Belief

By Dream_in_Words

{A 5sos story} We spend our lives sorting out our beliefs. Belief leads to high hopes, it leads to dreams, it... More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
Bonus Chapter!
2.6
2.7 (Part 1)
2.7 (part 2)
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1 (Part 2)
3.1 (Part 3)
3.2
3.3
3.4
Little Note From Me (:
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
Bonus Chapter
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9
8.0
hello...or goodbye?
WATTYS 2016
Epilogue.

3.1 (part 1)

4.6K 157 199
By Dream_in_Words

Sorry it took me so long to update I was on vacation! So this chapter is extra long and technically a part 1 (of 2)..enjoy  (:

Maddie's POV

I laid down, sprawled on my bed listening as four aussie accents filled my room. I sat smiling at my radio like an idiot, as if they could somehow see me through the sound waves.

"Thanks for hanging with us this morning boys. Give it up for 5 Seconds of Summer! Their first EP is out today on iTunes!" The radio host ended the interview, songs beginning to cycle again. I turned off my radio, my room now matching the silence that filled the rest of my empty house.

Rolling over to grab my phone, I sat on my bed watching the clock tick and waiting for the signal text that Luke was finally away from the boys. Of course the other three were bombarding my phone with messages about their first interview, but there was only one text that I was waiting for right now.

A few minutes later I got it. Interview went well :-) be over in 20 minutes?

I smiled, replying quickly. Hopping off of my bed, I slipped on my blue, floral, high-waisted skirt with a grey t-shirt tucked into it. My hair hung down to my waist, its natural wavy self, and my lips were coated lightly with a soft pink color.

Running down the steps, I double check to make sure every part of the house was perfectly clean. Walking into the kitchen, I double check the pots I had on the stove. One was nearly bubbling over, yelping I turn it down to a simmer. I barely could make a peanut butter jelly sandwich, yet here I was cooking Luke a birthday lunch.

The table was set with fancy plates I had found in the cupboard, small candles, and my attempt at making animals out of the napkins. They sort of looked like hippos if you squinted hard enough.

Soon enough there was a knock at the front door. I used my socks to slide over, nearly tripping on the not-so-welcoming welcome mat. Opening the door, Luke opened his mouth to say hello, but I didn't give him the chance. My lips found his the second I saw him. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into the house. His lips fell into rhythm with mine, following me into the house. I pull away, shutting the front door. Luke's face had a sly grin, his face slightly heated.

"Happy birthday!" I shout, jumping on his back. Luke laughs, swinging me around to meet him for a hug, resting his chin on my head.

"Thanks shorty," he smiles into my hair.

"Shut up and come here, I made you something," I pull him towards the kitchen eagerly.

"Woah, fancy," Luke walks around the table, brushing his fingers over the lace table cloth before meeting me at the kitchen counter. "I didn't know you could actually cook."

"I can't," I giggle, looking down at the bowl of finished spaghetti with caution. "But I tried, for you," I kiss him on the cheek, making Luke flush red again.

"You look really pretty by the way," he looks to the floor shyly, running the tip of his shoe against the tile floor.

"Thanks," I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. As I begin to mix the salad, Luke wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder. "Good job on the radio this morning," I give him a kiss before pulling away to carry the food to the table. I get halfway before he comes up from behind me and lifts the bowls out of my hands, setting them down for me.

"I hate talking in front of people, it was mostly Ashton talking," Luke shrugs, pulling out my seat for me.

"You were cute and awkward," I wink, ignoring him telling me to shut up as I put spaghetti, a roll, and salad on both of our plates. I twirl the pasta around my fork, taking a bite, but instantly regretting it. "Ew my god," I choke, barely swallowing.

"How the hell do you mess up spaghetti?" Luke laughs, spitting out his own pasta and taking a bite of his roll instead.

"I don't know!" I cover my face. "I just ruined this!"

"No, no you didn't," Luke gets up from his chair and walks over to me, pulling my hands away from my face. "I wasn't hungry anyway," he hovers behind me.

"It was supposed to be special because the present I got you sucks," I groan. My hands struggled to cover my face, but Luke wouldn't let go of them, pinning them in the air.

"I doubt that. I would love anything you gave me," he kissed my cheek, pulling me up out of the chair. I sigh, walking over to the couch and handing him a bag. Luke hopped anxiously like a little boy. He raised his eyebrows, fingers hovering over the tissue paper waiting for me to give him to okay. I just smile and nod, waiting for him to be utterly disappointed.

"IT'S SO BIG!" Luke shouts, pulling out a stuffed animal penguin from the bag, suffocating it in a giant hug.

