Ea$t to W3st 🐍

η”± pinkdollzone

Dariah-Imani Brown was a regular harlem girl who was sent to live with her brother in LA who she never knew a... ζ›΄ε€š

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Author's note
chapter 12 (technically 11)
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
Author's note
chapter 29
Author's note
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35

chapter 23

18K 643 697
η”± pinkdollzone

••

Dariah-Imani

It's been almost two weeks and they have been hell. Dave and I have been arguing so badly to the point where I'm currently at Chris's house. Chris and the boys are on tour which is a relief cause I'm not in the mood for any drama.

I had been in the house since then, ignoring everyone besides Chris's calls just so he wouldn't get suspicious. Alicia had returned the thousands of calls and texts that I had left for her finally, but we haven't gotten to the normal us yet.

The doorbell rang knocking me out my thoughts. I got up slowly and took my time answering the door, making sure to look like I just woke up.

"What you doin' here?" I twisted my lip, confused on why they were at my door.

"Um a "hey" would nice... rude ass" Vanessa rolled her eyes at me.

"I don't really THINK I was talking to you" I folded my arms and shifted my weight on one leg.

"Well you THINK too much" She folded her arms as well which laid just right above her baby bump.

Damn her baby is growing fast.

"I'm not sure why or what you are doing in front of my house right now.. if you don't care to explain then you can escort yourself out"

"So you ain't gonna invite us first?" Dave spoke up for the first time since they arrived.

I sighed and mentally rolled my eyes as I opened the door wide enough for them to come in and stepped aside.

"Hmm this place could need some work" Victoria mumbled.

"David control yo baby mama" I retorted, sitting across from them on the couch.

"On the topic of baby mama- " Dave started before he was interrupted.

"Hold on baby" She said to him then turned to me."You ain't gon' offer us drinks or snacks? i'm pregnant boo, I need refreshments"

I was deadass about to slap the shit out of this jawn.

"She forreal?" I rhetorically asked to Dave. "Babygirl let me tell you something real quick, YOU are in MY house ok? you're gonna keep quiet and know your boundaries. You lucky I even let you in my house like girl you are doin' the most right now"

After that she kept quiet, Dave continued. "So what's this i'm hearing about me being the father of yo kid?"

Everything froze.

How the hell did he find out? Only people who knew were Chris and my sister. My heart was beating so loudly I didn't even hear the words coming out of his mouth.

"Hello? Are you listening to me?" Dave repeated louder than before.

"What'd you say?"

"I asked if it was true.." He looked at me sternly, I looked away to avoid his dark eyes that was staring a grave into me.

"I..I..Um..Well you see.. Huh?" I stumbled over my words like an idiot. Vanessa was chuckling so hard, she almost choked.

"Yo spit it out.. you of all people should know I ain't got patience for people to waste my fucking time Imani" I could tell he was getting more upset.

"Yes.." I whispered.

Silence took over the room, his eyes got darker and his face got harder. "Speak..the fuck..UP" He gritted.

Damn so this nigga didn't hear me the first time? Obviously it's true if I'm acting like this.. shit.

I cleared my throat and spoke up. "Yes David, I am pregnant and you are the father of this child"

At first he didn't say anything then next you know he threw a vase across this room, he got up towards the word but stopped to stare at me again before leaving making sure to slam the door behind him. I panicked once I heard his car engine on, his bitch was still here and I know damn well she ain't staying here.

I turned around to face her and she had her legs propped up on the glass table while reaching for the remote. I raced towards her, snatching the remote away.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked with a stank face.

"No girl.. what do YOU think you're doing? what part of 'this is my house' don't you understand? you buggin' "

"David ain't coming back so you can get rid of that tough act" She said standing up and going to the kitchen. I just stood there trying to process what the hell was going on and why she is so comfortable.

She came back with a bowl of fruit and a cup of juice then sat back down, turning on the TV.

"You gonna just stand there all day?" She asked plopping a strawberry in her mouth with her eyes still stuck on the TV.

I honestly didn't know what to say so after a few seconds, I just sat next to her.

"You need to let go of this hate you have for me, we're sister baby mommas now"

"I don't have hate.. you're just annoying" I replied bluntly.

"The feeling is mutual love" She said. "I'm not that bad of a person once you get to know me, I just really love him and I don't want him to get distracted"

"Does he love you?" I asked her.

