Hanahaki Disease {Victor X Yu...

By Sangwoos00ashes

AU: It was unrequited love at first sight for Yuri Katsuki. Being best friends with the most popular guy in s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A/N: My Short Break
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N: Tagged
A/N & Deleted Scenes
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
A/N: Short Hiatus
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (special/ its hella gay)
Chapter 30 (Final)

Chapter 26

472 12 9
By Sangwoos00ashes

A/N: Ugh I tried updating earlier but it wasn't letting me. I wonder if it was a glitch or something because it kept closing the app every time.

Victor's POV:
'Answering the phone and having that phone call was the last thing I was expecting. I was too scared to think something had happened and that I'd never get to see him again.'

"V-Victor...!" Yuuko cries out "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for him..!!"

"Yuuko?! What happened?" I look towards Mila and the others and she rushes over towards me concerned.

"It's really bad Victor!" She sniffs "Yuri's in the hospital unconscious under critical condition..."

My eyes widen "W-what do you mean in the hospital...? I start choking on my words "u-unconscious...? C-critical... condition...?" I look up at Mila.

"I found him yesterday..." Yuuko pauses "He was stuffed into the janitors closet...!!" She shouts suddenly.

'Someone purposely did this..? No maybe he..! Yuri wouldn't he promised me he was doing well but then again who would be so cruel to leave him alone at his most vulnerable! What if Yuuko didn't find him! Maybe that was the intention to not be found?' Mila grabs my free hand and interwines our fingers together.

"Did someone do this to him...?" I say with a heavy heart.

"No... thank god no...!" Yuuko says sobbing "He went into cardiac arrest because something is blocking his lungs he couldn't breathe... there's no signs of physical trauma so this was all his own body."

"What's going to happen?" I say trying to stay calm.

"He was scheduled for surgery next week but they're rushing him into it tonight because whatever's in his lungs made a puncture." Yuuko starts to calm down as well "He's choking on his own blood..."

"Do they think they'll be able to save him?" I try to hold back my tears in front of everyone.

"There's a chance he might..." Yuuko stops "I'm sorry I have to go I can't..!" She hangs up quickly.

I kneel there taking my phone slowly away from my ear 'he might... Might what?! Don't tell me I might lose him forever... not now... not before I can tell him... I want him to know how much I love him... I want to put his mind at ease... I want him to know I'm all his...!' The tears start running down my face before I could even say anything to anyone 'I need to go see him!' I look down to Mila's hand, grasping onto it for support.

"I'm going..." I look up at all of them with tears in my eyes.

"Going where? Victor don't be stupid-.." I cut Yurio off by yelling shut up.

"Yuri's in the hospital dammit!" I look up at him "he needs me!!"

Georgi steps up from behind Coach feltsmen "The girl on the phone said he's unconscious anyways so there's no point in seeing him?"

"Stay out of this Georgi you're so insensitive! That's why your girlfriend left you!" Mila shouts.

"No no maybe he's right... as much as I hate to say it he isn't awake at the moment and it's not like being there will make any difference..." I say heavily faced with the fact that he's in pain and I can't do anything about it.

Yurio puts his hand on my shoulder "He wouldn't want you to go ruin your career because of a unfortunate accident now would he?! Yuri's strong he'll hold up for now."

"You both could've at least said it with more sensitivity?" Mila let's go of my hand and hugs me tightly.

"I think I needed that regardless of how harsh they're speaking. I'll go visit him after this week's competition, maybe by then he'll be awake and better." I smile slightly upset "I'd hate to see him in so much pain."

Mila releases me from our hug and looks at me with a concerned look spread across her face "Are you sure this is what you want?"

I get up ignoring the stinging of the fall from earlier and look at everyone "Thank you, but this is what he would've wanted too..."

~FLASHBACK to a video call with Yuri when they both got back into contact~

"Wait wait, why was Takeshi acting like that if he knew you had a thing for me?" I say chuckling.

"Oh shut up!" Yuri says hiding behind his pillow blushing "You thought I liked Yuuko too I honestly thought you were rejecting me before I could even confess!!"

