A Beautiful Disaster {Roman R...

By spndarling

Joe and Charlotte were college sweethearts but an unexpected surprise causes them to break up. 6 years later... More

A BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
• Prologue •
Chapter 1 | Youth
Chapter 2 | Isn't She Lovely
Chapter 3 | Fame
Chapter 4 | Bigger Picture
Chapter 5 | I Wanna Be Where You Are
Chapter 6 | The Awkward Moment
Chapter 7 | 1986
Chapter 8 | One In A Million
Chapter 9 | Unthinkable
Chapter 10 | Disrespectful
Chapter 11 | Date Night
Chapter 12 | Roman Empire
Chapter 13 | Bullshit
Chapter 14 | Don't Forget About Us
Chapter 15 | Sorry
Chapter 16 | We Belong Together
A BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
I need help?
Chapter 2 | The Weekend
Chapter 3 | The Wedding
Chapter 4 | Make Love
Chapter 5 | Countdown
Chapter 6 | Higher Calling
Chapter 7 | Taken
Chapter 8 | I Found You
Chapter 9 | Remedy
Chapter 10 | Perfect Duet
Chapter 11 | Forever
Epilogue

Chapter 1 | The Rest Of Our Lives

3.6K 127 6
By spndarling

01. THE REST OF OUR LIVES

• • • • • •

JOE

It's been two amazing years since Charlotte and I got back together and to be honest, we've grown so much. It's been healthier and greater than before and a lot of things have happened in the last two years, great things actually with no drama from nobody, not even my dad.

It all started when Charlotte audition for a lead part in a Broadway musical which she got and is now nominated for a Tony Award. I've had my ups and downs, lose Wrestlemania 31 but that didn't stop me from becoming the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

For Alex, she's been doing great, happy to see her parents togather. Speaking of me and Charlotte, I couldn't be even more in love or happier with Charlotte. And now I knew, well I always knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and make her my wife. 

So today, I gathered up her family to asked them a very important question. 

"So what's up, Joe. Why did you call all of us here?" Tiara asked. I cleared my throat while scratching the back of my head. 

"Oh well," I started a little bit more nervous.

"Omg, are you gonna propose to Charlotte?" Mrs. Thompson asked and the family looked at me with wide eyes.

"Well, um yes. You know I love Charlie very much and I want to spend the rest of my life with her and make her my wife but before I asked her, I wanted to ask her family first...so....." I trailed off and Mr. Thompson cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, I don't know if I want her to marry someone like you, Joe," Mr. Thompson said with a shrug. 

"Yeah, me neither" Tiara agreed as the rest nodded. I looked at them with "sad" eyes until they all started bursted out laughing which made me frown.

"We're kidding" Tiara laughs. 

"Yeah, we are only kidding Joe. I mean we've always wanted the best for Charlotte. We want her to be loved and happy, and she gets all that and more with you" Mrs. Thompson says with a smile.

"Yeah, I hope so," I told them honestly. 

"Well, it's true. Joe. I see the way my daughter looks at you, you make her so happy and you're such a great father to Alex. We give you, our blessing" Mr. Thompson says with a smile.

"Thank you, that means a lot to hear from you," I said with a smile. 

"You're welcome, future son in law" He laughs and I laugh with him.

"So do you get a ring to cause my sister, she is so out with that kinda stuff," Tiara asked. 

I nodded, shifted into my pocket to reveal a dark red box. I opened it, Tiara and Mrs. Thompson gasped at the ring.

"Oh my damn, she's going...." Mrs. Thompson stated.

"Freaking love it, that's so beautiful" Tiara finished, I closed the box. Their house phone starts ringing and Mr. Thompson went to get but before he did, he said this.

"Well done, Joe. I'll be right back!" Mr. Thompson gave me a thumbs up with a smile over his shoulder entering into the kitchen.

"So um...ladies...I was wondering do you all have any ideas on something special I could do for her, it since I'm all out of ideas. I've done everything special in my book with her" I asked, started biting my nails which got the two ladies smirking.

"I think we can come up with a great idea," Tiara says patting me on back.

• • • • • •

CHARLOTTE

"You ready, baby?" I heard Joe ask me from the living room.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, impatient!" I exclaimed, grabbing my purse. 

"Wow, you look sexy", I chuckled biting my lip as I saw him. Joe was wearing a pair of dark shorts and a button-up shirt.

"You look beautiful," He says, kissing me for a few moments.

"Well, it did take me about an hour to figure what to wear since my amazing boyfriend wouldn't tell me where we are gong. So I just decided on casual spring dress and wedges" I said, rolling my eyes. 

Joe grows a smile on his face. "I love you and you'll see, it's a surprise. Now come on" he says, grabbing my hand. When we got in the car, I could swear he was suddenly nervous by the way he was fiddling with the car keys before he put them in the .

