𝗈𝗅đ–Ŋ 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 | toget...

By babixdoll

i didn't say 'i love you' to hear it back, i said it to make sure you knew. (previously titled 'in this toget... More

TOGETHER.
OPENING CREDITS.
THE PLAYLIST. 𝗉𝗈𝗏: đ–ŧđ–ē𝗇'𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉 đ–ģ𝗎𝗍 đ–ŋđ–ē𝗅𝗅 đ–ŋ𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗂𝗆
AESTHETICS.
ACT I.
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
ACT II.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
ACT III.
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
ACT IV.
Chapter Fifty-Seven
NEW VERSION

Chapter Ten

3.1K 76 3
By babixdoll

"Crash Course in Polite Conversation"

"Hey Brooke, hey Bree, hey Rake Boy." Mr. Sawyer said from Peyton's computer screen, when the three teenagers walked into the young blondes bedroom. Brielle had told the Sawyer girl that she had to go in for a shift at the cafe, so Peyton invited them all over early in the morning so that the Davis girl wouldn't be late to work. The older brunette girl looked over at Lucas and raised an eyebrow at the nickname, and then just laughed. Larry Sawyer had given him the nickname because he walked into the Sawyer house with one, and was basically going to take the person in peyton's house to death until he found out that it was her father.

The blonde turned around from her computer too see the three of them walking into her room. "Papa Peyton, the scruffy thing's working for you." The younger Davis told him, and her sister laughed slightly. Brooke had always thought that Larry was good looking, and Brielle had to agree that was, but she wasn't into that kind of thing as much as her little sister was.

"What are you guys doing up so early?" He asked.

"Well, I'm going to work soon, but Peyton asked us. .-" Brielle was saying until Peyton jumped in.

"Oh. . no, you know what? You'll find out when you get home." The blonde told her father.

"Not even a little hint?" He asked.

The Blonde shock her head. "Not even. I love you." She said, and the Davis sisters waved at him, as he smiled at his daughter then at them.

"You better, love you too, honey." He said, and then the blonde ended the call, turned off her camera, and then spun on her chair to face her friends.

"So, what's this big surprise?" The older Davis sister asked.

"I need your help with something." Peyton said, as she picked up her leather jacket. "Come on." The blonde said, as she walked out of her bedroom. The three teenagers stood there for a few moments, exchanging confused looks, and then they followed that blonde out.

Once they had made it outside of the house, the blonde lead her friends over to her driveway. There was something under a cream colored cover, which Brielle assumed was a car. The blonde then pulled the cover off, which revealed a red car underneath it.

"Damn. . that's nice." The Scott said, as he whistled which caused the older Davis girl to roll her eyes. She didn't understand why boys liked cars so much. "This your dad's?"

Peyton nodded her head. "Yeah. He hasn't driven it in over a year, though." Peyton responded to Lucas' question. "Do you think you can get it to run?"

"Of course he can. And he's gonna look good doing it too. . in a tight little wife beater, maybe some grease smudges." The younger Davis sister said, as she bit down on her lip, as she stared at her boyfriend. Lucas then walked over to the car and popped open the hood of it.

The blonde looked at her two brunette best friends and smiled. "And I was thinking maybe the two of you could help me wash and wax it." Peyton said.

The younger Davis smiled. "I'm glad to help." She said.

"P. I would totally love to stay and help you. .-" The older Davis girl trailed off as she looked down at her phone, to see what the time was. "-. .but I really should get going to work. I'm really sorry."

The blonde shock her head. "No, don't worry about it. I should have planned this before time, so you could have called off of work." She told her, and the brunette girl smiled as she rapped her arms around her best friend.

"This is a great thing. . what you are doing for your dad." She said, and then she turned to walk away from her friends. "Have fun guys." She yelled back at them. She know that spending time with her friends, washing and waxing the car would have been fun.

But she needed money more, for her daughter.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Good morning, sir. Table or counter." Brielle asked, when an elderly man walked into the cafe. She was at a table by the door, as she cleared it, and Hakey was stood behind the counter.

