Of Fond Memories (Skyrim Ones...

By TheDragonBreath

[Continuation of my book "Of Fond Memories" but it's entirely dedicated for Skyrim oneshots only, unlike my f... More

Rules and Description
(Hadvar) A Lazy Afternoon
(Agmaer) I'll Be Your Inspiration
(Hircine) Hunter And Prey
(Teldryn Sero) Bard From Morrowind
(Lydia) A Tough Exterior
(Farkas) Her Shield
(Cicero) Insanity Unbridled Part-1
(Vilkas) Enemies
(Lucien Lachance) Tricked To Kill
(Cicero) Insanity Unbridled part-2
(Bishop) Cold Facade
(Mercer Frey) Love or Hate
(Cicero) Insanity Unbridled Part 3
(Brynjolf x Reader x Mercer) Thieving Thieves
(Lydia) A Tough Exterior part-2
(Brynjolf x Reader x Mercer) Thieving Thieves Part 2
(Sinding) Betrayed
(Mercer Ending) Thieving Thieves
(Brynjolf Ending) Thieving Thieves
(Ondolemar) Interrogation
(Astrid) A Kill For A Kill
(J'zargo) A Tad Too Playful
(Vilkas) Enemies Part 2
(Fasendil) Not All Of Us Are Heartless
(Faendal) Broken Promises
(Alduin) Allies... For Now
(Ysolda) Damsel In Distress
(Sheogorath) What Is Sanity?
(Elenwen) The Smooth Culprit
(Sanguine) Revelry
(Rumarin) A Narrow Escape
(Serana) The Bond We Share...
(Jarl Balgruuf) Forgotten
(Teldryn Sero) Embers- Part 1
(Teldryn Sero) Embers- Part 2
(Gelebor x Reader x Vyrthur) Snow White And Blood Red- Part 2
(Gelebor Ending) Snow White...
(Vyrthur Ending) And Blood Red
Note

(Gelebor x Reader x Vyrthur) Snow White And Blood Red- Part 1

1.9K 40 2
By TheDragonBreath

Note: I wish I knew who the artists were for the elves' art, because whoever has drawn it, has done a simply spectacular job.

Here's something special that I wanted to do for quite a while now, since last year to be precise. Also this will be a lengthy chapter, so I guess relax, get warm and cozy and then read? I don't know about you but I can never enjoy a story without meeting those requirements. Anyway, enjoy!
----
"I remember the splendor, before the fall of our proud empire... the songs sung in the glory of our deity in the snow kissed temple of Auriel. That soothing voice singing under the marvelous statue, as if an avatar of Auriel Himself. The admiring gaze of his turned to me as he greeted me, even his words sounded like a divine hymn, he had promised to protect our people from all harm, he had promised to protect us... to protect me... I felt his caring touch, like the contact of velvet and roses... his loving words spoken to me as if a seraphic song... before the world went dark in his tranquil embrace... adorned with pain like spikes on a Daedric helmet... tainted with red like the essence of life"

Waking up...
All she could see in front of her was an ivory door. Encrusted with ancient patterns and jewels, adjusting her eyes to the darkness she realized that what she lay in was a coffin. Confused and startled, she began to push the door of the coffin. Yet not much effort was needed, the door opened with a low squeak, letting a cold breeze inside her coffin. The elf sat up on the ivory box and looked around her; it was a cave with gigantic pillars looming faraway, a broken statue stood not too far away from the coffin with a shrine to Auriel standing right below it.
Even though her entire body ached unbelievably, with persistence she stood up. The very bones of her now refused to stand still, she was able to stand but only momentarily before crashing down on the cold ground. The elf breathed heavily as her gaze slowly went to a bloodstained letter beside her coffin. With quivering hands, she picked it up;
"Your salvation lies faraway now, find me while there still is time" the handwriting was strangely familiar and yet she couldn't quite place where she had seen it. The letter was incredibly vague and at this time her mind wouldn't even be able to answer a simple question, let alone decipher the letter.
The elf slowly crawled near the shrine, clasping her hands together in front of it and muttering a prayer "Auriel, Your servant requires Your aid, lend me strength and bravery to face whatever lies before me now" a soothing aura surrounded her, renewing her bony demeanor, easing her mind and restoring peace in her heart. Thanking Him in ancient snow elven, the woman carefully stood up, the vague letter clutched in her palm as she looked around desperately for an exit to the cave.

