Hadrian Potter, Revenge (A Ha...

By MORTEMAMIGO

Hadrian grows up alone in the obscure shadow of his younger brother, Daniel Potter, The-Boy-Lived. Daniel is... More

The Brother Without
Storm Of Home
Phoenix of the Jungle
Silent Contemplation
Stolen Profanities
The Manor
The Summer Party
The Start of Unwelcome Conversations
Confrontations
Hatred
Morti
Barmaid's and Beer
Blood Lines
Cobra's Strike
Plans and Observations
Fear The Wolf
An Intolerable Future
Dark Times
Mafia Murder
Blood Money
Murderous Suffocation
The Party
Smashed Glass
Miserable Memories
Thunder and Lightening
Truth at Midnight
Maternal Hate
Past Nightmares

The Station

31.1K 944 106
By MORTEMAMIGO

It wasn't long before the train pulled up to the station at Kings Cross. The platform was full of parents and younger siblings waiting to be reunited. Hadrian looked around the compartment, glancing at the faces of his friends. Blaise who usually maintained a look of constant vacancy, actually looked slightly jubilant at the prospect of returning home. Daphne smiled with Draco, tucking a long strand of hair behind her delicate ear, excited at what the summer would hold.

Pansy wasn't herself. Every year previously, she had commanded everyone's attention in order to discuss what summer parties they should attend, claiming they would be the social events of the season. She would consider every outfit, magazines would litter the compartment table as she scanned each model for inspiration.

Hadrian stared at her quiet form, watching her soft face for a clue to what she was thinking. A few seconds passed before she met his gaze, her eyes widening just a fraction, shocked that he was looking at her so intensely. She hid herself from him, winking smoothly, her lips pulling into a seductive smirk. It was a well polished act - but then she had done it so many times before. Hadrian clenched his jaw, pissed off at her attempt to distract him. There was something wrong, he knew it, but her flirtatious facade was preventing him from seeing it.

Pansy felt Hadrian's anger and frustrations, causing her to flinch away from him, her heart racing as he attempted to understand what she hid from him. Pansy always considered Hadrian a player, using people to get what he wanted, however it was times like these when he saw what no one else saw and used it to understand rather than to exploit. He was shockingly, a good friend.

Hadrian wouldn't leave it there - he would continue it another time, when he couldn't be so easily distracted. For now he would leave it, but she would be in for a shock the next time they were alone.

Hadrian sighed in frustration at having to go back to Potter Manor - he honestly couldn't think of anything worse. It wasn't like his parents were evil, because they weren't. However, they weren't exactly good people either. They were shitty parents for one, every since he could remember, something would always be more important than him. Since his parents had found out his brother was the Boy Who Lived, Hadrian had been ignored and pushed aside.

It was only recently that his parents had tried to get in touch with him. Hadrian had been immediately suspicious of course, why did they start caring now? But he also no longer cared, in his opinion it was much too late, even if he did believe their curiosity and interest to be their own.

They would always ask him questions about his life, constantly wondering what he was up to. They didn't know him, not at all - but he was accustomed to that, happy about it even. Their behaviour towards him seemed to change after the news that he was sorted into Slytherin. They weren't interested, they were just suspicious. The letters had started to come consistently 2 years ago after that, in his third year. The messages were not only suspicious but awkward, not particularly shocking since they hadn't seen him for 2 years.

"Hadrian, let's go," Malfoy muttered.

Hadrian snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the deliberate softness in Draco's voice, it had reduced in both volume and tone. Hadrian looked around from his position next to the window, noticing the others had left the compartment - leaving him and Draco alone. Hadrian had been staring out the window, lost in thought, while Draco had sat waiting for him. Turning his head, Hadrian regarded his best friend, thankful that he had someone that cared - someone who knew him better than anyone. Hadrian sighed tiredly, not something he would usually do if he were amongst others.

"Fuck," he exclaimed quietly, running a tired hand through his dark curls.

Despite the profanity the exhaustion in Hadrian voice made the remark seem fragile. Draco's eyebrows failed to remain passive, rising slightly at Hadrian's noticeable weariness. The intensity in Hadrian Potter for just a moment ceased to exist.