"Um, actually, I'm looking for Karen." The man informed her.

"Oh. Well, she actually in Italy right now. Cooking school." She told him, as she picked up her cloth and put it into her apron.

When she turned around to look at who she was talking to, and then she raised an eyebrow slightly in confusion. She required the man, but she could think where she had seen him before.

"Good for her." The man said with a smile on his face. "How's that boy of her's doing?" He asked, and she raised an eyebrow up in curiosity, as to how he could have known who Lucas and Karen were.

"Lucas is doing good. She calls in every once in awhile, would you like me to leave her a message?" She asked. The man looked sad, that Karen wasn't here for him to see.

The man shock his head. "No, that's all right. I'll just catch her the next time I'm passing through." He told the young girl, who nodded her head.

The man looked the girl over, and realized who she was, and then he wanted to get out of there as quickly as he could, so he turned and started to leave.

"Okay. Can I tell her who stopped by, Mr. .-" The Davis girl trailed off, hoping that the man would fill in the blank.

The man turned around to look at her. "Just an old friend." He said, and then he turned back around and walked out of the cafe. The brunette turned around and walked over to the counter and Haley gave her a questioning look.

"Who was that?" She asked.

The Davis girl shrugged her shoulders while she took a seat on one of the stools. "I'm not actually sure, but I swear I have seen him before. He was asking about Luke and Karen, said he was an old friend, but refused to give a name when I asked." She said.

"Strange." The James girl said.

The Davis girl nodded her head. "Very strange." She said, and then she watched Deb walk out of the back, so she got up from the stool and walked into the back.

"Brielle." But as she did she heard Deb call her name, so she turned around and walked over to her.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"How's the baby?" Deb asked her. She was slightly mad when Nathan told her that the two were going to have a baby, but she slowly warmed up to the idea, because she loved Brielle and she know that she made her son happy, even if they weren't together. Dan on the other hand was mad, and told her that she was ruining his life, and that she should get rid of it. He even off to pay to have it done, but both her and Nathen refused to have that happen.

"She's doing great." The Davis girl informed, as she rubbed her belly with a smile on her face. "She started kicking the other week."

"Aww, that's cute. I remember when Nathan first kicked." Deb informed her, and the Davis girl smiled.

"I'll talk to you later about the baby. I just gotta finish my shift first." The brunette said, and the woman nodded her head.

The brunette turned around and started walking. "Your good for him, you know that." Deb said while the girl walked away, and the Davis girl smiled ot herself as she looked over her shoulder at the woman.

"Thank you."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"So, this dinner tonight is gonna be pretty bad, huh?" Brielle asked Nathan, as the two walked the streets of Tree Hill. The Scott boy had gotten to the cafe just as the brunette had gotten off of work, and he was telling her how his grandparents were in town, and how they wanted to have a dinner party for Dan.

As it was his birthday.

Nathan nodded his head. "A massacre. Well, you know that my grandma's okay, and you know that my grandpa's pretty intense." He told her, and she nodded her head. She had only met his grandparents about three or four times, but she didn't really remember who they are.

"Scary night for you then." She said with a laugh, and he nodded his head.

"Yeah. You should come tonight. Maybe it'll make everybody behave." He said, and she laughed, but the laugh was more of a nervous one. She could handle having dinner with Dan and Deb, even when Dan brings up the whole baby thing, but she didn't know if she could handle having dinner with his whole family. Especially with his grandparents not knowing she was pregnant.

And she remembered how both of them were.

His grandfather was just like Dan, and would probably tell her that she has ruined his grandson's life. As for his grandmother, she would like the idea of having a great-grandchild but she would what them to be married by the time that the baby was here.

But she know that if Nathan really wanted her there, that she would push through it all just for him.

"Well, if you really want me to come. . I'll go for you." She said.

The Scott boy shock his head. "No, I wasn't serious. I wouldn't put you though any if that." He told her, and she smiled at him, knowing that he would force her to go but she could tell that he wanted her to go with him.

