Written In the Stars | s.b |

Door andreaxjulia

Once there was a young and passionate girl by the name of Ariah. She lived in a poor environment, doing every... Meer

PROLOUGE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
PSA

TWENTY-SIX

2.8K 84 153
Door andreaxjulia

"What do you think?" Marlene asked. "A double date with Remus and Meeka in Hogsmeade?"

"I mean it sounds fine," Sirius said.

"Fine?"

"Yeah... I mean it sounds like a normal group hang out but yeah." Sirius shrugged.

"It's not like a normal hang out, Sirius," Marlene said. "I don't know if you know this, but I'm not apart of your friend group. In fact — none of them like me."

"That's not true," Sirius said.

"The other day I saw them all talking in the library and as soon as I went over to them, they all went dead silent..."

Sirius thought back to what she could be talking about. The other day they had agreed to meet up and discuss animagus stuff.

"Well... it's... they..."

"They hate me," Marlene said.

"No. No!"

Sirius pulled Marlene's legs onto his, pulling her closer to his body. "My friends are complicated. If you haven't noticed — we all get into a lot of trouble."

"Oh I have," Marlene said with an added giggle.

"They were probably just getting into some trouble and since they don't know you too well — they weren't sure you would be on board."

Marlene's blue eyes peered into Sirius' and he lost himself  in her presence in that moment.

"You mean that?" She asked with twinkling doe eyes.

"Of course — they'll love you just as I love you."

"Y-you love me?"

Sirius' eyes went wide. He hadn't even realized he'd said it. He definitely never realized he truly did love her. But if he said it, then he obviously meant it. Right?

"Y-Yeah... yes."

Marlene smiled, kissing Sirius. "I love you too."

Sirius let out a squeal as he was pulled into an empty corridor while walking to Divination.

He allowed his heart to slow its pace as he saw Ariah in front of him. "Dear God woman! Never do that again!"

"Did you — did you squeal?" she asked, holding back a giggle.

Sirius rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "Is there a reason you nearly gave me a heart attack?"

"Don't be such a drama queen," she said with a fond smile.

She'd missed his dramatics as much as he'd missed her smile and that twinkle in her eye.

"I — er..." Sirius looked down at his feet. "I never asked how you are... after..."

"It's been a month and you're just now checking on me... how considerate..."

Sirius cringed, feeling the betrayal and hurt in her voice. He wanted to ask — so many times. There were countless moments in potions or transfiguration when he'd see her blank expression and teary eyes and long to walk over and hug her. To hell with Marlene.

But he could never get himself to do it. He'd grown to love Marlene and he didn't want to hurt her either. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"I'm sorry... I've just — I've been..."

"Please don't say busy," Ariah said. "I don't want to hear lies, or excuses. I just — I want to know... what did I do..?"

"What?"

"What did I do to make you hate me, Sirius?" As he looked up, he could see her wiping at the tears falling from her eyes. "I'm sorry I pushed you out but —"

In a moment of impulse, Sirius closed the gap between them, engrossing Ariah's small body in a tight embrace.

Ariah couldn't ignore how tall he had gotten since summer. Her head reached his mid-chest allowing her to hear the steady beat of his heart. She also found it difficult to ignore his scent — fresh fallen rain and something minty.

Throwing her arms around him, Ariah gripped tightly at his shirt — not wanting this moment to ever end.

"I'm so sorry I made you feel that way," Sirius whispered into her hair. "I don't hate you Ariah."

"Then why are you ignoring me? Why are we drifting apart?"

Sirius sighed, pulling out of the hug and holding Ariah at arms length.

"I— I don't know..." he lied. "It's just... something that happens...."

"I don't want it to happen to us.... you're my best friend, Sirius. If I don't have you... I don't know what I have...."

Sirius felt something inside him crush itself with guilt. Things were definitely getting worse for him.

"I'm telling you now, this is going to be awkward," Meeka told Remus.

"It is not," Remus said.

"We know nothing about her!" Meeka exclaimed. "And she's dating Sirius which makes Ariah hurt and Marlene and Ariah obviously have bad blood and Ariah is my best friend so this will be awkward!"