"I believe so" She responded, finally looking at me. "I know you have feelings for him"

"I do"

"I also know he cheated on me with you" She added.

"Ya weren't together so.." I trailed off.

"Doesn't matter, it was barley a month and feelings don't just disappear like that"

"Clearly his feelings weren't strong enough if he decided to come my way" I said with a hint of unintentional attitude.

"Lil girl don't get smart.. you're a child, what the hell you know about love?"

"You're not that older.. I been through so much shit that you wouldn't even imagine. I'm grown and I don't need yo ass tellin' me shit. I go for what I want and David is what I want so Ima go get 'em" I told her straight up, I let her know I wasn't playing no games. All my life I had to be fierce and a go getter so that's exactly what Ima do and ain't no one gonna stop me.

"You're funny if you think you'll get MY man, I'm warning you now not to embarrass yourself" She 'warned'. "I'm bringing his first born into the world and I've known him longer, you're wasting your time. Two options : a lost and broken home wrecking sad case of a person OR a beautiful smart WOMAN who's bearing his child .. whobdo you think MY man will choose?" She giggled.

I felt my skin getting hotter by the second, I knew my anger will push me to do the unthinkable but I tried my best to keep it in.

Ignore her.. Ignore her.. I kept thinking to myself, praying my anger doesn't lead me to kill this lady.

"Get out my house" I said as calmly as I could be.

"Excuse me..?" She looked shocked.

"Are you hard of hearing? GET OUT" I yelled at her causing her to jump. "Leave now before I drag you"

She didn't move.

"Girl you got 5 seconds. 5..4..1" I took her hand and forcefully pulled her from the couch then lightly shoved her towards the door.

"You better be gone when I wake up" I called out making my way upstairs to my room.

......

The constant ringing of my phone woke me.

"What?" I groggily answered, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"YO THE FUCK GOIN ON WITH YOU?" I instantly knew it was Dave's.

"First of all I just woke up so you can relax"

He sighed before speaking up again. "Why'd you kick my baby mama out? Dariah I don't know what's going on with you lately"

That stung me.. badly.

"Seriously David? I'm your baby's mother too, I don't get no kind of respect or attention either? Why is everything always about Vanessa? Why can't I get attention? I'm tired of feeling like a side chick David"

I wanted David, I want him to be all mine and I'm tired of him always putting her first. I'm not crazy, I'm just in love and I need him to love me back.

When he didn't answer, I continued. "I love you David and all i'm asking is for you to love back fully. I'm having your child, what more do you want from me ? What is it that makes Vanessa better than me?"

"Dariah you need help"

"What? I need help ? I need help David? Are you dumb ? What do I possibly need help for ?"

"You're acting crazy" He responded. "I'm gonna talk to Chris about signing you up for therapy"

"I'm not fucking crazy" I gritted my teeth.

"You're right, those weren't the right choice of word. When's yo next appointment for the baby?" He changed the topic.

"Today.. in an hour" I smiled, he does care.

"Aight, Ima come pick you and Nessa up then take you to yo appointment. Be ready in 15" He said before ending the call.

I laid back against the headboard just smiling, thinking of how beautiful our family will be. There's just one problem that can be easily fixed..Vanessa.

I got up and changed into some yoga pants with a tank top then jogged downstairs to see if Vanessa was still there.. and she was.

She was sleeping on the coach, I nudged her to wake up and she didn't until a few seconds later.

"Get up, Dave is coming" I told her before walking outside to wait on the porch.

"Where we going?" She asked behind me.

"I don't know where he is taking you" I said blandly. "He's taking me to our baby's appointment" I turned around smirking to see her reaction but she showed no emotion causing me to frown.

I heard a beep and recognized that it was Dave. I sped walked to the front seat and got in while Vanessa got in the back.

"Hey baby" I smiled and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"Dariah" He looked at me sternly. He turned to face Vanessa. "Wassup ? you good?" He asked her, rubbing her thigh.

"Yeah, I'm just tired" She yawned and leaned back. "Can you take me to my parent's house?"

Dave frowned. "Why? I was gonna take you home"

I felt a tint of jealousy when he said "home".

"I don't feel good, I just want to be with my parents right now. I'm not upset with you or anything" She gave him a light smile. He gave her an unsure look before nodding and driving out the driveway.

The drive to her parent's house was mostly silent besides the soft music playing through the radio. We dropped her off then made our way to the hospital for our appointment.

