Not Your Typical Love Story

By INSANITY36XOXX

Scarlett Pierce is your typical popular cheerleader: gorgeous, blonde, and of course is dating the hottest gu... More

Introducing the Main Characters & AN
Chapter 1: Senior Math and Cold Pizzas
Chapter 2: Math Tutor + Brother's Best Friend = Should Be Interesting
Chapter 3: Sneezing and Cheating
Chapter 4: Brothers and Best Friends
Chapter 5: Regrets and Mistakes
Chapter 6: Mean girls and Rumors
Chapter 7: Break ups and Evil Plans
Chapter 8: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 9: Blackmail and Moving out
Chapter 10: An Exciting Lunch
Chapter 11: Bloody Noses, Black Eyes and Bad Books
Chapter 12: Confrontation
Chapter 13: The Bitchtionary
Chapter 14: The Airplane Boy
Chapter 16: The Art of Getting Through an Awkward Conversation
Chapter 17: Friend-Zoned
Chapter 18: The Auction
Chapter 19: The Dates; Part 1
Chapter 20: The Dates; Part 2
Chapter 21: The Dates; Part 3
Chapter 22: Confession
Chapter 23: Discovery
Chapter 24: The Three Musketeers
Chapter 25: Finally
Chapter 26: The Big Suprise
Chapter 27: Milk Mustaches
Chapter 27: Forgetting?
Chapter 28: Nate; Master Secret Keeper? Or Failed Match-Maker?
Chapter 29: Courtney Makes A Comeback
Chapter 30: Dinner with the Jones?

Chapter 15: Drunkness At Parties

436 12 0
By INSANITY36XOXX

Chapter 15: Drunkness At Parties

Whoever controls the earth, God, Satan, any number of random gods from different religion and stories, it doesn't matter, because right now, whoever it is is probably laughing their head off. And I hate them for it.

Oh the irony of life. Or whatever you want to call it. I tried to text Carson again, he only answered with 'Stop' but whether that was referencing the texting or something else is beyond me. I had exactly one text from Betsi saying:

thx 4 the shirt g2g 2 dinner with dad's boss, srry im leaving u hanging

In reply to my question about the movies later. I also had a rather rambling phone call from Cole;

"Hey Scar, I mean, Scarlet, I dunno if you know what I should refer to you as now... I'm calling because I feel bad about yesterday and, well, you know, what almost happened, I, um, was wondering if maybe you, uh, wanted to hang out or something, tonight or maybe even this weekend. It is Friday and all... I promise nothing awkward or anything but, ya know, if you don't already have plans or something... Call me?"

It might've been cute if it wasn't so damn frustrating. There's always the possibility that I call him and say yes later this weekend. I also had another unknown text saying 'seen the bitchionary, bitch? cuz every word wuz true' it's a good guess that was Diane. And then I had the handwritten note from Noah reading:

If you need my number for the project, here it is:

And then his number. Which I'd already programmed into my phone. Just in case.

So here I was, at home, on a Friday night with no plans. Wow. Once upon a time I had so many plans that I went to three different parties on Friday nights. I was still invited everywhere, of course, despite the lies of the bitchionairy, but I can't say I was inclined to go without my best friend with me.

Actually, I can't say I was inclined to go to any party, not after the disaster that the last one had been. I can't say I was looking forward to a night at home by myself either. I sighed. When had my life started doing backflips, leaving me dizzily wandering around like I was drunk?

__________________________________

Officially deciding that I didn't want to be alone tonight, walled up in my room, I knocked on Nate's door. "Come in!" he called. I went in. "What's up?" he asked, turning off his iPod.

"Are you going to a party tonight?" I asked, he looked puzzled.

"Yeeeeeees," he said, drawing the word out. "why?"

"Will you take me with you?" I asked bluntly, both answering and avoiding his question. Simultaneously!

"Uh..."

"What?" I asked, rather impatiently.

"Fine." Nate said, breaking.

