Indigo // BTS Mafia AU

By heartbreakwriter27

"Why do they call you Indigo?" "It's the last color they see before they die." Cover by @hoseqx Some rankings... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thrity One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Fourty
Fourty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
A little Q&A about the book
Surprise ;)
Indigo: Recon Chapter 1

Forty Four

45.9K 2.2K 2.5K
By heartbreakwriter27

Everything that happened after I pulled the trigger seemed like a dream. Like none of it really happened.

My father didn't fall to the floor with a thud, blood pooling around his head.

Jungkook didn't get splattered with his blood and did not look at me in horror.

Namjoon didn't tackle me to the ground as the gunfire began again.

And Madeline didn't breathe her last breath in the arms of Yoongi, who was now screaming in agony.

Except all of that did happen.

It was all real. Far too real.

"Madeline!" Yoongi screeches next to me and Namjoon, who's still on top of me.

"Yoongi you need to get cover!" Hoseok yells from where he is with Jimin. Yoongi wasn't listening though, honestly I barely comprehended it with where my mind was.

From my vantage point on the ground, I was only a few feet away from my father, watching his blood get closer and closer to me.

I shot him in the head; knowing I wouldn't miss. He was going to hurt, maybe even kill Jungkook; I knew that. That's why I did it in the first place. To save Jungkook. Why I couldn't do it for the others was something that was eating at the back of my mind. But my focus right now was simple.

I'd just killed a man.

Not just any man, my father.

I kind of felt like throwing up. The one thing I swore I'd never do, I did. And my first kill wasn't someone I didn't know, but the man who raised me. And no matter how terrible he was, that fact was never going to sit well with me; not for as long as I lived.

"Namjoon get Ara over here!" Jimin yells, seeing us still lying on the ground. I hadn't been shot yet, thanks to Namjoon, but I couldn't say the same about him.

I estimate he's taken three shots, just from the sounds he's made. With every agonizing groan of pain I knew he'd been hit, and it made my heart sink even more every time. I could only hope he hadn't been hit somewhere crucial.

"For fucks sake," I hear someone mutter. I look up and see a seemingly angry Jungkook. He rushes to Namjoon and I, pulling him off of me and quickly shielding my body with his as he helps me up and behind a pillar. I watch Jimin run and grab Namjoon, taking him to safety as well.

Suddenly I feel hands cupping my face and I'm turned around so I'm facing Jungkook. He's looking deep into my eyes, breathing hard, the angry look from before gone. I couldn't read the look on his face now, it was a mixture of everything. Sadness, concern, hope, love...

Love.

Oh my god.

I'm-

"Are you okay?" He asks me, cutting off my thoughts. I nod my head in a daze, my heart racing now. "I can't believe you did that," he shakes his head. "Why'd you do that?"

Because I'm in love with you.

"I don't know..." I whisper, but it doesn't sound convincing at all, even to myself. Jungkook gives me a side smile, a knowing look in his eyes.

"You know," he brushes a piece of hair behind my ear. "But it's okay," he smiles and  it light up his whole face. Butterflies start to rise in my stomach at the sight. "You don't have to tell me yet."

"Let me go!"

Yoongis screams make Jungkook and I jump apart. We peer out from behind the pillar and see Hoseok dragging him away from Madeline's body.

Her lifeless body.

Only then does it hit me. And it hits me like a ton of bricks. My knees buckle and I fall into Jungkook. Luckily he catches me and holds me up, pulling me into his chest as I begin to cry. It's not a pretty cry either. I'm sobbing, screaming, and hitting his chest with my fists in agony.

Madeline was my sister. The sister I almost had. She knew, and she was going to tell me, she just never got the chance to do it properly. Now she was gone, because of me. She died for me.

"Shhh, Ara," Jungkook whispers, rubbing my back as he holds me up.

"She's gone Jungkook, she's gone," I cry. "I'm alone now."

"Hey," Jungkook replies sternly, pulling my face away from his chest and up so I'm looking into his eyes. "You are not alone. You have Namjoon and the rest of the guys. They are your family. I am your family. I am here," He reminds me. I sniffle and slowly nod my head, realizing how stupid my words were.

"Okay Ara!" I flinch when I hear Lukes angry voice over the gunshots. "Gone into hiding now huh?" He cackles. "Killed your father and now you're cowering, how brave!" He taunts me.

"Don't listen to him," Jungkook growls, glaring at him from behind the pillar.

"Come on out Ara!" Luke cackles, firing off a few shots as he does. "You said you wanted to kill me! Don't be a coward! Finish the job!"

Suddenly Jungkook pushes me off him and steps out from behind the pillar. I'm shocked by the action but have enough sense to grab him and pull him back.

"What are you doing?!" I yell.

"Someone has to fulfill his wish," he says darkly. He was pissed.

"Are you crazy?" I scoff at him, amazed by his recklessness.

