Indigo // BTS Mafia AU

By heartbreakwriter27

"Why do they call you Indigo?" "It's the last color they see before they die." Cover by @hoseqx Some rankings... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thrity One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Fourty
Fourty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
A little Q&A about the book
Surprise ;)
Indigo: Recon Chapter 1

Forty Eight

44.9K 2K 1.7K
By heartbreakwriter27

Jungkook's POV

I woke up in pain, which is not a good way to wake up.

I felt like I was broken all over. Everything ached, but for some reason nothing was too overbearing. I remember being shot in the arm, stabbed in the side, and then finally, shot in the back.

Would've sounded better if I was stabbed there.

The very loud sound of a handle turning caught my attention. I held my hand up to shield my eyes from the bright light that entered the dimly lit room. The door closed with a clank and suddenly it was dark again.

"You're awake," Luke's unmistakable voice rings through what I can only assume is some kind of prison cell.

"Look like it," I mumble, realizing where I was now.

"Bet you're wondering how," Luke chuckles. "I mean, you should be dead," he claps his hands together, walking closer to light that emits from the one lightbulb above me. "Shot twice, stabbed, and in pretty bad places too."

"You should've just killed me," I scoff, looking him right in the eyes. I knew he ordered whatever doctors he had to save me, but I didn't understand why.

"That would be no fun," Luke pouts, making me quirk an eyebrow at him. "Killing you is easy, but killing you in front of Ara," his pout turns into a smirk. "The look on her face is just too much to pass up."

"Shut up," I growl, glaring up at him.

"How much do you think it'll break her?" Luke smiles. "To see the man she loves die in front of her? How do you think she'll cope knowing it would be all her fault?"

I lunged at him, ready to rip his throat out, but the chains around my wrists held me back. He let out a throaty laugh at my attempt, shaking his head.

"I have to meet with your leader right now to discuss your release," Luke makes air quotes with his hands at the last part. "And I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve."

"You're not gonna win this," I scoff. "Bangtan is far better than any man you have. There's a reason Raymond was the boss and you were just his bitch."

A dull pain erupts across my cheek and I fall back. I bring my hand up to where Luke had punched me and wince when I can already feel it bruising.

"Consider that a parting gift," Luke glares at him, shaking his hand out. "The next time I see you, you won't be alive long."

-

Ara's POV

"Come on Tae you're not gonna die!" I yell over the edge of the building. Everyone had already made it to the top. Yoongi, Jimin, me, and even Hoseok had conquered his fear of heights to get to the top. Taehyung however, was finding it very difficult to do the final bit of his climb to reach the top.

"Dude we told you not to look down!" Jimin smirks, looking down at Taehyung's shaking body. He was shaking so bad the rope was shaking as well, which was not a good thing.

"Yeah well I did so!" He yells back in frustration, his eyes shut closed in fear.

"We don't have time for this," Yoongi rolls his eyes, looking at his watch.

"Come on Tae, it's not that much longer to the top!" I tell him. "Being up here is better than hanging where you are!"

"Okay, okay," Taehyung groans, looking at me with fear in his eyes. He starts to move his feet slowly up, wincing with every step.

"You're almost there," I try and encourage him. He was truly very close to the top, he just had to get there.

It was painfully slow, but he was getting closer. His eyes were closed as he took every step, not even wanting to look up at us because of his fear.

"Taehyung you have to open your eyes," I bend down, leaning over the edge. He was so close, I could almost reach him. "Taehyung give me your hand," I tell him. He finally opens his eyes and looks at me, some of his fear melting away. He reaches out for my hand and our fingers touch. But then somehow he slips, and I lunge forward without thinking.

I know I'm not falling because there's no scary feeling in my stomach. I feel arms wrapped around my waist and I open my eyes that had closed shut when I thought I had jumped to my death.