"Marlene is your roommate," Remus said. "And you're the one who asked."

"I didn't think you'd agree!! Ariah is going to have my head if she finds out you and I conspired against her with the devil herself."

Remus sighed, placing his hands on Meeka's shoulders. "Marlene is not the devil. She is Sirius' girlfriend and he wants us all to get along."

"But I don't want to get along with her," Meeka pouted. "I want my best friend back. Fully back."

"Ariah is taking her own path right now," Remus said with obvious discomfort. "She'll come back to us..."

"Not if we have this double date with Sirius and Marle — Hey —"

Meeka cupped her boyfriends face with her hands as she saw the tears build in his eyes.

"I- I'm just being dramatic," Meeka said. "Of course Ariah will come back to us."

"I just... I don't know what to do about her... she's my sister. I should — I should be a better brother for her but —"

"Hey. Don't do that to yourself Remus," Meeka said sternly. "You're a fantastic brother and I know Ariah is constantly grateful for you."

Remus rubbed his face with his hand. "Thank you Meeka... I don't know how I got so lucky as to have you in my life."

"I am amazing," she said with a cocky smile.

Remus chuckled, wrapping his arms around her, their foreheads touching. "That you are Meeka Rue-Elle Glass."

Remus walked along the streets of Hogsmeade with Sirius who clearly wasn't listening to anything he was saying.

Sighing, Remus came to a stop, grabbing Sirius' arm.

"What's wrong?"

"Hm? Nothing..." Sirius said.

"Yeah okay, sure." Remus rolled his eyes. "Look you can tell me Sirius. I won't judge you if that's what you're worried about."

"Of course not," Sirius said with a sigh. "I know you would never judge me... it's just — it's about you're sister so I don't want you to get involved."

Sirius started walking ahead, but Remus held tightly onto his arm.

"What'd Ariah do now?"

"What? Nothing!" Sirius exclaimed. "Why's everyone think it's Ariah who did something wrong..."

"Because Ariah is an emotional mess." Remus shrugged.

"Her mother just died..." Sirius said in her defense.

"So did mine..." Remus said. "She doesn't own a patent on it."

Sirius cringed, forgetting in that second that they were twins. They're hardly even together now days, it was hard to remember that detail.

"Yeah... sorry..."

"What happened with Ariah?" Remus asked. "You can tell me. We're not too close these days..."

"I've noticed... and neither are we." Sirius kicked at a clump of dirt. "Because... well Marlene doesn't like how close Ariah and I are.... but Ariah is really struggling Remus.... and she doesn't have anyone and I just — I feel stuck...."

"Marlene told you not to be friends with Ariah?!" Remus asked. "And you agreed to it!?"

"I love her Remus! — Marlene — not Ariah. I mean we're good together — Marlene and me.... I don't want to loose her. But I don't want to hurt Ariah either..."

"Well you have to do something about it Sirius."

"I know that! But Ariah pulled me over in the halls yesterday and she was so broken, Remus — I couldn't tell her that we can't be friends anymore I mean imagine how far she'll fall if I tell her."

Remus sighed, running a hand through his hair. "But if I tell Marlene — then she'll get jealous and probably break up with me!"

"I don't know what you want me to tell you, Sirius," Remus said. "Obviously I'm rooting for my sister here — but I'm also rooting for you and your happiness. So, just do what feels right to you... I'll help Ariah if you choose Marlene. She's not alone."

Sirius let out a deep sigh. "Bloody hell... when did life get so complicated?"

Remus shrugged, throwing his arm over his friends shoulder. "When we entered the mysterious realm of dating."

Meeka was lifted off of her feet as Remus wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. She let out a giggle, turning to face Remus as he set her down. Her arms hung loosely over her shoulders as she stood on her tipee-toes to kiss him.

"You're very lucky that was Remus and not me," Sirius said. "We were planning on switching to prank you guys."

"That was never a plan," Remus said. "Like ever."

Sirius smirked. "You're right. I would never even let you hug my beautiful girlfriend."

He wrapped his arms around Marlene's waist, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh — erm — hey guys," Ariah said. "I thought you three weren't able to hang out..."