"No, it's fine. I mean if you're asking, then of course my answer would be yes." She told him.

"Well, then I'm asking."

"Well, then I'm coming."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

[ Brielle's hair, dress and shoes ]

"Grandpa, Grandma you remember, Brielle?" Nathan asked, as he walked into the Scott house, with Brielle slowly following close behind him. She was really nervous about what they were going to say about them having a baby together. The Davis girl had picked out a nice but casual dress, she figured that a dress was the best way to go, and kinda hoped that if she wear a dress it would show that she is presentable. Brielle eye's widened slightly once she saw who the Scott boy's grandfather was, it was the man from the cafe, and now she know where she had seen him before.

It all suddenly made sense to her, why Royal had been at the cafe early that day, because Lucas was also his grandson. "Oh, Brielle." He said, and she could tell that she remembered who see was.

"Hi."

"It's nice to see you again." He said, as he held out his hand and she placed her hand into his and shock it slightly. Obviously, they had met before but they could very well hug, that would just be weird.

"It's nice to see you again, as well, Mr. Scott." She said, as they let go of one another's hand, and then he turned to look at Nathan.

"Nathan, you're looking more and more like your old man every day. We all know where he gets his good looks, don't we?" He told his grandson, who smiled at him.

Brielle slowly undid the bottoms on her black coat, so that she could take it off. "Here, let me take that for you." Nathan politely said, as he helped that girl take off of her jacket, and then he hung up.

May, Nathan's grandmother, looked up from organizing the table and her eyes widened when she saw that the young brunette was with child. "Your having a baby?" The elderly woman blurted out and everyone looked at her shock.

"Grandma." Nathan said.

"No, it's fine. Yeah I am." Brielle informed Nathan's, grandparents. Royal didn't seem surprised as he had seen her earlier that day, but has for May she was completely shocked.

"Who's the father?" May asked.

The Davis girl took a deep breath and went to say, but Nathan beat her to it. "I am." He said, and his grandmother looked at him with shock in her eyes. "And no we not together, we are taking our relationship slow. And we will not be talking about the baby tonight, thank you."

"Very well then. Come on in. You can sit next to me, honey." Royal said, as he pulled out the sit that was beside him.

"Thank you." The Davis girl said, as she took a sit, and Nathan sat down the other side of her.

"I'll get it."

"Good evening everybody. Sorry I'm late." Whitey said, as he walked into the house. Brielle felt slight relief when she know that she wasn't the only one that was a guest tonight. But Whitey had a slight advantage, Nathan's uncle Keith and grandparents know him a lot more then they did her.

He had a long history with them.

"Glad you came?" Nathan asked her, as he placed his hand on her thigh.

"Yeah." She said, as she placed her hand onto his, and rapped her fingers round his hand, before she leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"So, how's that team doing this year, Whitey?" Nathan's grandfather asked, and Brielle rolled her eyes because she remembered that Royal was more obsessed with basketball than Dan was.

A lot more.

And she could tell that the whole night was going to by them all talking about basketball, because that's all the Scott man ever did.

"Oh. . we're still undefeated, actually. Dad, you still rooting for Magic these days?" Dan asked.

"Please, no talk of sports until after dinner, okay?" Nathan's grandmother said, and the Davis girl agreed with her. She wanted to talk about anything other than basketball for once in her life.

"Good idea, mom. I'm sorry." Dan said.

"Well, Nathan, what are you averaging theses days? You know, your dad had 27 and a half a game. You beat that yet?" Royal asked, and Brielle rolled her eyes, because his wife asked nicely if they could not talk about sports.

"Royal, we just. .-" He cut his wife off.

"-. .I'm asking the boy a question, May." He told his wife.

"Uh, well, maybe you should ask the old man." Nathan said, trying to avoid the conversation, and passing it onto his father, and everyone in the room change their attention to Dan.

"Uh, 24 points a game, I think, isn't it?" Dan asked.

