Mafia Princess

By Ayakashi_13

In the city of New York, I, Christine Knight, dress as a boy named Richard Knight to hide the fact that I'm a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Important Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Knock Knock I'm here!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Is this illegal?
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special Chapter: 30 Years Ago
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 28

2K 68 7
By Ayakashi_13

Kathleen P.O.V.

It seems they know now. As I moved my stare away from a shocked Jason, I turned to look at an even more aghast Russell with his mouth wide open.

I let a sigh escaped my lips as I rubbed my behind where I made a hard landing. I turned to look at Gabriel who was sitting next to me, busy caring for his wound to notice the truth revealed before Russell and Jason's eyes.

Gabriel was putting pressure on his right leg where a bullet had just grazed him, hissing under his breath with a language I don't know. He must have felt my stare on him because he turned to look at me.

He looked at me, dazed, but gave me thumbs up and a smile. I returned it with a small smile of my own.

I returned my stare towards the two guys who were now having mixed feelings towards Christine after knowing of her true gender. I wonder what'll happen to you now Christine?

I looked up when I heard my name being called. I turned to look at Michael who was smiling at me. "Come, Kathleen, we'll need you to help Richard change out of his clothes, seeing as we can't."

Michael said all that in a whisper and I nodded anyway. I followed Michael to where Christine is located which is in the helicopter.

While Michael and Victor turned to look away and stand as a guard, I changed her into some fresh clothes Michael brought with him.

It was just some loose sweats and a loose shirt. They didn't provide any bandage roll or something to hide her hair with. Seeing as her wig's now ruined and the bandage roll was beyond wet, there was nothing to help her hide her gender. Seeing as there wasn't anything I could do, I decide to just tightly wrap her up in the spare blanket, hiding all parts that can lead to people finding out that she's a girl.

After I was done with that, Victor and Michael had given orders to return to their base. Victor came back to the helicopter and took a seat next to where Christine was laying, supporting her head by letting her lay on his lap.

I was about to leave but I was stopped by Michael. "You'll have to ride the helicopter Kathleen, wouldn't want something to happen to Richard with Victor not knowing anything to help."

I felt Victor glare at Michael but Michael was already leaving to go to the boats and organize the rest of the men.

Michael P.O.V.

I returned to the rest of the members of the mafia. Some were injured but it wasn't too severe. I guess if I were to name one of the worst injuries we have now, I must say that it was Jason's mental injury at the truth of Christine. Well, maybe it's Russell after finding out his best friend is actually a girl. I'll have to explain to them later after this.

After organizing everything, Victor, Christine, and Kathleen were the first to leave via helicopter while the rest of us returned using the boats. I was sitting in the boat where Russell and Jason were riding. They were both heavily thinking of things and I knew what it was.

I'll have to tell it to them later on so no one can listen to this classified information, that is if it's even classified anymore at this point.

Before long, we've reached land and were now riding the SUV to our base. The ride was silent as we took the road leading to the main source of our base.

At that, Jason noticed the irregular road we're using. He gave me a confused look and I only smiled back at him.

In the distance in the most populated and busy part of New York, we reached a very high-rise building. Russell was still out of it and Jason gave me a surprised look.

Several SUVs followed ours and we all parked at the underground garage. We all started getting out of the car. Jason was looking in suspicion and Russell only just now noticed the new surroundings which he replied in a confused way.

Jason looked towards me, giving me a knowing glance as he looked at the building he rarely went to. No one was paying attention to Russell as he looked all over in a panicked state.

I went towards the elevator, Jason following close behind, and I called for Russell to follow us. He was confused but followed us nonetheless.

The elevator ride was silent when we reached the highest floor where Victor's office is located along with large living quarters attached separately to his office. No matter how many times I visit this building, I'm always impressed with the building's design and the many available things inside.

We now stand before to large white double doors where I knocked on it softly. The one to answer the door was Kathleen as she opened the door for us to enter.

Inside the room were, of course, Kathleen, Victor, and the private doctor of the White Dragons who's an old man with black skin of the ripe old age of 70.