I put my hand over my mouth to hide my laughing "Sorry..." I sit up against the headboard of my bed and put the laptop on my lap "Anyways how are you doing? You think you'll feel fine enough to fly out to visit me soon~!"

"Disgusting don't come cause then it's going to be mating season in this dorm room!" Yurio screams from his bed across the room.

"YURIO!!" I turn over to look at him blushing madly "If Yuri comes we'll get a hotel!!"

Yuri laughs nervously "I don't know yet... My surgery is coming up so everything will depend on what happens." He sighs heavily and leans back against his chair.

"Maybe I should head back then huh? You'll need emotional support." I pet Makkachin next to me "I don't mind if you say you need me..."

"Ugh gross." Yurio turns over gagging.

"No you need to stay over there for your team. They need you more than I do right now." Yuri smiles.

"Are you sure? There'll always be more competitions but there won't be another Yuri." I looks away blushing lightly "that probably makes no sense but I know you know what I meant."

Yuri's whole face turns bright red "I know..." he says embarrassed "Seriously though I'll be mad if you drop everything just to see me..."

"Alright then..." I yawn slightly as my eyes drop "I'm all tired out."

"YOU SHOULD BE YOUVE PIGS HAVE BEEN TALKING FOR HOURS! ITS LITERALLY 4 IN THE MORNING!!" Yurio gets up from his bed and starts shouting.

"Wait really it's early morning in Japan; I forgot about the time difference..." Yuri smacks his forehead "Sorry to keep you up... goodnight..."

"Goodnight~ And call me back tomorrow." I close the laptop, ending the call.

"YOU MEAN TODAY?!" Yurio throws a pillow at my face "FINALLY I CAN SLEEP."

~END OF FLASHBACK~

'Of course it hurt me to stay here knowing how much pain he must be in at the moment... but Yurio and Georgi are right, I can't do anything, I'm useless to him.' I start to practice again later that night trying to get the whole situation out of my mind 'Only a few more days until the competition... a few more days and then I'll fly out to see him and hopefully he'll be awake by then.' I stop and start writing down the moves I've decided to go with this dance.

Author's POV:

"Do you think he'll be okay?" Yuuko walks into the surgery waiting room and looks over to Yuri's mom.

"Yuri is a strong boy... he's been through so much he'll be able to endure even this, I don't doubt it for a minute." His mother looks up from praying silently to herself.

Yuuko sits down next to her and hands her an ice tea can from the vending machine "The doctor did say there were some concerns earlier though..."

"Like what?" Yuri's mom looks at Yuuko worried.

Inside the surgery room there's two surgeons prying open Yuri's chest with a medical knife, another one shoves a tube down his throat to control his breathing, nurses hook him up to a bypass machine to circulate his blood, and a doctor rushes in through the sliding doors with a jar that contains a single donor lung.

"We need another lung they're both torn horribly!" One of the surgeons yell.

"Are these branches?!" The other surgeon starts to separate one of the lungs and puts it on the examination table "What the hell..." He stares at it confused.

"Sir look at the patients status!!" The nurses yell as the heart monitor starts to go beep faster.

"He's unstable!" The doctor rushes in and puts down the jar to help out.

As they all rush to Yuri's side the heart monitor starts to be the only thing you can hear in the room. Trying to focus and do the best that they can in such short time, the rapid beating starts haunting them as it suddenly goes completely silent. Flatline.

                             ...........
"The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient coughs up flowers or flower petals. The only cure is to have that love reciprocated, or to somehow wipe away all one's memories of their beloved person. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals."
...........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 2.4K 20
It all started with one innocent post on Instagram. I don't know who started it, but someone posted a questionable picture of Victor and I and now it...
156K 10.5K 59
Yuri Katsuki hated all of himself. From his weight to his uncontrollable embarrassment; he couldn't stand any of it. And no matter how many times his...
46.6K 1.9K 43
โ There'll be no more darkness when you believe in yourself, you are unstoppable โž After a shocking accident Ember Aguirre is uncertain about basica...
38.8K 1.2K 35
Victor Nikiforov is your normal 7 year old boy, plays, get's in trouble, and has many friends. He lives in St. Petersburg, Russia with his loving fam...