"Ariah! Uhm.. well — we —"

"We made these plans a while ago," Marlene said, stopping the three from having to come up with an excuse.

"And what exactly are these plans?" Ariah crosses her arms over her chest.

"Exactly what it looks like," Marlene said in a fake cheery tone. "A double date."

"Oh! Fun..."

"We would have invited you but —"

"You don't have a boyfriend... or anyone really," Marlene said.

"It's okay," Ariah said. "I'd rather drown in the black lake then spend a minute with you."

She gave a giant fake smile to Marlene before turning to face Sirius, her expression far more sincere. Meeka had to hold in her chuckle, causing Remus to elbow her softly.

"Sirius I just wanted to thank you for yesterday," she said. "I really needed someone to talk to you and I really missed having you around — maybe we could meet up sometime?"

"I — er —"

"Ariah!" Frank called from the doorway. He waved at the girl with a large smile.

Meeka couldn't ignore the giant smile that erupted on her best friends face at the sight of the older boy. Nor could she ignore the way her face light up.

"Oh — I'm meeting Frank for lunch right now but let me know later when we can hang out."

She walked away, Meeka watching as Frank and Ariah pulled into hug. A large smirk formed on her face as she nudged Remus.

But his focus was on his best friend and Marlene.

"You hung out with her?" Marlene asked with bite.

"No! Well... we talked but she really needed me and —"

"She's always going to need you but I need you to be honest with me and to keep your promises," Marlene said, crossing her arms tightly over herself.

"I'm sorry, what promises," Meeka asked.

"Meeka..." Remus pulled his girlfriends arm in an attempt to keep her out of it.

"This doesn't concern you Meeka," Marlene said.

"Look." Sirius grabbed Marlene's arm, lowering his voice. "I'm sorry but her mum just died and she's been crying for help for weeks. I can't ignore that anymore."

"I told you to choose, Sirius. It seems like you still haven't made a decision."

"I have! I've stayed away like you asked. I can't help it if she comes to me and I'm not going to ignore her when she's asking for help."

"I am so sick of having this same fight Sirius!"

Marlene stormed away from the group, clearly bringing everyone in the three broomsticks' attention onto the arguing couple. Sirius groaned before calling to Marlene, following her out.

"That bitch!" Meeka said. "Making him choose like — it isn't fair!"

"It's none of business Meeka," Remus said. "Sirius has to figure this out himself."

"Can't he see she isn't good for him! They're awful!"

"Meeka. Promise me you will not get involved with this," Remus said sternly.

"Remus —"

"Solemnly swear."

"I'm not going to —"

"Solemnly swear, Meeka."

"Or what? Huh? I don't have to solemnly swear if I don't want to." She crossed her arms over her chest stubbornly.

"Fine. But in the marauders clause number 56 it states that if one party member wishes not to partake in the swearing that the other party members can hex said party member to loose at every game night."

"There is no marauders clause number 56! We only have 55!" Meeka exclaimed.

"We voted on it the other day," Remus said.

"We can't vote for new clauses without all party members!"

"You were there."

"I was not I would remember that clause!"

"Well then we'll call a meeting tonight and vote it."

"I — grr!" Meeka pulled out her pinky. "This is too aggravating I'll do the swear."

Remus smirked, quickly wrapping his pinky around hers. "I totally tricked you."

"You should have been sorted into Slytherin..." Meeka grumbled. "You snake..."

"Marlene!! Marlene wait!"

Sirius grabbed her wrist, stopping her in place.

"I'm sorry! I'm sick of having this fight as well," he said.

"Then why do we keep having it?" Marlene asked. "Why do you keep letting her back in."

"Because... because she was my first friend," he said. "I can't just drop her, Marlene.... I care about her. But I love you — why don't you trust me?"

Marlene sighed. "Of course I trust you."

"Then I don't understand what the issue is?"

"You're right... I don't know why I'm getting so freaky jealous.... I just don't want to loose you," Marlene admitted.

Sirius cupped her face with his hands. "You won't. I promise. I love you."

"I love you too Sirius."

Sirius smiled, kissing her forehead and then her nose before softly kissing her lips.

