Ava, The World, & Niall Horan...

By cowsfortheworld

With her workaholic parents, Ava's used to being alone. She doesn't have her parents around, and her 'friends... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 11
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23: You know I love you right?
Part 24: I'm done
25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
29: That old friend
Part 30 (30 already?!?!?!)
Part 31
Pat 32: The interview
Part 33: I refuse Niall Horan, I fucking refuse
34
Part 35
IMPORTANT!
36
Part 37
Part 38: Open ending
Snippet

Part 17

1.4K 25 0
By cowsfortheworld

**** --Ava’s POV--

The rest of the week I was with Niall. It was perfect.  He leaves tomorrow to go with his family for the rest of the week and then he has to come back to American, do a show in Washington, then the next day another in California, and then fly to NYC and do the last show there. Then an interview, and then they go back to London. I still can’t believe management cut their break short. Instead of three weeks, they only get a week and a half. Niall stayed with me for a week, and his family only sees him for the other three days. I still don’t find that fair.

I leave for London a week after the boys go back to London, and my Aunt Kate says she has a surprise for me. I still don’t know what it is… I hope it’s a car though. I still don’t get the point about moving in with her, I mean I’m going to be eighteen in a couple of months, can’t I just get my own apartment… or flat, or whatever they call it there!

“Hey Ava!” Niall called from down stairs.

I quickly walked down stairs; it was a Saturday so I looked like crap, “Yeah?” I noticed how all his bags were packed and on the living couch floor.

“What are we going to do today?” He asked innocently.

“You tell me! I said. It’s Chicago, the fifth largest city in all of America! Where do you want to go first? That is the real question!” I stated sounding very college like…. Will I go to Uni in London?

“Well you guys don’t have a London Eye so…” he said.

“No, but we do have that Ferris wheel thingy ma ’bob.” I stated mater of factly, “And it that very same, place we have mini golf. Can London beat that?”

“London has accents and queens.”

“Well we have fat food, and a Build-A-Bear inside the Navy Pear Mall! What?!” I said showing off, “I’m losing this big time aren’t I?”

“Yeah!”

We both laughed, and I looked at him again, “But I’m serious though that Build-A-Bear is awesome.”

“Want to go build a bear?”

“Depends who names the bear?”

“Do you want to?”

“I got names something weird like ‘Ava’ I don’t think naming comes in my level of expertise.”

“I’ll name him or her, you dress it up?”

“Deal,” I said, shaking his hand, I was going to go change when I thought of something, “One more thing though!”

“What else?” he asked looking confused.

“There’s this supper duper awesome ride there… ride it with me?”

“Sure.” He said while smiling. If only he knew which one I’m talking about!

“I’ll see you in five minutes! Go upstairs when you’re ready!” I shouted while going up the stairs.

I closed the door in the upstairs apartment and went to my room; I have no idea what to wear… I decide on some jeans with a blouse.

I walked to my closet and decided to go with something that has royal blue. I absolutely a love royal blue! It’s my favourite color it can go with nearly every skin color! All the other colors could be jealous.

“Ava! You ready?!” I heard Niall shout from the stairs.

“Give me five minutes!” I yelled back.

I picked up my blouse, and got my favourite royal blue skinny jeans I got my lace flats, and picked up my sun glasses, which were also blue. I like blue. A lot. I kept my black sparkly heart-shaped earring on. I liked how they looked.

I went to my bathroom and fishtails my hair to the side. Fish tail was always my favourite because later on when I let my hair down loose it gets all wavy and pretty.

I got my Wand out –as in the curling iron I not Hermione or anything! - And only curled the strand of my hair that never stays with the rest of my hair. My hair used to be in layers but I out grew them, and the front of my hair has been crappy ever since. So whenever I side-braid it, it just falls out.

 I went for my make-up bag and got out my mascara and Carmax.

I wasn’t much for makeup, whenever Gabriella convinces me, to let her do my makeup I feel like a rag doll. I don’t like going all out; I usually just go with both no eyeliner, or eye liner, mascara, and Chap Stick. Maybe a lip gloss, but other than that I don’t do much. 

“Okay!” I shout back at Niall. I walk out of the bathroom and go to my room for my phone.

“Niall!” I shout to no one. No response…. Is he back down stairs?

I walk to the basement, but he’s not there.

