The Bachelor

By Polu1998

Manik Malhotra-the only son of India's leading business tycoon, is famous for his short temper and numerous f... More

The Suitor
#1. The Pop Star
#2. The Model
#3. The Friend
#4. The Monster's Star
#5. The Secret
#6. The Escape
#7. The Fanatic
Chapter 2 : The Angry Young Malhotra
Chapter 3 : Eavesdropping is Not a Sin...
Chapter 4: Delinquent Thoughts
Chapter 5 : A Ball To Remember
Chapter 6 : After-Party Showdowns
New Story
Chapter 7 : Denial?
New Story
Chapter 8 : The Much-Awaited Pool Party
Chapter 9 : A Roller Coaster Of Emotions
Chapter 10 : The Illusion Of Choice
Chapter 11 : The Best Friend's Approval
New Story
Chapter 12 : Acceptance?
New Story
Chapter 13 : Surprise, Surprise.
Chapter 14: On the Horns Of a Dilemma
New Story
New Story
New OS & SS
Chapter 15: Betrayal?

Chapter 1: Lights, Camera, Explosion!

4.5K 507 230
By Polu1998

21st February, 7:00 pm, Galaxy Villa, Madh Island, Mumbai.

I stared distractedly at my own reflection in the mirror that was attached to an elaborate dressing table.

My hair and makeup looked decent enough. The hair stylists wanted me to apply a little more gel on my hair to make the spikes protrude further. I immediately refused...because nobody touched my hair without my permission!

Besides, I wasn't going to change my look for this stupid roadshow that I had unwillingly chosen to be a part of!

My publicist and manager-Amir-had already called me a million times to enquire about my whereabouts, until I'd finally showed up at the venue some time ago-an entire hour late!

On paper, Amir was my manager, but in reality he was my father's eyes and ears to keep track of my movements. Honestly, it was a little flattering that Mr. Malhotra had hired someone to spy on me-it meant he saw me as a potential threat to his plans! I definitely considered that as a compliment!

That didn't make Amir any less annoying though! However, he would soon realize that nagging me was of no use!

Nobody could tell Manik Malhotra what to do!

I had agreed to be the suitor for this season of 'The Bachelor' only because of the deal I had made with Mr. Malhotra.

In the last two years, I'd had only one goal-and that was to expand the Malhotra business to start a music label in my name.

Music had always been an integral part of my life, and although I had stopped performing at live shows, I still wanted to be connected to it somehow.

A music label seemed like the perfect option to do so since I knew that I would inherit Malhotra industries in the future.

But my father had thrown a wrench in my plans! Even though I was the heir to the Malhotra fortune, my father still had exceptional control over the board members of the company. There was no way I could fulfil my wish as long as he used his veto power against my proposal!

That's why I had given my consent to do this silly reality show-my father needed me to choose a wife who would fit in well with the faux high society crowd that my parents loved to mix with, and in exchange he would let me start my own label.

I laughed as I thought of his naivety! Did he really think I would quietly follow his instructions and get married without any objection?!

Fuck, no!

My plan was simple-all I had to do was find a contestant who was a gold digger! Then I'd offer her a business deal that she wouldn't be able to refuse!

I'd simply put on an act of falling for her as the episodes of the show progressed, and expect her to do the same. I'd keep her on the show till the finale episode, and propose to her as well! Then according to the deal, she'd pretend to be my fiancée for a period of two months until, my father would formally start a music label in my name! Then we'd have a publicized breakup so that I could get my old life back!

I knew that the plan was flimsy but I was almost sure that an incentive of one crore that I'd pay from my personal trust fund would be enough to tempt at least one contestant to take up my offer!

Besides, how many self-respecting girls would even agree to be a part of this comical farce of a show?! The girls had to be pretty desperate to take part, right?

And when it came to revamping my Casanova image-let's just say that I wouldn't deprive myself of having some casual fun...especially since I'd be surrounded by attractive women!

"Manik...the girls have been waiting for the past hour! Please hurry up! The shoot is already behind schedule!" Amir yelled through the door.

Ugh! Just when my mood was on the verge of improving-his horse like neighing had to interrupt me!

I took a deep breath and convinced myself that I could do this.

