Layla

Von ussrocketdog

Layla Pierce has been anything but normal, and ever since the tragic accident with her family, she has made s... Mehr

Intro
Prologue
Chapter One: Dream On
Chapter Two: Why Her?
Chapter Three: Just Listen
Chapter Four: Speedy
Author's Note
Chapter Five: You Okay?
Chapter Seven: No Matter What
Author's Note
Playlist vol. 1
Chapter Eight: Friends
Authors Note
Chapter Nine: Beast of Burden
Part Two
Playlist Vol. 2
Chapter One: A Missing Piece
Chapter Two: Miss You
Chapter Three: You Should Join
Update
Chapter Four: He Needs To Remember
Chapter Five: Peter
Chapter Six: A Familiar Face
Chapter Seven: Layla
Chapter Eight: Stryker
Chapter Nine: Memories
Chapter Ten: A Message
Chapter Eleven: Rescue Mission
Chapter Twelve: The Truth
Chapter Thirteen: It's Time
Author's Note
Chapter Fourteen: The Battle
Chapter Fifteen: Gone
Chapter Sixteen: Choose
Chapter Seventeen: Strange
Chapter Eighteen: Thieves Like Us
Author's Note
Part Three
Chapter One: Back in the Saddle
Chapter Two: The Lab
A Note
Chapter Three: Tired Mind
Chapter Four: The Stranger
Chapter Five: The Results
Chapter Six: A Quiet Mind
Author's Note
Chapter Seven: The New Mutant
Chapter Eight: Normal
Chapter Nine: Puppet Master
Chapter Ten: Worlds Apart
Chapter Eleven: Nightmares
Chapter Twelve: Out of Control
Chapter Thirteen: The Stranger and Layla
Author Note
Chapter Fourteen: The Accident
Chapter Fifteen: Mirror-Touch
Chapter Sixteen: Guilt
Chapter Seventeen: Broken Promises
Chapter Eighteen: Too Late
Chapter Nineteen: Fragile Mind
Chapter Twenty: Vanished
Chapter Twenty-One: The Stranger Wakes
Chapter Twenty-Two: Peter and the Stranger
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dead Or Alive
Chapter Twenty-Four: Welcome To H.EL.L.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Rage
Chapter Twenty-Six: R.A.F.T.
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Doom and Gloom
Chapter Twenty-Eight: There's A Hole In My Soul
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unfinished Business
Chapter Thirty: Face-Off
Chapter Thirty-One: With or Without You
Chapter Thirty-Two: Who's That Girl?
Chapter Thirty-Three: This is the Day
Chapter Thirty-Four: Meet Thy Enemy
Chapter Thirty-Five: Afterlife
Chapter Thirty-Six: The...End?
Farewell
Author Note
Author Note
Question
Announcement (Updated)

Chapter Six: Get In, Get Out

2.2K 53 12
Von ussrocketdog

They had officially entered the Pentagon, and were now walking with a tour group to blend in. Logan, Hank, and Charles remained in the middle of the group, while Layla and Peter lingered in the back. Their job was to get inside the prison, but they had to find the door first. Peter kept running off to find the door, then would come back informing her, he had found nothing. Layla was hardly listening because her attention were on the guards, employees, and tourists inside the Pentagon. If she noticed someone eyeing them strangely, she wiped their minds telling them to forget her and Peter. While she may have looked calm, and collected, she was a ball of nerves on the inside. It was all she could do to keep her hands from visibly shaking. Since they arrived, her hands have been inside her jacket sleeves, gripping the edges tightly. Reality was beginning to sink in for Layla, and she now realized how serious this mission was. For a split second when they arrived, she thought of running away, and never looking back. The thought left just as quickly as it came. She would not be leaving, as much as she still hated doing this. She just kept reminding herself to wipe away memories, and that all of this would be over soon. 

"Okay, I found the door, let's go." Peter said quickly as he grabbed Layla's hand and tugged her along.

Layla swung around, tripping over her feet, while Peter practically dragged her from behind. She kept dodging people left and right, apologizing as she went. She attempted to yank her hand free, but his grip was tight. It had caused attention, and people were watching them. Layla plastered a fake, happy smile on her face hoping to ease people's nerves, as she wiped their memories. It was the same with anyone when she wiped their memories away. Their faces were blank, and their eyes emotionless, until she pulled away. Then they resumed back to life as if nothing happened. It was fascinating yet strange for Layla to see. Only another reminder of what she is. Shaking away her melancholy thoughts, she returned her attention to Speedy, who kept dragging her through the crowd.

