Ch.5

[WARNING: Slightly Dark]

><-------------------><-------------------><

“Pirates. Stupid pirates always lying….cheating.”

Varian said to himself while mopping the upper deck and by now it was dark again.

The Blue Phoenix was on land and sitting in a crevice of a mountain to hide from travelers. Nothing much happened to Varian, except being shoved, yelled at to clean something up, and basically doing all the dirty work. Literally.

Side to side the mop went and Varian was just lost in thought.

Something blows his bangs and Varian glances up. “AH!” He stumbles back and clinging to the mop.

You laugh out loud and climb down from hanging upside while pulling your whip down as well. “You know. If you want, I can change your job to something else.”

Varian snorts, “Like what? Kitchen duties?”

“Mmmm, possibility. UNLESS.” You step in front of him, taking the mop and tossing it to the side. “You've got what it takes on a heist.”

“No thanks. I'm not trusting anything you say, CAPTAIN.” Varian mocks the word Captain. By the closeness you two had, Varian noticed you were a little taller than he was though it didn't change his thoughts about you. A Pirate Captain.

“Fair enough. If you change your mind, then you know who to ask.” You blow on his bangs and ruffle Rudiger’s fur before walking over to your crew members who were coming on the heist.

Varian looks over the ship and at the ground. He wondered how this ship can fly and another thought came to mind. He could leave this ship while the Captain was gone.

“Alright, there's a camp nearby with a famous scientist guy and we need to steal a few things back for our Doctor Demitri.” You tie a sword around your waist with your whip. “What was his name again?”

Demitri glances at you with a bored expression, but you could see the hatred for the man in his eyes. “Alcott St. Croix. Hardly a doctor.”

Varian’s attention went to the group once he heard St. Croix’s name.

“Right. Not that I care, but this St. Croix is a Jackass.”

Everyone laughs at your comment.

“I'm going with you guys.”

A path is cleared and you turn around, raising a brow at Varian. “Something peak your interest, Raccoon Boy?”

“Yes.” Varian crosses his arms with Rudiger on his shoulder, who crosses his arms too.

You tap your chin and stalk up to him, “I guess you can come, but you have to listen to me. Understood? I'm not losing anyone because of your selfish reasons.”

Varian mentally sighs and crosses his fingers behind his back. “Yes, Captain Rouge.”

Your gaze shifts to Demitri. He nods his head once.

“Bunny! Pistol.”

A pistol and a holster at you which you grab. You hold it out to Varian.

Why on Earth would someone trust Varian with a pistol? Apparently, you did and Varian didn't argue while strapping the pistol around his waist.

“Good. Let's have some fun tonight, Boys!” You toss your hat to Munch who stays to watch the ship.

Once the group had gotten of the ship, they make their way through the forest quietly and some silent gestures were passed around to keep everyone entertained.