Reconditioned...

By NansiLondon

Women have balls too; at least that was the creed Kristen Hilton lived by. It was the mantra for the Mistress... More

Prologue
1 - Koketka Purrs
2 - Talk Dirty
3 - Vent...
4 - Disconnected
5 - Business vs Pleasure
6- Visitations
7- Member or Murder?
8 - Contradictions & Dialogues
9-Make You Feel Better Koketka
10 - Hold Me...Protect Me...
11- Now...
12 - For Love...
13 - Control &Power
14 - Say Something
15 - Missed Call
16 - Reconnected
17 - Blank Reality
18 - The 'Hangover' Affect
19- The Faults That Binds Us
20 - Coming Home
21 - In The Dark Of Night
22 - Fallen Empire
23 - Letters of Atonement
24 - The Fear Of It All
25 - The Reset Button
26 - Critcal
27 - Hit By A Bus
28 - Bez Imeni & Mogila
29 - Deadliest Catch
31 - Nothing, Anything & Everything

30 - Honor & War (Besa)

1.6K 100 25
By NansiLondon

She knew this place...

She knew the little hands that she was staring at that held two dollar bills...

The little pink dress; oh too familiar...

The room she stood in; the party store, filled with variant decorations in so many colors.

The streamers, banners and...the balloons...

Pop corn and cotton candy machines; bubble machines and inflatable cartoon characters...

This was a memory-no, a dream; one that she had not experienced in so many months, but here she was in her little body again, about to turn around to see the smiling clerk...

He was certainly there and greeting her with lovely complements of her beautiful dress.

This time though, Kris didn't twirl for him; she couldn't even give him a smile. None like the other times she had had this dream, she was actually aware of what was happening and she knew what was about to happen. Kris pulled the door open and bolted out onto the pavement just in time to watch her mother step closer to the edge of the road. She looked down the street and saw the delivery truck making its turn in her direction, but Kris was not going to let it happen again.

"Mommy!" She yelled as she ran out to stop her and her mother's head whipped around in shock. She couldn't believe that Kris had come out already and had found her about to do the unthinkable.

"Kris..." She whispered and winced as the truck sped by and stirred the tail ends of her skirts with wind.

She had done it.

For once, Kris had finally stopped the horror from reoccurring and saved her mother.

"Don't...don't do it...please." Her little voice pled as she sobbed. She ran into her mother and buried her face into her dress as she wept.

"Don't leave me..." her little voice cried.

She felt her mother's quaking arms encircle her and she stooped down to hold her. This felt so right. This was how her embrace always felt; how her hair always smelled as it ebbed and tickled across her face and the warmth only her body could give Kris. She missed this and could feel the tears on her cheeks because although this was all she ever wanted, Kris knew it was not real.

Her mother sat on the pavement and swallowed Kris up in her arms as she too lamented.

"I'm so sorry baby...so sorry. I failed you didn't I?" She cried as the little body she held sobbed hard in her embrace. She kissed her head and petted her hair as her own tears dripped on her daughter's face.

"You've never failed me mom. Even now...I can still feel your love..."

The voice was not of a little child but Kris' as an adult. She opened her eyes and found herself in her mother's arms; grown as she was now. When she looked up, she gasped as her mother's smile filled with a joy that she had missed witnessing.

"But I'm not here aren't I? I left my baby girl with so much grief..." Her mother whispered.
"It hurt for awhile mom...a very long time, but now...now I'm happy. I truly forgive you."

Katherine lowered her head and sighed as if the weight of the world had left her shoulders.

"I'm so happy to hear that. It doesn't hurt anymore..." She smiled with teary eyes.

Kris caressed her mother's cheeks and she could swear that it was real. She felt tangible even for a dream. She never wanted to wake and leave this...

"But you have to. This isn't where your happiness lies...its out there." Her mother said in regards to Kris' inner thoughts.

"I'm afraid to leave you again." Kris cried.

"I'm always with you baby; but there's something more important for you to do." Her mother said as she helped her sit up.

Kris frowned in confusion. There was true contentment there in her eyes but it was morphing to something more concerned. What had changed her mother's mood so swiftly? Even as Kris pondered it, she couldn't help the awe she felt as the rays of the balmy sun lit golden flakes in her hair to a beautiful halo. Katherine clasped Kris' face between her palms and again it startled Kris how corporeal it felt. Did this dream really have to end? Maybe she could stay. Her mother was here...

"You have to wake up." Horror filled first Katherine's voice and Kris watched it well to her eyes.

The moment her words had been spoken, lightening lit up the suddenly densely clouded heavens and thunder exploded above them with a mighty bellow. Rain crashed down; fat merciless drops smacking hard against her skin. Her mother was drenched and suddenly shaking Kris to get her attention.

"Kris!" She yelled over the uproar above their heads.

But it was so hard for Kris to focus when suddenly the rain was filling her lungs and she was choking. Water bubbled up and out of her mouth and her mother watched with palpable horror. Kris fell into her lap as she flailed and tried to breathe pass the water that gargled out of her mouth. Katherine fell over; her drench hair curtaining them as her voice fought to be heard over the noise that would surely make Kris ears bleed.

"Wake up baby! I won't leave you, but you have to wake up! Kris! Wake! Up!"

Kris' eyes shot open to the sight of water all around her and her body convulsing to fight the water that was flooding her lungs. Her bare feet kicked against the floor; they were not submerged as her upper body but her hands were tightly fettered together. She could feel the hand fisted in her hair and pushing her deeper into the water.

Just when she felt like she was about to black out, the hand yanked her head up by the strands of her hair and she was free to gasp and cough for air.

When had she blacked out?

Last Kris recalled was being tied up in a very humiliating position with her head pressed to the floor. She remembered Fairchild taking out his elation to see her with the cruel strike of his cane and...oh...yeah...

That sucker knocked her out.

"Oh! She's up! Nice nap darling?"

Kris rolled her eyes to the man who was still keeping her head inclined at a strained angle and her jaw clenched tightly between his fingers. She recognized him as one the men that had abducted her from the hotel, but he was not the one that had spoken. It was hard to forget the cocky fucker's voice but it was Kris' life mission to rip the fucker's voice box out before the night was over.

Her captor pulled her up and her legs were not ready for the swift yank but flinching in pain of her hair popping from its roots, she got them beneath her before he could give her crop circles where the hair use to be. It was a bit of a challenge getting her vision to focus and stop sliding into doubles but she blinked until it began to clear up. She was turned around to face Fairchild, who had been patiently sitting in a metal fold-up chair with his hands folded on his cane.

