Sparks ✔️ EDITING

By RosaRay2

"I'm not stuck up, I'm a gentleman," he replied, smirking. "Isn't it a dying breed?," I asked, picturing Maso... More

P R E F A C E
C H A P T E R 1 | Beyonce Wanna Be Girl
C H A P T E R 2 | Saving the Best To Last
C H A P T E R 3 | Third Wheeling
C H A P T E R 4 | What Are The Odds?
C H A P T E R 5 | Elephant Ears
C H A P T E R 6 | Gentleman
C H A P T E R 7 | Trust
C H A P T E R 8 | I Felt Perfect
C H A P T E R 9 | Pathetic
C H A P T E R 10 | He Broke Me
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40
C H A P T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
C H A P T E R 46
C H A P T E R 47
C H A P T E R 48
C H A P T E R 49
C H A P T E R 50
C H A P T E R 52
C H A P T E R 53
C H A P T E R 54
C H A P T E R 55
C H A P T E R 56
C H A P T E R 57
C H A P T E R 58
C H A P T E R 59
C H A P T E R 60
C H A P T E R 61
C H A P T E R 62
C H A P T E R 63
C H A P T E R 64
C H A P T E R 65
C H A P T E R 66
C H A P T E R 67
C H A P T E R 68
C H A P T E R 69

C H A P T E R 51

1.1K 61 2
By RosaRay2

A new chapter. A new day. When you wake up every morning, instead of thinking the worse, think of it as another opportunity to change for the better.

The past is behind you;you can either accept that or you can hang onto every emotion from the day before. You've been given another chance to bring smiles to peoples faces and to spread love and joy. No matter how stressful the day before was, you don't have to make today as painful. It's a new start. A new beginning.

Believe it or not, I have two boxes standing by my bedroom door. One filled with photos and memorable items: photos, my journal, cards, ect. It was my "hope" box, my escape if I need to recap and calm down after an outburst. In the second box, I had my useful, but worthless junk: my electronics, money, some clothes to last me a couple of days, ect.

This brawl that I had with my mother, it won't last. I know that for a fact, but at the same time...leaving my house because of a stupid fight I had with my number one supporter. It's heartbreaking.

However, I cannot stay in an unhealthy environment, where I get yelled at for breathing. I understand my mother has had a though time but why does she need to yell and make her mood worse?

Caden's leaving in a week and by then, maybe common sense would come across her and notice how alone she is. Maybe our fight will come to an end and everything will be back to normal. But even I know that maybe is a big word.

Walking down the steps, I had already made one trip to put the boxes in my car and there was no sight of my mother, and here I am, making my second trip and still...no sight of her anywhere.

Her car is in the driveway like it is usually is, but even with my loud ruckus I was causing, not a peep from her room. Grabbing a piece of paper, I decided to write a note to her so when she hears the door slam shut, she'll come out and see what I have to say, even if she doesn't want to.

Dear mother,

      As you may or may have not heard, the front door shut, meaning I left. I don't know when I'm coming back or if I'll be welcomed with open arms when I finally visit, but I do know that, even though we had a fight, this is temporary. Nothing lasts forever, not even this. I am still your daughter and you're still my mother;we're just going through a hard time and yelling at each other is only making things worse. Caden will be leaving soon and I will be paying a visit to see him, whether you like it or not. We are a family and you can't shut out family. I will be back and we will figure thing out. No matter how hard we yell at each other, we will turn out just fine.

Love and patience, Isabella 

Placing the pen that was spilling the ink on the paper, I grabbed my purse and phone, and looked around the house once more. I don't know what I was searching for; maybe hope or some sort of sign that telling me that I'm making a massive mistake.

Whatever I was looking for, and couldn't find it so I left, leaving a part of me back in the house.

Caden's car was gone, he probably didn't want to be in the same place as mother and I, just in case things got bad again. Ever since father died, things have been fragile around us and I stomped on the glass that was holding us up, making everything just fall apart.

As soon I shut the door the night Caden told me he was leaving, I knew something felt wrong, but I those to ignore it. If this was the way Joe left when he left us, I understand why he couldn't look back because right now, if I look back I couldn't and wouldn't drive away.

I explained my situation to Luce yesterday night as I was packing my things; he agreed to let me stay in the guest room until I figure things out. She was skeptical at first, not knowing if she should let me walk away from my house, but after minutes of begging, she gave in, which I am grateful for.

