00:07

.

Valerie

.

It wasn't until I accidentally brushed my tongue against his lips that he began to kiss me back.

His hands were suddenly on each side of my face, pulling me in closer, deepening the kiss. I sighed against his lips, his full contact surging me in. My legs felt like jelly under me and I quickly grasped the sides of his leather jacket, holding myself up.

I couldn't exactly describe what I was feeling. But it was good. Very good.

Shar pulled back quicker than I anticipated and I nearly lost my footing. "Steady on." Shar whispered in his low, husky voice and an involuntary shiver coursed right through my body.

What exactly is happening to me?

I lifted up my head and caught his hazel eyes under the barely there light. They were filled with subdued anger, and other raw emotions I couldn't put my finger on. His hands were still on each side of my face, the warm of his skin latching onto mine.

"You can't go." I managed to whisper back at him.

Shar shook his head slightly at me. "Look after family. That's what I do babe."

I held his gaze, wondering how such a magnificent man was still around. And how lucky I was, to have come across someone like Shar. Someone that would drop anything and everything, no matter the time, for somebody who he considered family. What would he do for someone who was actually family?

Lately, I've been surrounded by people who I lpresumed would take a bullet for me, would make sure I would be shadowed from all the horrific sides of life. Was it a slap back to reality, having those people be the ones to show you the horrific side.

"You shouldn't go still. Your Mom-"

Shar dipped his head lower so his face was directly in front of mine. I was suddenly overwhelmed by the intensity in his eyes, the combination of fire and everything raw.

"I'm going to my girl, whether Ma wants it or not." Shar said as a final. "Now go inside and keep an eye on her whilst I sort all of this out."

He slowly pulled back, dropping his hands to the side. He held my eyes for a few seconds before he reached for his side pockets and pulled out his phone.

I saw the instant change overtake his face and I almost cowered away at the hard, scary look. "You better have a good explanation why I'm wasting time calling me."

Shar reached to the side, past me and opened the door to his car. I didn't know what to do so I quickly rounded the front of the car and jumped inside the passenger seat. I was partly buckled in before Shar started the car and roared out into the street.

"Where are you?"

Shar went quiet and waited for the reply over the phone.

"What the fuck do you mean you didn't know?"

"-you're the one, you sick bastard, you're the one for her yet you treat her like this?"

"You know where the fuck you need to be." Was the last thing Shar growled over the phone before he hung up and tossed the phone onto my lap.

I stared down at the device, silently telling it that I was sorry Shar was taking his anger out on it.

"I don't even want to ask why you're in the car." Shar said, and I could detect a slight smile in his voice. But of course he wouldn't be smiling; he looked ready to fight in a war.