Yeah, that face hadn't gotten any less revolting since she'd been out, but the grin was still intact and getting more sure of itself. Honestly, the glee Fairchild was experiencing was reserved for little kids catching Santa putting a new bike under the tree. It was like he had finally gotten the one thing he had fought for all his life and nothing was going to stop him from indulging in all its splendor. More credit than Kris deserved but nothing she could say would ruin that for him.

Fairchild stood with a grunt and simpered as he hobbled closer and the man behind her kicked her legs out from beneath her. She landed firmly on her knees but years of karate had buffered the fall for her; her body knew how to take a beaten so if Fairchild felt as if he was doing his worse he was wrong.

Her head was yanked back at a ninety degree and her vision blurred for a moment until it cleared to find him now standing over her. He was enjoying looking down at her as if she was completely beneath him. When had this man lost what made him human? How much had it taken for it to escape his mental? Was it even ever there to begin with and if it was, what had taken it?

Kris could see in his eyes that there was nothing inside him that she could plead with even if it led to her having to do so. The eyes above her only conveyed two things; he would ring every shriek of agony from her body and it will end with a painful death that he would make her welcome with open arms.

At least...

That's how her mind saw it if this plan was going to fail...but it wasn't. She might lose a part of her that made her human as well when this was all over and yeah, Fairchild might win a portion of this battle but not the fucking war. Kris just had to do whatever it took until her lover found her.

Viktor was coming. Her body was already humming as if it could feel him getting closer to her. She would not fail him. Her life was not for Fairchild to take but the other way around. The thought had made a wicked grin lift the corners of her mouth and she groaned in anticipation. Of course, she wasn't even aware of it but Donovan was.

He poked her in the chest with the rubber bottom of his cane and she jolted when his assistant yanked her head to shake her back into what they assumed was submission. Not even close. Kris was never going to submit to this bitch ass twerp.

"You find something amusing bitch?" Fairchild asked with a lilt to his voice that didn't sound halfway as pissed as his eyes showed.

"Yeah..." She wheezed; her voice hoarse and close to sounding sultry rather than pained.

It affected him in a way and she could tell which way that was because Fairchild shifted the semi hardness in his trousers. Hopefully he didn't blow his load in her face from this angle; it would be hard to get that sensation off of her skin.

"Share the joke; I love a good laugh." He coaxed her; rotating his free hand in a gesture to carry on.

"Just that this fucked up version of your face is an improvement..."

The tic that set in beneath his left eye was a clear sign that her words had hit a nerve. Good. She was going to make him prolong the possibly inevitable as long as she could, but Kris knew she was not going to enjoy one minute of it.

Fairchild's eyes bore into hers but she met his glare with a bemused one of her own. While he was distracted with his thoughts, Kris was working on the knots of the rope that held her hands behind her back. They were a joke compared to the ones she knew how to make; very sloppy at that. She continued with it even when Fairchild exploded with laughter and slammed his cane repeatedly into the concrete beneath her.

Snapping his fingers and still not over the joke, he turned and said, "Drag this bitch to the bed; let me show her what 'fucked up' looks like."

By her hair...did it have to be by her fucking hair? This guy was going to be a fun kill as well.

Kris gritted her teeth and breathed through the pain of her body being scraped along the hard cold floor by means of her tresses. She could hear Fairchild still chuckling and just beneath all of that, the sound of a belt buckle.

No. Kris was not about to get fucked by this douche bag!

She slipped her thump out of a loop and was a little closer to being freed. She had to stop though because she was picked up and tossed onto her stomach onto a hard spring mattress. The landing nearly winded her but she squirmed to get to her side. The heavy weight of Fairchild dumping himself on to her back to finally straddle her facing the opposite direction foiled that plan.

Kris bucked under him but the sucker enjoyed it. He wanted her to struggle. He loved that she was fighting aimlessly to get him off of her but would fail. Kris knew she could uproot the fucker but the role she was still playing was necessary. The more 'fun' Fairchild got from her misery, the more time she gave Viktor and the others. It was going to cost her something she wasn't confident she could pay but for this to all be over, she would do what it took and hope that it was not her mind that was broken in the end.

"You and this fucking smart ass mouth of yours; always enough to get me hard. Keep it up Kristen; I want you to struggle." A hand came down over her buttocks so hard that she couldn't control the yelp that escaped. Another and another and he was not letting up. Her hips were going to be so rosy when he was done. She breathed through it as best as she could and focused on the next knot.

"I want you to feel disgusted when I shove my cock up your ass."

Yeah. No. Not happening. Kris yelled when she felt his nails digging into her flesh and then another hard spank for the freak's pleasure. She was going to break every last one of his fucking fingers, then that god damn voice box was getting yanked the fuck out like the other son of a bitch.

Fairchild turned around to face her; spinning his heavy mass onto her back then down her legs. He sat back on her thighs and pulled at her panties. Kris couldn't help the struggle her body went into. She knew what he was going to do to her on the filthy mattress beneath her and that was what had her determination crumbling and panic rocking her body.

"I've been meaning to do this from our very first meeting Ms. Hilton. Fuck my cock was hard that night..."

Kris heard a click behind her and she knew it was a knife. Fairchild pulled her panties so far up her ass crack that she now knew what Victoria's Secret was. Kris went still when she felt the tip of it sliding along her bare hips and shivered when the cold steel went to the base of her spine.

"I love this..." He murmured as if he was an enraptured lover; sliding his hand over the tattoo on her back.

"I think I'll make it a keepsake; something to remember you buy when you're gone Kristen. Don't worry; I'll be very careful to remove it without destroying the portrait. But first..."

The sound of cloth coming undone and the jolt of her body when the knife cut through her panties was enough to stop the blood in her veins.

Come on Viktor!

Kris tightened her thighs as she practiced her mental telepathy and gave Fairchild a struggle to remove what was left of her underwear. She had to get her hands free and it was almost done. He was so caught up in his version of fun that he completely missed what she had been doing to the ropes. Just one more knot and it would be free, though she wasn't secured with idea that she would be able to use them in time. They were nearly numb but thanks to her fingers' movement, they weren't too bad.

"Time to see what your lover enjoys so much about this body..." Fairchild's voice was a grimy thing that slithered into her body unwillingly and defiled her to the point of wanting to vomit; she could only imagine what the physical aspect of it would be like.

Just as he gripped her ass to pry her cheeks apart, the last knot came loose and Kris wasted no time with acting. Getting her hands beneath her, she pushed up, pulled a leg up and kicked him hard in the chest. There wasn't enough room to give her the force she needed behind it, so instead of sending his ass toppling off the bed, she only pushed him back enough to work her way onto her back. Fairchild was enraged as he pounced on her but every blow he tried to land was either dodged or blocked. His blade sliced into her forearm but she couldn't feel it; just the scolding droplets of her blood on her skin.

