Be Your Hero - Barry Allen/Th...

By RogersSkywalkerR5er

Book (1) Ella Peters is just a regular girl. She has always dreamed of becoming a reporter. When she was a ki... More

Going Home
Welcome Home
Meeting Him Again
Walk and Talk
The Favor
Bad Relations
First Encounter
News
I Dont Know You Anymore
Christmas Feeling
The Kiss
Talking
Confessions
Secret
I've Been Tagged!
Meeting The Team.
I Am Heart Broken!
Changes
Second Chances
Messed Up
Opening Up
Things Just Got Complicated.
Heart Ache
Break
Last Kiss
Temporary Valentine
Confessions
The Decision
Last Goodbye
One Chance
Secrets
Truth and Pain
Preparations
So Long Central City
Flash Day
Scars
Welcome Home!
Two Flashes?
I Want You Back
Apologies
Return
Moving On
Just A Few Questions
The Date
Friends?
Fallen Hero
IMPORTANT!! AN!!
Steps To Recovery
Beleive In Yourself
Christmas Blues
Failure and Regrets
Earth 2 Part 1
Earth 2 Part 2
Escape From Earth 2
Weight of Worlds
Who Is Zoom
Flashing Back
Working With The Enemy
Trap
The Bargain
Normal
Powerful Decisions
Meeting Dr. Allen
Becoming the Flash
Lost and Found
Tragedy
The Final Run
Broken In Time

Invincible Feeling

1.6K 27 22
By RogersSkywalkerR5er

Ella's POV.

Barry ran Ella to her apartment that night. Setting her down in her living room he smiled at her. "Woah, it's nice to have that back again." She joked. "Now I don't have to spend on gas money." He chuckled, but soon his smile turned soft. "Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked, feeling slightly uncomfortable by his burning gaze. He shrugged. "I just love you that's all." She smiled at his words and felt her heart soar. She couldn't believe that earlier today she hadn't even been sure if she would ever hear his voice again.

At the thought her smile dropped and she looked down. "Hey,. . .what's wrong?" He asked lifting her chin and smiling. "I just. . .I thought you were dead, Barry. I thought I'd never see you again." She whispered as tears came to her eyes. He looked at her in sympathy and put his hand on her cheek. "I know. I'm so sorry." She laid her own hand on top of his, trying to hold back her tears.

He cupped her face with his hands, which she held onto. "But I'm here now. I'm not dead. I'm here. With you. Where I always what to be. With you, Ella." He told her. She smiled. "I love you, Barry." She whispered as tears trailed down her cheeks. He nodded. "And I love you." With that he leaned down and kissed her, assuring her everything was alright now.

The next day he came over and took her wig hint o the cemetery. He had told her, last night, about what happened in the Speed Force. He saw his mother. They walked to Barry's mom's grace and he handed her the umbrella. Pulling out some white lilies he laid them on her grave. "Joe offered to take me so many times. I always found an excuse to say no." He began, pulling out a children's book. Chuckling, he looked back at her. "My mom and I read this when I was little. Do you know it?" He asked. Ella smiled and nodded. "My mom read it to me a few times."

A far away smile grew on his lips as he glanced back at his mom's grave. "She read it to me there." He said. Ella smiled softly. "I wish I could have seen her." He stood up and smiled. "She would have loved the woman you've become, Ella. She loved you back then and would love you now." She smiled. "Thanks, Barry. I hope so."

He put his arm around her waist,and gazed at his mother's grave. "I think she'd be happy about us too." They smiled at each other. Ella nodded. That night Zooms recruits were let lose through the city. Barry easily fought them all, but there were thousands.

One afternoon Ella and Barry walked into STAR Labs from the elevator. "We usually take these guys down one at a time not one-hundred at a time." Barry smiled, fixing his blazer's collar. "And yet you don't seem overwhelmed." Ella pointed out." He smiled at her. "I know we can do it." Just then Cisco met them. "Guys you have to come see this."

The three walked into the main lab to see Caitlin sitting down in a chair with Dr. Allen checking her out. "Caitlin?" Barry exclaimed and ran over to her. "She's in shock, a little dehydrated and malnourished, but she'll be fine." Henry said stepping away.

