One Last Time

By sultryslxt

What seemed like the most happiest day of her life, suddenly turned into her biggest nightmare. When Lana fin... More

One Last Time
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 1

8.4K 201 42
By sultryslxt

she watered her own garden
she nurtured her own seeds
she blooms for herself

****

From r.h.sin on instagram x

Lana

It was a cold chilly evening here in New York and the frost bites in my shoes were going to be the death of me. The busy streets of Manhattan never died down even at midnight, New Yorkers rushing past each other, minding their own business as they furiously rushed to their destination. The cold air instantly kissed my skin the second I stepped out and the tip of my nose was really cold. My breath became visible to me when smoke appeared the second my mouth opened as condensation occurred, I buried my hands deep in my coat pocket as I practically jogged to my car.

As my car came to sight, I pulled out my keys and unlocked it before I rushed in. I immediately turned on the heating in the car and sat in my car for a few minutes flicking through my phone, while I waited for the car to get a little warmer. The plain windows of my car was fully covered in steam as I waited. The second the car was filled in with comfortable warmth, my body shook in relief and comfort as it welcomed the warm air.

After a couple of minutes passed, I put my phone away and drove to my destination.

I parked my car and stepped out before I approached the doors to the building, greeted by the cold air again. I looked around to see a few other people waiting just like how I did. My body was shivering as the cold air found it's own way into my coat and settled on my skin, as I waited for the doors to be open. Finally, after what felt an eternity, the door to the daycare opened and immediately, my lips curved into a huge smile as my excitement kicked in to see the most precious human being in my life.

I couldn't wait to see my baby.

My eyes roamed around the crowds of little heads as I looked for my own. When I saw a pair of hands waving at me, I waved back and gave them a huge smile.

"Mommy!"

I opened my arms and crouched down to her level as she ran towards me with a load of papers held in her tiny hands. She wore her coat while her bag was hanging off her shoulders and her huge hat covered her head, almost covering her entire face. She let out a little giggle when I pulled her hat back to reveal her beautiful precious little face.

"Hi baby!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around her small frame before I took the papers off her. "How is my baby doing?" I picked her up and started to walk to the car as I didn't want to keep her out in the cold for too long. Last time I did, she got really sick.

"I'm fine, mommy. It's just really cold mommy." She snuggled deep into my chest,

"I know, baby. Let's get you into the car and warm up."

Once we got in the car, I placed her in her car seat at the back seats of my car and then rushed to my seat. The cold air was freezing and I knew I couldn't bare with the freezing temperature anymore. I hated this weather, it always made me ill.

"Mommy, did you miss me?" Her little voice was heard from the back seat,

I chuckled and looked through my rear view mirror to get a view of her. She looked through the mirror and gave me a cheesy grin, I returned it with a small chuckle and then started the car.

"Of course, mama missed you. I couldn't wait to see you, sweetie." I cooed,

"I love you mommy!" She yelled, "And you know what would make me love you more?" I glanced at the mirror for a second to see her face and I caught her wriggling her small brows at me.

"What?" I laughed,

"If you put on the radio." She exclaimed, I laughed along with her before I extended my arm out to put on the radio.

I glanced at my rear view mirror and saw my four-year-old daughter dancing like she was living her best life. Her smile was genuinely, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, even from the minute she was born. The way her dimples crinkle once her lips are lifted was just so adorable, I never knew my daughter would be this gorgeous. The second she was born, I knew she was my angel baby, she is my Amelia.

She had entered my misery of a life five years ago, only just when I had turned twenty-two and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

My baby was and still is everything to me, she is my world.

And no one can take her away from me. No one.

***

"Mommy, why do we always have to go to your work? I want to go home and eat ice-cream with you."

Amelia frowned when she noticed that I pulled up in the office car park. I pulled up and pulled my keys away from the ignition and heard the engine immediately die down. Once it was quiet, I took my seat belt off and turned to Amelia who sat at the back seat of my car in a car seat.

"Lia darling, mommy promises that we will have ice cream when we get home. But for now, I need to get some of my things which is why I have come here. Please?" I tried to grow the frown out of her cute little face. "Plus, poppy will be there..." I announced and smirked at her, which really affected the way how she reacted because she was no longer frowning.

Immediately, her frown turned upside down when he jumped in her seat with excitement and looked at me.