Kris locked her grip on his wrist and twisted at an angle till he cried out and dropped the knife and a lovely crackle of bones giving way to the pressure of an abnormal angle. She loved the sound of his screams but she'd have to enjoy it in her memory later...if there was a later. There was a scramble for the blade that nipped at her chest and came too close to her throat, but she got to it first and jabbed the fucker into Fairchild's left shoulder. She was really hoping to make his jugular explode like the 4th of July but baby steps...

Again, the way he squealed was like a breath of fresh air to Kris, but it was short lived. After all, they were not alone in the room. As he flailed backwards, Kris held onto the blade but the hilt slipped from her grasp and stayed in his shoulder. The other men fell upon her quickly but she was already rolling to her feet, albeit very dizzy. Thank goodness for adrenaline and the will to live; otherwise she would not be able to move.

"Don't you fucking kill her! I'll do it myself! Fucking bitch!!!" Fairchild was clearly not happy with her present.

Her hands came up just in time to block a fist from the one that had given her the damn concussion. She stepped back from his longer reach as he went for another knockout blow. The other was coming around the bed just as she flipped to the other side, kicked Fairchild to the face and moved to the center of the room. She needed more room to maneuver and though they weren't that savvy with hand to hand combat, she was not about to back herself into a corner. Kris watched them come for her and she used the momentum of the other man to grab his collars and flip him up and over her head with a throw, her back only touched the floor for a moment and the next she was straddling the inky haired man's torso. Two swift jabs to his face and his nose exploded red just in time for her to grab the other's leg as he kicked out at her. She rolled to the side and locked his leg in a grip that was unnatural to its usual functional angles. With a growl, perched on his back, she bent and twisted till the ankle was a floppy and disfigured. As he wailed aloud with pain, Kris dropped the leg, spun around and grabbed two fistfuls of his hair, lifted his head back and slammed his face repeatedly into the concrete floor tell he was nice and quiet.

A thick meaty arm came about her neck and dragged her backwards as she gagged from the lack of air. Mr. Busted Nose had recovered faster than she'd hoped and he was about to put her ass to sleep if she didn't move quickly. In their struggling, he'd turned her enough to face the filthy mattress. Kris had one chance at this and if she fucked it up it was lights out. He tightened his grip and she planted her feet to make sure she was in the right position. With a leap, her feet landed on the mattress and she sprung her knees out with a force that sent him falling backwards. The sound of his skull cracking against the floor was music to her ears. His grip became loose and a pool of blood seeped from beneath him.

There was just one more problem. She turned in time to watch a steel chair swinging downward and catching the side of her head. Though her arm had come up, it had jarred Kris enough to send her sprawling to the floor. She squirmed onto her stomach but the crack of the chair against her back made her cry out and hit the floor. He growled from the pain of his shoulder being swung vigorously but Fairchild was relentless in his attempts to keep her down. Kris wheezed out air when the edge of the chair landed in her gut. Something had to be broken. She couldn't move. All she could do was lay there and wait for the finishing blow.

But the blow never came. The door slammed against the wall as men piled in with guns cocked. For a moment, she hoped it was her cavalry but it wasn't. It wasn't even Fairchild's men. No the man that came in was Santino, Castello's right hand man. Kris closed her eyes as she tried to breathe the pain away and coax her mind to turn off all sensory shit immediately. If only it were that easy...

"What the fuck is this Donny?" Santino's supposed exclamation was said with such calm that Kris had to open her eyes to see if it had taken affect. Yep, Donavan was frozen still with chair slipping from his grip. It clattered to the floor as Kris shifted her body to curl into herself. Damn if it wasn't broken, he'd sure as hell bruised her ribs.

"What're you doing here Santino?" He could play tough all he wanted but hearing the tune of his voice recede with his balls was enough for Kris to know that he was afraid of Castello's boy.

She coughed but bit back the groan due to the explosion of pain from her side. As she shifted to her stomach, Santino came further into the room and stopped about two feet from her head. Hopefully he wasn't a hair handler like the previous dude.

"You don't get to ask the questions, but I am going to grant you one last chance to answer." The threat was a good one; Kris was impressed. It wasn't so much what he'd said but how he'd said it. The man's voice sounded as void as an empty well but it was the look in his eyes that got the point across immediately. Fairchild's mouth was popping open then close with little cracking noises but no words were coming out. Kris grinned as she peered up at him through her hair. Slowly she was making preparation to get to her knees. It was not that she minded much that her ass and cooter were on display for the many men that were present, she just needed to work through the pain better and she wasn't getting that laying there. Not to mention that she had something else up her sleeves that she had to take care of. If Fairchild thought he hated her now...

"Cough...it up." Santino prodded; beckoning the words with his fingers.

Kris had just managed to push up and get her knees beneath her but she had to wait a minute to make another move. Catching her breath was near damn impossible. Maybe it was a fracture then?

"Well, I caught her, just like I said I would..."
"Really? I noticed, but what I also noticed is that she is still alive...why?" Santino asked as Kris sat back on her knees and attempted to straighten up.

Santino glanced down to watch her sweep her hair back and behind her. It tumbled forward to frame her face and though it was bruised and swollen, she was still gorgeous.

"She won't be for much longer; I'll take care of it." Donovan inserted through Santino's thoughts.

Rolling hazel eyes towards Fairchild, Santino adjusted his tie and knitted his brows as he mulled over Fairchild's response. It was obvious that whatever he was about to say would not be something Donovan would like.

"So...you decided to prolong this with sick games then Donny? When my boss is still waiting for the call that your little mess has been cleaned up? Do you think Castello has time for your dick games?"

Kris watched him shuffle closer to the space that separated her from Donovan. She followed him with her eyes and waited till he was done emasculating the other man. The last thing she needed was to make him speed up the dying process. She was actually trying to avoid it at all cost.

"Come on man-"
"Where did you find her?" Santino interrupted.
"Uh, some motel." Donovan shrugged.
"Some motel huh? All by herself?"
"Yeah. I made sure of it before we made the pick up."

Santino glanced down at Kris who was also watching him. He knew he felt those piercing green eyes on him, but it was the way she watched him that confirmed his suspicion that something was up and Fairchild was clearly not aware of it. He approached her and the look in her eyes never changed; she was not afraid but appeared confident despite her current situation.

"I thought you said she was fucking the guy who did the hit on you..." Santino said; addressing Donovan but never looking away from Kris. The woman was practically naked yet she was not bothered by it one bit.

"Yeah but we were watching her messages on her phone and it appeared they broke up. She was running away from him, according to what we read."

"And that didn't seem off to you?" Santino asked, rolling his gaze up to him once more.
"Look, I waited till I was certain she was not only alone but he was also far away. We're good man..."