"Hello, what can I do for you today?"  The front desk lady smiled at us.

"Hi, we have an appointment for Dariah-Imani Brown at 6:00" I smiled and held on to Dave's arm.

"Alrighty, let me check" She clicked away on her computer. "Hmm that's odd, we don't have an appointment set"

Dave looked at me, and I shrugged him. "Check again please, D A R I A H hyphen I M A N I brown"

"I triple checked, you aren't in the system for appointments ma'am. What was your doctor's name?"

"Doctor Dean"

"We have no doctor dean at this hospital, this might be the wrong hospital miss" She politely said.

"No I do not, check again or find me a damn doctor. I am pregnant for Christ sakes, CAN I GET A DAMN BREAK?" I yelled causing attention to be drawn towards us, the lady was shocked.

"Dariah stop causing a scene. Stop that shit" Dave angrily said.

"NO ! I WANT A DAMN DOCTOR AND THIS BITCH IS DISRESPECTFUL. TRYNA SAY I AM WRONG AND CONFUSED. BITCH ILL FIGHT YOU" I screamed at her, trying to get my hands on her but I was being held back by Dave.

"Ok Ma'am Ok, i'll call in a doctor" She said before making a phone call. "Please head to room 240 and doctor yashid will be there" She was frightened.

As we walked to room 240, Dave scolded me the whole way there and honestly I wanted to slap him. I don't know why I acted out downstairs, it's probably these hormones.

Some minutes later, the doctor came in. "Hello Mr. and Mrs.Brown, how are you doing today?"

"I'm well" I responded.

"We aren't together" Dave added.

"Oh" Doctor Yashid responded. "Well let's get started. Lay back and pull your shirt up for me"

I did as told and he put a gel on my belly then used a round thing that was hooked to the ultrasound to spread the gel around my belly.

"Hmm" He mumbled.

"What?" I panicked.

"I can't seem to find the baby.." He responded.

"Excuse me? you better look harder"

"Ms.Brown, when was your last appointment?"

"Um I never had one, I took a pregnancy test and talked to this doctor over the phone"

"Which doctor was that?"

"Doctor dean"

"There's no doctor with that name here.. also pregnancy tests aren't always 100% positive. Here take this cup and pee in it so I can check"

I took the cup and went to the bathroom to pee in it then came back out and handed to him.

"It'll only be a short wait" He said before exiting the room to go do testing.

"Dariah you sure you're pregnant? Ima be pissed if you ain't. Wasting my time and ruining my relationship with my baby mama who's actually pregnant" Dave spoke up, not giving eye contact though. it was attached to his phone like always, I didn't respond to him.

About 30 minutes later, Doctor Yashid came in with a paper.

"Ms.Brown, the pregnancy test you took was incorrect and you aren't really pregnant. I'm sorry" He said handing me the paper.

"Give me that" I snatched the paper out of his hand, reading it then ripped it up. "YOU are wrong, YOU ARE ALL WRONG" I screamed at him, feeling the tears drop from my eyes. "YOU ARE FUCKING WRONG" I chased after him but Dave came and held me back once again. He picked me up and carried me to the car, setting me in the back seat then drove me back to Chris's house.

"Stay with me" I pleaded once we got to my front door.

"You need fucking help, Chris will be flying back first thing tomorrow morning" Dave said disgusted. He hopped back in his car and sped out.

I dragged my feet to my room and got under the covers, crying myself to sleep. I felt crazy, everyone made me feel crazy but I knew I wasn't. I can't be.

••

HEY LOVES. 💗 how was this chapter? I know y'all been waiting foreverr lol, I truly apologize. but don't forget to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Also, thank you so much for the 11K reads, the 700 votes, and the wonderful comments. You're all appreciated. 😘

η»§η»­ι˜…θ―»

You'll Also Like

2.7K 154 16
"Calm down, just calm down." He thought to himself as he tried to even out his labored breathing, it it seems to just have made it worse. His breat...
57.8K 6.3K 59
ATTENTION: YOU MUST READ FRESHMEN YEAR FIRST! Freshly new nineteen year old, Shai Carter, is back with even more madness. Entering his sophomore year...
333K 11K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...
319K 12.8K 47
Savanna Thomas, pregnant and alone. At the age of twenty two, savanna discovered she was pregnant by her long time boyfriend Emani Samuels. Emani wa...