Hope welled up in her heart when she saw the light at the end of the cave, with a quickened pace she arrived outside the cave. The sun's heat tingling her skin, the light threatening to blind her eyes as the crisp air filled her lungs. The elf gazed out at her land where she lived once, but where are all the structures of the Falmer? Where are temples and shrines of Auriel? Why does the atmosphere feel so warm?. Fear strikes in her heart as she tried to remember that fateful day, a faint echo of screams haunted her mind, she remembered seeing them transform... "bloodthirsty... Auriel has left us" an all too familiar voice rang in her ears, it repeated over and over and over until she collapsed on the ground "slumber... dawn's radiance... my only hope... let peace embrace you" her eyes slowly closed shut, letting the darkness engulf her again.

In a distant dream...

*Knock* *knock*
The (e/c) eyes fluttered for a moment before closing again, dismissing it as just an imagination.
*Knock* *knock*
"Who is it?" Lifting her head from under the blankets, she muttered, half asleep
"Lady (y/n)? It is time to wake up, the dawn is about to arrive" a female voice sounded, gentle and courteous
"Um... yes, I do remember, give me moment please" (y/n) replied, quickly removing the blankets from her and standing up, nervously looking outside the window. It was still dark outside but it won't be long before dawn. And because it was a special festive week, at first dawn the prayers of Auriel had to be sung by the priests and priestesses of the deity.
Putting on the regal ivory garb of the High Priestess, (y/n) prepared what rest was needed for the holy rites before exiting her chambers.

The Knight Paladin stood in a shining ivory armor, his deep set eyes were fixated on the ground, his cape gracefully motioning in the cold breeze, a similarly snowy white greatsword rested near his feet. The knight's hands enclosed loosely on the scabbard, he stood as a divine, unmoving guardian as if a wingless angel sent from the plane of Aetherius to protect the grand chantry of Auriel.
And even after such vigilance, the smell of Daphne and Primroses caressing his nostrils, caught him off guard. The Paladin glanced around him, his silvery eyes looking impatiently for the wondrous smell's origin before they froze on the priestess he had been waiting for. As a guardian and paladin, it was considered distasteful to gawk at the high priestess of the Sun-god but what could he do when it seemed that his eyes laid not on a mere priestess but a divine spirit from the Aetherius.
"Greetings High Priestess, the Arch-Curate and the others are waiting for your arrival. The Curate sent me to find you" the Paladin's voice was almost enthralling, slightly deep but gentle, like the soft and soothing touch of sunlight after a snowy night.
The priestess felt like she could stand here and listen to the Paladin's voice the entire day. However she didn't realize that she had been lost in her musings for an uncomfortably long time, Paladin Gelebor slightly titled his head and raised a brow "priestess (y/n)?" he questioned worryingly.
"Huh?... oh" she cleared her throat and smiled brightly "you must forgive my distracted self, I-I haven't slept well the night before... I hope you understand" (y/n) nervously smiled.
The Knight Paladin smiled gently, causing her heart to skip a beat "of course, I believe none of us were able to sleep the night before since we all awaited this grand ritual to Auri-El" he glanced at the ivory pillars of the chantry looming faraway "but I believe standing and talking here is making our precious time to be spent poorly, shall we?" Gelebor stretched his hand out to (y/n).
The priestess sighed and hesitated a moment before placing her hand on his, feeling her face become warm as his grip gently enclosed around her hand.