"Good huh?" Santino murmured as he looked back to Kris, who was still kneeling there as if she knew something they did not know. He had no doubt she did.

Santino stooped down till he was leveled with her; his men got closer just in case they had to step in.

"Wh-what are you d-" Donovan started as he shuffled closer; rag pressed to his shoulder.
"Shut the fuck up..." Santino interrupted calmly. Apparently he did most things with the same unbothered nonchalance.

He observed her for a moment; the way she was slightly tilted to her right as if she was experiencing pain to her left. Her spirals of natural curls falling thick and long around her, her parted lips confirming with soft labored breaths that she was indeed in pain, and those eyes, damn those eyes; Kristen Hilton was something he knew he would enjoy.

But he was not here for that. Santino was nothing like Fairchild; he got the job done with no hang ups, snags or distractions. Reaching behind him and into his waistband, he retrieved his gun and let it hang loosely between his legs. Her eyes shifted from it then back to him but still there was no change; she was not bothered. Santino scratched the side of his mouth and inclined his head just before he spoke.

"Ms. Hilton...you know this is nothing personal right?"
Kris smiled sardonically but said nothing.
"I mean it, its not; in fact if I had my way, I'd consider letting you go." He said as he gave her another once over. Blood was still drizzling from her forearm but it wasn't so bad, at least she was not concerned with it.

"But, that's not in my power. But before I end this, I would like for you to answer a few questions. Is that okay with you?" Under other circumstances, perhaps other topics, he would seem so pleasant. Psychos and Kris; they sure knew how to find her. With that thought she nodded once and waited for him to commence the inquisition.

"Did you do this to Donny and his boys?" he gestured to the two that laid unmoving on the concrete floor and of course the ever fucked up Donovan.
Kris only smiled as her answer.
"It appears that your strength was misjudged. Now, you didn't really break up with your boyfriend did you?"
"Come on Tino!" Fairchild exclaimed and was about to charge forward but was conveniently barred by Santino's men.

"Don't mind him; please answer." He smiled warmly.
A smirk was beginning to surface to her lips as she shook her head no.

Santino scoffed and his expression showed that he knew as much.

"Then that would leave me to assume that he knows exactly where you are right now, isn't that so?"
Kris took her time answering but eventually there was a silent nod.

The room was quieter than before and Fairchild was finally listening to what was going on. Santino was showing him that his plan of revenge had been flawed from the very beginning. He had fallen into another trap set by Hilton and her lover.

"One last question then Ms. Hilton, and its an obvious one, but Donny is slow and needs everything spelled out for him. Is he coming for you?"

Kris smile grew and Santino could hear the strains of her chuckle. He waited patiently for her to catch her breath but really he was enjoying the sight of her. Kris finally rolled her eyes up at him and this time her answer was a verbal one.

"They're already here..."

That sent Fairchild into a fairly childish frenzy and she would enjoy the memory later of witnessing him bitching out.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. That really sucks too..." Santino said just before he pressed the barrel of his gun to her forehead and stood up.

"Besa e shqiptarit si purteka e arit" The moment the words were out of her mouth, Santino's gun was gone and he took a step back as if she had spontaneously combust. Even his men took a step back and lowered their weapons. Fairchild was the only confused son of a bitch in the room.

The words she had spoken were her trump cards and Kris felt the power that came with them. Viktor had made her recite them over and over the night before she left him, even while they made love she had to moan the words for him because he needed to make sure she said them right.

"What does it even mean?" She asked; her hair splayed out over his chest and her right leg just the same over his.

"It means 'The Albanian's honor is worth more than gold.'. Sometimes just saying Besa is enough to remind the receiver. Its Albanian for 'pledge of honor' or a reminder to keep a promise. In this case, its Papa Luka's calling card. He gave Enrik and I his blessings so that if trouble arises we can use his power to avoid a war."

Kris rolled more onto him and rested her chin on the back of her hands, which were on his chest. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to digest all he had said.

"So, if get in a jam with Fairchild-"
"It probably won't work on him as he is not in the circle of associates of Papa but Castello is and his men would be aware of it. The last thing he would want is to start a war with Papa..."
"So I say these words and they would instantly back the fuck up off of me."

Viktor chuckled and tangled his fingers in her hair.

"Yes koketka. Immediately."
"Hmm...how come this Papa Luka has that kind of power? I mean what makes him so big and scary?"

Viktor's eyes became stony and cold; Kris shivered under their weight.

"Some answers are better left a mystery love."
"So...don't ask?"
"Precisely. Just try to memorize it the right way or you'll be killed on the spot for any error."
"No pressure at all babe..."

It had worked then. Just as Viktor had said it would, Papa Luka's calling card, Besa, had worked. It still baffled her that one man was this powerful but Kris was not about to analyze it when it had just saved her life.

"Now that, I did not see coming Ms. Hilton. Allow me to call my boss for confirmation." Santino said with the first hint of anxiety edging his tone.

"Wait-what the fuck is-"

"Shut...the fuck...up." Santino said distractedly to Fairchild as he pulled out his cell phone and speed dialed his boss.

When the call picked up, his words were no longer for them to understand. His accent had been practically non-existent before but now that every word was in Italian and foreign, it was thick and sultry despite the message being delivered.

Kris stared up at him as pulled he the phone a few inches from his ear and flinched to the exclamations of his boss. Yeah, Castello wouldn't be too happy learning that he was now on a different playing field; Papa Luka's field. She couldn't help but still be curious about the man who's power she was now using. What had he done to become so frightening that even without being present he scared bad guys like Santino and Castello shitless? Viktor had told her it was better that she didn't know so...maybe she clamp down on the curiosity for now. Sometime within her pondering, Santino had gone silent as if he was on hold. Maybe it was because Castello was checking in with Papa Luka to confirm her claim for Besa.

The Call

The sound of bones splintering would never cease to send shivers up his spine. It wasn't just that; it was also the soul ripping screeches from his victims that was just the cherry topping of it all. Though his hands were his victim strapped down by the wrist, Luka slowly took hold of it and looked into the weeping man's eyes. He withdrew his blade from the sheath at his back and smiled when the guy in the chair became crazed at the sight of it. Probably wasn't just the visible; he should be well aware of what was about to happen next. He took a draw from his cigar and wedged it between two fingers just before blowing the spice flavored smoke into his face.

"Please! Please Luka! Spear me!" the Albanian man cried to the next in their native tongue. Hopeless; why they all try to appeal to his better nature was beyond him. That was reserved for family only...

"Shh...I'm almost done; just stick to the script and scream."
"I'm sorry Papa! I'm sorry! " he begged ever the more and still no luck. All it earned him was a roll of his eyes as he popped his cigar back between his teeth. Luka held his hand still and pressed it into the wooden handle it was splayed upon.

