Rising Above Yourself (Varian...

By Midnight-Drawing77

{Tangled the Series AU} {PG13} Still feeling the hatred of the Kingdom of Corona, the Young Alchemist Boy ke... More

Prologue/Ch.1
Author's Note
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Sailing Master: Andy
Doctor: Demitri
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.14
Crew Member: Raccoon Boy
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch.18

Ch.5

3.1K 134 148
By Midnight-Drawing77

[WARNING: Slightly Dark]

><-------------------><-------------------><

“Pirates. Stupid pirates always lying….cheating.”

Varian said to himself while mopping the upper deck and by now it was dark again.

The Blue Phoenix was on land and sitting in a crevice of a mountain to hide from travelers. Nothing much happened to Varian, except being shoved, yelled at to clean something up, and basically doing all the dirty work. Literally.

Side to side the mop went and Varian was just lost in thought.

Something blows his bangs and Varian glances up. “AH!” He stumbles back and clinging to the mop.

You laugh out loud and climb down from hanging upside while pulling your whip down as well. “You know. If you want, I can change your job to something else.”

Varian snorts, “Like what? Kitchen duties?”

“Mmmm, possibility. UNLESS.” You step in front of him, taking the mop and tossing it to the side. “You've got what it takes on a heist.”

“No thanks. I'm not trusting anything you say, CAPTAIN.” Varian mocks the word Captain. By the closeness you two had, Varian noticed you were a little taller than he was though it didn't change his thoughts about you. A Pirate Captain.

“Fair enough. If you change your mind, then you know who to ask.” You blow on his bangs and ruffle Rudiger’s fur before walking over to your crew members who were coming on the heist.

Varian looks over the ship and at the ground. He wondered how this ship can fly and another thought came to mind. He could leave this ship while the Captain was gone.

“Alright, there's a camp nearby with a famous scientist guy and we need to steal a few things back for our Doctor Demitri.” You tie a sword around your waist with your whip. “What was his name again?”

Demitri glances at you with a bored expression, but you could see the hatred for the man in his eyes. “Alcott St. Croix. Hardly a doctor.”

Varian’s attention went to the group once he heard St. Croix’s name.

“Right. Not that I care, but this St. Croix is a Jackass.”

Everyone laughs at your comment.

“I'm going with you guys.”

A path is cleared and you turn around, raising a brow at Varian. “Something peak your interest, Raccoon Boy?”

“Yes.” Varian crosses his arms with Rudiger on his shoulder, who crosses his arms too.

You tap your chin and stalk up to him, “I guess you can come, but you have to listen to me. Understood? I'm not losing anyone because of your selfish reasons.”

Varian mentally sighs and crosses his fingers behind his back. “Yes, Captain Rouge.”

Your gaze shifts to Demitri. He nods his head once.

“Bunny! Pistol.”

A pistol and a holster at you which you grab. You hold it out to Varian.

Why on Earth would someone trust Varian with a pistol? Apparently, you did and Varian didn't argue while strapping the pistol around his waist.

“Good. Let's have some fun tonight, Boys!” You toss your hat to Munch who stays to watch the ship.

Once the group had gotten of the ship, they make their way through the forest quietly and some silent gestures were passed around to keep everyone entertained.

You were in the very back, having Bunny lead since she is the only to keep everyone quiet and in line. That little girl wasn't always so crazy, but you guess having parents who never pay any attention to you could change you.

Parents.

That made you want to spit the ground in distaste.

Your close as you try to calm the anger burning inside you. The pain that you suffered through physically and mentally. There were a few things you always regret, but it was for survival.

He gave you away.

Gave you away to very bad people.

You were treated like an animal in a circus runned by monsters.

The disgusting cheers of sick people.

The bullwhip crackling for many reasons.

Rudiger tugs on Varian’s ear and looks back at you. Varian follows his gaze and notices you're gripping your whip tightly like you want to tear it apart.

“Captain.” Bunny whispers.

You stop and look at her as she gives the signal that you are at the camp.

The camp had many size tents but one in particular was bigger that the others and inside a sleeping Doctor St. Croix slept. He snores and mumbles in his sleep. A few guards from Corona seemed to be with him, most likely dropping him off to the city close by.

This heist wasn't going to use weapons unless it gets out of hand because you want to have a little fun.

Varian watched you walk into the middle of the camp and pick up a pan and wooden spoon. “What is she doing?” Varian asked Bunny.

Bunny just giggles quietly to herself, “Bang the pot. Bang iiiit.”

The loud bangs from the metal pot rang out throughout the camp, causing everyone to wake up and a certain doctor to stomp out with a very angry face.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!”

