Marrying The Beast

By officialgizellex

Suzette can't seem to find the money she needs to give herself and the people around her a good life. Blayze... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
The end (not really)
EXCITING NEWS

Chapter 24

5.1K 208 7
By officialgizellex

"Blayze do you know a good doctor here in New York and where is your thermometer?" Blayze turns away from his pan on the stove to look at me confused as to why I'm asking such a question. "Why? What's wrong?" He says unsure. "Genesis' forehead is hot and she's being really fussy. She's not a fussy baby this is really concerning me." Blayze looks at Melody then at Tyson then back at me. "The thermometer I believe is in my bathroom underneath the sink to the left in the right drawer."

Tyson hands me Genesis and he sprints to the stairs. I start to pat Genesis back in order to soothe her. She goes from whimpering to blown out crying within seconds and I start to panic. I have never dealt with a sick baby before. In fact, I don't like babies or kids in the matter and all these kids stuff is getting complicated. "I don't know what to do." I yelp to no one in particular. My parents aren't here to help me and no one in this room doesn't have a kid or have any experience with a kid.

"Stir this slowly okay and make sure you don't burn yourself. Chris supervise them." Blayze instructs. "You might as well tell Genesis to supervise them." Replies Luna sarcastically. Blayze ignores her and walks over to me. "Let me have her," I say nothing ready to get this baby away from. I hand Blayze the baby and he starts to walk over to one of the cabinets. I pull out a bottle and fills it up with water. He then feeds it to her and she immediately stops crying.

Tyson then comes downstairs with a white box. Blayze instructs him to open it and Tyson does as he is told. "There is one for babies and one for adults. The blue one is for babies and the grey one is for adults." Blayze says as he continues to soothe Genesis. Tyson hands Blayze the blue thermometer and Blayze places it under her underpit. We wait quietly for the results to come in. Even though it was only seconds of waiting, it felt like a trinity when the thermometer starts to beep. "Well, how high is it?" I ask Blayze getting anxious from his sudden quietness and stillness. "Her temperature is 110 degrees," Blayze quickly replies while heading to the counter. "Oh my God. Blayze please tell me you're lying."

He says nothing in return too concentrated on getting a paper towel and placing it under cold water. I watch as he places it over her forehead and Genesis quickly calms down. He starts to unbutton her onesie and removes the clothing from her body. "She's fussy because she's hot. We need to cool her down as much as possible. I'm calling into the hospital so we can take her their immediately. Damon, I need you to finish preparing the food. Just add the cut-up vegetables into the pan and stir it around for about three minutes till golden. Luna make sure Tyson and Chris don't do anything stupid while I and Suzette are gone."

"Hey!" Tyson and Chris exclaim in unison. Blayze ignores them and starts to make his way up the stairs while saying behind him, "Suzette grab whatever documentation she needs and meet me by your car." I open my mouth to say that the car he was referring to was not my car but as if he could read my mind her buds in, "It's your car no matter what excuse you use to say that it's not." I roll my eyes at this and start to make my way to the garage with the baby's necessities. Blayze comes walking into the garage shortly after I just did and starts to make his way to me. He is cradling Genesis and holding her with so much care that it makes my heart swoon. Ooo he makes your heart swoon. I ignore the little voice in my head and make my way to the back seat so that I can sit in the back with Genesis.

We start to make our journey to the hospital and I watch Genesis closely. She starts to cry, chocking for no apparent reason. Discolored mucus starts coming out of her mouth. "What's wrong? Is there something in your throat?" I ask her. Then I feel terror light up in my veins. "Blayze she's turning blue!" I feel my eyes start to whelm up with tears as I sit here helplessly watching Genesis struggling to breathe. Blayze speeds up and I can hear him muttering through greeted teeth, "Come on. Come on." Blayze is now speeding through the streets even running through red lights. I scream when he makes a sharp turn into the hospital parking lot. I don't wait for him to park as I decide to fly out of the car with Genesis in my hands. I burst through the hospital doors and start hollering, "Help me! She's turning blue! Help me please!" Nurses start to run to my aid and remove her away from arms. I run after them as they run to who knows where. I watch as Genesis is taken through some doors and I try to pursue after them but I'm stopped. "I'm sorry ma'am but you can't go in there." I look at the nurse my fear for Genesis turning into anger. "How dare you tell me I can't go in there with my baby! I'm going in there if you like it or not! And if I have to kill you to get in there I sure as hell will!" I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around me before I could lunge at this heartless piece of scum.

"Will everything be alright?" I hear Blayze ask still holding on to me. "I'm not sure yet but I will make sure to keep you guys updated." She gives a sympathetic smile before she heads to the doors where they took Genesis. I start full by quiver and my eyes start to whelm up with tears. I look at Blayze and whisper, "She can't die Blayze. I won't be able to live if that happens." He hugs me and starts to shush me as I cry into his chest. I feel my feet lift off the ground and I'm carried somewhere. Blayze stops moving and I feel him sit down.

I continue to cry for who knows how long dreading every second of waiting for any news of Genesis. Finally, I hear my name being called and I shoot upright to see a doctor standing nearby. I scramble from Blayze lap and rush to the doctor. "Is she alright? Please tell me she is alright!" The doctor looks at me and I can't figure out what emotion he has on his face. "Are you the parents of Genesis?" Before I could reply Blayze buds in saying, "Yes we are the parents. Now answer the question and tell us if she is alright." Blayze reply is firm and demanding.