"Keep still or I will cut off more than I intend to."

Yeah, that only made matters worse. Luka grinned as the man began to hyperventilate and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. He was out by the time the door to his workshop swung open and Gigi strolled in on five inch heels. Luka cursed under his breath as she approached with a cell phone and an unbothered expression. Long dark hair swept to the side, she shifted her gaze from Luka to the unconscious victim and then back.

"You have an important call from L.A; it's Castello."
"Ah, yes...was expecting that. Hand it over."
"Would you rather I put it on speaker; your hands are a bit...sticky."
"Nope. Hand it here." Luka replied as he stretched out his blood stained hand to receive the phone.

Gigi shook her head as she tapped the screen to take the call off hold and passed it to her boss.

"Keep it; I'll get another..." She murmured as she left the room.

Luka grinned at his own mischief. It was the fourth phone this week that he got his gore all over and Gigi would soon rip him another for it. Pressing the phone to his ear, he smirked at the oil slick-like texture of the blood soiling his face.

"Castello..."
"I hope I'm not interrupting you Luka, but it would appear that I have a situation on my hands that needs clarification."
"Speed it up; I was in the middle of something important."

The pause on the other end of the line told Luka that Castello didn't appreciate his impatience. Why it was so entertaining to him was just the little deviant in him. Castello was use to a high level of respect and never being rushed or questioned; but when the boss has to call his boss, he would have to stuff his face with a hefty serving of humble pie.

"Besa has been invoked but I'm a bit iffy if it qualifies."
"Really dragging your feet on getting to the point here..." Luka said sardonically whilst scratching the back of his neck with the dull edge of his knife.

"Kristen Hilton; did you give her your protection?" Castello gritted out.
"Finally, the point and yes I did." Luka answered with annoyance.

Castello was quiet again. Luka's victim was starting to groan, which meant at any moment he would be conscious again. Time to resume the fun.

"I presume your silence means we're done here?" He asked before the croaking sound of Castello's unformed words came from the other end.
"Papa Luka, this one will be a problem; Hilton is a liability and I need-"
"If I'm hearing correctly, it's safe to gather that you are inclined to go against my words Castello." Luka interrupted and the chill of the threat that lurked in the seemingly harmless comment was evident.

Luka had given Castello nearly free reign over the territory he now possessed and was gracious enough to grant him full protection when anyone had ever tried to challenge him. That was not a problem these days due to word getting out who his sponsor really was, but that meant that if at any time he needed to interrupt or intervene regardless the predicaments, Castello had to obey. Either that or he removed his protection and let all the hungry young wolves of Los Angelos devour up everything he worked for.

"It's...not really that; this woman has cost me a lot and can become a major problem for the business..." Castello reasoned but it was in vain.

Luka's gaze shifted to the tortured man strapped to his chair and decided to wrap up the call because he had work to resume.

"She's covered Castello; honor it or don't. Either way, my hands are already around your neck."
"What do you mean?" There was a lovely tinge of fear reeking from Castello's words that he was doing his damnedest to hide. Luka was a master at sniffing out fear; a lovely trait he passed onto his sons.

"Collectors are in your town; better yet, they're at your back door. Your next move determines theirs."

"Wait, you sent your boys? As in both of them? Why? You never told me anything!"
"You don't expect me to answer all of those questions do you?" Luka asked as he approached the man before him.

Immediately a chorus of whimpers and sobs poured out the miserable sap. Luka tilted the phone away from his mouth and slapped the right side of his temple; shushing him to keep it down as he was on a call.

"Luka, this is a breach and you know it." Castello accused,
"You would think that but it's perfectly in the parameters of our agreement. Don't fret sweetheart; I'm not trying to steal your tiara."
"But your people are on my turf!"

The line was immediately quiet after Castello's outburst and with good reason. Castello had a bit too much volume and aggression in his voice that was bond to upset Luka.

"I apologize for my outburst Luka. Its...its just..."
"Its just that you have only one thing to worry about and that's upsetting me. We're almost there Castello. Do as I say or I'll see you when you get escorted here."

The threat was not to be taken lightly. What Luka was essentially saying was that his Collectors would bring him to his little dungeon of screams and that would be the end of his career. So what choice did he have now? He had to let this one go and he had no idea how the mess would be cleaned up.

"Very well Luka, I'll honor the code, but I need to know that you will protect me as well. She won't go babbling to the wrong people about the business right?"

"Of course not. My boys will see to that, but you will have to drop your current business deal with Fairchild. If you don't I will take it as a sign of a broken treaty between the two of us. Understood?"

Of course Castello wanted to argue it. Of course he wanted to tell him how much he had invested in this deal and how he hoped they could work things out in another manner, but Castello wasn't stupid. It was a small lost considered to the potentially suicidal one Castello presented. Besides, he was in no hurry to see his boss against his will.

"Understood..."
"Good! Now, I have to get back to work; busy day in the office."
"Yes sir."

Haphazardly, Luka tossed the cell phone over his shoulder and smiled to the sound of it cracking against the floor. Gigi didn't need it anymore any way.

"Now, where were we?"
"Please Papa! I won't do it again!" Roman cried as he Luka approached.
"Oh I know; it's pretty difficult to get anything done when you're dead..." Luka chuckled.
"Have mercy-"
"Mercy? Did you have mercy on the little girl whose life you completely fucked up because your dick can't manage to stay in your pants?" Luka yelled as he snatched Roman's lower jaw.

He had no answer for that; in fact Luka could see it in Roman's eyes that he was finally accepting that there were no words and promises that can be given that would save his life tonight. No, Luka was going to end him for the one thing he was completely against.

"I gave you everything you needed Roman; treated you like you were my very own, clothed you, put a fucking beautiful roof over your head and money bursting out of your pockets. You could've had any woman you wanted...but never against her will and never a fucking child."

Roman's eyes fluttered shut as he wept pitiful tears. He regretted it now but in the moment, he couldn't find the remorse he needed to stop the terrible urge. He was a sick man and whatever help he could've gotten to stop himself was now null and void.

"The only mercy I can give you is by being the one that ends you. Better me than Enrik..."

A truly that was a mercy that Roman had to admit he didn't deserve.

***

"Any old scum could learn Papa's words of asylum and try to use it to get out of a jam, so it would have to be confirmed before they will let you free." Viktor said as he continued to lazily curl a lock of her hair around his index.

"What happens if Luka rejects the claim?" She's asked; brows meshed from concentrating on the intel she was processing. What Viktor was telling her might be the very act that saved her life.

"Then you meet the Collector."
"The who?"
"The Collector. Papa Luka usually dispatches him to pick up errand scums who use his blessings without sanction. The person would be erased from the system, trafficked to wherever Papa is located and...well, disappear."