“What the hell!” I say mostly to myself. I notice the laptop that’s open on the island. I go and see the boys talking to each other.

They don’t notice me, but it looks like there arguing. I decide against interrupting them and instead look for Niall in the little room. Its empty. I go back out, and go to the island I sit down on the tiny stool and spin. It helps me think.

Where the hell is he? He said he would wait for me upstairs but he wasn’t there! Great... I need ramen.

I go to the counter and noticed a note in the middle of the stove.

Ava, you were taking a while so I went looking for food (I noticed your I finished your pantry, and the last thing i wanted for you not to have anything after I left!). Be back in ten promise! then we can go to Navy Pier. I promise - Niall

“This boy and his notes!” I mutter.

“Right!” I heard someone shout behind me.

I couldn’t help it, I let out a yelp. I turned around and found how the video chat wasn’t on mute.

“…” I must have looked a bit stunned, “Hi.” I said.

“Hi,” they all said in unison.

That’s when Gabriella walked in slamming the door, “Oh my god!” she shouted. Could she pick a worse timing?

“Not the best time Gabriella.” I muttered, I looked back at the computer screen, “Five seconds I swear.” They simply nodded and I jumped onto the counter, “What’s up Gaby?”

“Edwards up!” she complained.

“Of course he is,” I muttered to myself. I heard the boys stifle a laugh; I simply smirked to the computer screen, but looked back at Gabriella, “What did he do now?” I asked bored already. I know I’m supposed to be a good friend about this, but I just can’t. Edward is like her slave master and she can’t see it!

“And I don’t mean in heaven!” She yelled.

“Of course” I said, “If you killed him he would be under us… What did he do this time?”

“I caught him making out with Sam!” She practically shouted. She sat on the stool that was right in front of the screen and kept spinning. She didn’t notice the four boys on the screen eves dropping.

“Sam the guy or Sam the girl?” I asked. I knew it was the girl; Edward is anything and everything except gay.

“Samantha the Slut,” She spat back.

“Samantha’s not a slut,” I defended.

“She was kissing my boyfriend!”

“He’s not your boyfriend!” I said, “He’s not any ones boyfriend, he lives in vaginas!” I said.

“He said he was sorry for that…”

“You walked in on him, and Rosa! And all he said was sorry?” She is so easily deceived, “Did he say sorry again this time?”

“Yes.”

“Did you tell him ‘sorry’ won‘t going to cut it this time?”

“…I yelled.”

“At him or at Samantha?”

“Sam…”

“Did you break up with him?”

“No!” She said while sounded insulted that I even suggested that, “I would never, I love him! And he loves me.”

“Yeah,” I said in monotone, “He loves oh so much, he slept with our old friend, who by the way has a boyfriend, oh and remember when you caught him with Lucia? You know your cousin! When he lied and said he was going to visit his grandfather in the hospital on your birthday and wouldn’t be able to go your party, but then posted pictures of him and his friends on Facebook from when they all hung out that night and got wasted! Oh and remember about the time when he tried to kiss your sister? With his penis! Also when he-”

“Okay, I get it!” She shouted. I felt bad about reminding her everything that he did, but she needed to remember. She forgives him too much.

“And what exactly do you get Gabriella?” I asked in my most caring voice possible.

“That he’s…” She started but started to sound like if she was guessing…

“An asshole!” I shouted, I can’t believe she’s playing stupid, “A complete asshole, who cheats like no tomorrow, and I’m pretty sure that instead of a brain he just has another dick in that hollow head of his! He’s going to repeat senior year! Not even I’m repeating! And I’ve only been to Calculus like thirty times this entire year, and I only went to a full class of music once! And that was when Niall came over! You have to stop forgiving him so much! I get it you love him, but hate to break it to you, but he has a strange way of showing his love towards you!”

“He shows his love to me!” She shouted.

“How?” I asked, “By trying to fuck everything on legs? By ditching you? Or is it by shouting and yelling at you?” I still can’t believe how he yelled at her on the Fourth of July last year. He was so rude, and cruel. She didn’t deserve it. She was a beautiful girl, but she needs to get some damn self-respect and independence!

“He said he was sorry…” She muttered.

“Gabriella,” I said soothingly, “He says he’s sorry all the time, but he has never meant it.”

“How would you know that?”

