A Simple Mistake || Ashton Ir...

By crazy_nashi

Mia is fresh out of high school, trying to find herself and where she belongs before she is shipped off to NY... More

A Simple Mistake
Prologue
Part 1: Mia
Part 2: Ashton
Part 3: Mia
Part 4: Ashton
Part 5: Mia
Part 6: Ashton
Part 7: Mia
Part 8: Ashton
Part 9: Mia
Part 10: Mia
Part 11: Ashton
Part 13: Ashton
Part 14: Mia
Part 15: Mia
Part 16: Mia
Part 17: Ashton
Part 18: Mia
Part 19: Ashton/Mia
Part 20: Mia/Ashton
Part 21: Mia/Ashton
Part 22: Mia
Part 23: Ashton/Mia
Part 24: Ashton
Part 25: Mia/Ashton
Part 26: Mia
Part 27: Ashton
Part 28: Mia
Author's Note: Playlist
Part 29: Mia
Part 30: Ashton
Part 31: Ashton
Part 32: Mia
Part 33: Ashton
Part 34: Mia
Part 35: Ashton
Part 36: Ashton
Author's Note
Part 37: Ashton
Part 38: Mia
Part 39: Ashton/Mia
Epilogue
Want more Ashton and Mia?

Part 12: Ashton

1.4K 32 4
By crazy_nashi

Playlist: Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5, U.N.I. by Ed Sheeran, Goodbye by Secondhand Serenade, The Reason by Hoobastank, I’m a Mess by Ed Sheeran, Come Back be Here by Taylor Swift, One More Night by Maroon 5, DNA by Little Mix

(FLASHBACK)

She loved to listen to Ed Sheeran and when he said love, he meant love. She knew every word of every song and knew which one was playing before the lyrics even began.

She had agreed to stay in with him as he did some work, in return he had promised not to laugh at her forms of entertainment. He couldn’t help it sometimes though. He found it hilarious as she attempted to sing every word of the faster raps.

He couldn’t help but think about how cute she looked as she began to sing the words to Don’t, her head and hands doing this little dance she did when she was excited and really liked a song. This was only the third time she listened to the song in the last hour from the other side of the couch where she sat.

Ashton watched her from the top of his laptop as he replied to e-mails and spent some time on twitter. Her chocolate eyes met his as she sang , holding his gaze and making him grin as she began to sing the words to him.

“On my hotel door, I don’t even know if she knows what for. She was crying on my shoulder…” She sang, even getting the knocks on beat as I closed up my laptop and set it aside.

“You like this song way too much.” He teased her, reaching over for her hands and pulling her onto his lap.

“Stop, this is my favorite part.” She whined, crinkling her nose as he laughed. “Plus you promised not to make fun of me.” She reminded him.

“You’ve listened to it three times; don’t think you’re missing out.” He teased her, ignoring her pleading reminder as he wrapped his arms around her waist; his chin resting on her shoulder.

“You’re just jealous because you don’t know the words.” She said with a chuckle, her small fingers finding their way into his hair. The small pressure she applied as she ran her fingers through the soft strands made his eyes close slowly.

“How about we go out? I’m finally done with boring work stuff and banding.” He asked, kissing her soft skin slowly and letting his lips linger for a moment.

“Banding?” She murmured the question, her tone amused as she questioned their made up word.

“We’ve talked about this… You promised not to question our band language.” Ashton said with a chuckle, pulling her closer.

“Like you promised not to make fun of my singing?” She countered, her eyebrow raised before she continued to speak. “Plus, it’s not really a language if you made it up with the boys.” She pointed out, making him roll his eyes.

“Wasn’t every language made up at some point?” He questioned with a smirk, making her scoff at him.

“Whatever, Ash.” She murmured her usual argument ender with an eye roll; it made him smile whenever she murmured his name when she was annoyed. He really loved it when she said his name but he pushed those thoughts away as he pressed a kiss to her jaw.

“So about going out…” He said, bringing a smile to her soft pink lips. “How about we walk to the beach and get something to eat there.”

“Sounds perfect.” She said, her eyes lighting up as she looked at him.

“Told you guys he would be cooped up in his room with his new girlfriend.” Calum said with a chuckle as he simply waltzed into Ashton’s hotel room with the other guys.

