Through The Thorns~ The Guild...

Galing kay StefanieMorton

THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE IN EBOOK AND PAPERBACK FOR PURCHASE MARCH 10th, 2020, ON AMAZON KINDLE!! ****BOOK... Higit pa

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Thirty-Three

76 6 2
Galing kay StefanieMorton

Through the Thorns

Thirty-Three

Winter 45 B.C

*Warning! Sexual Content*

Cauis takes my hand and pulls me closer to him. "I will not see you dead. I will see you alive, and happy."

"How can this be?" My voice barely above a whisper. My hands start to tremble anxiously.

"One does not question why you are my mate." Cauis replies, pulling me against his hard chest. "I only seek to make it so."

I turn my head up and see nothing but truth in his eyes. Yet, I can not allow this to happen. "The Gods will turn against us. Nature itself would turn against me, and you your pack."

Cauis stiffens. "Esmerelda, I do not have a pack."

"How so? Are you not a shifter?" I've never heard of a shifter having no pack.

"I was a babe when my parents died. They were Alphas of our pack." He pauses, pain filling his eyes. "A group of vampires came into our encampment one night, leaving only me alive. Everyone from the pack I was one day to lead, all perished."

"Oh, Cauis." I grab hold of his broad shoulders, and pull him down, wrapping him in my embrace. My heart broke for him. For the life he should have had. "I'm so sorry. All this time, you've been alone?"

"Nay, I've had Septimus." He breaths into my hair.

I pull back from him, and ask, "So why not join his pack? Is that not something plausible?"

"It is, but not for me. I am born of two rightful Alphas. Which means I have the blood of an Alpha. I could not join Septimus' father's pack, without having to kill him. And I would not cause such pain on my friend. Thus, I choose to be by myself."

I take a small step back, needing space from him. "Still, nature will surely turn on me. All the work I've put in with Master Druses, would be for not."

Cauis steps closer, removing what little space I created. "If nature indeed does turn against you, I will be there. I will not let any harm befall on you. You are destined to be mine, Esmerelda. Even if I do not understand it, I will see it so."

"You would seek to take something which I have not consented?" I ask frightened. I try backing away further, but his hands grabs my arms, keeping me in place.

"Nay, Esmerelda." His eyes bore into me. "I would have you agreeable. Always, agreeable." His eyes shine true. He will not mark me unless I allow it. How badly I want it. Cauis steps closer to me, no space between again. He cups my face in his hands, and holds my stare. "I love you, Esmerelda. I know we do not know each other, but since you selflessly stepped in to save my life, I have felt you in my heart. I only wish to make you happy."

My breathing catches in my throat. Was love what I feel for him? He came so suddenly into my life, and there he has stayed. Perhaps not physically, but he has always been there. My heart thumps loudly, trying to break its way through my breasts. I decide to put my life in the Fate's hands. No longer will I be a scared little girl. My life is my own, and I will see it so.

"I love you, Cauis." I breath, the worlds falling from my mouth so easily. And I knew, once said, that they are true. I would give my life, again, for him.

"Will you be mine?" Cauis asks, his voice thick with need. His breathing has become labored, as if he just finished running. His body shakes, but I do not believe he is cold.

I try to swallow the huge lump in my throat. I nod my head, unable to speak. I hear Cauis growl, and gently he pulls my head to the side, exposing the left side of my neck fully. He slowly brushes my hair off my shoulder, and then looks at me. I try to swallow again, but the lump is still there. I take a deep breath, and Cauis bends his head to my neck. He kisses where my neck and shoulder meet, gently, then sinks his teeth in there. Pain courses through me, but is quickly replaced with pleasure. I moan, loudly. A pool of moisture gathers between my legs. A deep burning need engulfs me. I push into Cauis further, his hard cock presses into my stomach. I moan again as Cauis runs his tongue over where he bit. When he pulls his head back, his green eyes have turned black.

Cauis rests his head against my forehead, breathing rapidly. His arms hold me tight against him. "You are mine."

Nothing has ever sounded so sweet in my life. I am his. I arch my neck, and press my lips to his. Desire sweeps over me. I pull at the back of his head by his hair, needing him. Cauis grips me tighter, crushing me against him. My breathing spikes, and I'm unable to control myself. Cauis lifts me from the ground, and I wrap one leg around his waist, my tunic stopping me from wrapping both around him. Not breaking the kiss, I let go of his hair with one hand, and flick my wrist. I don't need to look around to know we are now in my bedroom. I flick my wrist again, lighting my hearth.