"Mommy! Let's go! Let's go!" She exclaimed, itching to get herself out of her car seat. I laughed when I saw her reaction to hearing the news of her poppy coming back. The next person that is close to her heart, of course after me.

Once we left the car, we were walking hand in hand in the building that my father owned. He owned this building and this business for many years now and I was so proud of him. My father was a very hard working man, ever since before he even married mom. Actually, mom and dad met while working together and just fell in love as business partners. I laughed at first and still snort to this day myself whenever I remembered because it happens to be so cliched but nevertheless, it was still cute.

This business was the back bone of this family and I was so glad that dad poured all his efforts and heart out onto it because if he hadn't, God knows where we would all be today. Honestly if you ask me, I think this is God's plan as it is everything to us, especially to me and my father.

Robert Carter was he, my father. He was the possessor of Carter's infirmary for as long as I could remember and planned to hand the position over to my eldest brother, Mason Carter, hopefully in the near future.

I was proud of my dad's work, not a single person in the office disregarded or disrespected my father because he was our boss and the head of all this work. Even our patients were eager to get treatment from my father because he was very professional and excellent at his job.

My father was one of the biggest businessmen and a doctor in the city actually. Not only did he have a hospital running, he opened a law firm for my young brother Levi, who is an aspiring lawyer, he still has a few years of studying to do. Our family has a reputation and we work so hard to keep it that way.

"Come on baby." I offered Amelia my hand as the doors to the lift opened. She latched onto my hand and walked further into the lift with me, waiting to reach the highest floor in this building where it was occupied by her poppy.

As soon as the lift made an indication that we reached the floor, it automatically opened and immediately, Amelia was stepping out without me. Her hands left mine when she ran out the lift towards the desk where everyone was. I caught up with her just in time before she disturbed anyone.

"Poppy!" She waved through the glass window. Ear to ear, her smile beamed brightly as it brought a smile on everyone's faces on the opposite side of the glass window. Immediately, the one person she was calling out for left his seat and came towards the door. The door opened and Amelia jumped onto his embrace and cheered.

Poppy was indeed my father, Amelia's doting grandfather that stood by me ever since she was born. The second person that held Amelia after she was born was my father and I loved my father so much for that because he supported me through all of this. He made my life much more easier as a single mother and I couldn't thank him enough.

"Hello sweetie, how has my little flower been?" He kissed Amelia's cheeks which made her giggle,

"I missed you so much poppy. Please don't go back." Amelia pleaded, "Please poppy?" She dragged her lips down and frowned as she leaned her head on my father's chest. He stroked her hair and laughed at her plea.

"Amelia darling, you know poppy is a very busy man." He laughed, "However, poppy is not so busy tomorrow which means you get to spend the night and the morning with him. How do you like the sound of that darling?" He questioned her,

Amelia turned her head towards me with her big round doe eyes, shocked and gave me a questioning look.

"Mommy, can I go?!" Delirium filled her promptly which made me chuckle.

"Yes baby, you can stay at Poppy's for one night. Maybe two if I can manage another night without you." I said,

Amelia remained in my father's arms as she was very jittery. My father turned to me and put his arm around me while he greeted me.

"How are you Lana?" He asked,

"I'm good dad, just a little tired." I replied, "Will you be okay to go with her back to yours or shall I come and assist?" I asked as I handed him Amelia's belongings packed in her tiny backpack.

"No dear, I'll be fine. Get yourself home ready for tomorrow. You'll be needed at the office and the infirmary. We have the owner of one of the most successful companies across the city visiting us tomorrow for the department you are managing." He informed me, "Says they want to start a family."

"Oh?"

"Yes dear, we'll discuss this further first thing tomorrow but for now, let's get ourselves home. It's already late and..." he turned to Amelia and tickled her stomach, "I don't want to waste another minute not spending it with this little one." He laughed after Amelia giggled joyfully to his tickles.

"Okay dad." I nodded before I pulled myself closer to Amelia and kissed her cheeks. Amelia wrapped her arms around me and gave me a bone crushing embrace before she let go. "Bye baby! See you later, dad." I looked at dad.

"Bye mommy!" Her hands waved in the air as I left them. I reach the elevator and step in before I turn around and wait for the door to close. As the door closes, Amelia smiles brightly at me and before she gives me another wave, the door closes.