I was halfway off the side of the building. Taehyung was dangling over the side, both hands clasped in mine. I turned behind me and saw Jimin with his arms around my waist, holding me up with all his might while Yoongi and Hoseok helped him stay still.

"I'm gonna pull back now," Jimin grunts, clearly getting tired holding us. He begins to pull and I make sure my grip on Taehyung stays tight. When I'm completely on top of the roof again Jimin comes to my side and helps me pull Taehyung up.

"How the hell did you slip?" Yoongi pants, clearly not used to so much physical exertion.

"I got scared," Taehyung mumbles. I can see that he's shaking from fear, still in shock from literally almost falling to his death. I walk over and without a second thought pull him into a hug. He could be mad at me all he wanted, but I was going to comfort him in this moment. "Thank you," He whispers, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"You can thank her for almost dying to save your life later," Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Let's get a move on. Namjoon can only stall for so long."

We all nod and I release Taehyung. He gives me a small, grateful smile, which I return.

Heading over to the rooftop entrance Yoongi pulls out his gun as a precaution. He reaches for the door and swings it open quickly, revealing no one.

"He doesn't guard the roof," Hoseok smirks. "Just like we suspected."

"Don't get too cocky now," Jimin pats Hoseoks shoulder, walking into the entrance first. I follow right after, wanting to say something to him.

"Hey," I whisper. He turns around and faces me, a smile on his face. "Thank you, for you know, saving me, while I was trying to save Taehyung."

"I'd do it again for you," Jimin smiles, his eyes disappearing for a moment. "I love you Ara, and please don't think I'm confessing. I think you know what I mean when I say those words," he chuckles.

"I do," I nod, feeling my heart swell at his words. "I love you too." Jimin was like my best friend here, a brother even sometimes. While Namjoon was my blood and I loved him. Something about Jimin, made us click, and he has been there for me ever since. I would always be grateful for that.

"How much longer?" Taehyung asks from the back.

"He really is a child," Hoseok sighs from behind me. "Jimin?"

"Should be around the corner," He shrugs, peering around the corner. I peered out beneath him and sure enough, there was a door there with a guard standing in front, looking very bored. "I'll take care of this," Jimin pulls out his gun. I notice that his has a silencer attached, and I understand what he's gonna do.

I decide to look away. While I had killed before, it didn't make me in the least bit okay with it. I preferred not to witness the violent act.

A small sound and a thud lets me know Jimin's done his job. I look back up and see the guard on the ground and Jimin smiling triumphantly above him. He motions for us to come and we do, stepping over the guards body in the process.

When the door opens we see that we're exactly where we need to be; Taehyung was right about the floor plan this time. I got sudden chills at the sight of the knife wall, remembering the pain in my shoulder when one of those daggers pierced me.

"I'll go," Yoongi offers, stepping forward to try the course. I throw my arm out and stop him though, shaking my head.

"I've done it before, I'll go."

"Um, no," Yoongi scoffs. "You got stabbed last time."

"Because I fell."

"What if you fall again?"

"I wont."

"How can you-"

"I'm going," I cut him off, stepping onto a square. I vaguely remembered it not being a trigger and luckily I was right. "See?" I try and make a point of my luck.

"Fuck you," Yoongi glares at me, clearly not happy I'd disobeyed him and put myself in danger.

"Yeah you wish," I mutter.

"What?"

"Nothing!" My eyes widen when I realize he could've heard me. I take another step to get farther away and breathe a sigh of relief when a knife doesn't fly out and stab me.

This game of chance goes on for a while. Taehyung told me where to go but I messed up a few times and had to jump out of the way. I barely missed one aimed at my head, which didn't make the boys happy.

When I finally reached the knife wall I felt a sense of accomplishment go through me. Last time the trap had bested me, but this time, I'd won.

"Where's the handle?" I turn back to Taehyung.

"Should be at the top of the left side," He nods. I look up and realize how high up that is. Groaning I jump up, trying to reach the handle.

I forgot how tall my father was.

