L a c y L e a t h e r s

Af xPureChances

She has skin like porcelain. He is a shade like bronze. But when all their differences are put to the side... Mere

00:01
00:02
00:04
00:05
00:06
00:07
00:08
00:09
00:10
00:11
EXTENDED STORIES + FUN THINGS + SPIN OFF

00:03

35K 2.1K 796
Af xPureChances

.

Shar

.

I never knew why people turned to alcohol.

But now I knew. They wanted to forget. For one second, to forget what was going on in their lives and indulge in the falsehood they surrounded theirselves with.

I was doing everything in my power to forget and live a false life. Because that's the only thing I got left.

.

Valerie

.

I threw my hoodie over my head, reaching for my iPod over my bed desk afterwards. I glanced at the time on my bedroom wall and say I just made it in time for my morning run.

Smiling to myself, I walked out my room. Only to bump into my sister.

The stench was so strong I nearly tripped backwards and clasped both my nostrils together.

"Melissa?" I exclaimed, looking at her from under my nose. She looked dead beat which was something completely out of the unordinary. Her eyes were bloodshot red, a few unshed tears at bay. She looked hollow and nearly sucked out of life.

My smile immediately dropped, worry coursing through me.

"Melissa?" I whispered at her, putting a hand over her boiling cheek. She leaned into my touch, a sniffle escaping from her. Her usual bright blonde hair was pulled away from her face, her blue eyes looking wide and dull at the same time.

"I messed up so badly, Val, so bad," she said back in a broken voice, turning her face away from me. I watched her raise her trembling hands up to her face, wiping away the wet tears rolling down her face.

I frowned, pulling her face back to me again. "How? Did something happen to you?"

Melissa sniffed again and slowly nodded. I waited for her to elaborate, to give me something to go with but she didn't say anything. She pointed.

At her stomach.

"Stomach ache?" I asked her in a small voice even though we both knew that was not the problem.

She shook her head and glanced around before whispering the two dreaded words "I'm pregnant."

.

.

.

After managed to get her back in bed, I left Melissa to herself. I knew I could of done something to help my sister but I was freaked out myself. She had sex. She's pregnant now. She messed up pretty badly.

I went back go my morning run, attempting to regain some mental stability so I could overcome the initial shock from the news. I rounded a bend and spotted something out the ordinary.

I knew that car. Even if hundreds of replications stood beside the car, I could still stand up and point at this car. It was that distinct to me.

I stopped running and reduced my pace to a slower jog, keeping my eyes glued on the car.

It was parked at the wrong place at a wrong angle. I frowned, looking around go see if the designated driver was around. I stopped jogging and stood still, waiting and looking. He appear.

I was about to turn around and carry on with running when I spotted the towing machine from a short distance. And it was heading to the car.

I made a stupid decision in the spur of the moment and I ran to the car. I had no idea what I was going to do about the lock but I breathed out in relief when I spotted the key in the ignition. I climbed in the car, adrenaline racing through me. I turned the key around and the sound of the car coming alive purred in my ear. I adjusted the seat so I could reach the steering wheel and with one quick move, I raced out the place.

It felt like I was driving nothing, the car was that light. It zoomed past other drivers, obeying every order I pushed it for. I kept glancing at the speed it was going, each time edging closer past the speed limit.

I came home much more quicker than I anticipated. I parked it in front of the house, correctly and sat down.

My nose sniffed the chair, the distinct scent hitting my nose instant. A smile crept on my face as I buried my whole face in the seat, enjoying the smell. Some could argue I was a lunatic but it was merely an act of appreciating a wonderful scent.

I glanced at the backseat and spotted a leather jacket sprawled across the three seats. Since it was incredibly cold outside, I reached for it and pushed it through my arms.

It felt heavy on me but it felt perfect nonetheless. It covered all the way past my fingers, snuggling me in oh so well.

With one last sniff of the seat and the car, I stepped out. I had to admire the exterior once again, the dark colour of the car standing out brightly against my pale skin when I trailed my hand over the hood.

I couldn't help but think this car and I matched better than anything else. We were the perfect opposite.

.

.

.

My parents were out on a important conference meeting regarding their upcoming Charity Auction. Melissa was in her room sleeping but I could hear the occasionally sniffing. She told me she wanted to be alone after I checked up on her before and that was the only reason why I wasn't in there right now.

So it left no one but me to answer the door that had been knocked on for the past few minutes. I usually never went for the door or the house phone. It was too much of a hassle and annoying to greet people and make them feel welcome until one of my parents came to take over the job. Pushing myself out of bed and still wearing my running kit, I ambled down the stairs and walked to the front door. The person started to bang harder on the door, the door shaking at each hard impact. I frowned, wondering who was so eager to come in. I slit my eyes through the peephole, standing on my toes to get a good view.

"Open the fucking door your fucking bitch."