“Gaby, everyone knows that. If he would bother to mean every sorry he says, he wouldn’t have to say it again so many times. He would stop. I love you, and you know that, but… Ed, he doesn’t love you. He loves playing with you.”

“Go fuck yourself!” Gabriella shouted. Bitch.

“Sorry,” I said with sarcasm, “But, fucking, is Edwards job. Ask every girl in school that can walk! And I think Brian too, but I think he just let Brian feel up on him…” off track again.

“Oh shut up he loves me!”

“Really? If he loves you why would he cheat on you so many times?”

“He just doesn’t show it.”

“…Break up with him.” I said.

“What?!” she thinks I’m crazy.

“Did I stutter? Break up with him. He’s not worth your time. Find someone who is,” She didn’t say anything so I took that as permission to keep rambling, “Gabriella, you are beautiful and I’m not going to lie, a total looker. Don’t sell yourself short. You deserve better. You will always deserve better. All you need is to let him go. Find someone better. Or better yet, find yourself first.”

“’Find yourself’ that’s just another way to say, ‘Hey come join solitude where you’ll be a lone with nothing except cats!’ I’m a dog person Ave!”

“I’ve been a lone most of my life, ‘find yourself’ doesn’t mean be alone. It means find out what you want, and look for it. So go do that. You’re too trusting. People don’t do anything except hurt one another. ”

“You need to trust more people.”

“And you need to stop…”

“….Gaby can I tell you something…?”

“Anything.”

“Remember when I said I was going to London…?”

“Yeah, you were going to go visit your Aunt for the summer. Why?”

“I lied. I’m not going to go visit her… I’m going to living with her.”

“What why? What happened to us being Chicago girls?! You know going out to parties and shit!”

“No you went partying, I covered for you.” I said while laughing.

“Is it because you didn’t get into any colleges? I bet my dad can pull some strings at UIC here in Chicago! He can tell the principle and-”

“I also lied about not getting into any colleges…” She looked at me in disbelieve, I went to the pantry where I hid all my acceptance letter, “Here.” I handed the stack to her and she read them aloud. I’m going to get so red. Every ones always told me how smart I am. And I am. I am beyond smart, I admit it. I have brains, but I don’t exactly have the best try method…

“Princeton, UIC, Boston,” She was reading them out as if they were prizes, “In Brazil? Brazil! France, Mexico! You don’t even speak complete Spanish!”

“I took Spanish!” I complained.

“Whatever,” she kept reading the locations, “London….” She read the last ones carefully… the ones I was thinking about accepting… “The University of Michigan of Music, Theatre & Dance huh? That’s a first…” She didn’t pry on it which I liked, “… Royal Academy of Music… UEA! Guildhall?! Guildhall!? YOU GOT INTO GUILDHALL AND DIDN’T TELL ME?! YOU BITCH!” I laughed a bit, but slapped my face with my palm, “Oh sweet baby Jesus… YOU GOT INTO MANCHESTER?! Manchester? The Manchester! You have to go!”

“I don’t think I’m going through with it…”

“You have got to be kidding me. You’re going, like it or not you my friend are going.”

“Yeah you should go to Manchester!” I heard a boy with a raspy voice say, Louis… I turned to my screen. I forgot all about the boys, Gabriella noticed too. She turned to the screen and screamed.

“You’re… you’re One Direction!” Gabriella said, “And you heard everything about my ex-boyfriend…. I’m going to go hang myself now… Ava collect my body in fifty k?”

“If you hang yourself it takes more like six hours to fully die… Try the wrist or something…” I said, I knew she was only going to go to the couch and yell at herself.

“Ava’s right by the way!” I heard Harry yell, “You deserve better, you’re dating an asshole.”

“…Thanks.” Muttered Gabriella.

Gabriella walked towards the door and screamed. Then I heard her run up the stairs.

“Harry…” I asked with curiosity, “Do you have a small crush on Gabriella?”

He went red for half a second but quickly recomposed himself, “No I don’t Ava. I know even know her!”

I wasn’t giving up, “… Do you want to get to know her?” I asked.

“… She seems nice…” He murmured. The boys cooed and I simply smirked with satisfaction.

“Our little Harry has got a crush!” cooed Zayn while patting his shoulder.

“And she’s his own age!” shouted Louis. I couldn’t help but laugh. A lot, but I didn’t feel weird thanks to the boys laughing really hard too, even Harry.