"Wait," I said, stopping, "who's party is it?" realizing that I might not know anyone there. He laughed at me.

"Don't worry sis," he said, leaving me wondering if he'd somehow read my thoughts. "Most of the high school is going."

"Ok," I said, breathing a sigh of relief. "When do you wanna go?" Nate consulted his watch.

"I'm leaving in an hour but you could always drive there yourself."

"I'll go with you, who else will drive you home when you get drunk?" I joked, closing the door behind me, I heard his laugh and felt better. Maybe the world isn't entirely evil if I can still make my brother laugh.

_____________________________________

Almost an hour later, Nate was pounding on the door to give me a ten minute warning. It didn't matter, I was pretty much already ready. I was wearing a dark purple strapless dress that zipped up the front and came to about mid-thigh. My hair was loose and the only make-up I was wearing was black mascara and dark red lipstick. On my feet were jet black pumps. You wouldn't always think the look would work and yet, it did. All the dark colors contrasted again my pale skin and fair hair.

 I grabbed a rather small black bag that's chain strap went over my shoulder. I'd shoved into it my phone, some ID and my wallet because you never know what might happen at parties this big. I knew it was big because Nate had said so, most of the school is going.

I went downstairs to wait at the kitchen table for Nate, only to find him already sitting there, twirling his keys, waiting for me. I put my hands on my hips. "Twin telepathy." I said, smiling. "I had the same idea."

"Does twin telepathy happen to fraternal twins too?" Nate said, as he got up and headed to his car. I can not remember the last time I did anything real with Nate. Unless you count the thirty seconds before the fight. As Nate drove, I half wondered where my parent were but then quickly pushed the thought out of my mind, no point thinking about something you won't get an answer to.

________________________________________

I was standing by myself at the edge of whoever's-party-this-is's living room. Nate wasn't kidding about every kid at school being here. The house was huge but every room as well as the back and front yards had kids in them, dancing, grinding, drinking, laughing, kissing and who knows what else.

I was holding a beer, every once in a while taking a sip. There was apparently nothing without alchohl in it here so I was making do with a beer. Earlier on I'd caught a glimpses of Carson, Cole and, believe it or not, Noah.

I wanted to confront Carson about his weird texts, but I couldn't bring myself to, I wanted to have a not awkward conversation with Cole, but I couldn't see that happening, I wanted to make Noah smile that shy little smile I'd seen him do only a few times but I didn't want to chase after him just to talk.

I stayed where I was. The moment we'd arrived Nate had said, "Find me when you're ready to leave or I'll find you when I'm gonna leave." and disappeared. I hadn't seen him since but I wasn't worried. It's hard to keep track of anyone, surrounded by this many people.

Nate would have a fit if he knew I was drinking. I thought to myself, nearly laughing. Despite how close we were in age, he acted like he was two years older then me and was so over-protective I wanted to slap him upside the head sometimes. Oh well, one beer won't kill me, right? He should know that considering the fact that I know full well he's had beer before. I wasn't a very big fan of it though, I tried to avoid it.

Just then, my phone bussed in my purse with a text. I put my beer on the end table next to me as I pull out my phone.

SAVE ME NOW! or kill me... I smiled at Betsi's text.

that bad? I replied.

U have no idea. DYING of boredom, she texted, I can just picture her texting under the table at a restaurant somewhere, trying to be discreet

come join me

where r u?

party I answer, being vague but I don't know whose it is so it's not like i can be all that specific. I don't even recognize the house.

whose?

dunno don't care its big loud and impossible to miss I said, unsure what else there is to say about it.

lemme try to escape this dinner

cya

if i dont show up tomorrow u know y I raised an eyebrow at my phone

y?

i died of boredom

Now I do laugh out loud, nobody notices me in the corner, laughing at my phone as I turn it off and put it in my purse. Besides, even if they did turn towards me, it's not like they can hear me over the music. I turn to the table, looking for my drink but it's gone. Someone must've thought it was their's, it's not like I was really drinking it.