I exhale as I feel the elevator going down all the way to the ground floor. It took about a minute when it reached the ground floor, the door opened and I stepped out. I walked towards my car and drove off to my condo.

The meaning of life to me was everything, even before I had my Amelia. It was something I valued and wished to live to the fullest no matter what tried to knock me down. I took this inspirational feeling to the another level a few years ago when I became a doctor to give people life. I worked every day as a doctor who inseminates women with something they die for. I never really understood the dire need to raise another human that is yours until I had one. I saw a different side to it once I had experienced it myself.

Amelia is everything to me.

I arrived at the condo and pulled up before I got out of my car and approached the door, while I rummaged through my bag for the keys. As I neared the door, I stumbled over my foot when I noticed a shadow lingering in the corner so I quickly look up, startled. Pure relief settled in me when I realised that it was only Stephan.

"Stephan! Jesus, you scared the crap out of me." I exhaled, I grabbed my keys and got closer to the door. As I was turning the the key to open the door, Stephan snaked his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry..." He grunted as his face was buried in my hair,

I wriggle out of his hold as I clench my jaw.
"Not today, Stephan. What do you want?" I ask as I let myself in. I leave the door open for him as he stood watching me go inside my condo. After a few seconds, I heard the front door shut following his footsteps. I walk to the kitchen and set my things down before I grab a glass of water, I lean on the counter and start to chug it down.

"Where's Amelia?" He asked, his hands were tucked in his pockets as he strode towards me. He was wearing a black suit that sat on him like a second skin. His skinny pants that came just over his ankle made him look very hot and sophisticated, I kept the glass on my mouth as I didn't want to make it obvious to him that I was in fact drooling over him. His wrists was wrapped with one of the many expensive watches he owns and his hair was pushed back. As he was approaching closer to me, he began to loosen his tie around his neck. I was in dire need of his touch but I couldn't get myself to confess to him.

That's Stephan Sinclair for you.

"With my father."

Stephan and I met two years ago at a housewarming party of an ex-colleague at the department I manage. Ever since that day, Stephan and I just dawned to each other and went straight to it. Stephan is a solicitor and he works as a part-time manager at the branch he is settled in now. Although Stephan is just a friend, I was and am still proud of him for everything he has ever done for himself because he isn't a man that gets things done for nobody. He is himself and will do anything for himself, just like me. Of course, there is a difference because I have Amelia.

I still care for him just as much as he does for me.

"How was work?" He asked,

"Wearisome, nothing but typical." I reply, removing the glass from my mouth and placing it down on the counter, before I fold my arms against my chest and watch him.

His blithe broadly smiling face beamed at me which urged me to just give in. God.

"I've got the full position as the manager." He beamed, "Not only that but the law firm is offering me the contract I was talking about."

My eyes widened at the news he delivered, I was so happy for him. Excitement rushed to my blood as I stare at him in disbelief. I was genuinely proud of him because I knew how much he wanted this and how much he worked for this.

"Oh my god, Stephan! How did that happen? Do tell!" I chirped as I leaned off the counter and wrapped my arms around his neck before I pulled him into my embrace. He wrapped his arms around me and shoved me to his chest, my face was buried in his neck as I embraced his cologne into my lungs.

I pull away from his embrace and just stare up at him as all the exuberance was replaced with nothing but sexual desire... well in my part.

"Why are you here..Stephan?" I whispered, Stephan didn't even speak or reply back when he snaked his arm around my waist and pushed me closer to him before taking my lips with his.

I cupped his face and responded with the desperate kiss I needed from him just as much as he did. We were going crazy right now, this was two weeks worth of sex we were making up right now. We hadn't been intimate with each other for that long.

"Fuck..."

The night went on as we fulfilled our desires, for the next day to come for us to forget about it until the next time.

That was Stephan Sinclair for me.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 182 38
Three years ago Gemma started working for Richardson Worldwide. For the first twelve months, she worked hard until her boss, Larry Richardson, starte...
2.4M 99.9K 54
Evie: Rowan Alastair Volkov had been my biggest nightmare and rival since I met him. He was like a shadow I couldn't shrug off. Perhaps my own. With...
71.9K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
757K 24.3K 44
Her figure started trembling in fear as she was feeling her legs were getting weak. She tried to loosen his grip on her wrist but it was like if he w...