Ch.14

Being far from home isn't all fun and games. Adding to the list is that no matter where you are, it's always unknown and sometimes terrifying. First, it goes swell until suddenly you're in an unrecognizable cliffside area, tied and hanging high above a pit of vicious crocodiles.

Varian is completely infiltrated.

Next to him, the Captain of the Blue Phoenix is unconscious and tied like himself. It had gone into the next day, seeming noon time and Varian had been up since sunrise. He had tried kicking the female awake, but got no response.

Whoever kidnapped, him and the Captain, hadn't shown themselves yet.

If only Rudiger was with him.

You groan painfully and keep your eyes shut from the blazing sun above. “Shit…..where's my hat?” You grumble.

Varian slightly sneers with a huff, “We're dangling above giant, hungry reptilians and your asking about your HAT?!”

“Have you seen my hat or not?”

The teen alchemist gives you a blank look, “No.”

“Damn it. That was my 46th hat.”

Varian blinks, “How many hats do you have?”

Your legs swing slightly as you try to reach your hands toward your boots. “Save the silly question for later, Raccoon Boy. We're kinda in a perilous situation right now. RRR!” You growl in frustration.

“I would stop moving if I were you, Miss Roguelin!” A young man's voice calls down from above.

There, kneeling at the very edge of the cliffside and running their tongue over their smirking lips was a young adult man. The dark purple trench coat lined with gold seams along with the same style on the Captain's hat. His neck and fingers glimmering with gold and gems.

“CAPTAIN Roguelin Rouge, ya Ass-Fart!” You didn't bother looking at the fancy pants idiot.

A dark blush appears on his tan colored skin, especially when his men laugh quietly behind him and he glares harshly, “I am losing my patience with you and after embarrassing me again and again, I will privale!”

“Enough of this Peter Pan and Captain Hook fiasco, Cockcrow. You blew a hole in my ship and tried to take it over! So let's make this simple. You walk away with a tail between your legs and stop demanding me for my ship!”

Before you can say more, the rope that dangled you two had dropped dramatically.

“GAAAH!” You and Varian yell, but groan painfully when the rope jerks to a stop.

“Quit playing with me, Roguelin! Give me your ship or I'll let you and your love become main course!” Captain Cockcrow sneers.

“Quick question!” You call.

“What?!”

“Do you happen to know where my hat went? Ow!”

Varian had kicked your side when you asked an IMPORTANT question. Honestly, he had no idea how you can be so insensitive, yet kind hearted.

“NO!” Cockcrow shouted in a crabby mood and waves for his boys to leave, “I am going to have lunch and when I get back, I am dropping you children and taking your screams as a yes to take your ship.” He dramatically turns in a way where his coat flaps loudly.

When the other pirate crew leaves, Varian's heart nearly jumps out of his chest at your sudden action. Your legs are wrapped around his waist with your back to him. “Wh-what are you doing?!”