"This has to end, and it ends with him," He nods at Luke.

"But Jungkook I-"

"Do you trust me?" He cuts off off. I'm taken aback by the question but have no hesitation when answering.

"Yes," I say. "With my life."

A smile spreads across his face and he grabs my waist, pulling me to his chest. In a flash his lips are on mine and my eyes widen. When the shock dies down I place my hands on his face and kiss him back, causing him to smile into the kiss.

This one feels different from the first kiss. Maybe because I know how I feel now, or maybe because we were in a deadly situation. Either way, his lips took my breath away.

Jungkook pulls away first, smiling from ear to ear. I'm still in a daze, feeling very flustered from the sudden gesture.

"Trust me," he brushes the back of his hand against my cheek. "I'll be back." He gives me a sad smile. "Just know that I love you." And suddenly he's not in front of me anymore.

It takes me a second to realize what just happened. But by that time it's too late. I gasp when I see Jungkook running into the fire, right for Luke.

"Jungkook!" I scream, causing everyone else to realize the situation. Even Yoongi stops screaming at Hoseok like he'd been for the past ten minutes to watch Jungkook throw a punch at Luke.

I jump when he lands the punch, sending Luke to the ground. I see Taehyung try and step out from behind his pillar to get Jungkook, but a shot aimed at him makes him jump back and curse. We were all stuck, watching the scene unfold in front of us.

Luke jumps up, glaring at Jungkook, but there was also a hint of mischief in his eyes. I see the knife in his hand before Jungkook does, and I couldn't yell out in time.

I scream when he stabs Jungkook in the side, the same side he stabbed me. It doesn't seem to faze Jungkook much though, it actually seems to spur him on. He elbows Luke in the face, sending him back a few steps holding his bleeding nose.

Luke tries to slash at him again but Jungkook moves out of the way. He seems amused by how Luke is limping around and throwing his knife around blindly, like he's winning.

But he didn't see the bullet coming from behind him.

When the bullet enters Jungkook's back I can't see if goes all the way through. But I do see him fall to the ground immediately. He didn't fall to his knees or anything. Just boom, down. He didn't move. I had no idea if he was alive. But I feared the worst.

I ran our from behind my pillar with tears streaming down my face. A pair of arms grabbed me and lifted me up, pulling me away.

"Put me down!" I kick and scream. I know it's Jimin holding me when I turn around slightly and see his face, concentrated on keeping a hold on me.

I watch Luke go over to Jungkook laughing, and it makes my blood boil. He does a hand gesture to one of the men and they pick Jungkook up, slinging him over their shoulder and walking out.

"No! Stop them! What are you guys doing?!" I scream. I jump out of Jimin's arms only to be blocked by Hoseok, who pushes me back.

I watch in horror as Luke gives me a devilish smile and a salute. He starts to whistle, and then he turns on his heel and walks out the door, following his men and an injured Jungkook.

"Why didn't you guys do anything?!" I push them all away when they try and get closer to me.

"Ara he got shot," Yoongi says defeated. "He's probably-"

"Don't even finish that," I cut him off, looking at him with a dangerous look in my eyes. "He's alive, and were getting him back."

"Ara-"

"Not up for discussion," I growl, looking at Jimin.

"I agree with Ara," Taehyung says with tears in his eyes. "It's Jungkook, our Jungkook. He's our brother, and if there's even a chance he's alive, we should try everything to get him back." I had almost forgotten about how Jungkook and Taehyung were best friends. But clearly Taehyung wanted him back just as much as me.

"Then it's settled," I look around. Eyeing Namjoon to see if he'll try and contradict me. He just gives me a small nod, agreeing with my plan.

"We're getting Jungkook back."

-

So y'all know who Aras in love with now

Jara stans can celebrate 🎉

Madeline is dead yes I will confirm that. I will also confirm Ara's father's death as well.

I hope y'all have enjoyed the story so far because it is coming close to the end :(

At the end of the book I'll be having you guys vote on two different series ideas I have in the works :)))

Thank you for 43k!!!! You guys are the best ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Remember to comment, share, and vote!

~Amy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 10.5K 33
❝ mochiminie has sent you a message! ❞ - twitter ! fic ¡ lowercase ! started : 10 / 17 / 18 completed : 11 / 29 / 18 edited : 07 / 23 / 19 ranks • no...
19.4K 1.3K 19
If you found the right person, there's no need to worry about your black and white life - a jimin fanfiction
3.7K 203 22
Complete ✔ Edited/Revised: 2024 Living in a hybrid world where all colors in existence are shades of gray, until you meet your soulmate(s).
809K 31.8K 59
T: So, how are you J: Gay, thanks for asking --- #3 - toptae [21/05/019♡] #2 - taekook [8/08/019♡] #1 - jeonjungkook [12/08/019♡] #1 - taehyungxjungk...