"He...kills them?" Kris asked with awe. It wasn't that she was fascinated; she was simply loathing ever meeting someone this powerful.

"It depends on how he's feeling that day; either way, they're never heard from or seen again."
"And...so...he'll know if I use this code or blessing...whatever you want to call it..." Kris asked to be completely sure that she wasn't about to get wiped from existence.

"Of course. Enrik handled it days ago."
"So...who's The Collector...just in case I need to spot the guy before he snatches me up..."
"Its not just one person...Enrik's one...and so am I. There are others."

The look Kris gave him could not be more shocked, but he understood why. Her lover who was gentle and passionate towards her could become a terror for others.

"The rabbit hole is getting deeper and darker, isn't it koketka?" Viktor asked; eyes steely and unflinching.

Despite that, Kris could feel the tension building within him as silently awaited a response.

"I'm still not afraid..." She whispered and though it was in response to him, she felt as if it was more than that. She was speaking it more as an epiphany to herself; no matter what Viktor was or did, she loved him and could not fear him. The desire to delve deeper and completely submerge herself in his world was insatiable.

Castello call had finally concluded and Santino looked near exhausted from the ear full his boss had given him. Though Kris had zoned out for a moment, recollecting her conversation with Viktor, she couldn't miss the silence now that the buzzing ruckus wasn't coming from Tino's phone.

He turned his gaze towards Kris just as a smirk lifted the corners of her mouth. She looked pretty full of herself at the moment and she deserved to, because as Santino had come to find, she could not be touched anymore. What had happened before he'd gotten there was beyond his control, but if he left her there it would be a breach in the treaty and he was not curious enough to figure out what Papa Luka would do.

"Get Ms. Hilton a coat and let's be on our way boys..." Santino announced as he threaded his fingers through his hair.

"Like fuck you will! I don't know what the fuck is going on here Tino, but leaving with my bitch is out of the fucking question." Fairchild gritted as he pressed down on his bloodied shoulder; clearly she hadn't stabbed deep enough. What a disappointment.

Kris watched as one of Santino's boys took off his coat and came to drape it over her. There was no need for her to get between the two's conversation when she was already winning.

"Yes..." Santino started as he looked over Kris and then shifted his much colder gaze to Fairchild. "You clearly don't know what's going on here. Just know that it is now out of your hands and you will have to forget your chances at revenge."
"No fucking way! Do-fuck! Shit!" Fairchild exclaimed. He'd forgotten the hole in his arm when he'd decided to gesture his frustration with it. Kris' smirk grew just a bit more from watching him shut his eyes in pain.

Santino moved in closer and when he bent at the waist to help her up she didn't refuse it; her ribs were quite sore after Fairchild's go at them. She winced and gritted the pain away as his arm grasped her waist. Didn't he just feel comfortable there...

He was close enough for Kris to smell the musky yet mouth-watering hint of his cologne. Not bad; better than the shit Donny was wearing but if Santino knew what was good for him, it would be wise for him to not get any of it on her. There was no telling what Viktor's reaction would be to it. Kris knew her lover was going to be an untamed beast as he searched for her; considering that Castello had given them the break they needed, she didn't want to get Santino killed because Viktor was seeing only red.

"Listen! That bitch and her pussy ass boy-toy have fucked me over! Taken away everything I own! My home; gone! Look at my fucking face-"
"It's actually an improvement..." Santino interrupted smoothly.
"This isn't a fucking joke!" Fairchild howled.
"Lower...your voice."

Kris was impressed; Santino didn't have to use much volume to silence Donovan and just watching the fucker crumble like paper mache in the rain was simply amazing. Maybe if he had applied for a position as a Dom in her club she would've denied him right on the spot with no back ground check necessary; the guy would've snatch TTB right out of her hands and had her collared. Well, she wouldn't have gone down without a fight but she doubted it would do her much good.

It was comical to consider all the heated words being strung about around her and she was oblivious to it; too caught up in her smug little distracting thoughts. She took a step away from Santino and that little movement brought stillness to the room and all eyes on her. First of all, she was no damsel in distress, so she had to make Santino grasp that his physical protection was not needed. Secondly, she had no intentions of leaving this room.

"You can go now." She finally said; her voice strong enough to give the illusion that her body was not throbbing in pain.

"I was told to-"
"Uh huh...but no, I am not going with you." She interrupted his speech and clearly he didn't like it. That look may work on Donny and the other men present but Kris invented that shit so Santino could put it away now.

"Look Ms. Hilton, I can't guarantee your safety if I leave you here..."
"And I can't guarantee you will live if you stay here much longer. I'll be fine but if you and your men don't go, well...I can't save you." She shrugged and avoided wincing in pain.

Santino's men were becoming uneasy as time ticked by and with good reason. The storm that was nearly upon them was vicious enough to wipe them all away. Kris was certain of their safety if she could get them out now but once her lover and his crazy band of killers arrived, there would be no bias present. She would be the sole survivor.

A quizzical expression creased Santino's face as if he really had something to ask or was battling his curiosity on whether he should stick around or not.

"My boss informed me that the Collectors were coming for you; which one of them is your man?"

Kris grinned at his question and tugged the lapels of the coat close before buttoning it up. As she did so, her gaze slid to Fairchild and she chuckled at the pure hatred he pulsed in her direction. It couldn't touch her; it only fueled her desire to end him now.

"I'd tell you but then you'd have to die...all of you would really." She finally answered and just as she did, there was muffled boom erupting somewhere in the building.

Kris had no idea where it came from just as she had no idea where she was exactly but it was a bit deeper within the fortress and strong enough to shake the walls. Time was up and everyone in the room except for her, dreaded what was about to come. Guns were drawn and as all eyes shifted from the door, to Kris, Santino and Donovan in one frenzied cycle. None of the men wanted to be a casualty tonight when it there was a chance they could still live. Kris shook her head and whispered that it was too late now. Those words had Santino approaching her and handing Kris his phone. She stared up at him without moving to receive it.

"Call him off. We'll leave you here and be out of their way before they could get to this level. I'll even take Donny with me-"
"You're not fully grasping this situation like I hoped you would Santino..." She murmured and watched her voice affect him in so many ways. Ways in which he better pray Viktor never found out, but mostly there was confusion.

"I get that you want to stay here and wait-"
"Wrong again." She inserted just before another explosion made the walls shudder.
"We gatta get gone now! This place is gonna cave in on us!" Fairchild exclaimed as panic filled his eyes.

Finally...there was the fear she wanted to see.

"Help me understand what you want Ms. Hilton and be prompt about it. As you can hear, we're a bit in a hurry to get out of here before it's too late." Santino urged and even he was beginning to lose some of the nonchalance he normally wore.