Come on, Manik! It's showtime!

I smirked and finally went forward to unbolt the door.

As soon as I flung the door open, Amir said in a hysterical voice, "Manik...you're late! Crew ke log kabse wait kar rahe hai!"

I only gave him a death stare in return, which seemed to scare him off instantly!

"Woh sorry Manik...everyone's getting impatient...that's why I kept calling you..." He said quietly, nearly eating his words up.

"Sorry?! You should always be sorry! Yeh jo teri ghode jaisi aawaz hain na...main pichle hafte se sun sun ke thak chuka hoon!" I said, in a bored voice as I walked out of the room pushing him aside.

I started walking towards the entrance of the villa, where the shoot was to commence. It would be the introduction sequence of all the women, who were contestants on the show.

As soon as I reached the spot, everyone seemed to wake up from their short snooze.

The director immediately screamed at the production team to get things ready and the DOP took his position, as I prepared to face the camera. The anchor for the show- Raghav Rai also did one last touch-up before we proceeded.

"Okay! Manik and Raghav, are you ready?" The director asked.

I just nodded disinterestedly before I put up a plastic smile, in order to feign excitement.

Raghav also gave the thumbs up sign and smirked at me as if gauging my actual inner emotions.

"Alright! Roll sound...camera...and action!" The director shouted.

"Good evening everyone! Welcome to India's first season of 'The Bachelor'! Powered by Veet! I'm your host for this season-Raghav Rai!" He said animatedly.

I laughed at his over the top caricature like voice as he continued to speak.

"So this show has always been one of my favourites...finding your true love and sharing that experience with the entire country! It's just so romantic! Isn't it? So without further ado let's introduce our suitor for this season! With his dashing looks and impeccable charm, no doubt he's every woman's dream man! Give it up for-Manik Malhotra!" He said, applauding enthusiastically.

I gradually strolled up to him and the camera man used a steadicam to zoom in on my face. I dutifully flashed a grin to put up a show of enthusiasm.

"So Manik...excited to be here?" Raghav asked, moving the microphone close to my mouth.

"Yes...definitely! Who wouldn't be excited to meet a swarm of beautiful women?" I replied cheekily.

Raghav chuckled in response and said. "Charming! But in all seriousness tell us-what qualities are you looking for in your life partner? And do you think you'll find true love among the contestants here?"

Love...that stupid word all over again! I didn't want to talk about such a useless topic!

"Manik?" He asked again, as he saw my attention wandering.

"Loyalty and honesty...those are the qualities I'm looking for...I can't stand fake people." I replied with a staunch seriousness in my eyes.

"Okay...so let's see if you find someone who is loyal and honest! Shall we meet the women, then?" He asked trying to lighten the heaviness in the atmosphere.

"Sure!" I said, flashing a winning smile, and moving closer to the gate. I had become an expert at hiding my true emotions...since I had learned from the best! My parents were connoisseurs in the art of deception...and I was no less!

"So here's presenting, contestant number one-Rose!" Raghav exclaimed.

I watched in amusement as the door to a limousine opened and a highly attractive and dusky buxom beauty stepped out.

She then flashed a lovely smile for the cameras...as she waved and made her way towards me.

Analysing her figure, I thought-definitely a model!

When she stood in front of me, I took her hand in mine and said with a cheesy intonation. "You have a beautiful name...It's nice to meet you, Rose. Aapse milkar achcha laga..."

She immediately started giggling and replied. "OMG! You know, you're even yummier in person! Mujhko bhi tum bahut achchi lagi!"

As soon as I heard her statement, I couldn't control my laughter due to her atrocious Hindi! Where did they even find this cartoon?!

"HaHaHa..." I laughed loudly as I looked at the genuinely puzzled expression on her face.

"Cut!" I heard the director scream.

I immediately turned towards him, trying to suppress my laughter.

"Manik you're supposed to be charming! You can't just start chuckling in her face!" He reprimanded.

"Am I the only one who heard what she said?" I asked incredulously.

"I don't care what she said! I need a do-over!" He said.

"Fine!" I said in a frustrated manner, straightening myself.

As the crew got ready to take the next shot, I looked at a shame-faced Rose standing in front of me.