On my third jump I manage to reach it, pulling it down and revealing an opening. I turn back to the boys and give them a reassuring nod, letting them know I was going inside.

When I stepped into the darkness I thought it was empty. There was absolutely no light at first. But as if on a sensor, suddenly a single light bulb lit up above a slouched over person.

My heart started to beat rapidly as I recognized the build of the person. I couldn't believe it. It was him.

"Jungkook," I try and day confidently, but my voice ends up wavering with emotion. He looks up at me, and it takes him a minute to recognize me. But when he does, he jumps up and smiles.

I run to him, jumping into his arms and wrapping my legs around his waist. I notice the clink of his chains as he wraps his arms around me.

"Ara," his voice is muffled against my skin. His embrace is bone crushing, but I don't care. We'd found him, and he was alive, just like I knew he was.

"Are you okay?" I jump down from him, inspecting his face in the dim light. He has a fresh bruise on his cheek and my face falls at the sight. "What happened? Did Luke do that to y-"

"Shhh, Ara, I'm okay," he chuckles, holding my face in his hands. "I'm better than okay now." He pushes a piece of hair behind my ear. "You're here."

Jungkook's lips were just like I remembered. When he leaned in and kissed me the same floating feeling appeared, making me feel on like I was on cloud nine.

My hands found there way to his hair and I pulled him closer if that was even possible. I never wanted to leave this moment, but I knew we had more important things to do before we really celebrated being reunited.

"We have to get you out of here," I pull away from him reluctantly. Jungkook pouts but nods, knowing we couldn't stay here.

I start to fiddle with his chains, looking for anything to pick the lock. As I'm searching my pockets I don't hear the door close behind me.

"Ara," Jungkook reaches out and pulls me into his chest. I'm about to ask what's wrong but then I hear a chuckle, an all too familiar chuckle.

Luke steps into the light, an evil smirk adorning his face.

"How cute," He chuckles. "You two, all in love."

"Just because I didn't get the chance to kill you before doesn't mean I wont do it now," I lunge for him but Jungkook holds me back.

"Is that a promise?" He quirks an eyebrow. "I hope you do." He takes another step closer to us and Jungkook tightens his hold around my waist. Luke just laughs, shaking his head at us. "You can't protect her now," he says to Jungkook before yanking me from his arms. I let out a scream and Luke holds me agaisnt his chest.

Jungkook looked so scared, watching me in Lukes arms. I dare say he looked more scared than I was.

"The show will start soon," Luke coos, stroking my hair, his grip around my neck tightening. Only then do I know what he's doing.

"Goodnight Ara, when you wake up, you're going to wish I killed you right now."

-

Well hello there guys. My crazy week is over and I couldn't be happier. I hope I dont have too many more of those because they really suck.

Y'all this story is getting closer and closer to ending every day and it kind makes me sad :( you're all such good readers and this story has been so fun to write.

Jungkook and Ara are reunited! Yay! What do you think will happen when Ara wakes up?

What do you think Namjoon or the other boys are doing?

This is only kinda proof read so more edits later maybe

I'm not sure when the next update will be but hopefully it won't take as long as this one.

Thank you guys for 60k❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I cant thank you enough really

Remember to comment, share, and vote!

~Amy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 22.1K 64
[COMPLETED] Cover by @/nightingales- "Did it mean nothing to you, Yoongi?! Were all those afternoons we spent together just a part of your games!? Wa...
88.5K 2K 110
✔️ You've been added to a groupchat ranked - #47 on 방탄
808K 31.8K 59
T: So, how are you J: Gay, thanks for asking --- #3 - toptae [21/05/019♡] #2 - taekook [8/08/019♡] #1 - jeonjungkook [12/08/019♡] #1 - taehyungxjungk...
3.7K 199 22
Complete ✔ Edited/Revised: 2024 Living in a hybrid world where all colors in existence are shades of gray, until you meet your soulmate(s).