Ch.7

Everyone stood frozen, not moving an inch as a pair of boots thumped slowly yet threatening. That was the only sound on the upper deck, even Varian was slightly afraid to breath and he was standing next to Munch.

Munch looked like he wanted to kill somebody or he was ready to, luckily Andy kept him in place. His heavy breaths were scary.

“Let's be dramatic here and put on a show, yeah?” You stop pacing with your backs to the crew. “SOMEONE on board tried to KILL ME!” You spun around with your hands behind your back. “Are you really that STUPID? If I were to kill the Captain, I would've gone for food poisoning! Because I love food! Or, or, get the Captain while she's asleep because I love sleeping in!”

Varian thought there was seriously something wrong with you now. How could you just blabber your weak points?

“Whoever you were, which I already know, YOU had to try to squash me like a bug! You knew I'm the only one to fix the engine by myself, BUT you didn't count on anyone going with me.”

A glint of a dagger caught Varian’s eye and he nearly yelled out when the tip of the dagger was an inch away from his face.

G appeared on Varian's right and had caught the thrown dagger. J, on Varian's left, glared at the one who threw it.

You scoff, “Are you really that stupid? You know, I know my crew, especially the new ones and you…...you kept hiding every chance you got. Trying to play the part, but Pretty Boy.” You meet eyes with them. “You're not the first.”

“Well, you gotta give me some credit for trying, Captain. It would've been nice to own a ship like this and a good pirate crew.” A young man steps out from the crew. His man-bun standing out and his well groomed lion's mane.

Varian recognized him. That was the guy that played Cassandra and tried to steal the journal of Herz Der Soone. Some of the guards mocked him for his name, Hubert compared to the made up name, Andrew. Varian didn't even notice him on the ship.

“I never trusted men with the very long sideburns, especially if connects to their beard.” You try to hold back your temper.

Andrew smirks, “So you don't like Santa Claus?”

“NEVER TRUST HIM! He watches you when you sleep.” Your eye twitches and you clear your throat when everyone looks at you with confusion.

Varian notices the pink in your cheeks and how embarrassed you were. Something he didn't think you'd ever show and it made him feel more at ease.

“So you son of a-”

“It's Andrew.”

“Hubert.” Varian states plainly.

Andrew narrows his eyes at him and you hum.

“Well, HUbert. I want you off my ship in less than five minutes or you'll pay the consequences.” Your eyes darken, “And you wouldn't want to see that.”

Andrew snorts, “I've taken on many people, even women. You're just a kid who's got a bark, but no bite.”

You snap your fingers and the crew immediately heads below deck to the dining room. “G, J. Take Varian below deck as well.”

“Aye, aye, Captain.” The twins pick up Varian by the arms. “Sorry.” “You might not want to see what will happen.”

Varian glances back at you and your main crew as Bunny hands you a lasso. That's all he say before the stairs cut off his view and he's in the dining room. The twins stay in front of the door, so he doesn't go out.