Barry squatted down in front of her. "I'm okay." She smiled tightly. "What happened how did you get away?" Barry asked. "He-He let me go. I didn't think he would I thought it was a trap, but. . .He told me you were dead." She whispered as tears ran down her cheeks. Ella frowned, knowing how close they were. He was one of her best friends. "I'm not. I'm right here. We're all here. Together." He assured her.
"Snow, Jay's not here. you're safe." Wells said.

"He's gonna over run the city! You can't stop him!" She told them. "Yes we can. Listen to me. He's not going to succeed. This is our earth." Barry said. Caitlin shook her head. "You don't know that. You don't know what he is capable of." She warned. "I know from being in the Speed Force that it is with us. Not Zoom. And if the Speed Force is with us, how can we possibly lose? Right guys?" He assured. Ella and Iris looked at one another. This wasn't right. He was acting invincible. "Yeah. Yeah, right." Jesse humored him.

"You've been though a lot. You should get some rest." He told her, helping her to her to her lab. "You were in the Speed Force?" She asked. He explained it all to her. Once he was out of the room Cisco spoke. "Okay I'm gonna say it. Is it just me or is he acting a little too. . ." "Overconfident?" Ella asked. Everyone gathered around the desk.

"Maybe it's his time in the Speed Force." Iris suggested. "Ever since he got back he's been acting like he's invisible now or something." "Yeah like nothing fazes him anymore which isn't-" Wells interrupted Henry. "Realistic. No it's not. Somebody needs to talk to him before letting his guard down gets him hurt or worse."

"I mean he did bring me out of my coma. That's bound to make someone a little overly chipper." Jesse added. Barry nodded. "Like I said. Somebody needs to talk to him."

Later that night Mercury Labs was attacked by a meta that made the building collapse. Barry was able to save dr. McGee, who deduced that the Flash was Barry Allen. He brought her back to catch her up on everything.

When Barry got back with the black memory box of footage from the building, he left in a happy go lucky mood. Smiling and completely optimistic. Acting's as usual like it would take nothing to beat Zoom. An hour later the CCPD alarm went off. Zoom had created a the Flash symbol with fire. It was ablaze on the front of the building. He ran there and faced him.

Later another building was attacked. They didn't know how, but it started crumbling. The team came up with a plan to stop the meta's. Frequency. They would creat a sound that would cause them to black out because of the pain. Cisco, Caitlin and Ella were working on the vibrational tech. The girls were working at the computers while Cisco worked at the board.

Suddenly she and Cait heard him throw something at the board in frustration. "I thought throwing things was Harry's preferred method of stress?" Cait commented. Cisco leaned down on a table to look at a computer. "That is how frustrated I am right now. I'm running out of ideas on how to make this work. Where's Barry? I could use some of that walking on sunshine thing he's got goin' on right now." Cisco said. Ella smiled in amusement. And turned back to her work.

Out of no where Caitlin gasped. Cisco and Ella looked up and then at each other in confusion, but soon confusion turned to concern when she turned around and started saying no over and over again. She backed up against the table and started to hyperventilate. Cisco ran over to her and held her arms. "Hey, hey. It's me. Okay? Breath. Breath. Your okay. Right?" He said softly, holding her. Ella stood next to them, laying hand on her shoulder. "You're shaking."

"I thought I saw him. Zoom. I thought I saw him right there." She answered in panic. "He's not here. Okay? Okay? Look at me. He's not here." He assured his best friend. She nodded and closed her eyes. "I see him everywhere." She breathed. Ella rubbed her arm as Cisco went to stand on her right side holding her arm gently. "Look, you literally just escaped a psychopath who kidnapped you okay?" He said softly. "Yeah, Cait. I think it's normal for you to have a severe reaction like this after that." She assured her.

Caitlin shook her head and walked past the two. "It's so much more than that. I'm afraid all the time." She said walking over in front of the board. She crossed her arms in front of herself. "I don't think I can ever move forward." She said with tears threatening. "You will." Cisco assured. "When? Jay took everything from me. My confidence. My trust. My sanity. I don't think I'll ever be whole again." "Of course you will." Cisco told her. He went over to her and wrapped his arms around her. "I promise."

When they parted Ella walked over to her and smiled. "You'll hey through this Caitlin. You have a lot of people here who will help you do that. You're not alone." Caitlin smiled sadly at her and nodded. "Thanks Ella." "Anytime." The two women hugged.