"Would you," Layla grunted with disapproval as she tried to yank her hand away again. "I can't move as fast as you, I don't have super speed! And would you let go of my hand!" She hissed quietly behind Peter.

"We're almost there. Besides, you're too slow, and with me we'll get there faster. Of course, you're still lagging in speed, but people will think that we're a couple enjoying the place." He turned flashing her a bright smile. "At least that was the distraction I was aiming for." He said in an unsure tone with his brows drawn.

"Damn it, Peter!" Layla growled angrily. Irritation gripped her, and she grabbed Peter's wrist, yanking him back.

"What?" Peter asked suddenly as he came to a halt. He turned around looking at her with confused eyes, but then his eyes widened in awe as he gazed at her.

Layla was about to give Peter a piece of her mind, until she how much his eyes had widened. His expression went from confused to surprise in a snap. She drew her brows together, and tried to pull her hand away, but Peter wasn't budging.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked feeling uncomfortable.

"Your eyes. That's awesome!" He grinned.

Panic seized Layla, and she changed her eye color quickly. She didn't mean for them to change, but she had let her anger get the best of her, and lost a bit of control. It happened when she was angry, or sad. Most of the time, it was when she was upset or irritated, since that was all she felt it seemed. Layla's gaze travelled back to Peter, who kept staring, and they locked eyes. He just stood there gazing into her eyes, while everyone walked around them. Layla started feeling a bit awkward as he stared at her. She felt like she needed a hat or sunglasses to cover her face. At the same time, she felt nervous, and her body had begun to heat up, and she felt the tips of her ears burning. Peter was staring at her strangely, and she wasn't sure if she liked it or not. His immaturity had vanished, and he looked at her with serious, mature eyes. His dark eyes lowered to his hand holding hers, then he tilted his head to the side a bit as he took one more look at her, before turning back around.

Acting as if nothing happened, Peter kept dragging her behind him, until they came to the door that led to the kitchen. Layla peered through the circular window watching the cooks preparing food, scurrying about carrying pots, or setting up trays.

"The way to the prison is through here?" She asked skeptically while arching a brow.

Peter nodded and gave her a wolfish smile. His eyes sparkled with joy and there was mischief behind those eyes of his.

"Why, are you looking at me like that? I don't think I like that look." She said cautiously while she watched him carefully.

Peter slipped his googles on his face rubbing his hands together. "You ready?" He asked excitedly.

"No, not really. Why, did you put your goggles on?" She pointed to his face while taking a step back.

"Great! Now, hold on! There's an elevator down the hall, but you're too slow, and,"

"Well," Layla crossed her arms tilting her head to the side. "No shit, Sherlock."

"And..." He drawled bothered by her interruption. "You need to hold on, and don't move." He warned. "Now, please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle, while the vehicle is in motion." He smiled politely flashing his teeth.

Layla's eyes widened when she realized what he was going to do. She stepped back, holding her her hands out, but it was already too late. Before she knew it, Layla was inside the elevator. She was placed in the corner, and she leaned her body against the wall, keeping her head down. She shut her eyes tightly as the world spun around her. The sound of Peter's duct tape filled the quiet space, and Layla managed to glance up to see a security guard inside, carrying a food tray. Her eyes widened when she saw him, but before she could do anything Peter duct tape him against the wall, throwing the guard's clothes to side at the same time. The rapid movement only made Layla's head worse, and she shut her eyes as she leaned her body back against the wall. It felt like someone was forcefully trying to shove her to the side, and she wanted to vomit. Swallowing the bile down her throat, Layla attempted to steady herself.

"You alright?" Peter asked concerned.

The sound of his duct tape had stopped, and he stood by her side. He kept his eyes on her, ready to catch her if she fell. "It'll be okay. This happens, the whiplash. You should be fine by the time we reach the bottom floor." He informed in a serious tone.

Layla shot Peter a dirty look. "Don't. Do that. Again." She panted angrily.

"Can't really promise that. It's kind of my power, and we're gonna have to get out of here, somehow." He shrugged putting his hands in his pockets.

