Rule 35, Alpha

By KasaiTheQueen19

Everyone should have a code to live by, a set of rules created from life experiences. I have one, and right n... More

-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
Tempests Outfit!
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Epilogue-
Thank You All!
~Tempest's Rules~

-Chapter 17-

7.2K 386 48
By KasaiTheQueen19

This chapter is dedicated to tjb50cal ! I just love Halloween! I listened to 'This is Halloween' from The Nightmare Before Christmas to write this...hope you love it!!! And above is the mark Tempest gave Butch 😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tempest

This is my favorite time of year...Halloween.

I've decorated my home with candles and outdoor lights, glowing green lanterns, plastic spiders in fake webs...I even carved two large pumpkins I grew in my greenhouse and sat them on my front porch, using the left overs to make a couple of pumpkin pies.

Sugar skulls decorate my mantle, my normal pillows are replaced by ones shaped like Jack-o-lanterns and ghosts, and square ones that say 'Boo!' with sparkly letters. The fruit bowl on my dining room table is filled with mini candies and marshmallow treats, while my kitchen is filled with the smells of pumpkin pie, freshly baked sugar cookies decorated with icing, caramel apples and popcorn, and the lingering scent of apple cider that I've been heating up in my cauldron shaped warming pot.

I love carving pumpkins, decorating, passing out candy to cute kids in awesome costumes, even dressing up myself and enjoying the mood, and this year I decided to dress as something special, Butch being my inspiration...

A black leather halter top and leather pants, black elbow length lace gloves, red high heels...and a red, floor length hooded cloak.

It's perfect...and Butch is going to lose his mind when he sees it.

As I put the last touches on my makeup, the black lipstick really standing out against my skin with my hair pulled into a bun, I see Zuzu pull himself onto the bathroom counter, his adorable little dragon costume I made him still holding nicely.

"What are you up too, little man? Did you find something good today?" I ask him curiously, and he immediately curls his tail towards me to show the object he hooked with it. A dirty, but still pretty teacup, the gold trim is a bit chipped and the pink rose pattern is faded, but it is still intact and beautiful.

"It's beautiful Zuzu, thank you." I say with a rub under his chin, and he flicks his tongue out before slithering down to the floor, and I quietly follow him to the back porch where he keeps his little treasures in a wicker basket.

To be truthful, Zuzu has been collecting things for me like this since the day he hatched in my incubator...in fact, the first thing he gave me was the egg shell he hatched from...which I still have perfectly preserved in a glass jar in my room. Ever since that day he's been my familiar, and has continued to bring me little treasures he finds on his explorations.

Gemstones, hair clips, buttons, lost earrings, feathers, coins...some of which from different countries or time periods, leaves, seeds, berry twigs....and flower petals. It was that item in particular that earned his name, after he brought home a large white flower bud in his tiny mouth...and it turned out to be a lily. He had looked so proud of himself, but so cute...and the name Zuzu stuck...being Chinese for 'graceful lily' and all...

Anyways, after seeing his findings: a couple of clear crystals, a small arrowhead, an old key, a dirty silver dollar, a small piece of purple ribbon, and a red bouncy ball...I gather them up to clean off as he heads to the large picnic basket I have that both completes my costume, and that's full of treats to take to the Halloween party being held at my mates house, sliding inside to hide out for a plan of mine.

It's still a little difficult for me to consider celebrating like this with what's going on...but ever since I cast the purification and protection spell three weeks ago there haven't been any attacks once so ever. I've still been searching for a cure, but much to Butch's persuasion I haven't thrown myself into it obsessively...and besides, this is the holiday that every witch celebrates...it's like a cultural celebration. Our magic is at its strongest on this night, so it's only logical that it's the night we use it to celebrate the goddess and spread the belief of magic.

Clearing my head of unwanted thoughts, I grab my things and head to my truck, driving to the house which is also decorated with Halloween decor, with four jack-0-lanterns sitting out front...so cute.

Walking in the front door after pulling my hood over my head, I'm greeted by even more decor, and the theme song of Ghostbusters playing in the background, which me chuckle considering there's a ghost decoration hanging at the door that laughs when you pass by it.

"Well look who's here! Little Miss Riding Hood! We demand you hand over the basket at once!" A pair of voices call out from somewhere, and I almost jump when two people in black clothing drop down from upstairs in front of me.

"And just who might you ninjas be?" I ask, and they chuckle.

"If we wanted you to know that, we wouldn't bother wearing the masks." They answer, and I smirk as I recognize the muffled voices.

"Oh Elliot, you and you're brother can't fool me."

"Darn it! You've outed our identity! Now our enemies will surely catch us now!" They cry out in a huff as they Naruto run to the kitchen, and I have them credit for being so in character.

As I make my way further in the room, the sound of someone clearing their throat brings my attention to the top of second floor where little Corey is standing, looking cute in his tux and bow tie, his curly hair slicked back with gel.

"Well don't you look dashing! Who are you little stranger?" I call up to him, and he smirks before jumping onto the stair rail and sliding down to land in front of me perfectly, adjusting his bow tie as he gives me a serious expression.

"It's Bond. James Bond."