"Hey...I'm sorry I laughed! However, if you're not comfortable in Hindi, it's okay if you don't speak it! It's not a sin, you know? Neither is it a yardstick to measure someone's intelligence, so just relax!" I said, guiltily.

She immediately brightened up on hearing my statement.

"Action!" I heard the director yell.

"Hi Rose...lovely to meet you!" I said, as I took her hand in mine and kissed it in a chivalrous manner.

"Nice to meet you too, Manik!" She said in a dignified tone this time.

I nodded towards her and she gradually moved away from me and stood at the designated spot for the contestants.

"Okay, so let's have contestant number two-Inaaya!" Raghav yelled.

I raised my eyebrows as I saw a fascinatingly tall and familiar figure walk towards me.

Wow! They had really gone all out! Inaaya was quite a famous artiste! Not to mention-super hot! However, if the media was right about her-she didn't believe in committed relationships! So what was she doing here?

I mentally slapped myself as I answered my own question. Of course! She was here for the money!

I smirked as I realized that it made her the perfect candidate for my proposal.

As she inched closer to me...I opened my mouth to greet her, but was slightly taken aback when she moved closer to my face and placed her lips on mine roughly!

What the hell?! Was I having my own #Metoo moment?

A second or two later, she withdrew and whispered seductively in my ear. "Let's have some fun, Malhotra."

She smiled playfully and winked at me before going and standing next to a slightly scandalized Rose.

I smirked in return, and thought-fun or not, she could definitely help me in my plan!

As the camera stopped rolling I turned to the director and said teasingly. "You want a do over, or was that okay?"

"That was fine!" He said, exasperatedly. Even the crew members seemed a little stunned by her actions!

The next two meetings went off uneventfully. The two girls-Jeff and Riddhima seemed decent enough. They were probably from the group of contestants who were chosen via the lucky draw contest. Jeff seemed super lively and I instantly felt comfortable when I looked at her bright and friendly face. On the other hand, Riddhima seemed quiet and subdued. When I shook her hand, she seemed a little afraid, but of what exactly? I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was definitely something fishy about her!

"Okay-time to introduce contestant number five-Vibha Anand!" Raghav said.

I snapped out of my reverie as I heard the name.

Wait a second...no-it couldn't be...or could it? V? She was here?!

I was dumbfounded as I saw a stylishly clad, beautiful girl walking towards me-one I recognized only too well! She was no longer the shy teenager that I had befriended in school! She seemed uber confident and had a gracefulness to her that I was sure others envied!

I immediately walked up to her and said, "V?! Is it really you?"

"Hi M! Yes...it's really me!" She said with a slight smile.

I immediately hugged her at her response. I was seeing her after so long! I'd missed our heart-to heart conversations a great deal!

A few seconds later I withdrew and said. "V? It's been so long...What are you doing here? Scratch that-what have you been doing all these years?"

"You're one to talk...you could've called you know! Anyway, I think we'll need a long time to catch up, so how about we do it later? We shouldn't keep the rest of the contestants waiting..." She said brightly.

"Definitely!" I said, giving her a genuine smile, something I thought I'd forgotten how to do.

She nodded slightly and then went to take her place next to the other contestants. Inaaya seemed very disinterested by her entry but the other girls gave her smiles in order to greet her.

Wow! I guess the showrunners had really done their homework when it came to selecting the contestants! I never expected such a blast from the past! One question was still bothering me though-V definitely didn't need money! Her family was extremely rich! So what was she doing here?

"So let's welcome contestant number six-Soha Khurana!" Raghav shouted.

I shifted my attention towards the entrance once more as I saw a girl walking towards me. Soha Khurana-why did that name seem so familiar?

As she drew closer, I realized why! She was the wealthy industrialist- Avinash Khurana's daughter. I'd seen her pictures in the paper! What was she doing here? Until now, I'd only found one contestant who would be interested in my proposal! That wasn't exactly ideal! I needed more options!

As I looked at her face, I noticed that she had gone into a dreamlike trance...was it the nervousness of facing the camera for the first time? Or was it because of my irresistible good looks?

I smirked at the second thought. Well, you might think that I was being too arrogant, but I often tended to have that effect on women.

