**REWRITING You will forever...

By ashlynnesalvatore

Meet Heidi, a 17-year-old high school senior with her eyes set on college. But when she crosses paths with t... More

Copyright.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.

Chapter 51.

51 16 0
By ashlynnesalvatore

Heidi's plane lands, she feels somewhat uneasy about this.

She gets her suitcase, and goes outside where her car is being pulled up for her.

"Thank you." She says

The worker smiles at her and helps her load her suitcase.

After that Heidi starts driving, it's no surprise she remembers everything around well.

It's breezy outside, not as hot as California. At least she packed some sweaters just in case she needs them.

She drives slowly to her parents house, she feels so out of place. A year ago she would have been excited to be back, but at this precise moment that was not the case.

She arrives to the house, she parks her car and notices a red truck parked.

"Did my dad buy a new truck? Well it's pretty nice." Heidi thought

She gets out of the car, and closes the door behind her, she takes a deep breathe.

"Maybe getting a hotel wouldn't be such a bad thing and no one would find out I'm back." She whispers to herself.

As she looks at her surroundings she could not believe she was back, she looks at her reflection in the car window.

She definitely looked different from when she left, everything about her was not the same anymore.

She fixes her white shorts and shirt, making sure nothing is visible.

Heidi gets her suitcase, and starts walking towards the house.

Her phone rings, and she answers it noticing the caller ID.

"Hey Princess." Justin says

"Hey, what's up?" Heidi replies as she continues walking.

"Just was calling to make sure you made it safe and sound. You did right?" Justin asks

"Yes I did, thanks for checking up on me. I just arrived actually." Heidi says as she opens the house door.

"That's good, have a great time. I'll see you soon. I love you." Justin says

Heidi closes the door behind her, and looks up "Thanks, I'll try see you next week."

She hangs up.

As she walks inside she freezes.

Her eyes meet his, just like it were the very first time their eyes had met.

She didn't know what to do or what to say, she was surprised, seeing him at her house with her parents still after two years.

"Heidi!" Maria says and braces her warmly.

"What are you doing here honey?" Maria ask's as Jose hugs her.

"I-I was just..." Heidi glares at him as his eyes met hers, he looks away and Anthony says, "Sorry to interrupt, I'll just leave you guys alone so you can talk, I'll just come back later."

He forced a smile, he didn't know what to do or feel he was confused, Happy and upset at the same time.

"Are you sure? You guys could talk?" Maria tells him.

"I'd love to, but I don't have time right now, maybe next time."

"Okay, take care son." Jose says

"Bye Heidi." He smiles at her and walks out of the house.

"Mom, is he always here?" Heidi wonders.

"Who is he?" Maria ask's as if she didn't know what she was talking about.

"Your son" Heidi sarcastically says

"You mean, your love." Her mom says

"No, your son that just left."

"That's rude, don't know what's going on with you two, but the least you can do is call him by his name."

"Yeah...yeah..whatever."

"Back to your question, not always, just the weekends or sometimes he stops by during the weekdays."

"Why?"

"Because your father and I Always invite him for dinner." She says.

"Ohhh." Heidi turns around, "Also I don't want to talk to him." Heidi still being a little bitter about everything.

"When are you going to tell me what happened? You were so in love." Maria says.

"I don't want to talk about that mom." Heidi pauses, "and like you said we used to be in love... or at least one of us was."

"Okay..well your hair?" Maria chuckles

"It's blonde." Heidi says

"Yes, like how you always wanted it, it suits you sweetie."

"Thanks Mom."

Heidi heads to her old room.

Later that day.

Heidi, her siblings, and her parents were having dinner.
"So honey, are you staying here?" Maria ask's.

"Yeah" Heidi replies taking a sip of her drink.

"For how long?" Maria ask's

"Do you not want me here or something, I mean I can leave." Heidi gets up but her mom grabs her hand.