When we all settled Louis asks, “So… How’s Niall in bed?” The daring Tommo everyone!

I managed to keep a straight face and responded with the same sass, “I don’t know you tell me.”

The boys smiled, and Louis looked defeated. I’m guessing he didn’t expect me to be just as daring.

“Ava: 1 The Tommo: Zero” Louis muttered.

“Always,” I said, they of course didn’t know I was quoting Harry Potter, but it’s fine.

“So Ava…” said Zayn suspenseful, “How did your week go with Niall….?”

“It was…” I couldn’t pick a word to describe this week… I settle on “… Pivotal…”

“Ha!” I heard Harry shout, “She’s smart, I told you, Zayn!”

“I know, I know,” Zayn muttered while reaching to his wallet and taking out a twenty.

I was shocked, “You two,” I said while point at them, “Had a bet… on my brain?”

“Not on your ‘brain’,” said Harry as if I was silly, “Only on the contents inside of your brain. There’s a difference.”

“Uhu…” I said slowly, “So… Which one of you thought I was stupid?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

They all backed away leaving Zayn to fend for himself, “What?!” He said, “Well not that you were stupid just that… I don’t know, we didn’t expect you to be so… smart!” He said finally, “I mean… Princeton! The Princeton… You’re like Mega, super, ultra genius!”

“I’m not Albert Einstein you know,” I say while laughing.

“How did you get into so many Colleges?!” asked Louis in shock.

“I applied to them…” I said slowly.

“Well duh,” Said Harry, “But we mean did you get any rejection letters?”

“I got rejected from Yale, Harvard, York, Essex, Oxford, Lancaster, and Liverpool. All the others were either backups or not really interested.” I said.

“So where are you going?” asked Liam finally getting into the fascinating conversation of college.

It was my turn to turn red, “I don’t know….” I said sheepishly.

“What do you mean?” asked Zayn, “I mean don’t you need to accept before summer like in, march or something?”

“… I asked for some extra time. Eventually I convinced the board since my parents wouldn’t really be in the country at all by the time…Gabriellas’ dad pulled a couple of strings; I got my seats on hold until the last week of June. If by June 28th I don’t respond to any, then I lose all my seats.”

“…Which one do you want to go to most?” asked Liam, he was more into the conversation than the others now.

“I was thinking about Royal… or Manchester…”

“Not to invade your privacy or anything like that Ava, but… When Gabriella stopped for a second… why? What was so surprising?”

“Oh…” I felt myself go red… again “It was for performing Arts… She always had this idea about me wanting to be a lawyer for some reason…” I said trailing off; I do that a lot…

“I don’t see you as a lawyer,” said Liam sweetly, “They always seem so stern and uptight.. You’re… not.”

“So what did you apply to performing arts for?” asked Harry.

“I play,” I said, “I like to play the Piano.”

“Do you sing?” asked Louis enthusiastically.

I don’t know if it counts… I mean I like singing but I don’t like the idea of getting all the attention, being followed around by paparazzi…“Sometimes, I guess.”

“How good are you at piano?” Asked Zayn

“Good enough to get into Manchester, and Michigan, and Royal, and Guildhall,” retorted Louis. I smiled a bit at that.

The door flew open and Niall walked in, “Sorry it took me so long, there was some fans there, and then I had to sign things, and then I had to buy food, you need more by the way,” I just started laughing. He was eating a piece of Chocolate, “You know they make Caffeine flavoured chocolate combined with white chocolate… it’s actually quite horrible,” he took another bite anyway.

“If its’ so horrible like you say, why are you still eating it?” I asked while laughing, He handed me the piece and I bit it, “Oh my god! This is horrible! This is… disgusting, who would do this?!” It was really ugly.

“You ready to go?” Niall asked.

“Yeah just give me a minute.”

“I already gave you fifteen,” he said cockily

“And I gave you thirty and a note,” I answered.

“I’ll be by the door,” he said while sighing.

“Well,” I said to the boys, “I have to go before Mr. Punctual here gets mad.”

They just laughed, but Niall went dashing to my side, “You were chatting with the boys?”

“Yes she was,” Said Louis, “For a while too, did you know she’s Albert Einstein’s descendent?”

Niall looked at me with shock and…hurt. I’m guessing because he thinks I didn’t tell him, “Not literally,” I defended, “Just a metaphor, and I’m not! Trust me, just see me in math.”