"Do you think... do you think you and her could try getting along? It would mean the world to me if I could hang out with both of you?"

"Of course, Sirius," Marlene said. "Anything for you."

"It just doesn't make any sense," Jaye Scorger said, finishing off his rant.

"Nothing that Slughorn ever says makes any sense to me," Ariah said with a sigh.

She had taken extra potions lessons just to be able to pass this year. In those extra classes, she met Jaye Scorger and Gwendylan Rose — two, third year slytherins. Ariah got close to the two pretty quickly in the weeks following her mother's death.

She still hung out with the crew, but it was hard to feel connected to them with everything that happened the last year. Plus, there was the strange tension that seemed to pass through Ariah and Sirius when they were together. He hardly said a word to her and they never met up in the astronomy tower any more. Ariah went almost every night. But Sirius was nowhere to be seen.

Meeka and Remus were difficult to get time with as well. The two were almost attached at the hip.

Ariah had only James and Frank — and even they were fleeting at times. So Ariah stuck to Jaye and Dylan.

"Very valid point," Dylan said. "And he's got those giant eyes. I can't ever focus on anything with those owl eyes."

The three let out chuckles as Marlene, Dorcas Meadowes and Hestia Jones approached. The three instantly went silent.

"Hey McKinnon," Ariah said with disinterest.

Marlene put on a plastered smile. "Hey Ri! Us three are having a small party tonight — do you want to join?"

"Just us three and a bottle of fire whiskey," Dorcus added.

"Why would I ever agree to that?" Ariah asked. "You hate me. I hate you. We can barely tolerate being in the same room."

Marlene let out a hearty laugh. "Oh Ariah! That was in the past."

"Just yesterday you stuck your cat on my bed while he was peeing."

"I've changed," Marlene said. "And besides... Sirius wants us to be friends."

"Oh," Ariah said with understanding. "I'll pass. I have work to do."

"Oh come on Lupin," Hestia said. "You're the biggest partier at Hogwarts. We really want you to be there."

"She's changed," Dylan said. "And she said no."

"I think Ariah can speak for herself, Gwendylan," Marlene said with a smile. Dylan glared at the girl for using her full name. "C'mon — Really it'll be so much! It would mean so much to Sirius!"

Ariah thought for a moment. She had a sinking suspicion that the reason Sirius wasn't talking to her as much, was because of her and Marlene's obvious tension. All she wanted was for at least one of her best friends to be there for her through this dark time.

"Okay," she said. "If it means that much to Sirius then I don't see the harm."

"Oh really!? Yay!" Marlene exclaimed. "Just meet us by the Black Lake after curfew — we're going to go for swim."

She winked, lowering her voice down for the last part.

"This doesn't sound like a good idea Ri," Jaye said once the three girls had left.

"I agree with Jaye on this one," Dylan added. "Something about her tone seemed threatening..."

"Oh come on guys. Just because she's dating the guy I love doesn't mean we can't be friends," Ariah said.

"I think that's exactly what that means," Dylan said. "Am I crazy for thinking that?"

"Definitely not," Jaye agreed.

"Everything will be fine," Ariah said. "Sirius wouldn't date a bitch — there has to be something good about her."

"Sirius is a bitch so..."

Ariah sent a glare in Dylan's direction but she was already walking ahead of the two.

"If she hurts you," Dylan called as she walked away. "I'm not responsible for the dead blonde hufflepuff bitch."

A/N this chapter was a bitch to write out. It's super long which is why I didn't post on Monday — it took a lottt longer than I thought it would.

Also — If y'all were reading Entwined, I unpublished it and put it on hold so I could the plot and shit in order bc man I had no real plans lmao.

But yeah this chapter is really thicc so I hope y'all enjoyed it.

I know a lot of you will be pissed i have portrayed Marlene as a catty bitch but they're 13 so all girls are catty bitches and Ariah is a giant catty bitch as well so yeah. No one is 100% saint.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

444K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
139K 5.7K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
2.6K 101 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...
1.1K 44 56
It all started to make sense to Sirius, bit by bit. He wanted desperately to be himself, to belong somewhere and be excepted as himself, "But how do...