The only excuse she had was to take things offensive so she could leave the house stay at a hotel and not have to see Anthony's face.

"No honey. Of course I want you here, I just meant like, are you now staying with us for like, forever right? You're not leaving anymore right?" Heidi froze and stared at her mom in shock.

She didn't know what to say or what to do, she tried to come up with an excuse but it didn't work, "Mom I have a-" her mom cut her off.

"You are done with your career, all you need is a job-" Heidi cut her mom off, "Mom I already have a job."
"Yes but not here" Maria says.

"Mom I can't stay, I have a life, I have a job already, why look for one when I already have one, and I have a friend, friends." Heidi tells her

"You have friends here, your family is here, you belong here" Maria says trying to convince her to stay.

"Mom I just came for a vacation, I can't stay." Heidi says

"Why not?" Her dad asks.

"Dad I already explained why." Heidi tells him, "But your mom is right your family is here" Jose says

"You're right, but I have a family over there too, I have Jason-" her dad cuts her off.

"But-"

"Mom, dad please, don't you think I'm old enough to make my own decisions?" Heidi ask's them with a serious tone.

"Of course you are, we just miss you a lot" Jose tells her

"I know, I missed you too." Heidi replies.

The day after.

Heidi opens her eyes and the blankets are tucked around her.

It's 8:00 am and it's still a bit dark. She slides out of bed and walks toward the window, she opens her curtains.

At some point during the night a thunder storm came.

The sky is dark and cloudy.

She sits on the chair next to her and glares out the window for a minute and starts thinking about what her parents had told her she couldn't sleep last night, she was wondering what would happen if she stays.

Will things go back to how they were or will it just stay as it is?

Someone knocks on the door and interrupts her thoughts, "Yes." She wonders if it's her mom or dad till she hears that specific voice.

"Hey, um it's me"
Heidi turns towards the door surprised.

"Anthony???" She whispers to herself.

Why is he here?
At this time?
Shouldn't he be at work?

She doesn't want to talk to him.
Things were just awkward and she had planned to avoid him as much as possible.
She wasn't going to answer the door but that was just plain rude.

She answers the door and finds Anthony standing in front of her, wearing a black sweater with a white shirt underneath and black jeans.

She doesn't say anything, as she looks at him, but then she speaks, "Heyy" She says still surprised and not exactly knowing how to react.

"Hi" He says smiling, "I brought you hot chocolate" He says handing her a cup of hot chocolate from Starbucks.

It's been long since she's even drank coffee or hot chocolate, it's always just been ice cream or smoothies now.

She takes it as their hands brushed by, she took a deep breathe.

"Thanks" She says smiling weirdly she was nervous and confused and-

She looks up at him and their eyes met, she could feel the electricity climbing up her toes before he steps closer to her and lifts his hand, he fixes a strand of her hair and she froze not knowing what to do.

"I have to go work" he tells her with a smile, still frozen she smiles and whispers, "Okay."

What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Bye" He turns around and walks away.

"Bye, have a nice day at work" She whispers, he turns around and smiles.

"Thanks" He says

As soon as he disappears she shuts the door and presses her back against the closed door and surprised she starts thinking about what just happened.

She didn't think after all that's happened she would still get that stupid feeling that made her weak.

She couldn't help but wonder why he was being nice, when he had a girlfriend unless they had broken up again.

Later on the night.
8:00 pm.

Getting ready to go out and go surprise Cesi, Heidi opens the door and doesn't say anything as Anthony stood there.
"Hey" he greets her, "Hey" she greets back.

Heidi was thinking why he was back, they just couldn't act normal, they were being so awkward. I mean they both had reasons.

"I know it's really weird and late but-" Anthony pauses, "Want to go for a walk?" He asks.

Struggling to say any words, she wanted to say she had plans but just ended up saying "Yeah, sure."

She went out side and for the first time she got to look at what was now his new truck, as she's about to open the door herself he steps in and opens the passenger side for her and she Thanks him, he then gets in and starts to drive.