Cauis breaks the kiss, keeping his face pressed against mine. His breathing is shallow, but he forces his eyes open. "Where are we?" He asks in a strained low voice.

"My bedroom." I answer, and force his lips back to mine. We continue to kiss passionately as Cauis moves us over to the bed. The backs of my legs hit the frame, and Cauis sits me down.

Cauis kneels before me, and unfastens my sandal. His eyes never leaving mine. He unfastens my other shoe, and runs his hands up my legs, stopping at my knees. Nervousness builds in the pit of my stomach. With one look, and a gentle kiss to my cheek, Cauis removes all nerves. He pushes us down, forcing me to lay on the bed. His arm goes around me, between me and the bed, and lifts me further up the bed. Cauis gathers the bottom of my tunic, and pushes it higher, allowing him to lay between my legs. His kisses turn from a gentle caress, to one of pure need. I pull at the strings of his tunic, needing there to be nothing between us. The material falls from his shoulders, exposing his perfectly sculpted chest. I grab at the material laying on me now, and throw it to the side. Cauis' hand travels up my arm, and he tugs at the string of my own tunic. He pulls the material down, exposing my breasts. His hand finds my breast, not breaking our kiss. The warmth of his hands there sends a shiver down my spine. Cauis groans as his free hand rips my tunic's material away. We are both now exposed to the other. Cauis' cock throbs against my inner right thigh. My hips arch into him, wanting him closer. Needing.

He lets go of my breast, and moves his hand lower. His warm hand travels all the way to my sensitive folds. I break from the kiss, needing air, and bite into his shoulder, trying to muffle my moans as to not wake my father. I arch my back as Cauis slips a single digit deep inside me. He moves it slowly around, making me wither under him. A blinding pleasure rips through me. Cauis covers my mouth his his, muffling me. Before the waves subside, Cauis grabs his cock, and drives it deep inside me. At first there is pain, but Cauis stills, allowing me to adjust to his size. Tentatively, Cauis pulls out slowly, and then back in. Cauis slowly pumps into me, and I try to match his thrusts. After just a few minutes, I feel myself explode around him. Cauis pulls his mouth away from mine, and licks his mark on my neck, sending himself over the edge. I fall into a peaceful sleep before he even pulls out of me.

I wake in the morning, the sun shining across my legs. I reach out, and feel the bed is empty. I sit up quickly, disappointed. Where is Cauis? A piece of parchment paper lays on my bedside table. I grab it quickly, and read Cauis' neat handwriting.

My beloved Esmerelda,

I didn't wish to wake you as you looked so peaceful. Please forgive me for not being by your side. I've gone to speak with Septimus' father, Clide, about us, to try and get answers. Do not fear, I will climb out your window so your father does not see me. I will return to you by midday.

All my love,

Cauis

I clutch his note to my chest. It is almost midday now. I rush out of bed, and dress quickly. As I make my way out of my room a weird feeling starts tingling in my fingers. It radiates up my arms, and through my whole body. What is happening to me?

Get outside, Esmerelda! I hear Cauis' voice shout at me. I look around, but don't see him anywhere. How peculiar. His voice sounds so close to me. I take another step, and feel myself being torn apart, from the inside out.

Outside, now! I hear Cauis' voice again, and without question, I rush outside. Just as the cold winter morning's air hits me, I feel myself explode. I scream in pain, and fall on the path just outside the front door. I try wrapping my arms around my body, but I stop and look with horror at my hands. They are not hands. They are big light brown paws. My body begins to shake as I try to comprehend what has happened to me. I hear movement from inside the house, and before I can even think properly, I run away heading for the trees. I couldn't let my father, or anyone, see me like this. When I make it inside the cover of the trees, I keep running. What's happening to me?

Esmerelda, stop. I hear Cauis again, but still can not see him.

Where is he? I ask myself.

I'm coming. Head to the south, I will meet you. He answers my unspoken question.

I turn, and run as fast as I can to the south. It feel so odd to be running with four legs, instead of just two. I trip over myself several times. After five minutes, I hear someone running towards me in the opposite direction. I stop, and back away, trying to find somewhere to hide. Before I can find an adequate place, a large brown wolf tears through the tress.

