𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐧 𝐖𝐚...

By babbixookie

|COMPLETED| Lastly updated: 02/14/2022 When a young teen named Annalise Peterson is forced to move away from... More

•Characters•
•Chapter One•
•Chapter Two•
•Chapter Three•
•Chapter Four•
•Chapter Five•
•Chapter Six•
•Chapter Seven•
•Chapter Eight•
•Chapter Nine•
•Chapter Ten•
•Chapter Twelve•
•Chapter Thirteen•
•Chapter Fourteen•
•Chapter Fifteen•
•Chapter Sixteen•
•Chapter Seventeen•
•Chapter Eighteen•
•Chapter Nineteen•
•Chapter Twenty•
•Chapter Twenty One•
•Chapter Twenty Two•
•Chapter Twenty Three•
•Chapter Twenty Four•
•Chapter Twenty Five•
•Chapter Twenty Six•
•Chapter Twenty Seven•
•Chapter Twenty Eight•
•Chapter Twenty Nine•
•Chapter Thirty•
•Chapter Thirty One•
•Chapter Thirty Two•
•Chapter Thirty Three•
•Chapter Thirty Four•
•Chapter Thirty Five•
•Chapter Thirty Six•
•Chapter Thirty Seven•
•Chapter Thirty Eight•
•Chapter Thirty Nine•
•Chapter Forty•
•Chapter Forty One•
•Chapter Forty Two•
•Chapter Forty Three•
•Chapter Forty four•
•Forty Five•
•Chapter Forty Six•
•Chapter Forty Seven•
•Chapter Forty Eight•
•Chapter Forty Nine•
•Chapter Fifty•
•Chapter Fifty Two•
•Chapter Fifty Two•
•Chapter Fifty Three•
•Chapter Fifty Four•
•Chapter Fifty Five•
•Chapter Fifty Six•

•Chapter Eleven•

62 30 124
By babbixookie

****

For the rest of the lunch period I couldn't help but try to read their lips but unfortunately I'm HORRIBLE at reading lips. I start to notice a small smile coming across Dustin's lips as he continues to talk to Natasha. I soon realized that Natasha has won him. She did it, she cracked the system before me. I've never seen Dustin smile before. He almost cracked a smile for me earlier but he was fighting the urge.

What makes Natasha special?

I had to force myself to look away before I break down into tears in front of Miranda. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to see me cry, plus I don't want to embarrass myself.

Jonas finally comes back to the lunch table, surprisingly he seems to be a little sad instead of being more happy than he normally is. Miranda eagerly asks him, "How did it go?"

Jonas sighed deeply shaking his head, "Well it was going great until she almost kicked me in the nutsack, that bitch is luckily I have good reflexes."

"What did you say to her?" I ask, holding in my laughter.

"All I said was that I'd like for her to be my date for the Harvest Ball, but then I added a little bit of spice at the end."

"Oh no Jonas, please tell me you didn't ask her something sexual." Miranda groaned.

"You know I had to, Miranda. Who would I be if I didn't ask her something sexual." Jonas bites his lower lip, then laughed. Miranda covers her face with her hands and groaned even more.

-
-

After school, I decided to not go straight home. I didn't care if my dad got pissed with me for not following his rules, he should know by now that I don't give a shit about his dumb rules.

Me and Miranda follow Jonas on his skateboard to his house. The outside of his house is a tan color. When we're inside I realize the house is empty.
"Where are your parents?" I ask as we walk down to the basement.

"Their probably having rough car sex in a vacant parking lot, who knows really." Jonas shrugged.

"That is so disgusting." I grimaced hard at the thought of two middle aged people fucking.

Once we're down in the basement Jonas turns on a lamp that is sitting in a corner. When the room lights up I'm immediately amazed at how decorative the space is. There are a lot of posters on the wall and graffiti. In the middle of the basement is a king size bed. There is also a black couch on one side of the basement with a flat screen TV mounted on the wall.

Miranda jumps on the couch and kicks her feet up on a little table in front of her. Jonas goes into a mini fridge beside his bed and tosses me and Miranda a cold beer.
I walk over to the end of the king size bed to sit my bag down on top of the soft sheets. I then sit down on the bed and opened my beer. Jonas comes over to sit next to me.

"Hey, turn the TV on Miranda!" Jonas called to her.
Miranda finds the remote that is tucked in between the couch cushions. She turns the television on and began flipping through hundreds of channels. I turn back to Jonas who is scrolling through his social media feed on his cellphone.
I gently stroke my hand across the red sheets underneath me. The cloth is a very silk material.
I really am digging Jonas's room, it really shows his personality a lot.

"How many girls have been in this bed, Jonas?" I suddenly felt the need to ask.

"Only five - maybe six." Jonas smirked. "Do you wanna be number seven?"

I immediately jump up from the bed cringing. Jonas lays back on the bed laughing hysterically. I can hear Miranda laughing from the couch as well.
These people are definitely a different breed of crazy.

"No, I don't want to be number six!"

-
-

By the time sunset was gone Jonas was already drunk and high - Miranda is now passed out on the couch sound asleep with half of a eaten Twinkie sitting in her mouth.

"I think I should be getting home soon." I said, standing up from Jonas' bed.