Victor saw us from where he was sitting on the couch in the living room lobby with a glass of whiskey and the doctor was checking on Christine as she lay on the Queen-sized bed in the room further from the living room, her clothes changed and dry from the clothes she was wearing earlier and her hair, her real hair, framing her pale face softly in soft brown curls. She reminded me of the story of Sleeping Beauty as she lay there sleeping.

I felt Jason and Russell stiffen from behind me at the sight of her unconscious form. I left them to join Victor to where he was standing at the side as Kathleen aided the doctor by bringing some hot water and other things.

"So, how is she?" I asked Victor. He may have looked unfazed but I could sense the worry he has.

"The doctor said that she'll be fine. She just needs the rest." He replied to me in a gruff voice.

I turned to look at Jason and Russell to see how they're doing, and they're more frozen in shock than before.

"The boys will have to digest all of this at once," I spoke as I kept my sight on the males.

"Since when did I give a fuck about them?" Victor said in a serious tone.

"Now that's not a tone you should associate yourself with now Victor." I saw the frustration he had on his face as he gulped down on his whiskey. "What would you think Clara would say if she saw you like this?"

The sound of glass breaking was heard throughout the room as Victor stood up and pointed a gun to my head. "How would I know what my dead wife would say when I almost got my own daughter killed?! I was the reason Clara died and I will also be the reason why my own daughter will die!" The atmosphere in the room was tense as everyone's eyes were laid on us.

I looked at Victor and I could see the man who has led a mafia for all his life have the look of utter horror and fear in his eyes. As much as people have seen him as a ruthless bastard who deserves to rot in hell, I and his deceased wife were the only ones to see through his façade. As Victor stood in front of me now, he just looks like an ordinary father caring deeply for his family.

Oh, Clara, you have no idea how Victor has fallen ever since your death. If only you could see him now and comfort him. But since you aren't here, I'll just have to keep your promise and handle him myself.

I moved the gun away from my head with the back of my hand, never keeping my eyes away from Victor's dreadful eyes. "Save that bullet for the person who has brought harm to your family. For now, don't you think your daughter deserves some proper rest?"

Victor's eyes flipped towards Christine's resting figure as her face held an expression of discomfort. My heart ached to think of what nightmare she was currently having.

I saw from the corner of my eye the expression of vulnerability and pain in Victor's eyes. That was immediately gone when he turned back to grab the whiskey bottle next to him and storm out of the room.

I'm getting too old babysitting Victor. I let out an exasperated sigh as I looked at the people in the room. I gave them my signature smile and acted as if what happened earlier never happened.

"Kathleen, would you be a dear and get something to clean up the mess here? It's far too dangerous if this is left here. If you're all done doctor, I'll deposit the money in your account. Now while I try to take that whiskey bottle away from Victor, I need you two to keep eyes on Christine as she rests. I'm sure you two aren't going to keep your eyes off of her."

I looked at them as they were speechless from all that I've said. Kathleen went ahead to fetch what I presume to be a dust bin and a broom to clean up the glass on the floor followed by the doctor leaving as well as he brought along his case and coat with him. And as I said, Jason and Russell went on to do what I had just said, two of them each taking a single chair from the dining room and placing it on each opposite of the bed, Russell on the left and Jason on the right.

Now that that's all done, I went ahead to go search for Victor to pry his hands off of the bottle he had brought with him. It's not going to be easy.

Christine P.O.V.

The blood covering my whole body felt disgusting and it reeked. But I could care less. As war was raging from behind me, I could only hear my heart beating erratically and my unsteady breathing as I looked at the sight before me.

I stared at the dead body looking at me with his cold, dead eyes. I could feel vomit just urging to come up from my stomach. But the feeling of screaming my lungs out and crying out with all I have was more overpowering.

I wanted so much as to stop looking at him but my body can't seem to move. I was stuck staring at this person.

It's all my fault. If I just hadn't stepped in then none of this would happen. He would still be alive and I would have still been living my life before I got sucked into the mafia world.

I looked at the man's hand and saw a handgun. Nothing came across my mind as I soon found myself holding the gun to my head.

"I'm so sorry..." and then I pulled the trigger.

I shot up from my position as I went into a coughing fit. I could feel someone patting my back as I coughed. I looked up slightly and saw a glass of water being handed to me, which I took, as I drank it down. The moment I drank the glass of water was when I just realized just how parched I was. I drank the water until the very last drop.