The halls of the sacred chantry hummed with subtle sounds such as bells, a beautiful symphony of the harp played by a trio of snow elven maidens sitting high up on a decorated seat as if goddesses of the immortal plane, and the familiar voice of priests and priestesses singing in ancient falmeri. It was dark outside but the inside of the temple was illuminated by magical lights, and yet these lights would be outshone when the sun rises.
The Knight Paladin turned his gaze to the priestess and slowly let her hand go
"here we are, the rituals seemed to have started" Gelebor uttered, his gaze admiring the beautiful decorations of the chantry
"It seems that the decorations become even prettier through the years" she said giggling, her eyes lit up in happiness
"Isn't it? I never fail to be surprised when I first step into the chantry during this time of the year, everything seems immaculate" Gelebor smiled as his eyes went to the Arch-Curate who was praying in front the shrine, his flowing cloak lay cleanly on the marble ground behind him "and there is Arch-Curate Vyrthur, he has been waiting for you" the Paladin looked back at (y/n). The priestess smiled at the Paladin
"I won't be long" she muttered, not understanding why she needed to tell him that
"A-Absolutely..." Gelebor nodded, he too not really knowing why they were say 'goodbyes' when she was just walking over to the Curate. The priestess and the Paladin shared a few glances before she took her leave from him, walking towards the Arch-Curate. Gelebor watched her leave, a strange feeling swirled in the pit of his stomach.

Vyrthur's silky silvery tresses lay unmoving upon his shoulders, a few strands of hair lay beside his gaunt cheek, his eyes were closed, his hands clasped together and lips slightly moving as he uttered the prayers to Auriel. The Arch-Curate wore the same ivory armor like the Knight Paladin but the ones he wore shone like diamonds. To her, he didn't look like a simple elf, he was a perfection that she loved greatly but her fear being herself twisting and imperfect him. Vyrthur was someone she desired and yet feared.
The high priestess watched him in admiration, how elegantly he stood, such devotion and love emanated from him when he offered his prayers, as if a presence of Auriel on Nirn.
By now, the Arch-Curate had finished his prayers and opened his eyes to look around him. "Ah, (y/n) you have arrived" Vyrthur smiled softly and turned to face the priestess, taking graceful strides towards her. The priestess bowed her head in front of him and greeted him wholeheartedly
"It's a great honor to be standing in front of you Arch-Curate Vyrthur" she said, not even letting her smile fade even once.
Vyrthur chuckled, his laughter as soothing like the sound of a river flowing in spring.
"You are acting as if you are still a novice priestess back in our youth" his voice sounded calm and caring but yet it held a certain weight of authority to it.
"Before your ever powerful presence, I shall forever be a novice" (y/n) praised
"As much as I appreciate the sweet words, I'm afraid I cannot accept them... as I'm nothing without Auri-El" Vyrthur looked at the golden statue of the Sun-god with gratitude and admiration before turning his gaze back to the priestess "yet here we are spending time talking about me, when there is a flawless beauty standing in front of me... you look divine (y/n)" the Arch-Curate gently held her soft hand and kissed it.
The priestess gasped a bit and attempted to gently free her hand from his grip, when she failed to, she laughed nervously "the dawn is almost upon us... do you not agree that our prayers to Auri-El is more important now Arch-Curate? We can always praise ourselves later on" (y/n) was flustered as she looked away from him
"How could that slip my mind?" Vyrthur slightly gasped and told a priest to gather everyone for the prayers. Still holding her hand in his, Vyrthur ushered her to stand by his side and letting the prayers continue. The priestess sighed of relief when he let her go, even though she only had love and admiration for him, such simple actions from Vyrthur would scare her to her wits end sometimes, even she knew not why. Slowly the halls filled with a peaceful music and then a beautiful elven hymn to their beloved Auriel. (y/n) began her prayers, she was happy and content but such puzzles were her restlessness. The elf looked at the great statue and hoped for her questions to be answered...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 7.6K 67
I don't know what I did to deserve this. Sundering of my soul, the destruction of all I held dear. Well, that's a bit dramatic, but hey. I've got to...
16.3K 927 28
** 1ST PLACE WINNER in THE ANGEL AWARDS 2017, FANFICTION CATEGORY** Illidan picked Sarah up, cradling her to his chest. To all assembled he spoke, "W...
2.9K 448 68
An illustrated Skyrim story beyond the fall of the Dark Brotherhood~ After a surreal event, Cicero is inexplicably thrown back into a clear state of...
2.6K 105 51
Krinna's story is my first fanfic and is based on my first playthrough in VR. I'd played Skyrim so many times on other systems by then, I got the ide...