It's was strange for her, Justin never really opened the door for her, she was used to opening it herself, so Anthony's gesture was new once again.

"It's a nice truck, you have." Heidi breaks the silence between them.

"Thanks, you like it?" He asks her with a smile.

"Yeah, it's really nice and beautiful, did you buy it or...was it a gift from your parents?" She asks looking out the window remembering the last time they were together at the park.

"I bought it, it looked a lot more different." He says not looking away from the road.

"Oh. Well it's nice, I like it." She says

"You have a new car also?" He asks

"Yeah, J-" She pauses, "I bought it a couple months ago."

Justin's name almost slipped out, and she was also trying to tell Anthony how proud she was of him, but she couldn't.

Every time she tried that stupid picture popped up in her head again and she didn't feel so good, she wanted to ask him, how could he do that to her? And why he did it?

But she couldn't, the words were stuck in her throat.

Heidi immediately knew that it was a bad idea to be around him.

She knew her emotions where all over the place, and at any moment she'd break.

"We're here" Anthony announces, they get down and walk around the park a few times in silence.

Just like the first time the park was lit up with the lights around it and the gazebo in the middle of it, just that it looked a little bit different.

"Looks like they added more lights on the gazebo." Heidi spoke.

"Yeah they did, they also added some benches to it" Anthony tells her.

"Really?" She ask's with a big smile

"Yeah let's take a look" He doesn't think about it twice, he took her hand and gently squeezed her fingers, she sucked in a breathe and glares at their laced fingers and looks up at him, he looks down at her with a small smile and their eyes met again, they both felt the tension and the chemistry between them.

He still caused her those sparks through her body.
And she still made that possessive thrill run through his blood.
They just can't hide their feelings from one another.

Anthony turns around and starts to walk to the gazebo holding Heidi's hand.

They step inside the gazebo and he lets her hand go.
At that moment when their hands weren't attached to each other she felt empty. Coldness crept up her fingers all the way to her toes.

They sit down and remain silent before Anthony spoke up, "You know, I really miss the late night walks, when we would just come here to talk and walk around."

"Yeah, everything was much more easier back then." She looks down at her lap.

"What do you mean?" He asks, he knows her very well to know that something is bothering her.

"Just, we were in high school and..yeah." She replies, but he knew that something else was bothering her.

"Anyways, how have you been?" She asked him with a smile.

"I've been good-" he pauses, "I've missed you a lot though...it was not the same without you." They stay silent for a second.

"And I can see you still wear the necklace I gave you, that makes me really happy seeing you wear it." He smiles at her and she smiles back.

"It's a beautiful necklace, thank you for giving it to me and I..would be lying if I said I didn't miss you." She whispers the last part so he wouldn't hear, but he did.

Just then as they looked at each other, it was like time stopped for a minute and a song played in the background from the people having a party, it was their song perfect.

"Remember that's our song." Anthony said, "Yeah, from senior ball." She replies, and looks away, he got up and offers her a hand, she takes it and they go sit on the grass.

"Lay with me and enjoy the stars." He tells her and she does. Laying on the grass their hands almost touching they stare at the dark sky full of stars all over.

Then slowly he approaches her hand and turns his head towards her.

"I'm glad to see you again." He whispers, she turns towards him and their faces are just inches apart from each other.

"Me too." She whispers back staring at each other's eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 26 17
abigail has somewhat of a hard life. or at least that's what she says her dad walked out on her and her mom. causing her mom 2 become an alcoholic...
45 0 20
It's basically a story about your average gamer hanging with her high school friends, and meeting new friends along the way. She was having fun until...
4.3K 330 32
When Natalie Casen goes through a rough sophmore year, she vows to never make the same mistakes again! With her sister always at her back, a school "...
3.8K 1K 42
Katelyn is a typical high school senior. Prom is only a week away, will she be able to find a date to prom? Will choose the right path for her life a...