"So, 24 a game? You know, you're gonna have to get that up if you're gonna beat the old man. Yeah, your dad's star. . would have risen through the roof at Carolina. . if it hadn't been for that damn knee of his. How are your knees?" Royal asked.

"No worries." The Scott boy answered.

"Oh, he's got great knees." Brielle said, not even realized what she had said, but she she did she placed her hand on her forehead and looked away from everyone with embarrassment. Everyone looked at the young girl and started to laugh at her commet, which made her feel less embarrassed.

"Of course, now, Danny takes after his old man. You know, never let adversity stop him. Too bad Keith takes after his mother's side of the family." Royal said.

"Lucky for him." May said.

"I'd drink to that, but I got to get a refill." Keith said.

"Well, I should see about the cake." May said.

"I'll go do that, Mrs. Scott." The Davis girl said, and then she looked at Nathan. "Want to come?" She asked, looking down at Nathan, even him a look as to say, this is our change to escape.

"Yeah. . yeah, the cake right." He said, as the two of them got up out of their seats at the table and made their way into the kitchen. Once they weren't near the adults Brielle let out a deep breath that she didn't even know that she was holding in.

"I warned you it was gonna be intense." Nathan said.

"Oh, no, it's insane in there." She said, she wished that she had ended up gi back to Peyton's house to help her and her sister out with washing and waxing the car, but at the same time she was glad that she had decided to come with Nathan so that he wasn't going through any of that alone.

"You know, there's a door right there. We could sneak out. Nobody would even notice." He said, and she honestly thought about it for a few moments. She thought about just leaving the madness and going to spend the rest of the night with Nathan, they were all to caught up with one another, they wouldn't even know that they were missing.

"Now, that's a tempting offer. . but, uh, odd question how often do your grandparents come to town?" She asked, as she played with he icing trying her best to not look Nathan in the eyes, because she never told him about Royal's little visit to the cafe.

"A couple of time a year, you know that. Wait why?" He asked her, but she didn't say a word and just nodded her head. "Bree, you got that look."

"What look?" Brielle asked.

"The look you get, when you wanna tell me something but you don't really wanna tell me." He said, and she smiled slightly to herself. She liked that Nathan know the little things about her, and how he could pick up on her looks.

"Hey, no I do not. . and besides you shouldn't know that look." She said, and he chuckled, before he laid his hand on her lower back.

"Well, I do, and you have it, so spill." He asked.

"Well, I was working my shift at Karen's Cafe, your grandfather came in, he was looking for Karen." She told him.

The Scott boy looked down at her surprised at the news that he had just gotten, she just hoped that he wasn't mad or upset that she told him. "He did?" He asked.

She nodded her head lightly. "Yeah. I guess the two of them have been keeping in touch." She said.

"Does Lucas know?" He asked.

Brielle shrugged her shoulders at him. "I don't know, I didn't talk to him about it. I'm assuming ye doesn't, and has never met him. But your grandfather did ask about him." She said, and Nathan sighed. She didn't think that he was upset or mad, just confused by it.

"That doesn't make any sense. My grandpa acts like my dad's the Second Coming. Why would he visit Karen?" He asked.

"Don't take this the wrong way. . but maybe the two have really been staying in touch all these years. I am mean it would make sense, Dan got her pregnant first, so Lucas is technically his first grandchild. I don't know, if that's what's actually going on, but it does kinda make sense, you know?" She said.

Nathan nodded his head. "Yeah, it kinda does." He said.

"I really don't wanna start anything, Nate. I'm just telling you because you seem to have my looks down. I really don't wanna lie or keep things from you." She said, and he smiled at her as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. She then rested her head on his chest.

"You know what? My family's so screwed up. . nothing new would make a difference. Don't worry about it." He said, before his kissed her on the top of her head.

"You ready to go back out there?"