Late that night around eleven Barry confronted a The earth two meta who had been attacking the building. He was shocked to find out that she Laurel Lance's doppelgänger called Black Siren. She was killing him, but Wally came and saved the day. He hit her with his car and drove the Flash away from the scene.

Barry got back to STAR Labs where Caitlin started patching him up. His ear drum had been temporarily injured causing his ears to actually bleed, but he would be okay. Joe was angry at Barry because the talk He was supposed to have with Wally didn't do anything. He felt like Barry wasn't taking it seriously. He made another comments about the Speed Force being with them and Joe left.

Iris and Ella looked at each other as Barry walked into the medical lab. "You should take this one. I have to go help with the frequency tech." Iris looked at her in surprise. "Are you sure?" She smiled and nodded. "I-"

Ella took her aside. "Iris look, I know about everything okay? I know you have feelings for Barry." She said. Her friend looked down. "I also know you told him." "Ella I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I know you're dating Barry and that you both love each other. I never should have said anything." She apologized.

"Iris." Ella tried to get attention, but failed. "I don't even know where these feelings came from. It was out of no where honestly. Maybe it's because of what happened with Eddie or the fact Barry was the one to help me move on. . .I don't know, but-"

"Iris!" Ella said a little louder. She looked at her wide eyed. Ella smiled. "It's okay. I'm not upset. I mean. . .I was at first, but not anymore. Not when I understand just how you feel. I also know you can't help your feelings. And like you said it could just be because Barry helped you."
"So we're okay?" She asked. Ella smiled and nodded. "Of course we are. Your like a sister to me Iris. You're my best friend. And I wouldn't let something like this ruin that. Ever." Iris smiled back. "You're like a sister to me too, Ella." The girls hugged tightly and let go.

"Are you sure I should talk to him? You're his girlfriend." She said. "No. I'm sure. You're his best friend, Iris. You two grew up together. I never want you guys to lose that relationship just because of me." Iris smiled. "Thanks Ella." "No problem. Now I've gotta go. Good luck." She walked out, leaving Iris to talk to Barry.

After Cisco, Cait, Wells and Ella figured out how to stop the meta they explained it to the team. They would send out a frequency that only earth two people could hear and have Barry run around the city causing the frequency to bounce off of it. Hartley has given them the idea. It would disrupt their nervous system. For Wells and Jesse they designed special head phones to protect them from the pulse.

Just then the high rise apartments were attacked. Barry was conflicted. He wanted to save all those people, but he had to run so the frequency would ricochet. Cisco came up with an idea to have he and Caitlin impersonate Reverb and Killer Frost to distract Siren. It worked for a while, but soon she found out it was a fake.

Finally Barry was going fast enough so that they could send out the frequency. Wells activated it. It worked and all the earth two meta's were effected, but then Jesse started to feel the effects. Wells gave his head phones to her even with her arguments and ended up backing out along with the meta's around Central. While Henry took care of Wells, while Barry went on clean up duty. He brought all the meta's back and locked them up at Iron Heights or in the particle excelorator. Frustratingly enough Zoom had escaped to earth two, but at least for once there was peace.

That night Ella and Barry went out on a date. It was their first in a long time. After going to a movie, not that they actually watched the movie, they took a walk through the park. The pavement was freshly wet from the rain. Ella and Barry walked hand in hand silently, just enjoying each other's company.

"Hey, do you remember the first day you came back?" Barry smiled. She nodded. "Of course how could I forget. You didn't even know who I was." Barry smiled. "Hey, you can't hold that against me. I hadn't seen you since we were in middle school." Ella laughed. "I know."

Barry shook his head smiling. "We walked to the house and got on the subject of Iris's blog and how she would be in danger." He reminded. Ella nodded. "You were so confident that the Flash would protect her. You were new to the city and didn't even know who the Flash was, yet you had total faith in him and there I was. . .actually the Flash and I didn't even have faith in myself." Ella smiled at the memory.

"Then that night when we walked to our old playground I told you about my mother's murder and about my dad. I was sure you wouldn't believe me. I mean who would? It was a unbelievable, but you did. Completely even. You didn't think I was crazy or lying. You believed ever bit of it."

