~ A Sister Tail~

By JaninneSudjatmiko

As Ariel and Eric celebrate the birth of Harmony and Melody, twin sisters who were born of land and Sea, Morg... More

Prolouge
Chapter One: A disastrous party
Chapter 2: Ariel and Melody's disagreement
Chapter 3: Melody's transformation
Chapter 4: A New world
Chapter 5: Harmony's desire
Chapter 7: Stealing the Trident
Chapter 9: Saving Melody
Chapter 10: Stopping Morgana
Chapter 11: Family Reunion
Chapter 12: Home at Last
Epilogue

Chapter 8: Harmony's shocking discovery

2.2K 29 3
By JaninneSudjatmiko

Harmony

We actually pulled it off! We managed to steal the Trident from King Triton. As Trip and Dash jumped in the air to celebrate our accomplishment, I said, "This is absolutely incredible! I never done anything outside of my home before." 

"Well, you should get out more often, Harmony." Tip suggested, as I smiled, rolling at the penguin's suggestion.

"I would absolutely loved to, Tip, but my mother wouldn't allow it, she refuses me to get out even for an inch outside of the cave." 

I searched for Melody, as I spotted her , looking at something. 

"Mel?" I asked, swimming towards her as she looks at us with pure amazement, "You know... I never thought that Antarctica would be that close to home." 

I looked at the wall, and beyond that was seems be a castle! 

Dash was amazed, as I felt something.. something so familiar. I felt like I belong there, but it couldn't be possible, can it?

Dash ask Melody with a curious tone, "This is your home?"  

Melody seems to be quiet for a moment before answering. She knows what is beyond that wall, as if she knew it her whole life. 

"Yes. It is, Dash. " She replied to him, as she was looking back at the castle. 

Tip whistles in total amazement. 

"Whew, what a pay! I do have one question, uh, what's with the wall?" 

"Yeah, what's keeping you out of the sea?" Dash concur with pure curiosity. 

I was curious as they were. If Melody did run away, why did she do it?

"That wall isn't keeping anything out, but it was built to keep me in. My parents put that wall to keep me away from exploring the sea. 

It's like they keeping a massive secret from me, and it's really keeping me mad. On my twelfth birthday, let's just say that things don't go exactly as planned it to be. 

To be totally honest, I felt like something was missing, like a part of me was telling me that something is special. 

My.. mom doesn't know how I feel. She doesn't care about I love the Sea. 

C'mon, let's go." 

I looked at the castle one last time, as I felt the guilt in my stomach as if my gut was telling me that I should be aware for Melody's sake. 

But why do I feel that way? I just met her, but I felt like I known her my whole life, except for her hair color. 

Is there a secret that Mother hid from me all these years, and why didn't see tell me?

Tip said, "You know once Melody is a full-fledged mermaid, we'll visit you everyday! " 

Dash said, "Yeah, nothing would come between us." 

They noticed something as Undertow appears. 

"Shark!" They yelled in freight as I yelled, "Tip! Dash! It's just ... " 

Undertow pops out, "Haha! See you later! Harmony, you're back, and look you did! You helped Melody get the Trident! 

Let's go!" 

Melody said, "Wait, what about my friends?" 

"Hah, those bellies you call your friends? Come on, don't you want to be a mermaid or not?"

I touch Melody in comfort as we followed Undertow inside.

Ariel

We followed Morgana's henchmen to the lair as we hid behind an iceberg. 

"Oh, so there it is. Flounder, I want you to swim as fast you can back to my father and give him directions of how to get here. 

I'm going in to find Harmony and Melody." 

The fish wasn't too thrilled about my plan, "Ariel, I'm not so keen about this. What about that old sea witch is in there? 

A-And that mean little shark? And the manta rays come, and tentacles stick to your face! 

Uh, uh. There is no way I'm leaving you there alone!" 

 I hold Flounder's fins, "But Flounder, if we both go inside that lair, who is going to inform Daddy where Morgana's lair is?"

Then Scuttle appears as he saw us. 

"Hey, Ariel, did you spot Melody and Harmony around here? Did you find them yet?" 

I pulled his beak, trying to shush him, "Scuttle, come here and be quiet!" 

That gave me an excellent idea! 

"Wait a minute. Scuttle can get help!" I said to Flounder, who wasn't too pleased with this idea. 

I said, "Scuttle, I need you to pay very close attention to me." 

Scuttle nods in total agreement, as Flounder couldn't believe what we got ourselves into. 

"We're doomed." He said, slapping himself.  

Melody

Morgana spots us instantly as she said, "Oh, there you are. I was so worried about you girls. Oh, Harmony, I see that you helped Melody. I'm so proud of you, and look, you have my Trident. " 

Undertow seems excited as he said, "Give it to her! Give it to her!" 

Harmony rolls her eyes at him as Morgana shushes him with her tentacle. 

"Sorry, Mel. I lived with the guy, I know about his size issue." Harmony said, as I was looking at my friend . 

Morgana said, "Now just hand over the-" 

That was when I heard an familiar voice. 

"Melody , stop!" 

"Mom!" I said, as Harmony was staring at her. Now I think about it, Harmony does resembles her. 

But then I look at her appearance, as I was shocked of my mother's true self. 