“Hey, boys.” Ashton said with a smile, his head not moving from the spot on her shoulder. Mia looked back with a shy small, her cheeks tinting a soft pink as they had gotten caught together. Again.

“Are you two coming out with us tonight or are you bailing again?” Michael questioned as he grabbed a chair and sat across from them.

“What are you guys doing tonight?” She questioned, leaning back against his chest.

“There’s this party going on at one of the clubs. It’s all ages.” Michael said.

“We thought we would check it out.” Luke said, sitting on the edge of the couch.

“You two love birds can join us. Please join us.” Calum said with a pleading pout as he sat down on the ground.

“He just wants Mia to go so her friend Heather can tag along too.” Mikey teased him, making him glare.

“Do not!” Cal defended himself.

“It sounds like fun.” Mia interrupted their bickering, making everyone in the room turn and look at her, even Ashton.

“It does?” He questioned, his lips almost breaking into a grin.

“Yeah, I mean I haven’t been to a party in LA yet. This might be my only chance.” She said, looking back at Ashton. “I think we should go.”

“If you really want to.” Ashton told her, smiling up at her as her eyes lit up in excitement when he agreed to go as well.

“Looks like we’re going to party!” Michael said, clapping his hands together and getting up from his seat.

“I really thought it would be harder to convince her.” Calum pointed out with a teasing smile as he got off from the floor, moving to his side of the room.

“Hey!” She exclaimed, obviously feeling a bit taken back by his comment. “What is that supposed to mean?” She questioned.

“Well… You like to keep Ashton to yourself.” Calum said with a smirk.

“So not true…” She murmured, crossing her arms over her chest in a way that made her breast stick out.

“Then why was he in here alone with you?” Luke teased, grinning as he released his lip ring from between his teeth.

“Touché…” She murmured, making all of us laugh.

“How about you go tell your friends that you’re all hanging out with us tonight? I’ll meet you at your room before it is time to go.” He murmured, helping her off his lap and holding her close to his side before he led her towards the room door. He could feel his band mates’ eyes on him before they simply looked away and carried on with their own conversation.

“It’s okay if I go, right?” She asked quietly, looking over my shoulder at the rest of the boys before she looked up at my eyes. Her back was resting against the wall next to the door, my body shielding hers to give her the privacy she craved as we spoke.

“Of course, I don’t mind having an excuse to spend more time with you.” He murmured, his lips ghosting over hers. He loved how his actions made her intake breath, almost like a small gasp. “It also doesn’t hurt that you’re cute.” He teased.

“Ashton!” She giggled, pushing him away before opening the door. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Okay.” He assured her before he closed the door. The boy’s eyes were back on him as he made their way towards them, his hand running over his hair.

“You two look quite cozy.” Calum said with a raised eyebrow from his bed, Luke looking away in the hopes of avoiding an argument.

“Don’t start again, Cal.” Ashton warned him as he picked up his laptop from the couch to return it to it is rightful place on the table.

“Start what? I’m only telling you that you should be careful.” Calum said, kind of annoyed that Ash didn’t take these things seriously.

“We won’t be here much longer, you should listen to him.” Michael said, coming in Calum’s defense. Ashton’s hands lifted in front of him, his own way of saying that he wasn’t really in the mood to talk.

And just like that all discussion about the matter ended. Nobody said another word about it, they simply went on about their business and before long the four of them were getting ready for their night out.

The four of them moved between the two joined bedrooms, the door wide open to make them both seem like one room. It didn’t take them long to get ready, wearing their normal band tees and skinny jeans for this party.

“I’ll meet you boys at the lobby?” He asked as he pulled his beanie over his unruly curls, fixing up his hair for a few more seconds in the mirror.

“Yeah, sure. Don’t take too long getting them.” Calum said, padding him on the shoulder as he walked past him and out of the room.

“We’ll be waiting in the car.” Luke added, offering him a smile before they disappeared out of the room. Ashton followed after them but walked to the opposite side of the elevators towards the room she shared with her two friends.

Not even two seconds after he had knocked on the door, Heather was pulling the door open looking at him from head to toe.