"It's been too late for the pass twenty minutes; I bought you time and you wasted it. Calling him will not stop what is about to happen...trust me. Now, as for what I want."

Kris stepped around Santino and moved in the direction of Fairchild as she spoke.

"Everyone is free to go and save what few seconds could be left of their lives...everyone except you Donny. You and I are going to stay here and finish this."

"Fuck you!" Donovan spat but Kris was too delighted that she would be the one to take him out now.

"Ok."

Both Donovan and Kris turned their attentions to Santino as he pocketed his phone and pulled out his gun. He signaled his men and they gathered to exit the room.

"Wait! What the fuck are you doing?" Fairchild squealed; hobbling forward in pain.

"Giving everyone what they want..." He answered as he checked his clip.

"You can't just leave me here alone! Castillo and I are partners! What the fuck do you think he'll do to you once he finds out you left me here to die?"

Fairchild's questions were not affecting Santino's resolve one bit.

"By now I thought you understood that you are not and never will be partners with the boss; you were just a potential client Donny. Furthermore, that won't be possible now considering the death warrant on your head. You won't drop your grudge and you don't want me interfering with it so I will leave you here with Ms. Hilton to talk things through. Again, everyone gets what they want..."

Kris had to give it to the guy; he had a way with words and delivering irony.

The door ruptured open and all guns were trained at the swarm of suited men that came in yelling for their boss. They were Fairchild boys and they were the reason the scale had been tipped.

Upon their barging in, one of Santino's men found their finger was pressed too heavily on their trigger and he fired two rounds into the first intruder's chest. No one was watching where their bullets went as long as it was to the opposite side of the room. Kris watched Santino hit the floor and he never moved again. She was already on the floor when the first shout rung off and that's what had saved her from getting hit.

Blood pooled around Santino's head as his eyes stared blankly up at the ceiling. He was gone. Her ticket out of here alive was dead and as the roar of guns being fired came to a halt whilst she closed her eyes in disappointment. It wasn't just because Tino was dead, but because for the second time this night, the cold chill of steel was pressed to the back of her head.

"Get up bitch!" Fairchild whispered from above her and Kris felt her skin crawl with disgust.

"Boss, we gat to leave now! They're headed this way."
"I know that, and this is our bargaining chip. Tie her fucking hands." He grunted as Kris struggled to her feet and the very same rope she'd escaped retrieved and knotted around her wrists.

"All the cars in the lot are gone. We have to make our way out to the lake. The boat's fueled up and ready to go."

Kris hated this guy for being so good at his job; she wanted to gorge his eyes out just for Santino. She owed the guy as much.

"Let's go!" Fairchild yell as he shoved Kris forward and nudged her with his gun.

With no choice but to concede, she held her arms close to her side in pain as she trotted against her will down the hall. They got to a flight a stairs and descended to the next floor. There were more stairs so they had to be higher up than she had expected. A sharp shove to the right left her colliding with the wall and nearly toppling over, but one of her captors yanked her back onto her feet and pushed her forward. The group only halted as another explosion shook the building and showered dust and debris onto them. Kris covered her head but Fairchild's men didn't care to wait any longer. Grabbing her arm they pulled her into a run. There wasn't much she could take in about the hall except the thin red debris littered carpet and the freshly painted walls. Fairchild must've gotten the place as a new hide out and renovations were still in effect.

"Door to the left! Hurry!" Someone yelled over the clap of machine guns.

They were getting closer and gaining much ground. Viktor must've noticed from her tracker that she was moving and needed to get to her now. Kris only hoped that he was not rash in his actions.

They entered a room after turning left, that was completely void of furniture but had thick strips of plastic sprawled over the floor. Buckets of paint and used brushes were strewn about and there was a draft seeping in that meant something was open. From what Kris guessed to be the balcony was where the night's air crept in and where they would creep out. Once Fairchild's boys made sure the way was clear, the escape continued.

Her teeth were chattering behind her lips and her body was alive with pain. What made Kris panic most was the distance she was putting between herself and the men that came to rescue her. No one had calculated a boat being a part of their possible hiccups. Score for Fairchild for actually using his brain this time.

There were four flights of stairs that they clamored down and the moment they'd gotten to very last step, gun shots exploded from above them and echoed into the night. Fairchild's grip was suddenly around her waist and Kris couldn't breathe from the crushing of her bruised ribs as he pulled her hard against him. She'd become his breathlessly aching human shield as the two dark figures above her ducked back into the room from answer shots.

"Go! We'll hold 'em off!" Someone yelled and it was almost impossible to due to the ringing in her ears.

Dragged along and made to trample upon sharp rocks and twigs, Kris cried out into the dark brushes of foliage. A beaten path unfolded and parked to each side of it were four black Yamaha Grizzly ATVs. Kris was shoved into the back seat of one with Fairchild following. The driver was already turning the key when one of the ATVs pulled out onto the path and led the way. Brilliant LED lights lit up the woodsy path way as they sped towards the lake. Kris held on for dear life because at any minute it felt as if they would take a corner too hard and flip over.

Heat exploded behind her along with the last ATV in the caravan and she and the other occupants of her vehicle ducked instinctively. The driver struggled to get them back onto the path and accelerated the moment he accomplished it. Kris grabbed hold of the rail and pulled herself up only to be yanked to the next side of the seat by Fairchild. He was keeping her close and she only complied because of the gun nozzle digging into her side.

"Hold them off damn it!" The front passenger yelled into a radio and the sound of tires skidding to a stop behind them could be heard just over the rattles of machine guns. The sounds of a the battle was getting distant and suddenly the trees opened up to reveal the lake with a dock extended just over it and tied to that dock was a 31' Pursuit boat with twin F300 Yamaha outboard motors bolted to the transom.

They'd pulled the ATV right up to the dock and Fairchild's faithful two snatched her up and onto her feet. As they dragged her along, she fought back to escape but it was proving impossible when she could barely breath from her over worked ribs. Maybe they were broken after all...

"Get the fuck on the boat bitch!" Fairchild growled as he snatched Kris by the hair and threw her forward. Skin peeled back from her arms and knees as she coughed and wheezed for air. Shit, she just needed air. She had to slow her breathing, but why would they give her time to do that when their sure death was gaining ground?

Hands scooped her up and before she could brace, Kris was tossed onto the unforgiving floor of the boat. The engines roared to life just as an ATV pulled up and its occupants of two came dashing out. Another round of gun shots sung into the receding night and Kris was dragged by her bound hands across the floor. She cried out from the stretching of her ribs and nearly succumbed to her minds plea to black out but adrenaline was smacking the shit out of her and telling not a fucking chance. If she closed her eyes now, she might never wake again.