My second option would've been Mason, but you know...that would've been sorta...awkward? Jasmine is obviously off limits, and Jake...well we're not on the best terms.

"Hey," Luce greeted, opening the door after hearing my car lock. "Welcome to my humble home," she joked and allowed me to come inside.

"Thank you again for letting me stay here," I thanked, glancing at the chandelier that hung from the ceiling.

"I couldn't just leave you on the streets now, could I?" She laughed.

"I suppose," I shrugged, looking back at her.

"Are you okay?" She asked, almost in a whisper.

"I will be, shortly," I assured, smiling. "I need to grab the boxes from my car before I even think of taking my shoes off. I'll be right back," I explained, walking outsides towards the car.

"Alright, I'm going to get some blankets and pillows in the guest room," she called behind me, as I walked down the driveway, almost getting trampled by a car that was pulling in.

"When you see a car coming right towards you, that's usually a sign for you to get out the way," Seamus smirked, appearing from inside his car.

"Maybe I wanted to get hit," I replied, opening the trunk and rolling my eyes even though my face wasn't visible to him.

"Awe, is life hard? It gets harder, I hate to break it to you," he smile, shaking his head. "Seriously, your bad vibe is killing my mood, the radiance is practically overtak-," he rambled, as he parked the car and got out of it.

"I get it Seamus," I sighed, struggling to pick up the two boxes from my trunk at once. I could see him coming closer to me from the corner of my eye.

"Come on, I was sitting to the good part," he mumbled, grabbing a box from my hands. "Besides," he looked at the box in his hands. "What are you doing with these boxes? Are you moving in or something?"he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Actually, I am," I smiled, tilting my head. "Hence...you know, the boxes," I sarcastically pointed out and hit his shoulder as I walked by.

*

"Luce! Why does she think she's moving in Seamus screamed right when I opened the front door.

"Because I invited her to," Luce immediately replied, appearing from around the corner.

"So if a mass murderer were to ask you if he could join us for dinner, you'd let him?" Seamus replied, dropping the box at the bottom step of the staircase.

"Careful with that!" I instructed.

"My bad princess, didn't mean to break any of your valuables," he stated, rolling his eyes. "Besides, has mum and dad agreed to this?" He quickly turned around to ask Luce, making his dark hair fall onto his face.

"They did. In fact, they were quick to allow her," Luce answered, crossing her arms.

"You think your life it bad," he turned back around to face. "Now I have two teenage girls I this house...fantastic," he groaned, letting his hand fly all over the place. He then took a quick look at me again and trotted upstairs.

"What a welcome," I joked and sat the box onto the one Seamus placed.

"He'll come round, he'll need a favor or something," she laughed and guided me to the bedroom.

It was my dad's old room. The room be customized himself. He believed it made the house "his". It as his personal touch, a sprinkle of ownership. At least that what he thought about it. The room was just like it was before: the wallpaper had a sleek design to it, sort of a metallic texture, the flooring was carpeted with a neutral shade and was decorated with a grey rug. It was almost identical to my father's design, minus the rug.

"Here's the guest bedroom. It's not used as it's the only room that hasn't been redesigned. My dad thought it was unique and didn't want to ruin its 'special' feeling. Whatever that means," she explained, her brows furrowing.

"It looks great to me, thank you," I smiled and glanced at the window that was overlooking my car. "I'm going to get unpacked, you know, before I wander into my thoughts," I sighed, whispering the last sentence.

"I'm sorry?" She asked, referring that she didn't catch everything I said.

"What time is dinner at?" I questioned, changing the subject.

"Seven. My parents don't get home until about six and don't start cooking till six-fifteen. It's spaghetti night," Luce sang, overly enthusiastic about today's dinner plan.

"Sound fantastic," I laughed, earning a a smile from her before she left my room.

I flopped onto the bed, the ceiling overtaking my vision. Maybe this won't be that bad; maybe a break from my regular life will be almost like a vacation. This family do it differently than mine; they have homemade dinners, where everyone gathers around the table and eats. It's all I ever wanted back home. This is temporary, so I better enjoy it while it lasts.

***

"How's the food?" Mrs Drake asked as I swallowed my first bite.