Layla glanced away, then looked back at Peter, realizing he was no longer wearing his clothes. He was now wearing the guards uniform. Her eyes lingered for a bit, and she didn't mean for that to happen, it just distracted her.

"Damn, of course he looks great in the uniform. If he can pull off these funky outfits, of course he can pull off a uniform. Damn it! Why, did he have to be attractive? Keep trying to push him away. Remember, Layla." She told herself when she lowered her head and looked away.

Peter kept his eyes on Layla, and cocked his head to the side. He had seen the look she had given him. In fact, he had seen them all. He was giving similar looks or glances to Layla as well. He couldn't help it. There was something about Layla, that attracted him to her. Peter had never experienced the strange feeling inside his chest, but he kept running with it. There was only one problem, and it was that Peter couldn't get a read on her. One minute she was angry at him, then the next she looked so damn sad and miserable. He had seen the small smiles she gave him, but then she would knock it down. Peter had an idea of what she was doing, but he didn't know why she was doing it.

The elevator chimed behind them, and Layla perked up. She turned, and faced the door. Dizziness still took over, but she was going to have manage with it.

"Let me go first. I'll wipe them." She told him.

Peter nodded and watched as the doors peeled open. A gray and white checkered hall greeted them with guards lining each white square on both sides. The tension crackled in the air around them. Layla stepped in front and the guard's attention immediately focused on her then to Peter. The first one by her side reached for his gun, and Peter's eyes widened. However, Layla was quick, and ordered him not to move and to forget them. She did so as she slowly walked toward the prison with Peter close by her side. After stepping through the revolver, for the "all clear check", they carried onward down the hall toward the large door, that blended in with the wall. Or at least tried to blend in. It was obvious there was a door given with all the lines around it, and the shape. Layla nervously glanced over her shoulder, and bit her lip. She was impatiently tapping her hand against her leg, wanting the door to open.

Peter glanced over at the guard by the revolver, and the guard buzzed them through. The thick, white block of a door clicked, then began to move backward. It revealed another chamber, and inside it was dark. Peter went in first, followed by Layla, and inside there was a hexagonal shaped window carved into the floors. Layla walked on the other side opposite of Peter, and they both peered down. Layla tilted her head, and squinted down at the man that laid sleeping on his cot underneath them. He looked familiar, but she couldn't figure it out. Why, did he look familiar? Shrugging away unimportant thoughts, she watched as Peter slid the tray inside the prison with the sticky note that read "Mind the glass."

The tray stopped by the man's head, and his eyes shot open. The man eyed the food with the note inside, and confusion crossed his face. Looking up, he saw Peter who lingered above with a tight smile. Layla stepped back, knowing what was going to happen next, and kept her attention on the open door behind them. Peter got on his knees, and placed his hand gently against the glass. His hands began to vibrate quickly, and Layla could feel the vibrations in her chest, and her feet. Finally, the glass shattered into tiny pieces, and Peter looked awed at what he did.

"I didn't think that would work!" He said feeling amazed.

"Wait? You didn't think that would work? Were you just winging this?" Layla asked bewildered.

"Maybe." He smirked.

"You're insane." Layla gaped.

Before Peter could reply with one of his witty remarks, alarms quickly went off.  The door they had just entered was now closing on them. Layla assumed this was going to happen, but now she didn't know what she was going to do. Her only idea was wiping minds again, but she didn't know how to keep it permanent. That wasn't the worst fear. It was trying to get out of here, and back to the elevator. Behind her, Layla heard the man grunt as he climbed out of his prison. Glass crunched under his feet as he stood. Layla stepped back, and glanced over at Peter who was smiling excitingly like a kid, but also trying to fight it and act serious. He kept slipping, and Layla's mouth curved into a small smile.

The man, known as Erik, stood up and walked to the shut door. "In three seconds, those doors are going to open, and twenty guards will be here to shoot us." He told Peter while facing the door.

Layla took a step toward the man not liking the way he was looking right now. He stood by the door, prepared to attack those guards the minute they came by. This Erik guy was lethal. Layla could see it, and she sensed it just by looking at his stance. Logan told her he could control metal, and that alone had already put her on guard.  But now? She was on full alert. Peter, however, didn't even look fazed by it. Either that or he was hiding it really well.