“Well hello there handsome, come right in. We’re almost done.” She said with a huge grin as she led me into the bedroom where Mia sat down in front of a mirror finishing up her makeup.

“Hey,” She said with a bright smile as he walked her way and sat beside her, his hand resting dangerously close to where her legs lay on the bed. 

“Hey back.” He murmured as he leaned in to press a kiss to the top of her head and began to watch her through the mirror.

He saw as her cheeks tinted a bright red as she was self conscious of his eyes on her every move. He liked her face of concentration as she applied mascara in each one of her eyes, her nose crinkling when she caught his eyes in the mirror and stuck her tongue out, making him laugh.

“We should really get going. The rest of the boys are downstairs waiting.” He said as he got off the bed and pulled Mia along with him, his hand easily sliding into the small of her back.

“Well good thing we’re ready.” Sydney said as she grabbed her purse and waltzed past them with a grin, holding the door open as they all walked outside and towards the elevator.

“There you guys are!” Michael said with a grin as he wrapped his arm over Heather’s shoulders, bringing her close to his body. It was weird how her friends had become a part of the group and everyone got along so well.

“The boys said they would meet us there, they’re seeing some friends downtown.” Sydney said, referring to Mia’s male friends Zack and James.

“Perfect!” Calum said, opening the car door and helping Sydney and Heather into the car; Mia and Ashton following closely behind. The party could truly begin now.

The drive to the club wasn’t long and thanks to Michael’s connections they actually managed to get in without any problems or actually having to wait in line for hours.

The place was already crowded, people bumping into them as they danced or tried to get to where they wanted to be. Ashton’s hand stayed securely around Mia’s waist, holding onto her hip as they all moved to the second floor of the club where they could all have a little more privacy and room to move.

Sydney had disappeared somewhere to find Zack and James and when they came back, each of them was holding three beers and began to pass them around.

“Won’t we get in trouble?” Mia asked as she held hers in between her hands, looking nervously at the growing crowd downstairs.

“Fat chance,” James said with a grin after he had taken a big swig from his drink. “Place is too full and security is short on staff. Bartender didn’t even ID Sydney.” He added.

“You don’t need to drink if you don’t want to…” Ashton murmured into her ear, pressing a soft kiss to her jaw before he pulled back. He wished she did want to though, she was so reserved and kept together that he often wondered how it would be like if she let loose and acted carefree for one night.

He smiled when he saw her relax after a few seconds and actually began having her drink. As time passed the music grew louder as people continued to make their way into the club. Everyone had to lean in close in order to hear each other and some had already disappeared to do some dancing of their own.

“Let’s go dance…” Mia said softly into his ear as she set her purse down and got up from the couch, pulling him along and down the stairs. He was grinning the whole way at the fact that she had just assumed he wanted to dance as well. He wasn’t complaining though.

He watched her as she turned around and faced him, keeping a safe distance as she began to move her hips to the beat of the obnoxiously loud music. He couldn’t make out what was playing but his train of thought was distracted as he watched the girl in front of him sway her hips without missing a beat.

Her eyes met his and didn’t move away as she continued her movements, her hands running up her body and tangling in her hair. Slowly she was moving closer to him, her teeth getting a hold of her bottom lip as she tried to hold back a laugh.

“You’re supposed to dance too, you perv.” Mia murmured as she leaned closer to his ear, her body brushing against his just slightly. She wore a grin on her face as she pulled back, shoving at his shoulder playfully. Her actions making him laugh. His hands found hers in the dim lighting and slowly spun her around, pulling her body close to his as she continued her movements.

“As you wish.” He murmured into her ear, his hands finding their place on her hips. He couldn’t believe how perfectly they fit together, the way her body moved against his and with his as if they had already done this before. One of her arms found its way around his neck, keeping his head dipped low into her neck.

Hours passed and neither of the moved from their spot, their bodies continuing their rhythmic dance no matter what was playing. They had found their own pace, their own music to move to. Sweat ran down their skin as his hands explored her body, loving when she shivered against him despite of the heat.

She was the first one to pull away, her hand never straying from his. He watched her flushed cheeks as she motioned that they should get back to their group. Ashton wasn’t interested in going back to being with everyone. He wanted to stay with Mia, wanted to continue to touch her and kiss her soft skin but he wasn’t really pushing his luck when it came to her.