Suddenly the boat yanked forward as the driver pushed down the levers of the throttle; causing Donovan to lose his footing just long enough to let Kris go. Thankfully she did not hesitate. Forgetting the pain, she rolled over quickly and got to her knees. She had to get off the boat before they were too far gone from the dock. Kris pulled herself up with help from the railing and prepared to jump just as Fairchild's arm came about her shoulders. Not, willing to give in she pushed him back with the weight of her body and hit the driver from the console. The boat came to a quick stop once he was gone. The lanyard that kept the kill switch engaged was released due to the other end attached to the driver's wrist. His practice of safety was what saved her.

Kris turned on Fairchild just as he got his gun up but she was fast enough to get out of its way and knock it from his hand. Another was pressed to her forehead just as she had sunk her thumb into Donovan's ragged shoulder wound. It wasn't there for long. Cherry red exploded from his head and he crumbled to the deck. She looked back to shore and saw Viktor standing there with a sniper rifle aimed at where Fairchild lay over the instruments of the console.

In that moment of distraction, he grabbed Kris and pulled her in front of him. His fist connected with her ribs and she doubled over from breath taking blow. But Fairchild was not going to let her move to much now that she was his shield once again.

"Get up! Get up! Fucking whore! If I die you're fucking going with me!"

"Fine!" Kris gritted.

She'd had enough. Slamming the back of her head into his face, she spun on Donovan and with doubled fists, she hammered down on his up raised face till blood squirted from his nose. Somehow, just like the cockroach he was, he found more will to live. Fairchild tackled her with a growl and took Kris with him head over heels over the railing and into the freezing cold water of the lake. She hadn't missed the heart stopping howl of Viktor calling out her name before water engulfed all sound around her. She began to sink deeper into the murky waters which were only lit up from the under water running lights of the boat above them. She wanted to swim to the top, but then she saw him; clueless that she had ended up behind him, Fairchild strained his eyes to see if she had already sunk beneath him. Kris moved quickly.

With wrists bound, she kicked her legs and swam just a little above him; the weight of the coat making her work harder now that it was wet. She wrapped the rope around his neck just as she planted her feet onto his shoulders and pulled. Yes, they were sinking and yes she was running out of breath, but this was important. He had to die and it had t be a death she was sure of.

Kris closed her eyes and pulled with all her might. Fairchild was frantic but he was losing fight. She could only hope that he went first because she was losing fight too.

Images flashed before her eyes.

Her mom in that lovely pink dress...beckoning for her...

Viktor in the maze at Lilith's wedding...so handsome in his grey suit...

Gwen holding her at her mother's graveside...

"Kris..."

Neil, Fey and Pepper relaxing with her in her office...

"Not yet..."

Lilith's lovely baby bump...

"Kris..."

The Treasure Box...opening night...

Her dad eating ice cream with her...

Curled up in the arms of Viktor...him promising to protect her...Viktor...

"GET UP!"

Kris gagged on water that was filling her lungs...she was out of air. But there were arms around her chest and they were pulling her up. Her head tilted down and the sight of Fairchild's blank stares as he sunk into the deep were enough to satisfy her. So she closed her eyes and relaxed against the arms that held her close. They felt safe.

They felt familiar...and even in the chill of the water...they felt warm.

***

Viktor broke the surface with a huff and pulled his lover's limp body from the waters.

"Rik! Pull her up!" He yelled for his brother who should've been in the boat by now.

The moment he couldn't get a clear shot of Fairchild, they'd taken the ATVs for a rough ride over the shoreline until they were aligned with the boat. Then it was the swim that felt as if it took forever just to find her in the waters but when Viktor did, he was never more in awe of the woman he'd fallen in love with. Kris had been strangling the life out of a drowning Fairchild. Not willing to chance failing again, Viktor had plunged forward and stuck his knife right into his chest. That had helped stopped his struggling.

The mission was finally accomplished but hopefully not at the price of the woman he loved. Kris was his everything; to lose her now meant to follow her wherever death was trying to lead her. As he climbed the ladder and pulled himself into the boat, he willed her with his thoughts to stay.

Enrik had begun CPR and only moved over when Viktor came to continue it without missing a beat. He pumped her chest for the count of ten and then breathed air into her up-turned mouth. The process was repeated over and over and still she hadn't wakened up.

"I'll get us back to shore; Jeong-Hun is waiting." Enrik informed him as he went about his task.

Viktor couldn't really comprehend what his brother was saying when all he could hear were his frantic pleas for Kris to open her eyes. To just breathe...to not leave; he needed her.

"Come on baby....come on...where are you going?" He paused to feed her air again.

Still no pulse.

Viktor was losing it-no, he'd lost it. He started hammering her chest and demanding she breathe.

"You can't leave me...don't even try! Come back Kristen!" He yelled and slammed his fist over the spot her heart was.

Her body jolted as she choked up water and struggled for air. Viktor nearly keeled in that moment, but he would have to press pause on that gesture. Instead, he turned her to her side and watched water gargle up from her mouth. She coughed so hard but it was followed with a cry of pain. The way she favored her left side alerted Viktor that something was wrong with her ribs, so he gently pulled her up against him.

"I've got you baby...I'm here." He cooed as he held her quivering body against his.

"You found me..." She cried into his sodden shirt.

"Like you could ever hide from me." Viktor was so overjoyed to hear her voice he had no idea that the boat had stopped and Jeong was wrapping a blanket around them.

"I need to check her." Jeong-Hun said as he dropped his duffle bag beside the couple.

"Check her, but I can't let go..." Viktor said as he stroked Kris' hair from her face.

"Don't let go..." She whispered with a frail smile and heavy eyes.

"Never..." Viktor vowed and there was so much power behind that one word.

"I guess I'll make do then..." Jeong murmured as the couple become lost in each other's embrace.

A/N: I missed you all! SO sorry this took forever to post; work was a pain and i couldn't bear to touch another keyboard after. But here we are; with one more chapter to go and Reconditioned will be complete. Would love to know what you thought so far but mainly about this chapter. Was worried about choppy flow but i'll post anyway. hope you like! toodles!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.7K 46
Imagine being awakened in the night and blindfolded then tied to your bed. Your body being ravaged in the dark by unseen hands and lips. Having your...
320K 4.4K 17
**DO NOT READ IF UNDER 18** This story contains BDSM material! It's seriously Rated R for a Reason!!! CHAPTERS ONE AND SIX ARE PRIVATE- PLEASE FOLLOW...
257K 2.7K 36
"Lock the door" He demands. "Don't want anyone walking in on us?" I tease. He chuckles. "Yeah... Something like that" ...
14.6M 371K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...