She seems surprised as we asked in unison, "You're a mermaid?"

"Ariel, how nice of you to come. And you brought Flopper with you." Morgana grins. 

The older fish yells, "The name's Flounder! " He swam towards the sea witch as the little shark tries to defend her. 

"Where you think you're looking at small fry?" Flounder demanded. 

"Say that again, and you'll be toasted!" Undertow snaps back. Harmony looks at us, "Mom, what's going on?"

The word "Mom" struck on my mother, as she looks at her with sadness , as if she knew her . 

But I was furious. Why she kept a massive secret, her true identity that she was a mermaid, that she kept telling me that it was all a folktale?

 "All this time. A-And you never told me? " I ask my mother. 

Mom didn't reply as if she felt completely guilty of keeping a secret about my heritage. 

Morgana said, "Kept two secrets from her own daughter." 

Mom said, "Melody, you don't know what Morgana is capable of. Please hand the trident to me." 

Morgana said, "No, hand it to me , it's for your own good." 

Mom protested, "She's lying!"  But Morgana said, "I given you what you desired most. Freedom at sea. She's the one who lied to you after all these years." 

"I just wanted to protect you! Because of what happened to me twelve years ago, I lost someone closest to me, I don't want to fear that again." 

"So that's why you built that Sea wall? You knew that I actually loved the Sea, even though it hurts you. 

Why you kept the truth from me?" I asked, being hurt of hearing the truth. 

"Melody , please listen to me. If there was one thing I could over..." She said, but I couldn't bear of it any longer as I swam towards Harmony and Morgana. 

"Too late, Mom." I said, glaring. 

"Melody, no!" Mom cried, but as I handed the Trident , she laughed as Harmony, Mom, Flounder looked at her. 

"All the power of the Sea is mine to command!" She laughs evilly. 

"Hello! Still confused down here!" Harmony said in disbelief. 

That is when Morgana grabs Mom and gags her. "Mom!" I cried, as Morgana chuckles, "Not so fast.

It seems so like a family reunion. " 

Harmony ask, "Wait, what you mean?"

Harmony

I was in total shock of what is happening. My mother holding Ariel hostage. 

But what she mean by "family reunion?" 

I ask , "Wait, what you mean?"

"You been curious, aren't you? Well, I have to tell you the truth now. You been taken by your true family. 

 You're the long -lost princess , the first daughter of Ariel and Prince Eric. " 

The revelation shook me by total shock, as I realize that Ariel is really my mother.. and  making Melody... my long-lost twin sister! 

I saw the horror in my real mother's eyes , as if she really is scared. 

"You mean that you lied to me!  After all this time, you believed I was like you, but now I'm going to do the right thing. " 

"Oh, like you stole your grandfather's trident?" Morgana laughs , evilly.

Melody and I exchanged looks, "Our.. Our Grandfather?" 

"King Triton! Ruler of Atlantica, and the commander and chief of all of the ocean, of course he was, until two certain thieves came along."  The Sea Witch explains to us. 

"You tricked us!" Melody cried, furiously. 

"You have no one to blame but yourselves." 

Melody hung her head, as Morgana said, "Melody, being a mermaid is everything you dreamed? Was it worth it?"

She threw my sister to a nearby cave as Flounder cries, "Melody!" 

I tried to swim quickly, but Morgana pushes me aside to the ground as she imprisons them both inside with the Trident's magic!  

"Melody!" I cried , pounding on the ice cave. 

I turn to the person who I thought was my mother. "You are a witch! " 

Morgana chuckles, "You poor unfortunate soul.  

All your life, you merely a pawn , a pawn to my master plan, 

A plan that I have to rule, 

it's finally coming true! "  

"You haven't won yet, you will fail! I would make things right, and freeing my family, once and for all!" 

"You lost, admit it, your sister's fate has been set! The sister that you never knew, you will never see her again! 

Once the sun sets , she'll be dead!" 

"Not if I get her out, and we'll defeat you!" 

She chuckles, as she swims away with my mother in tow, "Catch you later , I got bigger fish to fry!" 

Undertow chuckles as he followed her, "Bigger fish! I have an idea, Morgana!" 

I swam to the ice prison, "Melody, don't worry! I'll get help!" 

I swam outside as fast I can as I jumped out into the surface, "I wish to become human." 

I ran as my legs can carry me , as I looked for Tip and Dash . 

I need their help, hopefully that I can get them before Melody's time as a mermaid is out. 

AN: 

What a chapter! The bit after Morgana put Melody and Flounder inside the cavern, Harmony and Morgana's confrontation is an original song. 

What you think of it? What will happen next? Find out soon! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 252 25
So you all know the story of little Melody, daughter of the famous Princess Ariel and Prince Eric. But what would happen if she had a sister? Who was...
7.6K 126 29
Lydia is a kindhearted, determined, and curious mermaid. She always sees the best in people, no matter who they are. Even though humans killed her pa...
779 7 37
Now that you've been caught up on the long and tragic life, of the evil witch of the seas. What ever happened to the small baby, she left behind in h...
3.7K 369 32
harmony and melody were separated when they were born. their mother died giving birth to harmony. their father kept melody and gave away harmony to s...