The doctor's lips form into a grin as he says, "She is fine and is currently recovering. You guys are allowed to go in the room to be with her. If you'll follow me please." We start to make our way to Genesis all while hearing what happened to her. Apparently, she had a bad case of bronchitis. "This swelling makes breathing very difficult due to the narrowing and irritation of the airways." The doctor informs us as we make our way into an elevator to go to the children's wing where they keep all the children. "We were able to stabilize her and she is currently recovering. May I warn you she is being given oxygen to help her breathe and you may see some tubes that are connected to her body. If everything goes well overnight we can take those tubes out." The thought of seeing my baby injected with tubes is heartbreaking. "What could have caused this doctor?" Blayze quietly asks. I look up at him to see the color and light drain from his eyes. He looks scared. "A bad case of the flu or cold. Since she is a baby her body isn't as strong as an adult. She will recover and I will assign her a medication to help her body fight against the virus within her."

The word virus sends a shiver down my spine. Blayze gives my shoulder a squeeze and we wait and watch the doctor hand a nurse a folder before showing us where Genesis is located. When I see her I feel my heart start to ache. My bottom lip starts to quiver and my eyes start to swell up with big warm tears ready to fall down my cheeks. I refuse to cry once again in front of Blayze. Crying is a weakness and doesn't solve anything.

The doctor leaves us in the room with Genesis. Blayze and I sit quietly on the bed that is in the room watching Genesis sleep with tubes in her nose to help her breath. Who knows how long we sat here all quite, relieved, and scared. Quite because we didn't know what to say or do. Relieved because Genesis is going to be fine. Scared because she could have almost died. I hear Blayze shift a bit on the bed but I don't bother to look at him too scared to move my eyes away from Genesis in fear that if I look away she could slip from my fingertips.

"Suzette," Blayze croaks out. "I'm sorry that I'm not being much help with helping you go through this. I don't know what to exactly say, do, or-"
"You're right," I mumble out. My voice sounding like it needs water. "You don't know. I don't know what to do to ease the anxiety starting to build and me trying to stay strong..." I turn my head towards him slowly while saying, "I'm scared that if I look away from her..." I fully turn my head and my eyes look straight into his blue/green eyes. "...that she'll die." I look at Genesis and stand up walking towards her making sure everything is fine with her. When I reassure myself that she is fine I let out a sigh of relief.

I hear movement behind me and Blayze turns me around to look right down at me. "Suzette she will be fine and you will recover from this horrific moment. Whatever you need just tell me. If you need money-" "Blayze there are some things that can't be bought or healed with money." He nods his face turning blank and his shoulders losing their strong posture. I hug him noticing that he's trying and that he's being so supportive when he can just be a total bastard if he pleased.

My heart accelerates at the thought of Blayze trying to comfort me something he barely knows how to do. The walls I built throughout my young years of life to protect my heart from breaking once again start to rumble. What is this feeling? I have never felt this way not even with my first love. So what is this feeling? Ah yes Suzette, like I totally know what the fuck I'm feeling. 

Blayze looks at me with those piercing blue/green eyes full of mystery and wonder. Those eyes of his cause me to get lost in them. When he says my name I don't miss the joy that lights up in my heart. When he gets angry or sad I want to comfort him and make him happy once again. The parts of him that cause people to run away or hate him just makes me want to be near him even more because I too know what it's like to have people run away from me without bothering to give me a second glance or chance all because of one bad first impression. I can't go throughout the day without thinking about him or hearing his voice.

What is this feeling? Whenever Blayze and I have an argument I continue to stand there trying to reason with him trying to be patient. I rarely act kind but with him, I want to be kind to show him that a little bit of kindness makes a difference. I don't want to boast around him even though I do. I want to look out for him instead of myself. No matter how many wrongs he's done to me forgiving him comes easily. I want to protect him. Oh my God... I'm in love!  I'm in love with Blayze! I look away from Blayze to look at Genesis so that he doesn't the see the fear in my eyes. I'm in love with Blayze! I'm actually in love with Blayze. I caught feelings. Dammit. I wonder if there is an antibiotic to get rid of this useless feeling. You can't get rid of love. The urge to punch that little voice in my head in the face is very tempting. I swear this is going to end with my heart getting broken but being in love with Blayze feels so right. You're fucking confusing Suzette. I roll my eyes at myself. 

I look at Blayze again to see him look at Genesis with uncertainty and he sighs.
So I hug him and say into his shirt, "I was so scared Blayze. I'm still scared." He says nothing only hugging me not showing any signs to let me go from his embrace any time soon. I look up at him and he looks down at me. I give myself some height by stepping up on my tippy toes. I place my hands on Blayze shoulders to help keep me balanced and I lean in close to his face till our lips are millimeters apart. "Don't hate me after I do this but I desperately need a distraction and you said you'll help me with whatever I need."

Blayze whispers to back to me, "And what is it that you need?" What do I need? What do I need him to give me? I need him. I need him to distract the pain within me and replace that pain with himself. However, I won't tell him that because I'm not good with words. So instead I close the gab between our lips and seal the deal with my heart. I'm in love with Blayze.

I'm sorry that this chapter is really short. It's getting close to finals and teachers are throwing assignments at me in every direction. This chapter was supposed to be longer and was supposed to go up on Sunday but obviously, that did not happen. Once again I'm sorry about that. I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment, share, and vote. Reading your comments are very motivational and some are funny too. I would love to read what you think about the book or what should happen. 

lots of love (lol)

Gizelle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 1.1K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
3.8M 126K 51
"Hey, actually I wanna say something to you" a girl with hazel eyes said nervously. "Yeah" the guy with dark chocolate brown eyes replied. "Actuall...
1.6M 49.9K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
6.6M 237K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...