The guards surround you and you drop the pot.

“I'm gonna steal some things from your camp, so it would be great if you-”

St. Croix laughs obnoxiously and pokes your chest, “And what's a little girl like you going to do?”

You stare at his finger and a chuckle escapes you mouth, “I don't like being touched.”

St. Croix sneers and grabs you up by the shirt, “And I don't like BEING WOKEN UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!”

You smirk darkly, “I gave you chance, Jackass.” With a swing, you managed to get back to the ground and throw St. Croix over your shoulder.

The guards all pull out their swords and run at you, which all you did was stick out your foot. A few trip and dog pile on themselves.

“Whoever is training you guys is very bad at it.” You comment and catch the blade between your palms. You scoff, “This sword is dull.”

With a whistle from you, Varian is hesitant to follow the others as they start raiding and fighting. He wasn't scared when he went on an all out battle with the Princess Rapunzel, so why was he scared now? They weren't even hurting any of people or guards, maybe it was the way they fought. They looked extremely aggressive.

Varian snuck around until he got to the tent that you dragged St. Croix into. He opened the flap and ducked when a oil lamp flew over his head. Rudiger had moved to cling to Varian’s waist.

“Where are the formulas, St. Croix?” You now held Croix by the shirt.

“I-I don't know what the bloody hell you're talking about, you-you STREET MOUSE!”

“Found it!” Bunny jumps out of a chest with a thin journal. “Oooooo! It has Demitri’s name written in it.”

“You're a liar, ya selfish rat and by the way.” You know grasp his long nose and nearly break it, “I'm Pirate. A Captain to be more specific, get your words right, DOCTOR.” You nod your head toward the exit, “Bunny, tell the others we got what we came for and to start heading out.”

“Aye, aye, Captain!” Bunny rolls out of the tent with giggling.

“Shoot him.”

Varian freezes. Not completely sure if you were talking to him.

“I'm talking to you, Raccoon Boy.”

With slow steps, he finally gets in St. Croix view. Let's say the man didn't take kindly to Varian and totally lost it.

“YOU! I always knew you'd be a part of something this-this preposterous!”

Varian could feel his hatred boiling for the rude man, not only that but he remembered what St. Croix did to him. “You think THIS is preposterous?”

He grabs St. Croix’s pajama shirt with one hand and the other had pulled out the pistol. Varian holds the end to the scientist's head. “For a scientist you are very STUPID. Messing with my invention, getting me disqualified from the expo, then blaming me for what went wrong. You made me look like a fool in front of everyone!”

St. Croix gulps and fearfully looks at the weapon.

You put your hands behind your back, knowing very well that Varian hates this man. There was something you've seen in Varian that night he first came aboard. There was only one way to find out.

“Shoot him.”

Varian heard you and his finger was on the trigger, though he didn't use much strength to pull back. He was hesitant. It was an easy action to pull, but the will to pull was hard.

“Shoot. Him.”

“Please.” St. Croix begs.

You pressure Varian, “Do it.”

Rudiger is scared and runs out of the tent. Varian is still glaring at the man and watches him tensing up in fear. Almost like Varian’s crushing him. An image flashes across the young alchemist’s eyes. The way he was crushing Cassandra and the Queen. Varian clenches his teeth and feels the levers in his hands.

He pulls.

There was a loud bang.

Everyone outside is silent and Rudiger is hiding in Bunny's hair.

Varian is breathing heavily and gets up. With the pistol in hand, he shoves it onto your chest and walks out.

You stare at the pistol in your hands and shift your gaze to the tent's exit. A soft smile graced your lips.

It was still there.

A step in the right direction for him.

A small box with bandages is picked up and you toss it, while squatting down. “He had a choice.” You glare as bandages scatter to the floor. “And he chose to spare you.”

Alcott St. Croix was crying like a baby and holding his nose while stuffing bandages to his face.

“Lies keep growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face. Be lucky, the kid made more room, yeah?” You casually stroll out of the tent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 285 10
Rapunzel, Eugene and Cassandra must work together to save Varian, an alchemist and former friend gone mad, who was kidnapped by a rogue guard, and wi...
1.3K 34 15
The is a sequel of 'Away from Old Corona'. Plot; Rapunzel got the Moonstone. She has taken her home castle and the Kingdom of Corona. It's up to Euge...
5.1K 116 25
When the Saporains threaten to destroy Corona once more, the Royal family willingly gives themselves up to protect Corona, leaving the Kingdom in a s...
13.6K 430 26
You have been an orphan for as long as you can remember. You have always liked acting and alchemy. One day you meet a boy named Varian, who also like...