I took my time taking in some fresh air and calming my erratic heartbeat. It had taken a while but I had finally calmed myself. But it was all in vain.

Once I looked up to see the people next to me, I could feel my heart beating fast again as a surge of panic filled me.

Shit. You are effing shitting me. What have I done in this life to be cursed with my life now?!

I was utterly speechless as Russell still had his hand on my back and Jason was standing in front of me holding the glass I had just noticed he had taken from me. Both of them were looking at me with an unreadable expression, though I can make out distress in both of them as they stared at me in worry.

I stayed in my place on the bed as I felt their eyes bury holes into me. I wanted to dig a hole and just hide in it forever and never to resurface again. The silence was broken when Jason spoke up.

"I'll go fetch your food. You must be starving." And then, as if on cue, my stomach grumbled. I couldn't stop myself from feeling even more embarrassed. I kept my head down as I tried to bring the heat from my face down.

Russell stayed by my side the whole time as I kept my head down. Hearing nothing from Russell who talks all the time is quite the experience that is too good to be true. But with the situation now, it wasn't the right time to be thinking that.

Jason came in minutes later with a cart and not once did I nor Russell even start a conversation during the time that he was gone. Jason had stopped at the side next to me. He was about to set up the food and I was expecting it but he was looking at something. I then felt Russell's hand move away from my back. I had forgotten his hand was on my back the whole time. His touch was always welcomed before, but now, I didn't want to feel it now. Not with the tension we have now in our relationship.

Jason started setting up a wooden mini table in front of my lap as I stood still with myself still on the bed. He had placed a bowl of chicken soup and the smell was just inviting me in.

"The doctor said that you couldn't eat any solid food for the time being," Jason said as a matter of fact as he sat back down on a chair next to the bed.

I only nodded my head and picked up a spoon and started eating. I looked around the room and it despite its fanciness it wasn't the same room as the one I was held captive in. My memories we hazy and I could only remember up until the time were I was on Liberty Island. I wanted to ask them what had happened but I knew that bringing up something like that now was too much.

"You're now in one of the White Dragon's private hotels," Russell said suddenly from next to me as he was still sitting on the edge of the bed. "I assure you this is the safest place right now." He had read my mind like he had done for several years now. As best friends, I didn't know if he just knew me well or if I was just predictable.

"You've been out for 12 hours now." It was Jason's turn to speak up. "I already sent word that you were up."

Oh great, more awkwardness from people. I wasn't at all prepared for all the things that had happened so far in a span of a couple of months. I wonder why life suddenly decided to make me suffer this way.

Time was spent in the silence of the awkward atmosphere around the room. None of us decided to talk and it was for the best.

A strand of long brown hair made its way to the middle of my face. I unconsciously tucked it behind my ear. It only took me a couple of seconds before I started panicking as I came into the shocking revelation.

"Wait what?!" I had suddenly shouted and I gathered the attention of both males. I was at a loss for words and I couldn't bring out any clear words as I became a stuttering mess.

"Hey calm down." Jason held my arms in a firm grip in order for me to stop flailing my arms around. I looked at Jason and Russell in a panicked and confused way and they both had the expression as if I knew something I didn't. Well, I know now.

"Since when...?" My voice came out soft but I was trying my best to not freak out even more.

"Since that day..." Russell spoke from behind me and my mind immediately went to that fateful day I was last with Luigi.

"How?" I was getting more agitated and my voice had shaken a bit.

"Now that's something that doesn't need to be elaborated." Jason had said firmly and all too quickly. He had started putting away the now empty bowl of soup onto the cart and he had placed the cart aside.

I heard Russell click his tongue in irritation from behind me. "He-" Russell stopped himself before he corrected himself. "She needs to learn all of this!" Russell ad raised his voice and my head ached when he did.

Jason must have noticed because he had spoken up next. "Will you be quiet? She's still under poor condition."

"Oh, now you care for her?" Russell spoke in a sarcastic tone. "Did you care when you brought her into this world of yours?!"

"I was only taking orders!" It was Jason's turn to raise his voice. Not as much as Russell's voice but it was still stunning. "I knew nothing of her before she came in!"