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

They all sung happy birthday to Dan, as he blow out the candles on his cake, after he finished blowing them out they all clapped. May started to ask a few questions about the baby and what they were going to do when their daughter was here. But truth be told, they didn't really know. They had brought everything that a baby need, but they weren't sure if Brielle and the baby would live at her house, or if they would move in with Nathan, or if they would even get a place of their our. After they finished they all sat in silence for a few minutes before Royal turned to look at his grandson. "So, Nate, how's the game this year?" He asked.

Brielle looked over at May and noticed that she had rolled her eyes at her husband. "Here we go again." She mumbled.

Royal looked across at his wife. "Just cover your ears, May. I just want to know how my grandson's doing on the team." He told his wife, and when Nathan didn't say anything to him, Dan did.

"I already told you, Dad." He said.

"No, you didn't. You didn't tell me jack. And, every time I mention it, you change the damn subject. Now, will somebody around here tell me what's going on? Nathan? Whitey? Anybody?" Royal asked, as he looked around the room. Under the table, Brielle placed her hand into Nathan's, and intertwined their fingers.

"Nathan, I think you better take this one." Whitey said.

The Scott boy sighed as he looked over at his grandfather, squeezing his best hand a little. "I quit the team, alright?" Nathan told his grandfather. Royal look at his grandson, with a face that showed that he was sure how to process the information that he had just been given.

"You quit the. . what do you mean you quit the team?" Royal asked.

"He didn't quit the team. He's just taling some time off." Dan said, once again lying to his father, and Brielle shock her head.

"Yes. . yes he did. Stop lying. Nathan makes his own damn decisions and he chose to quit, and walk away from the game." Brielle said.

Deb nodded her head in agreement with the young girl. "Like, Brielle said, he not taking a break. Please, stop lying, Dan." She said.

"Were you were gonna tell me this? That's a hell of a thing to keep to yourself." Royal said and the Davis rolled her eyes. He was acting like Nathan had quit years ago and never told him, but Royal was never really in town so it's not like Nathan could just call him up and tell him he did.

"Yeah, you're one to talk." Nathan snapped, and Brielle's eyes widened as she looked over at him, she was hoping that he wasn't about to bring up what she had told him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Royal snapped back.

"I know you visit Karen at the cafe, alright? What's that about?" Nathan snapped, and the brunette sighed as she slowly let go of her best friend's hand.

"Nathan." She whispered quietly.

"That's none of your damn business." He snapped, at his grandson before he looked at the Davis girl sat beside him. "Seems, that your knocked up little girlfriend here has got a big mouth."

The Davis girl looked at the ground, feeling embarrassed and ashamed of herself. But it wasn't like they had planned to have a kid, these things just happened. Nathan tried to stay calm so that he didn't get up and punch him for what he had just said about Brielle. "You shut up, Grandpa." He snapped, and the Davis girl smiled at the fact that he was defending her.

"Don't you talk to me like that!"

"Back off, Royal. I've had enough of your crap. Nathan is not the problem, and neither is Brielle." Deb said defending her son and the Davis girl. She loved the Davis girl like she was family, and one she hoped she would officially be family, but not any time soon.

"Would someone please explain?" Brielle heard May's quite yet gentle voice say over all of the yelling. The Davis girl noticed that Keith and Whitey had stayed quiet the whole.

"Dan has been riding Nathan for the past six years about that game." Deb said.

"Deb, stop." Dan order.

"Well, the hell should she?" Brielle snapped at Dan, and everyone looked at her shocked. "For as long as I have known Nathan you have been pursuing him about this stupid game. . the game is supposed to be fun, and yet you suck all of the fun out of it. He had to take performance enhancements so that he could try and live up to your ridiculous standards. . he nearly died because of it, and you didn't even care, you only cared about the stupid scouts finding about what happened."

Nathan reached under the table and grabbed the Davis girl's hand in his and squeezed it, letting her know that he was thankful for what she had just done. The night that Nathan spent with her after it had happened, he had told her that when he woke up Dan didn't ask if he was okay, or anything. He just told him that the scouts could never find out about his, and then went and had an argument with a doctor. Royal and May looked appalled at their son after what Brielle had said.