Ella nodded and stopped walking. They stood by a lamp post. "I did." "How?" He asked. "Because, I know you Barry. I have faith in you. If you say something happened it did." Barry breathed a laugh in disbelief. "See, your always doing that." Ella giggled at him. "Doing what?" "That!" He exclaimed with a smile. "Having complete unwavering faith in me. I don't understand. I've messed up so many times. How can you still have that kind of faith?"

"Everyone makes mistakes, Barry. Everyone. If I were to hold all of the things you've done against you or anyone for that matter, I would never be able to trust anyone." She explained.
"But trusting me the way you do? I'm no different than anyone else. I make even more mistakes then regular people." Ella laughed. "Yes, but you're you. You're my best friend and I love you. I can't not have faith in you." She said, obviously confusing him.

She sighed. "Look, the thing is. . .even when you mess up you have this guilt you carry with you. You've never made a mistake and not felt bad afterwards. You always make up for those mistakes. And usually when you mess up it's only because you're trying to carry the world on your shoulders. Your always there for anyone who needs it. Before your powers you were their for your family and friends and now. . .you're their for everyone." She smiled. "That's why I have the faith have in you. Your a hero, Barry. With or without your powers you've always been my hero."

Barry smiled at her. In awe at her words. "You're incredible." He breathed. Ella giggled. He shook his head. "No. I'm serious. I've never met anyone like you." Ella blushed and brushed a strand of hair back.

Feeling uncomfortable by the heat that had come to her cheeks, Ella began to walk again. "It's so peaceful out." She mused looking at the sky. Barry followed her. "Y-Yeah. It really is." "I know Zoom's still a threat, but right now. It feels so nice to just. . .breath." She admitted. "It really does. We haven't had real peace like this in a while actually." He agreed. She shook her head. They walked a bit. 

Ella could feel Barry's gaze trained on her, then he began watching the ground. This went on for a bit him glancing at her then at the ground, until finally cleared his throat. "It kind of gets you thinking." He started. She glanced his way and raised an eyebrow. He licked his lips and turned to face her, stopping once again between two dimly lit lamp posts.

Taking her hands in his he spoke. "Look, Ella this may seem random and crazy, but I love you." He smiled, shrugging. "And I can't imagine my life without you. Your the most incredible person I've ever met. Ever! You're what keeps me going everyday. You're the reason I run. Since the day we met you've always been my best friend. You're my rock. My home. My comfort. You're my everything. You have this amazing amount of faith in me. Faith I can't even say I have in myself. You're literally the best thing that ever happened to me."

Ella was smiling joyfully at his precious words. "And look, I know it's so soon after we literally just basically got together, but speed is kinda my thing you know,. . ." He joked, but became serious. "I just can't think of a better time to do this other than now. So. . ."

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand as Barry kneeled down on one knee. She stepped back in shock. He smiled nervously. "Ella Peters, I don't have a ring and I don't really have a plan, but I'm inlove with you. That I know. So, I'm asking you, now. Right now. Ella, will you make me the happiest man alive and. . .marry me?"

Ella hesitated. It was so soon, but did it matter? She was in love with him as much as he was in love with her. It's not like she hadn't ever thought of marrying Barry. Starting a life with him. She had thought about that all her life. Smiling and nodding quickly she answered him. "Yes. Yes Barry. I'll marry you."

Barry's nervous look quickly grew into a gigantic smile. He stood and embraced her as they both laughed happily. Barry put his hand on her cheek and kissed her. When they broke apart "I love you, Ella." He smiled happily. She smiled back just as thrilled. "I love you too, Barry."

Just then Barry took out his phone to check the time. "Oh shoot! I forgot! Iris asked us to come over for dinner tonight. We gotta go." He announced. Ella nodded, still not able to wipe the smile off her face. "Here." Barry picked her up bridal style. "Hold on." He smiled and took off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.2K 85
There was a crime scene for a murder so CSI Barry Allen hurries there but of course being 10 minutes late. At CatCo, Snapper gave one of his reporte...
45.2K 1K 25
Barry and Caitlin have been married for two years. Recently, they have been going at each other, bickering and arguing over the littlest things. One...
298K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...
2.5M 65.9K 56
| book one | Natalie Reed has just moved to Central City, at first, oblivious to the unnatural events in her new home. She truly feels welcomed in Ce...