"It's really that bad?" Draco asked, treading lightly.

Draco knew that there was only one thing that made Hadrian Potter vulnerable and that was his family. Draco didn't know much about Hadrian's family as he never mentioned them and even if he did it was always vague. Hadrian looked at Draco for a moment, assessing his intrigue. Draco looked simply curious, there was no judgement in his face, just friendship.

"They don't give a fuck, Draco," Hadrian swallowed and cleared his throat.

"They never cared..." Draco replied, nodding in understanding.

"It's all changed now," Hadrian gritted his teeth, frustration building.

"I'm watched by everyone, they can't help themselves. I'm the next Dark Lord, didn't you know?" Hadrian sneered continuing, his face creating shadows.

"We both know that the light hate what they don't understand and destroy what they hate," Draco iterated, his face slightly pinched.

Hadrian rose a brow, yes, he knew that. The light in all their glory disliked those who challenges their beliefs.

"Your parents?" Draco asked his best friend.

"I haven't seen them in 2 years," Hadrian tsked, his lip pulling in a sordid smirk.

"Fuck. So why now? Why do they want you to come home?" Draco asked, brows furrowed.

Hadrian blinked a couple of times, focusing his mind. Turning to Draco he grimaced, his green eyes sparked and his strong tanned hands clenched into a fist.

"Dumbledore," Hadrian spoke with icy displeasure.
..

Draco and Hadrian finally made their way off the train, walking down the long corridor, passing by each compartment. When reaching the Gryffindor part of the train, they received some lingering looks, however these faded quickly once they realised it was Hadrian. Their fear took precedence over their hatred. Hadrian didn't care, they were nobodies - they would fold in a second.

Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy stood at the back of the station, against the red brick wall, waiting for their son to get off the train. Lucius Malfoy as always looked regal, especially in a black Vaspean Cloak. The dragon cane that he held in right hand only intensified the look, it would be intimidating if Hadrian was not, well Hadrian. Narcissa Malfoy was also regal, but much softer with a delicacy that only women seem to achieve.

Ever year, just like this one, Hadrian and Draco would get off the train and greet Mr and Mrs Malfoy. Hadrian wasn't one for family reunions, however this was one he got used to easily. Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy were the closest thing Hadrian had to actual parents.

"Draco darling!" Narcissa spoke softly.

The forty year old woman stepped forward and hugged her son. She closed her warm brown eyes, taking a deep breath before releasing him. Draco use to be embarrassed by his mother's affection, especially in front of his friends. No teenage boy liked his mother's smothering, however he had quickly learnt to appreciate his parents love. Friendship with Hadrian had taught him many things - one was to not take anything for granted. Draco knew Hadrian Potter better than anyone, he had been his first friend. So Draco knew that ever since first year, Hadrian had secretly looked to see if his parents had come to pick him up from Platform 9 3/4. Draco had never met Hadrian's parents, as they had never shown.

Hadrian remembered after his first and second year's at Hogwarts his parents had sent James's assistant, Rilius, to collect him from the station. Rilius was a kind man with an ageing face, he always gave off the impression he was hiding something - Hadrian had suspected that he was previously employed as an unspeakable. Nevertheless, Hadrian liked the man, when he was younger he had actually considered him something of an uncle. Despite this, somewhere deep down Hadrian had wished to see his parents, just once. Draco knew this, therefore now standing taller than his mother, he returned her tight hug.

"Hi Mum," Draco smiled.

He pulled his mother into his side, looking down at her face. He was pleased to see her grateful smile, she swallowed her emotions down before standing back. Lucius watched his son with pride, most wouldn't see it, but Hadrian could. The Head of the Malfoy house seemed vulnerable as he gazed at his family. Draco stepped forward, his arms open to embrace his father.

"Hi Dad," Draco whispered, as he was pulled into a half hug, it was both manly and affectionate.

"Good to see you son," Lucius smiled, only slightly, but his tone was full of warmth.

"Hadrian, how are you?" Narcissa asked, once Draco and Lucius had finished embracing.

Hadrian smiled, as real as he could make it. He saw how Narcissa looked at him, he suspected this was how a mother looked at her children. It was the same way she looked at Draco, concern and pride radiating through her features.