I growl at them, fear taking over me.

It's me, Esmerelda. Cauis. The wolf stops a few paces away from me, slowly it lowers itself to the ground. The wolf makes no move to come towards me, it just looks at me. It's green eyes the exact same as Cauis'

Realization slams into me. I lunge for Cauis. We roll, and Cauis is now on top of me.

Can you shift back? I hear Cauis ask me. How is he talking to me? His lips aren't moving. We are mated now, Esmerelda. We can communicate silently.

You can hear my thoughts?

Cauis dips his head, answering me, and then gets off me. Do you think you can shift back?

I have no idea how to! I didn't even know I could shift into a wolf in the first place!

Just breath, and picture your human form. Cauis explains to me.

I take a deep breath, and I feel the same tingling feeling spread all over my body again.

Splendid! Now, shift again so we can get you home and clothed. I do as I'm told, and suddenly we're running back to the north. In a matter of minutes, Cauis and I are outside my still open window.

Shift, and climb through. Cauis says, looking around us. The fire in my room had gone out at some point in the night, and with my window open, it is freezing in my room. I quickly grab a clean tunic, and look back to see Cauis' naked body climb in my window. His body is well toned, my mouth waters at the sight of him. I notice his tunic from last night is still on the floor, I grab it, and hand it to him. I couldn't think clearly with him naked.

When he's dresses, he comes up to me and wraps his arms around me. His lips meet mine, and we both moan. To soon for my liking, he pulls away. I open my eyes, seeing him properly for the first time since becoming mates. My whole body aches for him. His eyes shine with love and something else. Fear? What is there to fear?

"Septimus' father has never heard of such a thing." Cauis answers my unspoken question, keeping his voice low. "He fears for how this will be received. I could already see it in his eyes, Esmerelda. He fears me now. He fears what may become of us."

"Master Druses may have answers." I offer him. "Let us go see him." Before he speaks, I wave my hand and land us right outside Master Druses' front door. We didn't even have a chance to turn and knock, when the door is flung open.

"You two best get in here." Master Druses says hurriedly, scanning the area around his home.

We quickly dart inside. As soon as the door is shut, Master Druses holds out his hand and pins Cauis to the wall with his power.

"What were you thinking, Cauis?" Master Druses shouts at him. "Have I taught you nothing your whole life? When your family perished, was I not the one who took you in? Raised you as my own flesh and blood? Was it not I who stood by you? How could you betray me as thus?"

Cauis chokes on Master Druses invisible hold around his throat. I bring my hand up, and force Master Druses to let go, sending Cauis to the floor coughing.

"You will not harm him, Master Druses." I spit at him. I bring my hand up again, and choke him as he did Cauis.

Cauis comes to my side, and lowers my arm. "Enough, both of you!" Cauis looks at Master Druses. "Forgive me, I did not think when I went to Clide's. I had questions about mates. I did not think that you would be able to answer. Please, forgive me."

Master Druses rubs his neck where my powers had held him. "The rumors are true then? You have mated with Esmerelda?" Master Druses asks us shocked.

Cauis looks down at me lovingly. "Aye. I have."

Master Druses looks between us, trying to solve a puzzle. "You must leave. I do not mean just my house, you are always welcomed here, both of you. But word has already traveled through the village. The vampires will come for you. This mating, it's unnatural. They will see you dead. Both of you. I can not see harm come to either of you."

"I can not leave my family." I say stepping forward. "I will not see them come to harm."

Master Druses shakes his head at me. He looks at me, his eyes hard. "You can not protect your family now, Esmerelda. You must run. Run far away, leave Rome. Leave the Republic. Save yourselves."

Thanks for reading!

~Stefanie

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.9M 161K 48
"Let me take you out on one date," he speaks, his lips dangerously close to mine. "And then I can fuck you senseless after." I swallow harshly lookin...
12.5K 236 14
You, like Ethan winters, came looking for answers but when you're capable of controlling the beasts around you it catches the eye of the Lords. (My f...
529K 10.3K 34
**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the original)** Trailer inside! (Book 2) - Tristan...
2.8K 299 42
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON AMAZON AND KINDLE!!! GET YOUR COPY TODAY!!!! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z83VDHL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Under+the+Blood+M...