"Um, babe are you okay?" I asked when he finally drove the car out of the driveway. Joe looked at me for a moment before nodding his head a couple of times.

The fact that he didn't say a word during the whole drive was really suspicious. He wasn't always this quiet when we were in the car together but it was obvious that something else was in his head and that something was really getting to his nerves. Finally, he stopped the car and signaled me to get out.

"The Sunken Garden?" I asked, confused. I mean I've always wanted an adventure in the gardens but not on a date night, I mean like a family trip but let me stop complaining and just see how it goes. 

"Yeah, you told me you wanted to come here right?" He asked. 

"Yeah, but I meant like you, me and Alex as a family but it's okay! Are we really going walking?" I asked looking at him as he took my hand.

"Yes," Joe says, rubbing my hand in circles with his thumb. "uh okay!"

"Let's go" He smiles.

• • • • • •

"Leati Joseph Anoa'i, why the hell have we been walking for so long? I mean my fucking feet hurt from all this damn walking like you could've told me to wear some comfortable shoes, damn" I said, rolling my eyes and rip my wedges off of my feet.

When he didn't answer, I realized that I lost him. "Joe?" I called out his name repeatedly but got no answer until I started hearing a very familiar voice singing.

Eyes wide shut
But deep down I knew you were the one
I was hanging on by a thin, thin thread
'Cause in the past, those who got in my head
But you made it worth it to see what it really could be
And I  

I gasped when I saw two of my close friends/freaking idols, Tyrese and Brandy were under a decorated path while singing my favorite song by them.

I wouldn't trade in the love I've been given
This girl, I promise
It's worth more than diamonds and money couldn't buy it
Now that the past is the end, girl, it's time to begin
The rest of our lives  

I covered my mouth, realizing that they were photos of our loving memories, I walked towards the stage as Tyrese and Brady smiled while I look closely at the pictures, wondering how did Joe get all these old pictures of us.

Someone tapped on my shoulder, I slowly turn around and Joe was right in front of me with his hands behind his back and then I saw all of our family and friends behind him, smiling.

Love just don't come easy
You gotta work hard, you gotta work smart
So when you're done, it's amazing
I smile inside of the love you give to me
And I feel your loyalty
So I give it back daily

I looked up at him with tears started coming down my face. "Joe, I'm sorry I've been complaining, this is the best surprise ever," I said with a happy smile.

"Well, um. This is not the surprise, Charlotte" Joe says, I had no idea what he meant until he got down on one knee.

Boy, it's always been my dream
To raise a family, oh yes it is

"Joe?..." He pulled out a dark red box from his pocket, still not making eye contact with me. 

"Oh my..." I mumbled.

And baby there's no future
Without you here with me, oh
I can't wait for you to have my baby 

"We've been through a lot together and" Joe finally says, looking up at me. 

I wouldn't trade in the love I've been given (no, I wouldn't trade it, baby)

This girl, I promise (just waking up on the side of you is the best part of my day)  

"I'm ready to forget the past and start thinking about our future. Charlotte, you make me feel so loved, happy and amazing. I'm so blessed to god to have such a beautiful, talented, smart and hard-working woman like you who also an amazing ass mother to our beautiful daughter, Alexandria."

"You are everything to me Charlotte, my best friend, my girlfriend, my queen, my lover, my rock, and I want you to be mine for the rest of our lives..." Joe opened the box letting me see the most beautiful ring I had ever see.

We've been through it all (been through it all)
But thank God we made it (yes, we made it baby)
They counted us out (counted us out)
But we're still standing here

"So will you marry me, baby?" He asked.

"YES, YES OH MY GOSH YES I WILL MARRY YOU, BABY!!!" I squealed and Joe smiled, slipping the ring on my finger, he got up off his knee.

"I love you so much" I cried, he wiped away my tears and kissed my cheek. "I love you too, Future Mrs. Anoa'i," Joe says and I pulled him down into the most passionate kiss ever.

We both pulled away as everyone came over to congrats us, Alex was first to run to us with excitement, I showed off my ring to my mom and friends. I was so fucking happy at this moment and I wouldn't trade in the world, I mean I couldn't wait to marry the love of my life.

Now that my heart is yours 

                                  We'll share

The rest of our lives...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 45 11
Jordan has a dream of going into fashion and wants to jumpstart her career as a stylist. She doesn't really have much, but she has enough to get by...
24.1K 769 11
Before he was Roman Reigns, troubled teen Crystal Carter one sidedly fell in love with Joe Anoai but circumstances pulled him away from their hometow...
69.7K 1.6K 42
Wattcelebrityy Winner ©2018 | Best OC × WWE Book What started out as an arranged marriage turned out to be exactly what the other was looking for. An...
6.4M 200K 35
At age 25, Imani Forde doesn't quite know what to do when a house fire makes her lose everything that she has. She isn't sure how she will cope until...