"Drugs?" Royal asked.

"Until he had to be rushed to the hospital. Like Brielle said he could have died, because of this insane pressure to put a ball through a hoop. But none of this is my son's fault, Royal. It's your son's." Deb told him.

Nathan's grandmother looked over at her son with disappointment, and Brielle could feel the disappointment from when she was sat. "Danny, you of all people? How are you. You know how you hated it when your daddy bullied you to be better." May said, and Dan looked away from her before looking back at her.

"I never bullied him!" Royal snapped.

"And when you wanted a way out, I gave you one. All these years, I protected you. I lied for you. And now you're going ths same thing to your son?" May said, and then Brielle realized what was about to happen.

May was about to expose Dan for something that had happened along time ago.

"What lie? What are you talking about?" Royal asked, looking between his wife and youngest son. Brielle sat back in her chair, as she felt Nathan intertwine their fingers together.

"In college, his knee injury. . it wasn't permanent. Danny quit, and I helped him." May told him, and the Davis girl watched as the shock appeared on everyone's face. Now, that wasn't something that any of them expected, not even the Davis girl.

"What do you mean he quit?" Royal asked.

"It's not like that, dad." Dan said, while shaking his head, and the Davis girl immediately know that the woman was telling the truth. It was clear that Dan didn't want to disappoint his father, even now, when he is a grow man. Brielle told it was crazy, how Dan hadn't being treated that way by his father, and yet he went and did it to Nathan anyways.

"Oh stop it, Dan. It's time the truth came out." May said.

"Well somebody the me what in the hell is going on here?" Royal asked.

"You were on the road when Danny hurt his knee. So we lied." May said, looking right at her husband, who turned at looked at his son, with eyes full of disappointment.

"You told me it was a degenerative knee condition." Royal said.

"It was dad. . it was. .-" Dan said.

"You looked me in the eye, and you told me that." Royal said,totally ignoring what his son had to say to him. He know that the words that were gonna come out of his mouth, were just going to be a load of lies.

"Don't you see, Royal? He was never going to be the star that you wanted him to be. You just couldn't see that. The boy had two choices; to fail in front of you or to quit. Either way, he lost." May said.

"So you just quit. . without even being man enough to own up to it." Royal said.

"There's more to the story, Dad." Dan said, but Royal had had enough and didn't want to hear anymore of it. The man stood up from his seat, that was beside Brielle, and she could feel the anger that he had radiating off of him. "You don't know the whole story!" Dan exclaimed, but his father didn't want to hear any of it.

"I've had enough!" Royal snapped, walking off.

"Me too. Come on, Bree, I'll take you home." Nathan said, and Brielle nodded her head as the two of the got up from the table, and then she looked at Deb and May.

"Thank for having me, and for dinner." Brielle thanked, and they both smiled and her, and she smiled back before she followed Nathan out.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Sorry you had to see that." Nathan apologised, as he and Brielle walked up the path to her red front door. She knew that Brooke was still out with Lucas and Peyton, at Peyton's house, but she hadn't heard from any of them in awhile. So, she was gonna give one of them a call to find out if everything was okay.

"No, don't worry about it. It helped he realize why you are so screwed up." The Davis girl said.

Nathan sighed as he leaned against one of the white pillars that were outside of the girl's front door. "You know, growing up. . there were certain things that were just carved in stone. And the main one was that Dan Scott would have been a pro. . if he didn't blow put his knee. So, allt his time, he's been feeding me this line of crap. . about how great he would have been. And how I'd never be as good as him." He said.

"Bastard."

"At least you know the truth, now, right?" She asked.

"I just don't know what to do with it." He said, and she nodded. Natha gave her a weak smile as he pushed himself off of the pillar, and she took a few steps closer to him and wrapped her arms around him. The Scott boy relaxed under the girls touch, and wrapped his arms around her neck and pulled her close to him.

And they just stood there holding one another, for a few moments.

"Okay, goodnight." She said, stepping back.

