00:03

.

Shar

.

I never knew why people turned to alcohol.

But now I knew. They wanted to forget. For one second, to forget what was going on in their lives and indulge in the falsehood they surrounded theirselves with.

I was doing everything in my power to forget and live a false life. Because that's the only thing I got left.

.

Valerie

.

I threw my hoodie over my head, reaching for my iPod over my bed desk afterwards. I glanced at the time on my bedroom wall and say I just made it in time for my morning run.

Smiling to myself, I walked out my room. Only to bump into my sister.

The stench was so strong I nearly tripped backwards and clasped both my nostrils together.

"Melissa?" I exclaimed, looking at her from under my nose. She looked dead beat which was something completely out of the unordinary. Her eyes were bloodshot red, a few unshed tears at bay. She looked hollow and nearly sucked out of life.

My smile immediately dropped, worry coursing through me.

"Melissa?" I whispered at her, putting a hand over her boiling cheek. She leaned into my touch, a sniffle escaping from her. Her usual bright blonde hair was pulled away from her face, her blue eyes looking wide and dull at the same time.

"I messed up so badly, Val, so bad," she said back in a broken voice, turning her face away from me. I watched her raise her trembling hands up to her face, wiping away the wet tears rolling down her face.

I frowned, pulling her face back to me again. "How? Did something happen to you?"

Melissa sniffed again and slowly nodded. I waited for her to elaborate, to give me something to go with but she didn't say anything. She pointed.

At her stomach.

"Stomach ache?" I asked her in a small voice even though we both knew that was not the problem.

She shook her head and glanced around before whispering the two dreaded words "I'm pregnant."

.

.

.

After managed to get her back in bed, I left Melissa to herself. I knew I could of done something to help my sister but I was freaked out myself. She had sex. She's pregnant now. She messed up pretty badly.

I went back go my morning run, attempting to regain some mental stability so I could overcome the initial shock from the news. I rounded a bend and spotted something out the ordinary.

I knew that car. Even if hundreds of replications stood beside the car, I could still stand up and point at this car. It was that distinct to me.

I stopped running and reduced my pace to a slower jog, keeping my eyes glued on the car.

It was parked at the wrong place at a wrong angle. I frowned, looking around go see if the designated driver was around. I stopped jogging and stood still, waiting and looking. He appear.

I was about to turn around and carry on with running when I spotted the towing machine from a short distance. And it was heading to the car.

I made a stupid decision in the spur of the moment and I ran to the car. I had no idea what I was going to do about the lock but I breathed out in relief when I spotted the key in the ignition. I climbed in the car, adrenaline racing through me. I turned the key around and the sound of the car coming alive purred in my ear. I adjusted the seat so I could reach the steering wheel and with one quick move, I raced out the place.