"What are you doing?" Erik asked in a warning tone.

"I'm holding your neck, so you don't get whiplash." Peter said quickly while he eagerly waited for the doors to open.

Layla stayed behind watching Erik, and the doors.

"What?" Erik asked stiffly, and he even sounded a bit scared.

"Whiplash!" Peter said breaking down the words for Erik.

The doors slowly opened, and no sooner did four guards come around the corner ordering them not to move. Peter took off, and Layla darted after him. The guards flew into the air then tumbled down on the floor. She ordered them to forget as she ran back to the elevator. She was still trying to get to the revolver when she saw the elevator doors closing.

"Peter!" She yelled with worry. She did not want to be left down here with the guards, and the others that would soon follow. Images of her locked up like Erik flashed in her mind, and her heart jolted with a worried pain.

After placing Erik inside the elevator, Peter ran back for Layla. He picked her up bridal style and held her close so that the effects of whiplash would be less intense. They arrived back in the elevator just before the doors closed, and Peter gently set Layla back on her feet. He stood by her side till she had adjusted.

"Are you okay?" He asked while his eyes roamed her body, checking for injuries. 

"I'm fine. Thank you." She panted feeling the effects of whiplash, though it wasn't as bad as last time. Peter changed into his old clothes again, and Layla stood in the corner watching Erik closely. She could tell he was feeling the effects of whiplash just like she had. As soon as Peter finished changing, he let out a huff while he checked his wristwatch. Erik did a double take, taken off track by Peter's quickness. Meanwhile, the guard was still duct taped to the wall. This situation was comical. Truly. They just broke a man out of prison in the Pentagon, a guard is duct taped to the wall, and Peter is acting like he didn't beat his all time record for running.

Something, was different about Peter, though. He had been giddy the whole time, and now that they had Erik, he was acting stranger than usual. He was trying to remain cool and collected, but there was something else. Layla could see it in his eyes.

"You're good. It'll pass. It happens with everyone." Peter said in a toneless voice. He kept fidgeting, and shuffling his feet from side to side. He eyed Erik strangely; he appeared nervous. He was trying to speak, but it didn't seem he could find the words. He was hesitant, but managed to ask Erik this, "Must've done something pretty serious?"

Then he switched his tone, and kept asking Erik what he did, sounding like an annoying kid. "Why'd they have you in there?" He added.

"For killing the president." Erik said.

Layla just stood there in shock. "That's why." She thought to herself. Shit, she and Peter had just broken out the man who killed John F. Kennedy.

Peter just nodded his head, mouthing wow, then turned to the guard and did the same thing. He looked over at Layla, and she was not only pissed, but she wished she had denied this offer to break Erik out. None of this was bothering, Peter. He was just going along with it. Not that Layla cared about that. She wasn't ticked with him, that was just Peter's attitude. No, it was what she had done, and she really should have pushed for more information.

"The only thing I'm guilty of, is fighting for people like us." Erik told Peter.

"Seriously?" Layla said incredulous.

"You take karate? You know karate, man?" Peter asked while he tugged at his jacket.

"I don't know karate, but I know crazy." Erik told him.

Peter looked down at his shoes, and laughed, while flashing a bright smile. Then he looked back up with a serious expression. "They told me you control metal."

Erik drew his eyebrows together. "They?" He asked quizzically.

The elevator chimed letting everyone know they were at their level.

"Ya know, my mom once knew a guy who could do that." Peter told him.

Layla whipped her head towards Peter, then looked over at Erik. She narrowed her eyes at the two of them, and drew her brows together. This would explain his sudden change of expressions and tones.

The doors to the elevator opened, and the sound of fire alarms pierced Layla's ears. She noticed the sprinklers had gone off in the kitchen, and saw a soaked Logan and Charles. Charles stood by the doors with water droplets dripping off the ends of his hair. Logan on the other hand, had managed to dodge getting sprayed by the sprinklers. He was wet, but it was more of a damp wet.

"Charles?" Erik asked sounding and looking a bit confused.

While Erik was confused to see Charles, they clearly recognized one another. At least Charles hadn't lied about that. When Charles saw Erik, his blue eye lit up with anger, and he punched Erik in the face. Erik fell to the floor, and Charles rammed into the wall almost knocking into Layla. The small punch had seemingly taken the energy out of Charles. Layla stood where she was while Charles recovered and held his hand from the punch, grunting in pain. Logan stepped through the doors, peering down at Erik who was wiping his blood stained mouth.