"It's delicious, thank you," I smiled, wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"She's just saying that cause she wants to be nice," Seamus mumbled before shoving a fork full of food into his mouth.

"Shut up," Luce stated through gritted teeth, kicking him under the table.

"No horseplay at the table," Mr Drake boomed.

"Thank you for letting me stay here," I said, pulling my hair to one side.

"You're welcome anytime. A friend of Luce's is a friend of ours," Mrs Drake replied, giving me a warm smile, which made me think about my mother.

"That doesn't involve me by the way," Seamus quickly added, directing his dark brown eyes towards me.

"Shove a dork in it," Luce ordered, rolling her eyes.

"Gladly," he replied, eating yet another forkful.

"There are always left overs, please help yourself," Mr Drake announced, getting up from the table, putting his plate in the dishwasher then heading upstairs.

"Sorry, he's just not feeling well," Mrs Drake apologised.

"Sure it's not the fact that princess over there is here?" Seamus smirked.

"Seamus!" Mrs Drake snapped, dropping her fork.

"You were thinking the same thing and you know it," he replied, excusing himself from the table.

"And then there were three," Luce interrupted as the silence was taking over.

"I really do hope I'm not invading," I sighed.

"Don't even worry about it honey a week won't kill us and hopefully our annoyance won't kill you," he joked and arose from the table.

"I'm just grateful I have a place to stay," I smiled, half finishing my meal.

"Make yourself at home," Mrs Drake ordered and took my half full plate.

***

The darkness overwhelmed he room I was staying in. The shrine of the room was creeping through the window, casting a shadow on the door. Everything was still.

Creeping my way through the back door leading out to the backyard patio, I glanced up at the stars and listened to the branches on the trees sway in the wind. The pool cover was bouncing up and down and the water moved underneath it. It was like I entered a whole new world and I was finally able to breath.

My meditation was interrupted by a light that flickered on the inside of the house. A figure of a person was revealed at the bottom of the staircase and then made his or her way to where I was standing, on the other side of the glass door. The persons short, curly hair care into view, almost immediately giving away that it was Seamus who I have woken up.

Yawning, he slid the door open and stepped out, his white socks where now the brightest thing out there. He walked until he was right beside me and leaned over the wooden railing that was outlining the patio.

"Can't sleep," he whispered, breaking the silence after a few seconds of us standing there.

"Something like that," I shrugged. "Did I wake you?" I asked, intertwining my fingers together.

"No, I've been up taking to a friend. I heard the back door slide open as I left the upstairs bathroom," he explained, moving his hair out of his face.

"Oh, I just needed some air," I replied.

"I get it, you're not used to the routine around here. It's hard adapting to something new when you've been living the same day over and over again," he stated, digging his hands into his hoodie pockets.

"I guess," I mumbled. "Back at my house, the only time my family ate together was when my mum had something important to tell us," I turned around to face him. "It was no 'let's have a nice family filled night' or ' I'm making a homemade meal for us to enjoy'. Here every night you eat together, spend time together and just talk about how your day was or something that has been bothering you," I smiled, imaging having something like that. "Your family does things differently. And this probably sounds silly," I laughed.

"Just because we have dinners together doesn't mean that we are a perfect family. We have fight cause of finance issues, grades or maybe just cause we had a crappy day and need to get our emotions out there," he assured. "No ones family is perfect, I can guarantee you that."

"I suppose that's true," I replied, closing my eyes and taking in a deep breath.

"There has to be one thing that you live about your family," he stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know," I trailed off, now looking down at the ground.

"Think about it," he smiled. "I hate to break this conversation, but I'm headed to bed, it's too late and too cold out here," he complained, jumping in the spot, as if he was warming up before a race.

"Seamus," I called, grabbing his arm and stopping him before he turned to leave.

"Yeah?" He mumbled as he eyed my hand on his arm then rubbed his eyes.

"Thank you," I smiled, removing my arm.

"Never speak of this," he demanded, walking inside with a smirk.

There has to be something positive about my family right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8M 609K 43
*Completed* "I just want to know why." I say as I turn over, trying to find his figure through the dark of my room. "Why what?" He asks. "Why you'...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
107K 7.8K 79
In the day-to-day trenches of high school, it is almost the default-setting to believe we are the main character of our own coming-of-age story. Thi...
2.1K 67 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...