00:02

//Dedicated to Tasneem for the lovely cover on the side!//

.

Valerie

.

I clutched my legs together tightly, my hands clasping in a tight fist on my lap. I was seated so I was partly off the chair and pressed against the window. I made sure I knew where the latch was in case I had to make an abrupt exit.

The guy was driving at a fast spped, cutting corners far too quickly and totally unaware of the cut on his lips and the dark blood sputtering out. I dared the occasional glimpses and saw the same, stoic yet deadly expression on his face. He looked furious and I had a slight feeling that he was more angry at me than those youths that ganged up on him.

"You're bleeding," my voice came out small and shaky. I cursed myself for giving him the impression that I was small and weak. The guy glanced at me before reaching to his side and pulling out a set of dark shades. He popped it on the bridge of his nose and pushed it up.

"Minor," he replied back, his voice deep and husky. I nodded at him and kept my face straight, looking ahead of us. I wondered where he was taking me and I also questioned myself if I should give him directions to my house.

"I'll be fine here." I told him, pointing at the empty McDonald's. I saw some workers cleaning and I'm sure one of them could lend me a phone so I could call Melissa and ask her to pick me up.

The guy pulled up to the side and cut the engine. I turned the latch only to realise it was locked. My heart picked up its pace, fear consuming every fibre within me.

"Can you please let me go?" I asked, lowering my head and not meeting his eye. It was quiet for a second and I was planning on what to do. If he as much as moved I was going to scream and fight and bite him.

"Not until you tell me you're name." The guy spoke up. I snapped my head to him, my mouth dropping down.

"My name?" I repeated breathlessly.

The guy nodded, turning his upper torso so he was facing me. Even though his eyes were covered with black shades, I knew he was directly staring at me. I felt compelled to answer him even though warning sounds blared in my head.

"Valerie," I said slowly.

"What were you doing out there at that time?"

"Waiting for my boyfriend."

The guy cocked his eyebrow, "he didn't show up?"

I shrugged in reply, annoyed at Luca for not showing up. He had to come with a much better excuse today because I was seriously contemplating to give him a good one.

I heard the sudden click of the doors unlocking. "Get home safe." The guy said, leaning over and opening the door for me. His arm brushed my chest and I nearly fainted at the sensual feeling that coursed through me. But I pushed it aside, reminding myself that this guy was a complete stranger. I didn't wait a second longer as I shot out the car, stumbling slightly as I hit the pavement.

Before I closed the door, I leaned down and faced the guy. "What's your name?" I asked him, seeing no adamant reason why I did even ask him. I had no intentions of ever coming around this area nor ever seeing him again.

"Shar," he answered, his lips closed in a tight line.

I nodded slowly and took a step away from the door. Before I turned and started to walk away, I leaned in once again. "Thanks for coming-I mean saving me." I told him quickly, stuttering over the words. Shar dipped his chin at me and leaned out and grabbed the door latch. With one hard pull, he closed himself in.

I watched as his beautiful car purred through the quiet street, leaving smoke in its trail.

/////

NOT EDITED

I say this chapter wins the Best Worst Chapter Ever. And the shortest ever. Nothing else was working out for this part but I can honestly say the upcoming chapters are more exciting. I mean it's Shar ;)

NOTE: this won't be continued until Satin Shirts and Jeans Jacket are done. Or there might be very slow updates. I got plans to correlate this story with something else and in order to do that, I need to finish SS and JJ :) 

Also, I was thinking of doing a FAQ book since I've been getting a lot of similar questions regarding the Garments Series. If you guys think I should do it then just leave me a comment and I'll do it :)

And I was also thinking of putting what story and chapter, in the garment series, to read next so you won't get as confused. So..

N e x t      i n      l i n e:

S a t i n S h i r t s: 00:07

Laters!

-n