"I'm good, thank you," Hadrian said quietly.

Narcissa opened her arms wide in request for a hug - Hadrian leant in and wrapped his arms around her meaningfully. As Hadrian began to pull away, Narcissa's gaze locked onto Draco, who stood behind Hadrian watching the two embrace. They gave each other a warm knowing smile - Hadrian never hugged for long, he would always pull away after a couple of seconds. Narcissa stepped back allowing Hadrian his space, enabling her to take a look at him - she attempted to hide her scrutiny. Hadrian had grown, he now stood over 6ft but he didn't just get taller, he was also physically larger - his muscles filled the material of his dark robe.

https://amzn.to/3Z1qJ1D

"Lucius, how are you?" Hadrian asked politely, shaking his hand.

Hadrian noticed how Lucius's face softened a fraction when he looked at Draco. Lucius put a comforting hand on his son's shoulder, making Draco smile boyishly.

"Busy with work but I'm well, thank you," Lucius answered politely, just like a true pureblood.

Hadrian nodded, pleased all was well - however he suddenly felt the urge to leave. He ran a hand through his dark curls, pulling the strands away from his eyes - it had become quite the habit.

"I better go," Hadrian uttered, feeling his torso stiffen.

He glanced down the platform and saw Remus Lupin, his brother's godfather, standing at the other end of the station. The man had raised off his heels scanning the thinning crowd, in search for Hadrian. So, this was who his parents sent, Hadrian wasn't at all surprised they hadn't come themselves - he had never expected them to. Hadrian noticed Remus glancing at his wristwatch - he was in a hurry, no doubt.

"We'll see you at the party?" Narcissa asked hopefully, bringing Hadrian back.

He could not say no to her polite request, despite not wanting to be in the public eye. Narcissa Malfoy's parties were a thing of beauty.

"Of course," Hadrian replied surprisingly jubilant.

He plastered a smile on his face to match his tone - however it didn't quite reach his eyes. The smile was artificial, woefully appointed to prevent anyone from truly understanding who he was - it was a sad counterfeit. Narcissa saw this - how Hadrian's face flickered from calculating concern to stark cheerfulness in an instant. Nevertheless the smile was radiant, displaying a straight set of white teeth, which gleamed perilously. Hadrian's only mistake was that the smile was a little excessive, it was unusual for Hadrian to smile in such a way.

He didn't do that anymore, not really - both Narcissa and Draco remembered when he use to smile, he even use to laugh. The years had made Hadrian Potter harder, his emotions were locked down and the dark facets of his mind had taken over in self preservation. Narcissa would at times see the essence of a smile, however would cringe at the loss of it, as it would vanish just as quickly as it appeared.

Hadrian clapped Draco on the arm affectionally, a small kind smile gracing his lips. Draco despite grinning stupidly was thankful for Hadrian's momentary warmth, a year ago he wouldn't have said that. But everything had changed - as the years went passed Hadrian had changed - Hogwarts had changed.

"See you Hades," Draco said quietly, smirking, yet concern settled in his eyes.

Hadrian smirked, turning and disappearing before he had a chance to see Draco's worry.

...

Hadrian walked toward the place he had last seen Remus, sliding easily through the crowd. He was stopped suddenly.  A delicate hand reached out and gripped his arm, just above the elbow. Daphne Greengrass smiled mischievously, her eyes - the usual formidable brown were now warm and delicate. Hadrian was one of the few people to witness such silliness from the Greengrass Heir. Hadrian's brow raised playfully, what was she planning? Daphne gently guided Hadrian towards Pansy, who stood next to her parents.

Leaning in he kissed Daphne on the cheek, now understanding her game. He walked over to Pansy, to do the same. Hadrian knew Daphne's parents well, they had met after their first year. Hadrian remember the encounter well, they had treated him with utter warmth. He couldn't see them on the platform therefore he assumed that Daphne was going to stay with Pansy's for the start of the summer. Hadrian had never met Pansy's parents, despite knowing about them.

"Hadrian," Pansy smiled sweetly - yet Hadrian noticed how she glanced at her parents nervously.