I reared my head back, taken aback by both the vile language and the voice that said it.

I blinked a few times, looking around my house and hoping Melissa would come out and tell me one of her friends were playing with me.

But one of her friends were not Shar. And the person banging on my door strangely had Shar's voice.

I peeped through the peephole again slowly.

"Open the fucking door!" The voice roared again and I let out small yelp, staggering backwards.

"Okay Val, inhale and exhale. In. Ex. In. Ex." I whispered to myself, trying to calm myself down to get the nerve to open the door.

Without a second delay, I snatched the door open and stared at a whacked Shar. He was standing with his fist raised, ready to pounce on the door again. And he had a murdered expression plastered on his face.

"You." He sneered, dropping his fist but keeping it clenched down his side.

"Me." I replied back stupidly.

He glared at me, looking more murderous than I thought could be possible.

"You." He said more slowly and much more scarier. I never felt like I pissed myself after that.

"Yes." I said, my voice coming out squeaky.

"Why the hell did you touch my car, never mind fucking drive it?"

Oh. Lordy.

He dropped his head closer so he was directly in my face, his breath which reaked of alcohol, hitting me right there.

"Why did you touch my car?" He repeated sounding more deadlier if that was even remotely possible.

I gulped down empty air. "It's just a car." I said which was by far the most idiotic thing to ever say then. I saw the fire burn in his hazel eyes, his lips pulled back into his mouth in a tight snarl.

"You have got to be shitting me."

I shook my head. "I'm not."

"Do you know what you just said?"

I nodded my head.

"You just-"

I bravely interjected him. "I know what you must be thinking right now but I did you a favour. They were about to tow away your car because you got yourself pathetically drunk to the point of parking your car in the middle of the road. I potentially saved someone's life because if you were behind that wheel whilst this shit-faced then you would've killed someone."

Shar glared at me. "I would've never killed someone."

"Says the guy ready to strangle me because I did him a favour."

"You did me no favour. Your fault I'm all busted up."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "I didn't ask you to fight for me."

"You didn't have to." He scoffed.

"You came out of nowhere. I don't even know you."

"Exactly. So you have no right to touch my car if you don't know me."

"It's just a freaking car!" I screeched at him. "Stop acting like a wuss who just had his heart broken."

Shar growled out one word. "One."

I ignored the count to whatever it was and carried on. "You can't drive. You will kill someone. Have you got so little appreciation for life?" I fished for the keys in my front pocket and pushed it into his hands.

"Two." He breathed out, clutching his keys like it was dear life itself.

"You can stop with the count down. It doesn't scare me."

Shar ignored me, taking a step back. He looked shaken up but it was probably the alcohol doing it's work.

"Two things. Close to home." He said. He stepped away, his whole body stiff and tight.

Some could argue that I should have stopped him. Stopped him from driving his mustang in case he was confronted with something horrific. But I watched. Too stunned to say anything and wondering what he meant by the two things that hit close to home.

/////

Hola peeps! I'm still on holiday but I managed to find some wifi connection to update quickly. But I'm using my phone to do everything; to write and to update. Which, considering I'm so used to typing on the laptop, is so hard. Spellcheck on iPhone for one, is stupidly stupid. So I was struggling to do this. PLUS. I don't have my LL playlist so it was hard to write in the mood I wanted LL to progress into. I'm sorry I don't have this chapter dedicated to anyone that made a cover for it! I don't have the laptop which had all the pictures saved on and I don't know how to dedicate and add stuff using the app. I can't even do those fancy things I do with the chapter so this looks really bland gah!!

Btw, if you guys ever go jet skiing don't wear glasses. I stupidly did and got in an accident and I lost my glasses. I'm still crying.

I'm mostly on ask so you can holla over there. Ask.fm/xPureChances

But still...

Next in line:

Jeans Jacket: 00:10

Laters!

-n

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

67.9K 212 22
fetish ဖြစ်တာတွေ ချက်ဖြစ်ခဲ့တဲ့ roleplay တွေ တကယ်ဖြစ်ဖူးခဲ့တာလေးတွေ တချို့က ကိ စိတ်ကူးယဉ်တာဖြစ်သလို တချို့က ကိ တကယ်လုပ်ချင်တာ တချို့က ကိဖြစ်ခဲ့တာလ...
Agape. Af ×

Fan Fiktion

63.4K 2.7K 10
"There are three kinds of secrets: 1. Something that you hide at the bottom of your heart because you don't want it to be mentioned. 2. Something tha...
21.4M 612K 59
Was published, but is now off the market--I'm sorry! Brianne is the opposite of her best friend, Kyla. Kyla is open-minded; Brianne is closed off, j...
6.1M 245K 82
A short story of an abandoned bathroom stall door giving desperate, heartbroken girls relationship advice, hot guys incorrectly trying to woo hearts...