He actually liked it? Originally, I had planned on getting him concert tickets. I had the whole surprise planned out. I was going to tell him we were going out to eat or something and then I would drive up to the venue and he would be like where are we and then I would show him the tickets for All Time Low and he would smile and kiss me...

But that was all just another hope tossed away, unable to survive the truth of my soon coming departure. There were no concert dates before I left. I had been planning it for a few months too. Just one of the first on the list of things that were about to be ruined.

"I figured everyone needs at least one stuffed animal to cuddle with when they are lonely, and well you didn't have any," I rub my arm nervously, "It's really stupid, I'm sorry."

"It's perfect!" He shouts, his face stuffed into the fluffy penguin stomach. "I can bring it with me to-"

Luke pauses suddenly, lifting his head up, "uh, to backstage and um my room," he coughs, plopping onto the couch with his penguin.

"Now don't go replacing me with him," I joke, sitting on the arm of the couch. Luke pulls away from his penguin, giving me a fake saddened face, puckering his lips into a pout. Placing the doll on the floor, he pulls me over so that I am laying down next to him.

"You will always be my first cuddle buddy," he nuzzles his face into my shoulder. He was such a dork I swear. "The only thing I wanted for my birthday was you anyway," he whispered into the crevice of my neck.

I smile, feeling him smile against my skin. Luke lifts his gaze to meet mine. I never failed to get lost in the deep blue abyss of his stare. Then again, I never try to find my way out. Luke moves his forehead up to touch mine. Slowly, tauntingly slowly, he brought his lips down to touch mine. They barely grazed my lips. As his arm wraps around my waist, he pulls me closer to him, deepening the kiss. I intertwine our legs, running my tongue around his lip ring, earning soft moans from Luke.

*warning semi-first attempt at smut (only third base and its not that bad like I kept it pretty classy) because it was requested a lot so skip over if you don't like that stuff (: *

His hands roam down my sides, landing on my waist and pulling me so that I sat on top of him, my legs on each side of his waist. As his tongue explores my mouth, my hands ran beneath his shirt, pulling it over his head. My shirt soon joined his on the floor.

I began to softly grind my hips against Luke's quickly tightening jeans, his hands moving quickly to my chest, unhooking my bra. As his lips found their way to my chest, I peel of his jeans. Continuing to grind against him, I could feel the result beneath me. His fingers slowly trailed down to my underwear, slipping themselves in. I gasp, only making him pick up speed and hunger.

I place my hand on his arm, halting his movements. His mouth halts, looking up at me questioningly.

"It's your birthday, I should be the one pleasing you," I try to say without being awkward. Luke's widened eyes and hitched breath tell me it worked. I kiss his neck, slowly placing kisses down his body until I reached his boxers. I bit my lip, looking up at him nervously. Luke's eyes were wide and feverish. I trailed my fingers across the hem before slowly pulling his boxers down. Flinging them to the floor, my hands trail up to Luke's length, taking it slowly into my mouth.

I try my best not to blush, being that it was the first time I had ever done this, but looking up, Luke's eyes were screwed shut anyway, biting down hard on his lip. I began to use my hand to reach the places my mouth couldn't.

"Fuck, just like that," Luke let out a moan, his fists gripping the side of the couch. Quickening my pace, Luke couldn't keep quiet anymore. His moans filled the empty house. "To think, I thought you were a good girl," he gasped between heavy breaths. I picked up my speed, until he came undone in my mouth.

His eyes slowly opened, shock and pleasure behind them. Luke guided me up, his lips crashing against mine.

**Okay it's safe to read again hahaha! **

"Happy birthday," I pant, our heated kiss beginning to slow down.

"I told you that you were all I wanted," he breathes into the kiss. "I'd rather get a blowjob than spaghetti any day," he smirks before blushing and hiding his face in my shoulder.

I rest my head against his chest, the beat of his heart echoing through my mind. Luke's fingers traced circles on my head. A few minutes pass before Luke glances at the clock, his body tensing up. "Shit, it's already 4:30! I have to meet the guys at the theater at five!"

I sit up quickly, Luke following me. They had their EP release show tonight. I glance over at him. His face was still partially red, beads of sweat lingering on his forehead, hair flat. I began to giggle as I slipped on my shirt.

"What?" he frowns, struggling to pull on his jeans.

"You are just cute," my eyes search his face, flawless even when it was filled with anxiety. Luke blushed, biting his lip to hide his smile.

He slipped on his shirt, grabbing his penguin off of the floor and cradling it in a big hug. I pouted, making him flash me a smile and pull me in for a hug. His chin was resting on my head. "You're coming to the show, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be backstage after sound check." I had promised Grace that I would watch the concert with her. Despite her horrid friends, she was just like she used to be. At least when it was just us. We went shopping yesterday (which ended with us competing to see who could try on the ugliest outfit and then getting ice cream) and the day before she came over for a Disney movie (during which we both sang along to each song despite severely lacking vocal skills). She stayed over late that night. I had ended up telling her everything about everything whilst we sat eating m&m's and popcorn. She was the only person who now knew every part of the story.

