00:01

//Dedicated to Valerie for VVV//

.

Valerie

I glanced at my watch. Nearly an hour late.

Across the dark street, a group of sniggering teenagers sauntered over with their sly, their loud greed and troublesome persona glinting in their eyes. I knew I looked like a young girl, standing against the wall with an expensive looking coat and my beret snuggled close to my head and portraying a liability image. I could of had a sign on my head saying "Come and get me," and I knew all the dogs would come running, their tongues dangling out their mouths. 

As the group of teenagers came near, my heart started to speed up, pounding loudly within my chest. Anyone within hearing distance could hear it and I cowardly backed into the wall, the cold texture digging into my thin attire. 

Damn Luca for coming late. Damn him. I don't know why I let him push me around, why I allowed him to stomp all over me while I kept hushed into the corner. But it was expected me to be in a hush hush state. I was expected to be the perfect girlfriend with a glorious life, numerous fake bimbo friends and model parents. I had all but one of the above; a glorious life. I clearly had no life if I waited for a guy, who was running late - it was pushing an hour. 

I frowned as my jaded eyes stalked the rowdy youths. They lingered around for a few minutes, with their exaggerated giggles from the two girls and their, supposedly, new-found intrepid exposed to the whole world. I had that feeling they were going to do something, and since they were edging closer to me, I knew they were going to do it to me.

Any one could argue with me as to why I didn't just run or shout for help. Any of my parents and friends could argue what I was doing all alone in a ghetto area. But I was stupid, and pretty reckless inside. So I clenched my fist behind my back and kept up the fragile, vulnerable girl facade.

"Hey pretty girl, ya' waiting for a date?" The guy with a slurry accent shouted at me, his eyes sweeping down my body. He had his trousers pulled so low, it would take just a small tug for it to fall down. The bandana that was strapped around his head had a logo sprayed on. I knew my outfit wasn't helping my case but if these people thought they could put a finger on me, they had another thing coming.

I kept quiet, pretending that I didn't hear anything. I strained my head to look above their shoulders, scanning the empty street for an upcoming car, or an old lady with a stick. I could use an old lady with a stick right about now so I could smack all these filthy rats. But no old lady would be walking aimlessly around here unless she grew up in this segregated area along with these youths.

"Come on baby girl, whatcha got under'tha small dress," another guy stepped into my sight, licking his lips favourably. His eyes, also roamed over my body which prolonged on my breasts. I put my arms around my chest, hiding it from his vile eyes.

 The streetlights provided me with plenty of light so every culprit had a face to me. By the looks of it, there were at least seven of them. And only one of me. I had to do something quickly.  I slid my right foot slowly, my eyes stuck on the group in front of me. The girls seemed to have backdown, retreating behind a broody boy.  Two of them jumped to the right, blocking that path. They howled sending me a horrific wink. One boy jumped close to my left, his hands holding up his pants. 

"Yo, that's Luca's girl!" One of them suddenly shrieked and they all jumped back like I burned them. I glanced up and realised I was directly under a streetlight which gave the guys a clear view of my face.

"M-Melissa," another one stuttered as they all backed away. I didn't know whether to be annoyed or relieved that the fact that I was Luca's girlfriend saved my ass. What if I was a nobody? Would they have carried on? But that was the least of my worries at that time because my name isn't Melissa. Melissa was my sister. 

These people thought Melissa was Luca's girlfriend? A horrific thought crossed my mind but I swipped it away instantly, not allowing myself to believe the unbelievable. 

A shriek of tires came from the distance and I looked around until a black mustang GT came into view.  It drove straight towards the group and they scattered away quickly with a yelp. It stopped directly in front of me, the doors flying open.

My heart started to speed up again, making a racket once again. I straightened my spine, backing away again. This time, I should've ran. But I was stuck on my feet as the dark tinted window slowly rolled down.

Someone jumped out.

He had dark hair and was wearing shades to cover his eyes.

I didn't expect much to happen, maybe for this guy to scare of the youths and then I'd run for it. What I did not expect was for a group of men to come running from the left corner, howling, and jumping straight on the man. I gasped, a hand covering on my mouth instantly. 

A wild fight of limp hands, flying feet broke out and I watched in horror as the guy started disappearing into the middle of the group. But then bodies started to fall. And I meant that in a literal way. Until the last man standing was the guy, with bloody cheeks and bloody knuckles.

The driver's dark, hooded gaze penetrated through me, his dark eyes glinting in the dimly lit streetlight. His expression said it all, warning bells ringing in my head. Some could argue to run again. Some could scream at me with a 'what the hell are you doing?'. Yet with two imperious words from the guy, I got in the mustang without a second thought.

 /////

Not Edited.

Warning: This story is going to have some racist remarks. Please don't act like it's something new for anyone because racism is common and it's happening right now. I'm aware of it, heck I come from an African background. So please don't write comments that are offensive in a sense of brushing away racism because I will be ten times rude towards you. You are warned.

Guys, I'm not a rude person. Far from it haha. Hopefully I didn't scare some people.

If you are really good you can guess who the guy is. That is if you're reading Satin Shirts and Jeans Jacket.

If you have any questions just ask!

laters!

-n