"Goodnight, Bree." Nathan said, and then he placed a hand on her baby bump and she smiled at him.

"And goodnight to you, little one." He said, and then they both felt the baby kick, which cause them both to let put a happy laugh.

"I love you too, baby." He said.

"Hey, I'm here if you need me, alright?" She said, as she leaned up and kissed his cheek, and he nodded his head. She turned towards her front door and grabbed her keys from her bag, and once she had gotten the door open she went to walk in, but Nathan's voice stopped her.

"Hey remember how I said 'my family's so screwed up, nothing new would make a difference?" He asked her, and she lightly nodded her head.

"Yeah." Brielle said.

"I was wrong. You and our daughter make a difference."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

The next morning, Brielle was sat at her desk writing an English paper that she had to finish off. She managed to get a hold of her sister and find out what had been happ while she was at dinner. Her twin, told her that a really bad hurricane had it, and that their best friend had gotten a call saying that they had found a body and Peyton had to go and see if it was her father. So, Brooke stayed at Peyton's, while the blonde and Lucas went to go and see if it was him.

Which thankfully it wasn't.

Which was a relief for Brielle, considering that Larry was their her's and Brooke's second father, since their actual one never found the time to be around them that often. The younger Davis town decided to spend the night at Peyton's so that she would be there when Peyton and Lucas got back.

"Hey." She heard a boys voice, and when she looked over her shoulder she saw her best friend walking into her bedroom, and she gave him a smile before turning back to her computer.

"Hey."

"Grandma's making breakfast. Show starts at 9:00. You in?" The Scott boy asked, as he took a sit on the girls bed.

"Tempting offer." The Davis girl said, as she spun around on her chair to face him. "But, as much fun as last night was. .-" She trailed off, as she put her hands on her baby bump. "-. .I think we are going to sit this one out."

"Hey. I've been thinking, now that you know the truth about your father. . you're free, now right? I mean he has been lying to you your whole life. You don't have to listen to him anymore. There's no more pressure." She said.

"Yeah. I wish that were true."

The Davis girl raised an eyebrow up in confusion. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"My dad walked away, and his father will never forgive him for that. I have to go back." Nathan said, and she sighed as she shock her head. She didn't see why he would care if Dan never forgave him for walking away, it was his life he could do what ever she wanted.

"Nathan, it's your life. . you are free to do what you want, and be who you want. So, who cares what Dan thinks, and who cares if he'll never forgive you? If you want to walk away and be done with basketball then you should that. Don't go back to make him happy." She said.

"I have to beat him, Brielle. It's the only way I'm ever gonna be free of my dad. And I couldn't care less about if he would ever forgive me or not. I couldn't never forgive myself if I walked away from it." And with that.

He got up and let her bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

745K 27.4K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
19K 321 28
Dahlia Jenkins thought she had her whole life figured out she had planned everything that she wanted to do during her last days in high school and he...
82.8K 1.4K 19
𝘌𝘴𝘮đ˜Ļ 𝘉đ˜Ēđ˜ĸđ˜¯đ˜¤đ˜Šđ˜Ē 𝘩đ˜ĸđ˜Ĩ đ˜°đ˜¯đ˜Ļ 𝘱𝘭đ˜ĸđ˜¯ đ˜ĩ𝘩đ˜Ē𝘴 𝘴đ˜ļ𝘮𝘮đ˜Ļđ˜ŗ. 𝘔đ˜ĸđ˜Ŧđ˜Ļ đ˜Ēđ˜ĩ đ˜ĩ𝘩đ˜Ļ đ˜Ŗđ˜Ļ𝘴đ˜ĩ đ˜°đ˜¯đ˜Ļ đ˜ēđ˜Ļđ˜ĩ 𝘸𝘩đ˜ĸđ˜ĩ đ˜Ļ𝘭𝘴đ˜Ļ đ˜Ĩ𝘰 đ˜ē𝘰đ˜ļ đ˜Ļ𝘹īŋŊ...
248K 7.3K 83
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...