"I should go before the guys freak out on me," Luke rolls his eyes, his arms lingering around me before reluctantly pulling away.

"Wait I made you cupcakes!" I jump, scurrying over to the kitchen. Luke follows me, grabbing my bum on his way over. I pull out a plate of cupcakes with little jimmies on them. They were actually quite cute if I say so myself.

Luke looked at them with caution. "They are good, I promise!" I elbow him, holding one up to him. Instead of taking it from me, he just leans forward to take a bite.

"Whoa, this is actually good," he grins with a mouth full of cupcake. I stick out my tongue, handing him the rest.

"And I wrote you like a card letter thing, but don't read it now because it is corny and mushy," I hand him a small envelope.

"Thanks," he kisses my forehead.

"You need to go!" I glance at the clock. Luke pouts, shaking his head. I just giggle, grabbing all of his stuff and pushing him towards the door. "I will see you in a little."

Luke pouts, leaning up and giving me one last kiss. Walking away he keeps turning back, each time I just laugh and wave him on. If it was this hard to part when I knew I would be seeing him in an hour, how would I be able to leave him for New York?

No, I wouldn't think about that.

Sighing, I shut the door, cleaning up the house. Wiping away any reminisce of happiness this house held until it was barren of any emotion just like the people who dwelled within it.

An hour later, I was dressed in my black skater dress and white converse. I opened the door to the brick walled room backstage. The moment I slipped through the doorway I was lifted off of my feet by a pair of arms around my waist. I suppose this was Ashton's new way of greeting me.

"Hey Maddie!" Calum and Michael shouted past Ashton's giggles. I wave back, half of my body hanging over Ashton's shoulder. I catch sight of Luke. He wiggles his eyebrows at me, smiling. I glance around, none of the boys noticing.

Ashton places me down, leaning close to whisper in my ear. "Are you going to be okay, you know since it is Luke's birthday?" he says so only I can hear.

"Yeah, we are sort of friends now," I remind Ashton. Luke and I decided it was too hard to pretend to hate each other. Gradually we have begun to build up a fake semi-friendship in front of the boys. At least he could look at me without either of us getting paranoid. It still made me feel sick to pretend.

Ashton nodded, giving me a pat, both of us walking over to the rest of the boys.

They were doing their pre-show 'rituals' which was basically nothing and just gave them a reason to run around acting like idiots. Music was blasting around the room. Calum and Ashton were up and dancing. That is, if you consider hip thrusting dancing.

My phone vibrated, Grace was here already. I looked up, now all four boys dancing like idiots in front of me. "Hey, do you guys mind if I bring my friend back here?"

First a look of shock crossed their faces, apparently unaware that I had other friends besides them. Ashton was frowning. "It's a girl," I add hopefully. At once, each of their demeanors change.

"Sure, send her back," Ashton's face floods with relief.

"Is she hot?" Calum raises his eyebrows. I roll my eyes before giving him a push, walking out to get Grace.

She was standing by herself near the front door, smiling and waving when she caught sight of me.

"Want to come backstage?" I greet her with a hug. It was nice to have her back.

"You mean...with the band?" Grace stutters, freezing in place.

"Yeah," I start the laugh as she squeals, jumping up and down. "You know they are just normal guys, right?"

"Yeah, of course, of course, for now at least," she repeats trying to calm herself. "I'll stay calm. I'll be normal. I won't freak out." Grace repeats to herself.

"Just be normal, don't try to be cool because they aren't," I laugh, dragging her back. As we walk through the doorway, the boys all freeze mid-thrust, quickly straightening up. Grace smiles, waving weakly.

I watch as they wave awkwardly back. Their eyes looking over her black dress, similar to mine only a bit lower cut. She had plenty more to show than I did. Luke was looking at the other boy's faces, trying not to laugh.

"Boys, this is Grace," I snap them out of their trance. Ashton and Calum puff out their chests, trying to be cool. I just roll my eyes, Grace giggling beside me. Sitting down on the couch, it only takes the boys a few minutes to return to their usual selves. Calum and Luke were cuddling on the other couch, and Ashton and Mikey were talking to Grace and me.

"Did you listen to the EP?" Ashton smiles at her, taking a sip out of his water bottle.

"Of course, I bought it at midnight," Grace rambles. "My favorite song is Too Late," she grins, her blue eyes full and bright.

Michael sits up quickly, "I wrote that one!" He looks surprised, gaining a bit of self-confidence.