Daphne had stepped on the other side of Hadrian, wrapping a hand around the back of his waist. The action was comfortable and casual - if he wasn't so tense he probably wouldn't have noticed. Daphne and Hadrian had never been intimate - their relationship was purely platonic. Despite finding each other attractive - they had never been interested.

"Pansy, these are your parents?" Hadrian spoke low, knowing full well they were.

Hadrian smirked to himself, Pansy wasn't nervous about his presence, she was nervous about what her parents would think. Pansy's parents seemed to watch the whole exchange with palpable shock. Hadrian noticed Pansy's father was a little heated - she had obviously not told her parents about her friendships with boys.

"Mr and Mrs Parkinson," Hadrian acknowledged politely.

He held his hand out courteously, fastening a blinding smile which imprinted dimples into his smooth tanned cheeks. Daphne and Pansy faltered - taking a second to recover - having only seen such a smile a handful of times.

Hadrian knew Mrs. Parkinson was won over immediately, as her cheeks grew more rosy and she began to fidget - she looked uncomfortable in her own body. Mrs Parkinson was beautiful, sharing her soft looks with her daughter. She had light brown hair which brushed neatly past her shoulders - shaping her slender neck. Pansy's mother was slim, perhaps too slim, making her form look fragile and weary. Yet still Mrs Parkinson held a sophistication that one could only be born with - Hadrian would wager that she had come from old money.

Mr. Parkinson, on the other hand, was not nice to look at. The man had strawberry brown hair that stuck to the sides of his head arrogantly - Hadrian suspected the man had styled it that way to cover his balding. Mr Parkinson also wore a light tweed suit which screamed ignorance and a lack of style - overly tailored, Hadrian thought. Even though Hadrian had never met Mr. Parkinson, he had never liked Pansy's father. It seemed to be Mr Parkinson's mission in life to marry his only daughter to the highest bidder.

Hadrian stared hard, revealing a dark disgusted sneer, making his hatred known to the Parkinson patriarch. No one else saw it, except Daphne who faltered, almost smiling in excitement. Hadrian leant towards Pansy, his body taking up most of her personal space. Anyone who watched the two would suspect they were a couple, Pansy's parents probably thought so. Hadrian's body dominated Pansy's in both size and physical capability. The dominion was controlling and tantalising - thriving on ownership rather than compassion. It was true Pansy and Hadrian had slept together many times before, therefore without the audience it would merely be a revision of history.

Revealing their intimacy to Mr Parkinson was comical - Hadrian watched satisfied as Pansy's father clenched his jaw causing the blood to rush to his temples. The man had probably hoped to sell his daughter a virgin - too late. The reaction from Pansy's father was more than Hadrian could have hoped for - all in all he looked furious. It wasn't outwardly noticeable, but Hadrian saw his eyes, cold, hard and angry. Hadrian smirked.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name," Pansy's father questioned.

He had asked what any normal father would have being curious about who his daughter's friends were. But Hadrian knew it was more than that. Pansy's father was extremely interested now, he had felt threatened. Despite his overall look, Hadrian noticed he wasn't a complete idiot - Slytherin through and through.

"Oh sorry. Father, this is Hadrian," Pansy said smiling.

Hadrian smiled at Pansy's half introduction, stepping forward just a step. Pansy's father looked confused needing more information, Hadrian happily obliged.

"The name is Hadrian.... Hadrian Potter," he spoke darkly, his grin nearly feral.

Pansy's fathers eyes widened in shock. That's right motherfucker, now what are you going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.7K 50
Harry Potter is a very powerful wizard.He isn't afraid of dying.He will show what he is capable of and many people will fear him.This is a very rando...
92.9K 2.7K 6
During the Halloween night when Voldemort went to the Potter home, it wasn't Hadrian that was declared as the Boy Who Lived, rather his twin sister...
221K 4.9K 50
Back in the age of Harry Potter, an exchange student arrives from the United States to attend Hogwarts. She's always been a bit of a rebel so natural...
51.8K 1.9K 20
A week has passed since Sirius's death and Harry is not allowed to grieve. His friends think he is ridiculous, and when he tries to open up to them...