“That remind me, mails on the kitchen counter,” said Niall,

“Probably just more bills and moving arrangements,” I said while getting up to go read and check them.

“And your report card card…” said Niall while holding an envelope to wards my face.

“Snoop,” I commented, with the entire heart of joking.

“Midget,” he snapped back.

“Niall,” I said serious, “I’ve been going to public school for thirteen years now, ‘Midget’ isn’t a new insult, try harder next time,” I said while smiling. The boys just laughed and so did Niall. I took my report card and sighed. Was I used to my grades? Yes, but it wouldn’t kill me to give myself a surprise once in a while!

I was getting to the end of the paper… Calculus: …

I instantly started smiling.

“What is it?” Asked Zayn, I forgot they could see my face.

All I did was hand Niall my report-card, he read aloud, “AP Literature: A

Music: B

Books read…:105?!”

“I like reading…” I said defensively.

“AP World Studies: A” he continued, 

“Government/Microeconomics: A

 Honours Physics: A

Spanish 5: A

Advanced Health: A

Calculus: B….”

Nearly, straight A’s. But I don’t care… I finally got my B.

“You got straight A’s!?” shouted Harry in surprise.

“Told you she was mega smart,” smiled Niall with hugging me. I could see Liam smiling at us from the corner of my eyes.

“You know they had a bet on my brain?” I asked Niall.

“Not on your brain,” reminded Harry.

“On the contents inside of you” defended Zayn.

“Which one thought you were stupid?” asked Niall.

“I didn’t think you were stupid!” shouted Zayn.

“You thought she was stupid,” said Louis defiantly.

“I did not I just-”

“Thought she was stupid?” filled in Harry.

“I did not think she was stupid! Liam help me out here?” asked Liam.

“Zayn,” Liam started, “You said she was probably one of those demented crazy, creepy fans,” said Liam innocently, he obviously didn’t think there was anything bad about what he’s saying, “You also said that she was probably come creeper. You used the words ‘Dumb Blond!’ ” I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Sorry,” I said, “the only blond one that I know right now is Niall!”

“I am so sorry, I didn’t know!”

Zayn just smiled sheepishly. I honestly wasn’t really that insulted. I’ve always been called names, never dumb blond but still names.

“I’ve been called worse,” I say simply.

“By who?” asked Niall protectively.

“No one in particular just in general. Stuff like midget, short stack, anorexic bitch, once skyscraper, which makes no sense at all…” I started smiling at one of my memories.

“What?” asked Liam, I think they thought I was crying because I was smiling so hard it looked like it. Instead I burst out laughing. When I calmed down I explained.

“When I was in fifth grade, I was like 4’7 or something, and it was the first day of school so we were all lining up in front of the school with our class when…” I gasped for air, “when I went to my class line, a teacher from the next line over came to me and told me, I still remember what she said, she said that,” I used my most posh voice possible, “‘I’m sorry we’re about to start classes, go back to your grade level,’ and as she said this she was pointing to the first graders!” They all burst out laughing, and I did too. My childhood memories everyone!

“Your form teachers are horrible people!” said Liam.

“Tell me about it!” I said, “I’m just happy I don’t have to be stuck with them for the rest of my life.” Niall patted my back, and I got the message, “Well, we are going out, so I’ll talk to you guys later!”

They said and waved goodbye. I closed the laptop and smiled at Niall, “Okay lets’ go."

“C’mon,” He said while taking my hand, “You look beautiful by the way.”

I didn’t say anything I just blushed. I held his hand while, we walked out the door.

A/N: Don't forget to comment,vote, and fan! Keep it in your library! Also click the click through link to see Ava's outfit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 66 27
Isabelle is your typical high school student. She's popular with her crowd of friends, has enemies, fancies the cutest guy in school who doesn't even...
519K 14.1K 29
Niall Horan was visiting the States from Ireland on a school field trip. It's summer, so they decided to visit Denver, Colorado. Hoping they would en...
1M 19.5K 31
Harry Styles has the perfect life. He's a part of international superstar band One Direction, and he has four amazing best friends: Niall, Liam, Zayn...
38.1K 1K 25
Harry is in his second year of high-school but high-school would've been torture without his brother, Liam and his bestfriend, Niall. And it was abo...