"Is that Fifa?" Grace points to the abandoned video game on the screen. Michael raises his eyebrows, nodding slowly. "Do you play?" She gives him a teasing smile.

Michael nods, "Are you challenging me?" He looks both surprised and turned on at the same time.

"I wouldn't call it a challenge if you don't stand a chance," Grace winks, failing to keep a straight face as she bursts into laughter. Ashton is just gaping at them both. Calum and Luke 'oooohed' in the background.

"It's on!" Michael races over to the television, sitting down on the floor as Grace runs over to sit next to him. They begin playing, Grace's hair falling in her face as she leans forward in concentration. Michael is frowning, clearly losing.

"I don't get it," Ashton shakes his head, leaning back.

While they were focused on their game, Ashton and I had a piggy back races against Calum and Luke. The room was filled with laughter, the sound of everything going right. At least for some time.

Eventually, some dude came back and told the boys that they had five minutes until show time. I got off of Ashton's back, the boys getting ready.

"Earth to Mikey we need to get ready," Ashton walks over to Michael and Grace, both of whom were in deep concentration, hunched over and staring at the screen.

"Shut up I need to win," he seethes.

"You're not gonna," Grace nudges Michael's side, her eyes glued to the screen. Michael's eyes widen at her touch, glancing over at her. His eyes traveled from the soft features of her face, to the view down her dress as she sat hunched over concentrating on the screen. "HA I won!" She shouts, throwing up her controller and straightening up. Michael gaped, looking back at the screen.

"Nobody has ever beat him," Calum walks over, messing up Michael's hair. He was sporting a new chocolate brown color.

"I call a rematch!" Mikey whines. Grace just smirks at him.

"Its show time loser," Ashton smacks the back of Michael's head. Michael jumps up, offering Grace a hand. She blushes, taking it. He lifts her up, his hand lingers for a second before quickly pulling away.

We both wish them good luck as they all line up near the door. I grab Grace's arm, pulling her out to the now crowded theater. "So, how did you like them?" I give her a sly smile.

"They are really nice," she agrees before noticing my face. "What?"

"Michael is totally into you," I gasp.

"No he is not!" She shakes her head disbelievingly. We make our way up to the front where Chloe and her clones were screaming as the boys came out on stage. Michael waved to Grace, making her blush. I raise my eyebrows at her. Chloe catches sight, frowning and walking over to us.

"Where were you guys?" She gives us a fake welcome smile. Grace goes to answer, but I place my hand on her arm, making her stop. She may be fooled by Chloe's act, but I'm not. I've seen too many fake smiles, I know what she is doing.

"We were getting pizza," I lie easily. Grace gives me a questioning look. Chloe stares at me for a second before resurfacing her fake smile.

"Oh, I'm not much of a pizza person. You know, I don't get this body easily," she flicks her hair looking my body up and down and then turning back towards the stage.

As the song begins, I turn towards Grace. "Hey, do you want to come to Luke's birthday party with me after this?" I try to say quietly, but the music makes it difficult. It would be nice to have her there. I think the boys will get to like her considering she is a lot like me, only prettier.

"Yeah!" she grins. "Did you tell them about New York yet?"

I frown, shaking my head. Looking up, Luke was singing to the crowd of girls fawning over him. Ashton was putting he's heart into his drumming. Calum looked like he was actually in one piece when he was up on stage. Michael was jumping around, losing himself in the music. I couldn't imagine telling any of them. Eventually I would have no choice.

We both jam out for the rest of the night. Grace only stopping every now and then to talk to the clones.

"Thanks everyone for coming out tonight!" Ashton screams into his microphone.

"I hope you all like the EP!" Luke smiles, making some girl behind me yelp.

"I wish everyone back home could see this," Calum looks to the crowd with heavy eyes.

The boys take their bows and run off stage, the crowd clearing as I pull Grace out to my car. She was going off about some book she had just read. Pulling up to Luke's, all of the guys were already there. Grace and I ran up to the door, ready for a night of carefree fun.

But the inevitable was coming. If only we could see the crash before it hit. Maybe then I could have prolonged the inevitable for only a few hours more...

Yikes. Lol this chapter will be continued fairly soon (:

Just wondering where are you guys from? I was wondering where this story has reached :o

Love you guys! Hope you are having a fun weekend!

-Maddie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 337 35
What happens when you get everything you've ever wanted and you still end up broken hearted? The least likely person is the one who fixes you.
225 9 37
You fall in love, and then you fall out. It's nothing you can fix. You lose people, and pray for them to come back. You will hope and pray, but they...
168K 2.5K 41
One bet. One month. One mistake. How far is too far? ((Completed)) Highest rankings: #1 in 5secondsofsummer #1 in ashtonirwin #4 in lukehemmings #7 i...