"Are you sure you want to go, you can sleep over if you like. I promise I won't bite you." He drunkenly winked at me.

Yeah, I'm definitely going home now.

"Thanks Jonas but no thanks. Besides I don't want to get in trouble with the police about the town curfew."

"Fuck the curfew Kentucky! Stay here with me and cuddle for a bit."

Jonas was totally hammered from the five beers he chugged down earlier. Miranda was definitely right when she told me about Jonas acting weird when he gets super drunk. I'd rather not stick around any longer.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jonas."

I grab my bag and exit up through the basement stairs as fast as I could. I hurry to the front door before Jonas decides to try and make me stay any longer than I should.
Outside the air is thick and humid. I begin to walk down the dim sidewalk to my house, which is only a few blocks away. Weirdly enough there are barely any cars on the road so the walk home was very quiet.

While I'm walking I get text notification on my phone. At first I it was Jonas texting me to come back to his house - but actually the message is from some unknown number that I have never seen before. I stop walking for a second to check what the text message said.

Unknown number: Turn around.

I stare at my phone confused. The number was like probably Jonas messing around with me.
I shut my phone off and put it back in the pocket of my jeans. I continue walking until I'm exactly one block down from my house, when my cellphone buzzes again notifying me that I just got another text message. I sigh while taking my phone out of my pocket again. Just like before, I get another weird text from the same unknown number.

I want to know how the hell this person got my phone number in the first place and why are they're bothering me.
I unlock my phone and go to the text message. This time when I read the message I get a cold chill run down my spine.

Unknown number: Don't be rude Annalise.
If you just turn around like a good girl that you are, you'll see who I really am.

I take a deep swallow and slowly turned around. My body instantly freezes when I see a dark figure with a hoodie on standing under a street lamp. There was nobody else on the street except for me and the random stranger following me. The figure was tall with zero sighting of its face to be shown.

"Jonas!" I called out to the figure. "Is that you messing with me?"

The creepy figure doesn't respond, instead it just stands underneath the street lamp eyeing me like a hawk waiting to feast on me.

Suddenly the figure begins to walk towards me in a slow and creepy manner. My eyes widen in shock when I see they've also taken a big knife from the pocket of the hoodie. I quickly start back away and run away from the stranger as fast as possible.
As I am running to my house I could hear the killers heavy footsteps hitting the sidewalk as they chase after me.

I wish I hadn't turn my head to glance behind myself because I had no idea how close they were running up behind me. I scream at the top of my lungs - hoping someone in the neighborhood would see me getting chased by a killer, but nobody does, it's just me out here all alone.
In the distance I could see my house. I push myself to go faster until I reach the front lawn of my house. I fall to my knees on the front porch, banging on the door as hard as I possibly could.

"DADDY HELP ME!"

I glance behind myself one last time to see if the killer was still chasing after me. Coming up the sidewalk I could see the dark figure holding up the knife in the air, practically taunting with it.
I freak out even more and began kicking at the front door this time.

Finally the door opens up for me. I fall in the house and hit the wooden floor. Immediately demand for my father to close the door. For once he actually listens to me and shuts the front door.
On the floor I'm shaking and crying on my knees. I'm panting like a dog in need of water. I couldn't believe that I was just being chased by a real killer.

"Anna what happened?" My dad asked, helping me off the floor.

"They were after me, dad!" I sobbed, holding my father tightly. I needed the hug and thankfully he was there to offer it.

"Who was after you, sweetheart?"

I turn to the front door and lock each lock on it. I ignore the question he asked me and began walking upstairs to my bedroom. I didn't want to talk at the moment, I was way too petrified to speak.
My dearest father follows after me up to my bedroom. Quickly I lock all of my windows and shut all my curtains so that nobody could see inside my room.

I wanted to feel safe.

"Please talk to me, Annalise, tell me what is going on." My dad stood in the doorway pleading for answers.

I suddenly turn around towards him and snap with anger, "Didn't you hear what I said downstairs? The fucking killer was after me with a knife, dad."

"I'll go call the police to come search the neighborhood."

"NO!" I yelled, stopping him. "Don't do that, Dad!"
My dad looked at me like I've seriously lost my mind. Maybe I have or maybe not - I don't know anything.
All I do know is that the killer wanted dead tonight. "The cops aren't going to help us. We just need to leave Washington and go back to Kentucky." I breathed heavily as I spoke.

"I know your scared, just try to get some rest please."

I nod my head as tears roll down my face. Before he could leave my room I grab him tightly and gave him a hug another big hug. I'm still trembling in fear. I felt safe in my fathers arms. Although the two of us have our differences, I still love him regardless. Nothing is this word will change that.

I love my dad <3

-
-
-
a

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 179 8
When a string of gruesome murders takes over the quiet town of Hawkins, it becomes apparent that it's impossible to know who to trust. Who will be ne...
24.1K 662 54
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
The Mystery Letters By Apple

Mystery / Thriller

149K 8.7K 29
Hannah lost her twin sister Hailey when she was 12 in an accident, or so they believed. The case had been closed, everyone seemed to move on except...
45 9 9
Everyone has their own perspective,from their own camera... Keira Emberson is a 16 year old girl going thru some shit. Everyone thinks her life's pi...