This wasn’t like many of the other girls when he would only see them for one night and never speak with them again. He actually wanted things with Mia to last until they both parted their ways and continued with their lives out of LA.

(END of FLASHBACK)

“Ashton!” Calum called from outside the bedroom but his eyes didn’t open. His hands stayed pressed against the cool tiles of the shower, his head dipped low as hot water fell down on his body. He didn’t want to speak to anyone, he wanted to be alone; tortured by the memories, by the echoing words in his mind.

“Ash, I know you’re in there.” Cal said, knocking loudly on the bathroom door. “You never came back downstairs. What happened?” He questioned, again not getting a reply.

“Damn it, Ash… We had had some progress; you were talking to me again. What happened to no more secrets in the band?” He said, listening as the shower turned off and the curtains were pulled back.

“There’s nothing to talk about, I’m sorry I didn’t go back downstairs.” Ashton murmured from inside the bathroom before coming out in shorts and the towel around his shoulders. “I got distracted, okay?”

“Was it her? Did you run off to see her?” Calum questioned as he watched Ashton lay down in bed, turning his body away from him.

“Doesn’t matter if I did… We leave tomorrow, right?” He murmured his voice shaky as he tried to control his emotions.

He had no idea what he was feeling. It was a mixture of sadness and anger, swirling inside of his chest that made him feel choked up; but he couldn’t disappear into the same state he had been just a week ago.

Calum was right they had made progress and he needed to figure out how to continue with life normally without affecting all of them again.

“They’re still waiting for you down there, you know?” Calum murmured but Ashton was glad when he heard the bathroom door open and close, not another word coming from Calum about the matter and no need for him to bring up the subject again.

He sat down and tossed the towel angrily towards the arm chair, pulling the covers over his body as an attempt to force his body to sleep a few hours before they needed to be on that bus and on their way to their next destination.

All thoughts of tour, his band mates or the fans he had disappointed outside long forgotten. Instead his mind was filled with thoughts of her.

How had he let this girl get under his skin and become everything he could think about since the day he had met her? He had let her in on his secrets and passions as if she had been one of the boys herself. Sometimes he even wondered if she knew him better than they did. He had fallen in love with every little thing she did; every bit that made her herself. The sad part was that he hadn’t even noticed.

Like the way she would laugh whenever he said something silly or tried to act serious. Her face would always break into a smile that made him feel warm; made him feel like he could do anything. He loved the way he could make her laugh so hard that it made him laugh as well.

He couldn’t forget the way she would fit in his arms when he hugged her, the way she would rest her head just above his heartbeat on his chest. How easily he could make her blush with just a kiss or a touch…

She brightened up his days and made him feel special within all of the craziness. She didn’t even have to say a word to do it; all she needed to do was smile at him or look at him with those warm chocolate brown eyes of hers.

He loved the way she would allow him to talk for hours about music or his family. She wasn’t afraid to be herself, to speak out her mind when she wanted to or start singing alongside him in the car.

She made him crave her compassion, her companionship, her warmth, her smile, her touch…

He only wished he would have realized sooner. He only wished he could have made her stay.

(Author's Note: So it's been killing me all day not to post this because I really sort of love this chapter but I had no wifi!! UGH But anyways, Amnesia video came out today and I still haven't been able to see it but as soon as this gets published I will be hurrying over to the next tab to watch it!

I've been in an Ashton kind of mood lately and I am sorry to say next chapter will be Ash too but don't worry after that I will do a really long Mia chapter. I just felt like Ashton had so much to say and he just hadn't been able to say it yet.

ANYWAYS! Remember to vote and comment and all of those lovely things because it lets me know if you guys like it and I am still trying to figure out how all of you feel about this. Thank you so much for 500+ views! It's so unreal that so many people have read this tiny little crazy story I am writing for fun. Thank you and see you all real soon! xx)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 1K 61
When 20 year old Alyssa receives a letter telling her that she is Ashton Irwin's long lost twin sister, her life changes forever. As she meets the ba...
120 0 20
After a tragic change in her life, she's gotta find a place where she belongs. Her group of friends try to help her, but one tries more then the othe...