"Well aren't you just a shitty mobster!" Russell had plucked the last straw from Jason's patience as Jason was about to punch him.

"No!" I had mustered up all my strength to go towards Jason and hold his arm back. My feet were stinging from the cold of the floor and my legs were still weak and I was holding onto Jason for balance.

"Go ahead and punch me, mobster!" Russell was now daring Jason as he spread his arms wide and left himself vulnerable.

"That's enough!" My voice was hoarse as I tried to stop them. I held onto Jason's arm tightly and tried to hold it back. As if a puny girl such as myself can stop a large muscular man such as Jason.

Time passed and I just held onto Jason's arm tightly. Silence and heavy breathing were all that was heard in this room. My hold on Jason didn't slack as I held his arm against my chest. After a while, I felt his arm slackened.

I looked at him to see him calming down. And before I knew it I felt arms go under my legs as I was lifted up. I had unconsciously grabbed Jason's chest as he placed an arm under my legs and behind my back.

I was starting to get dizzy as he carried me. I don't know if it was because of the sudden action or because of my face heating up. It was probably both.

He brought me back to lie down on the bed. I looked into his expression and I couldn't point out his emotions. He had a blank expression on as he tried to make me comfortable on the bed.

"Is that all you're going to do you asshole?!" Russell was going on more.

"I won't hesitate to put a bullet into your head." Jason's tone was cold and knowing him, I know he can really do it.

Before a fight could start once again, I butted in. "Russell could you just step out for a while."

I had spoken before I could have thought of it clearly. I had caught myself off guard and I knew that I had also caught Jason and Russell off guard.

I was expecting Russell to talk back but he didn't. "If that's what you want, then fine. So be it." It pained me to hear Russell's detached voice as he walked out the door of the room.

I didn't even try to stop him, no less than even look at him as he walked out. What kind of friend am I?

I sat on the bed with my knees to my chest. Is there no time for me to even be myself now?

Jason sat on the edge of the bed and that made me tense a bit. I looked at him and saw him looking at me. He was just wearing a plain black top and jeans. Seeing him without his black leather jacket was a change but it didn't give me much joy than I thought it would.

I heard Jason let out a sigh as he looked away from me. "Don't make a face like that."

"What?" I looked at Jason, dumbfounded.

"You were always predictable." He stated in a matter-of-fact tone. "I know you're going through a lot of these things but remember I'm here to protect you. Even though I failed now and this happened to you." I remembered the days I had been captive by Luigi Armani. It wasn't that bad actually except for being made fun of, playing dress-up, and being handled by his mobsters. It wasn't like in those movies where they would beat up the prisoner. But I didn't butt in Jason as he continued to talk. "This time I'll protect you and I won't leave you."

Jason looked at me with a steely determination in his eyes and I felt my heart skipped a beat at that. I could feel a tint of warmth on my cheeks and I tried calming myself down as I tried not to give away my current state.

I shifted a bit which made a strand of my hair move in front of my face. I was about to tuck in the strand behind my ear but Jason had beaten me to it as I felt his rough fingers brushed against my ear.

The warmth had spread more on my cheeks and my heart was just beating at a fast pace now as I stared into Jason's face as he looked at me.

What seemed like minutes had passed and we were still in a state of staring into each other's faces. It all went to an end when Jason retracted his hand back got up from his seat. I was about to question him when the door opened and in came a worried-looking Gabriel, an awkward-looking Kathleen, an unsurprisingly smiling Michael, and a stoic-looking Victor. They had all gathered around my bed, still giving me enough though, as they bombarded me with comfort. But the only thing that I had placed my attention on was Jason walking out the door and leaving the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 330 19
The cold barrel presses sharply into my temple. "Go on," I goad. "Isn't this what you do to the people who piss you off?" His gaze hardens. His hand...
151K 2.9K 40
[COMPLETED, June 10, 2022] [NOT EDITED YET] He wants to kill me because he lost his mother and his girlfriend, which isn't even my fault. I wasn't ev...
15.2K 319 34
However, this time he did a move that I didn't expect. His face turned dark, his eyes shaded black as he smirked in a very evil way. "Why aren't you...
217K 15.8K 60
I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year old single man. Why you may ask? Because I...