When I turn back Carson is standing next to me. In the corner. I'm about to ask him about his texts when he takes a step closer to me. I'm surprised and instinctively take a step back. He steps closer again. I step back again, only to find myself up against the wall with another wall on my left side and nowhere to run.

Carson steps forwards again. We're standing really close now. As in REALLY close. Like, barely an inch between us, Carson takes care of that problem and now his legs are pressed against mine.

Ever since those girls in my History class brought up that Carson might like me, an image not far from this had been playing around the edge of my mind, but this, this was all wrong. That's when I caught the scent of alchohl on his breath. Carson was very drunk.

"Hey Scarrrr," he said, his words slurring at the end. One of his fingers twirled a strand of my hair around.

"You're drunk," I said sympathetically. "let's get you home before you do something you regret." I tried to push him off me but he wasn't going for it.

"Have I, ever tollllld you that I really, like really like you?" he said, well, drunkenly.

"No." I said, unsure what else to say, I'd given up trying to push him off.

"'Cause I do, you're sooooo preeeeetty."

"Thanks?" I said, unsure what I could do to get him away. Carson's hand stopped twirling my hair. His hand was on my shoulder, working it's way down. "Carson! You're drunk, get away befor eyou do something you regret."

"I'm not gonna regret this, noooooo, never gonna regret this." he mumbled, his hand landing on the front zipper of my dress. I was frantic now, as I realized what he intended to do

"Stop Carson, seriously, this isn't funny." I was stressed out, how do you get a drunk boy that's bigger then you off you?!

"You're right, not funny at allllll, this is completely seeeeeerious." he pulled the zipper down the tiniest bit. I tried to smack his hand away but he happens to have two and he used the other one to keep my hands above my head. If this isn't a rape about to happen, then I don't know what it is. I tried to scream for help but only a squeak came out and the music drowned it. The zipper went down just a little bit further.

Suddenly Carson was off me, I didn't know how and I didn't care. I zipped the dress all the way up again and ran around looking for Nate, knowing he wouldn't hear his cell. I finally found him on the porch, kissing a girl I'd never seen before. At this point, I was too shaken up to really care. "Can we go?" I asked, afraid he would say no.

"Yup," he answered, popping the 'p' as he pulled away from the girl. "I was just about to come looking for you," Nate seemed sober but I couldn't tell for sure.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, as we headed to the car.

"No, the party was dumb though." I looked at him in the dark, my brother was hiding something but I was too and I didn't have a free moment to try to untangle everything. We were silent on the way home, I was too shaken to even attempt conversation. The moment Nate parked I bolted into my room and changed into pjs because I felt safer dressed like that. My phone rang, according to the ring-tone it was Betsi, so I picked up.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, where are you? I can't find you!" I'd forgotten she was coming.

"I left, sorry."

"What happened?" Betsi asked, immediately sensing something was wrong.

"I don't want to talk about it now, maybe tomorrow."

"You better tell me soon!!!!" she said and hung up. I stared at the ceiling for a long time.

I sat bolt upright. Who pulled Carson off me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the cliffhanger but I just had to leave it at that!!!! Emz was lost for an idea and Jess is somewhere without Internet. Btw, that's not me being vague. I've already forgotten even though she told me like four times. I'm sorry for all the texting in this chapter and for my lack of ability to spell 'alcohol' now that I've figured it out I can't be bothered to fix it, sorry.

Hopefully the next update will be soon but I make no promises! Comment, vote, keep reading!! Thanks so much for reading!!!!

-Jodi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426 241 32
"I've been waiting my whole life for you." --- Senior year was supposed to be a breeze. That was what Grace Wilson told herself, at least. Then she c...
118K 3.4K 29
Scarlett Jones' greatest ambition has always been to go to college and become a writer. But coming from a family who struggles economically, can put...
4.8M 161K 35
"Maybe instead of focusing on getting girl's numbers, you should focus on getting A's." People automatically think "nerd" when they hear the name Jad...