"Good to see you too, old friend. And walking." Erik managed to point out sounding positive.

"No, thanks to you!" Charles spat.

Erik got up. "You're the last person I expected to see today."

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here, if I didn't have to." Charles glared. "If we get you out of here, we do it my way! No killing!" Charles said curling his lips up.

"I don't have my helmet." Erik threw his hands up. "I couldn't disobey you, even if I wanted." He smiled smugly.

Peter and I stood together in the elevator glancing at each other with confused looks. This moment was awkward, and it got worse.

"I'm never getting inside of that head again." Charles growled angrily.

Peter screwed up his face looking a bit grossed out, and unsure of what had happened between these two in the past. Layla was feeling the same, and she awkwardly scratched her head, wishing she had stepped out of the elevator sooner.

"I need your word, Erik." Charles continued. The two stood face to face staring at each other intensely.

Layla glanced at Peter. "What do we do?" She mouthed.

Peter shrugged his shoulders, but then guards came swarming through the door pointing their plastic guns at everyone. "Nobody move! Hold it right there!" The guards shouted.

Layla ran out of the elevator and stood next to Logan, while Peter remained by Charles, and Erik was in the middle.

"Charles?" Erik asked urgently. "Freeze them, Charles."

"I can't" Charles croaked shaking his head.

Erik looked at Charles with sullen eyes, then turned to the guards knowing it was up to him to get them out.

"No way!"Layla thought. She was not letting metal man do this. Who knew what he was going to do. He already claimed he had killed the president. There was no way she was going to let him do anything. Besides, Layla was pissed off still about the situation, and not being told much of anything.

"I'll do it!" Layla shouted. Her eyes flashed violet, and she fisted her hands ready for the fight. All she needed to do was knock them out.

"Simple." She thought smirking.

Layla was eager for the fight. In fact, she was ready. Her hands no longer shook, and her heart rate was normal. She eyed each guard, planning her moves. Charles looked at Layla and his eyes widened with fear. He was unsure how much control she had over her powers. She was strong, and the more the serum wore off, Charles could sense it. There was so much to her, that she wasn't even aware of. If she lashed out, Charles didn't know if he could stop her.

"Layla, no! Don't!" Charles snapped.

The kitchen began to shake, and appliances began to float in the air. Layla didn't know if it was her, or metal man. At this point, she didn't care. All she was focused on was the fight.

"No!" Charles shouted as he placed his hand against Erik's chest.

_____________________________

Suddenly, chaos erupted. Two guards hit each other, one hit himself, and a pan flew into the other. Utensils, and other kitchen supplies flew everywhere, and the bullets that were aimed at Layla smacked into the wall beside her, and dodged the others. All the guards had fallen to the floor. Peter stood in the back, with a security hat on, and took his headphones off. Layla's eyes changed back to normal, and she was amazed at what he did. One second there were guards, and the next he had taken them all down. Layla followed the others out the door, and listened as Logan thanked Peter. Layla smiled, and hurried along.

__________________________________

"Peter, thank you very, very much. You take care." Charles thanked as he shook Peter's hand.

Hank stood beside Charles, and while Charles talked to Peter, Layla looked at Charle's private jet that had an X on the tail.

"Yeah, I saw your flight in the cockpit. Why, are you going to Paris?" Peter asked.

"There's a peace treaty being signed in Paris. That's why." Charles told Peter.

"Layla," Charles began and he diverted his attention to her. "Thank you. Be careful, okay?"

"Always am. Next time, I'm not doing that again." She said sternly.

Charles nodded and made his way up the plane stairs. Then he tossed Peters his car keys. "Do me a favor and return it for me?"

"'Kay."

"And Peter? Take it slow." He said.

Peter smiled, and they watched as the plane took off.

__________________

"Well..." Layla began. "See ya." She smiled and she began her walk back to Brooklyn.

"What? Hey! Where are you going?" Peter asked running up to her side.

"Back to my apartment."

"And where is that?"

"You don't need to know."

Peter stepped in front of Layla, and dropped his bag on the ground. "Okay, why are you like this? I can't get a read on you. One minute you're angry at me, and I don't know why, then you're smiling with me...I don't understand." He shrugged.