I gradually extended my hand towards her and said, "Hi Soha...nice to meet you!"

She ignored my hand completely and instead flung her arms around me, engulfing me in hug. I was slightly taken aback by the gesture and patiently waited for her to let me go.

It seemed like an eternity before she let me go and I immediately adjusted my blazer.

"Oh my god! I can't tell you how good it is to finally get to meet you in person! To touch you..." She said, as she trailed her hands along my shoulders and chest.

Normally I'd be enjoying this, but there was something creepy about her that I couldn't put my finger on...she seemed weirdly clingy.

"Um..." I tried to get her attention, by removing her hands from my shoulder.

"Oh! Sorry! Just making sure those broad shoulders are real!" She said with an awkward laugh.

I just smiled in return, and she seemed to grudgingly move away from me as Raghav escorted her to the place where the rest of the contestants were standing.

As Raghav returned to his original position, he said. "So let's have contestant number seven-Nandini Murthy!"

As I tried to shrug off the feeling of discomfort that Soha had brought about, I watched a petite figure walking towards me.

As she came closer, I realized how truly tiny she was!

Was she even old enough to be here? Because she looked like she was still in high school!

Not to say that she wasn't attractive though! She was dressed in a floor length white gown, which enhanced her angelic appearance.

She had beautiful long tresses that nearly extended to her waist. Unlike most of the other girls who were swathed in makeup, all she'd used was a bit of kohl to highlight her already striking doe eyes.

And her lips...they were the most plump and kissable ones I'd seen in a long time!

However, the thing that was most unique about her was a sort of childlike innocence which I'd hitherto not observed in any other contestant.

She had a neutral expression on her face as she stood right in front of me. She barely reached an inch above my shoulders even though I could tell that she was wearing heels.

Her short height suddenly seemed very adorable and amusing to me and I smiled to myself.

When I looked at her, she gave me a mild frown, as if she had understood what I was thinking.

"Hi Nandini...I'm Manik." I said brightly as I extended my hand to shake hers.

Instead of shaking my hand, she just lifted her right palm and gave a slight wave before muttering a cold. "Hello."

Before I could say anything else, she turned on her heels and started walking towards the rest of the contestants.

I didn't know whether to laugh at her behaviour or feel insulted by it!

So she wanted to play hard-to-get, huh? She really thought that she could resist my charm?!

I'd met a few women like her, and pursuing them had always been more fun than those who fawned over me senselessly. However...eventually, all of them caved...all of them!

So why should she be any different?

As these thoughts were swirling in my head, Raghav's cartoonish voice got me back to the present, even though my eyes were still fixed on Nandini.

"So our next contestant is extra special! The producers have kept her identity an absolute secret! So, let's see who she is! Can we have the last contestant please?" Raghav said.

I was still standing with my back towards the entrance when I heard the door to the limo open yet again, and a pair of footsteps touch the ground.

As soon as I heard the clicking of the heels that accompanied the footsteps, I froze.

That rhythmic tapping of her heels, her unmistakable gait-it had been a whole two years since I'd last heard it, yet it was still fresh in my memory.

I turned around slowly, dreading the confirmation of my suspicions.

And then, I saw her...

She hadn't changed one bit! She had the same impeccable sense of style, the same milky and flawless skin, the same winning smile that drove all men crazy, the same figure that all other girls envied, the same soft pair of lips that I'd kissed ever so often...

An uncontrollable amount of rage and resentment began to bubble through me as I studied her closely!

What the fuck was my ex-girlfriend Alya Saxena doing here?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.9K 8.7K 37
The beautiful cover is made by @AutumnHymns. Nandini Murty - One of the best Bollywood singer with an aim of spreading I pop overall the world. She...
477K 37.4K 57
Its a story of a billionaire boy name manik malhotra who fall in love with nandini moorthy. She is beautiful but he is also handsome hunk of the coll...
1M 54.2K 50
Manik malhotra who have lost everything. Who didn't know what is warmth of mother, who didnt know how it feels when father gives you all blessings...
103K 4.5K 15
Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy once loved each other crazily, but one day a misunderstanding took place and they both got separted. But after 3 ye...