Layla sighed and bit the inside of her cheek. She wanted to get to know Peter more, but if she allowed herself to be a friend to him then..it would end badly. Just like, her parents. She had to keep pushing him away, and leave.

"Okay, and why is that my problem?" She asked harshly.

Peter let out a dry laugh, and licked his lips. "Look, I don't know what your problem is, but..."

Layla rolled her eyes, and walked around him. She hated doing this; she really did. Peter was a nice guy. Irritated, Peter sped in front of her and placed his hand on her collarbone, to stop her. "That was rude. Listen, I don't have any friends, and I know I don't know you well, and you don't know me, but I've considered you a friend during our Pentagon break in. It was a lot of fun. At least for me. I'm a loner, people think I'm weird, but you? You've been cool. So, why are you pushing me away, Layla? Because that's what you're doing, right?" He asked firmly. He stood there with his arms folded over each other, waiting for her answer.

Layla was taken by surprise. She didn't know what to say. Clearly, he was on to what she was doing to him. Layla glanced at the runway of the airport, and frowned. To be honest, she enjoyed being around Peter. He was cocky, a kleptomaniac, he had a tongue in cheek sense of humor, and he was serious when he had to be. Which was something she thought he didn't have, but she noticed it today while they were at the Pentagon. He loved music, and he talked to her. He wanted to know more about her, and even when she was pushing him away, he stayed. Yep, and Layla knew that. No matter what she said or did, he wasn't going to leave her alone because he knew what she was doing. He just didn't know why, but if he knew about her, he wouldn't even be standing here.

"Remember, Layla." She told herself.

Layla huffed and ran a hand through her hair feeling frustrated. Peter was a mutant like her, and she enjoyed meeting someone like her. Deep down she enjoyed his company, but they couldn't be friends. If something happened to him because of her, she would never forgive herself.

"I'm older now. How bad could it be? I have a bit of control." She said to herself trying to sound positive.

"Layla?" Peter asked a bit worried.

Layla snapped out of her thoughts, and turned to meet his stare. She opened her mouth to speak, but shut it. Peter stood there studying her, watching her every movement. He stood there patiently, waiting for her to speak. After what seemed like hours, she spoke. "Peter, I'm not.....you don't want to be my friend." She smiled sadly.

"Why not?"

"Because...it's complicated."

"Then uncomplicate it for me."

"Peter..." She warned softly.

"Layla, stop. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine, but how bad would it be for you and me to be friends?" He asked his dark eyes serious.

Layla stood there biting her bottom lip, in thought. She was older now. Perhaps, it would be different.

"Okay." She admitted feeling hesitant.

"Friends?" He asked sounding hopeful while the corners of his mouth began to curve upward.

"Sure...Okay. Friends." She tried to smile.

"Now, shall we? You alright with staying at my place? It's already late, and I can just take you back to wherever you have to go, tomorrow." He offered as he flipped the car keys over his fingers.

Panic hit Layla square in the chest, but she shoved it away. She would be sleeping at his house, and when she slept, her nightmares started. Guess she'd be going another day without sleeping. Layla fumbled in her pocket for her pills, and a wave of relief washed over her when she felt they were still there. If she took double the amount, she should be okay.Hopefully.

Layla nodded and agreed to stay at Peter's house till tomorrow. The two of them got in the car, and Peter's eyes lit up with excitement when he started the car. "I don't have a license, and I haven't even driven, but we should be fine. Can't be that hard, right?" Peter shrugged sending Layla a roguish smile as he peeled out of the airport.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

9.3K 291 20
What's her name? "(Y/N)." I prefer her real name. "Sauven; the legacy." I said her real name! "...Healer." "I call her Mender." "Medic." . . . "No...
30.7K 902 13
Before, running from her past seemed to be a struggle, but from the future? Now that's a whole different story. When Logan( aka Wolverine) shows up a...
34.9K 1.2K 15
Ekka didn't blink. She didn't say a word. She didn't even cry. She simply laid back on her bed and turned away from Xavier. "Ekka? Do you understand...
216K 6.8K 43
"My name is Charles Xavier " he says, "and this is my friend Erik Lensherr. We're here, your safe now." Before you pass out in his arms you choke out...