I can barely contain my giggles at his British accent, especially when he takes my hand and kisses the back of it.

"Ms. Mercer, would you do me the greatest honor of being my Bond girl for the evening?"

"I would be delighted Mr. Bond, as long as your brother doesn't find out." I reply through my giggles, this boy is going to be a lady killer just like Butch, I can see it already.

"It shall be our little secret then." He grins, only to have both of us burst into hysterics.

"I certainly hope so, that mate of yours is territorial enough as it is without the competition." My Mom's voice calls out, and my eyes widen when I turn around to see her in costume too...as Morticia Addams of all characters. Black wig, dress and all.

"Goddess knows that's the truth, and I have to say you look good mom...does this mean that dad is Gomez?"

"Yes indeed, and he looks devilishly handsome." She responds, and I shake my head.

"Why thank you darling, and I have to say that I love that dress on you." Dad murmurs, looking like Gomez in his suit and slicked back hair...and fake mustache.

"Thank you dear, I'll never wear another." She murmurs as she pecks him on the mouth, and I turn my head to give them some privacy.

"Where's Dani and Vicky?"

"Patrolling the kitchen for snacks, you know them."

Heading to the kitchen, I sit my basket on the table and peek in through the doorway...to see both the ninja brothers and my little siblings munching on Rice Krispy treats....and I recognize the little heroes.

"Well if it isn't Batgirl and Robin! You here to protect us from the super villains?"

They look up at me with surprise, though I can tell from my brothers face I haven't gotten something right.

"Oh pardon me, Robin, the son of Batman..."

He nods before returning to his treat, and upon seeing my mate nowhere in sight, I turn back around to head up to his room to set up the first part of my surprise, planting it under his pillow.

"What brings you to my den Little Red?"

I jump at the sound of Butch's voice behind me, turning on my heel to see him leaning against the door frame...not wearing a costume.

"Looking for you Teddy Bear, I wanted to see what you dressed as...I'm a little disappointed." I murmur as I walk towards him.

"It's been a while since I've dressed up for Halloween...but I see you are tonight."

"Yep, it's my favorite holiday...I've never skipped celebrating it." I trail a finger over his leather jacket as he watches me closely.

"I'll have to keep that in mind...so...you're my red riding hood tonight?" Butch murmurs, his eyes shifting from my black leather top and pants to the hooded red cape, a soft rumble in his chest as he looks me over.

"Yep...so does that make you my big, bad wolf?" I tease, grabbing him by the collar of his jacket and pulling his face down to mine, his smirk is almost as distracting as the golden glow in his eyes.

"Sure does." He growls playfully, and I chuckle at the sight of his descended canines.

"What big teeth you have Mr. Wolf..."

"All the better to eat you with babydoll..." He growls before nipping my neck, making me shiver as he works at leaving a hickey there.

"You're supposed to say trick or treat first." I remind him.

"Can't I just have my treat now?"

"If you're patient, you can have both later..." I offer, and he lifts his head back up to give me a curious look.

"What kind of trick do you have in mind?"

"You'll have to wait and see, but I promise it's worth it..." I murmur as I start to lean in to kiss him, only to duck out of his grasp just as my lips brush over his.

"You little tease..." He grumbles, and I laugh as I head to the door to pass out my candy.

"You know you love it." I laugh, only to feel him grab my hand and pull me back to his chest.

"Well, would you like your treat instead?" He asks with a twinkle in his eyes, and I can't fight my curiosity.

"What treat do you have for me?" I ask, and he smiles as he reaches into a pocket inside his jacket...and pulls out a beautiful necklace.

"Butch...it's beautiful..." I gasp, taking the pendant in my hand, the stainless steel cold to the touch.

"I'm glad you like it, because I had it custom made for you..."

I look up to him in surprise.

"Custom?"

"Yeah...it's a tradition of the Nightshade Hunters pack to have each new Alpha make a custom pendant for their mate, so I did some research and decided to combine an important symbol from both werewolf and witch history. The crescent moon is the symbol of the Luna and moon goddess, while I believe the other symbol is called a triquetra...which I believe has a similar meaning in magic...right?" He explains, and he's right.

The triquetra symbolizes the triple moon, the threefold nature of the goddess Hecate, the balance of mind, body and spirit, and the cycle of life, death and rebirth...it's the symbol of the divine feminine, of female witches.

"It does...Butch, it's perfect..." I murmur, touched by how much thought he put into the design.

"Good." He murmurs, taking the necklace and putting it around my neck.

"It's usually customary to present it after both are marked and mated with each other, but I decided to give it to you tonight...considering it's such an important day after all."

I look up at him in confusion, and he smiles.

"You didn't honestly think I would let your birthday pass without any celebration...did you?"

I sigh, I guess I should have known he would find out.

"I know you want to avoid it...but I refuse to let your twenty first Birthday pass without recognition...it's why we're throwing the Halloween party. So let's go down there and have some fun..."

I nod and he pulls me downstairs back to the party, and we get down there just in time to see Dustin and Haley come in dressed as the red and pink Power Ranger...and to secretly watch Elliot sneak towards my basket. The second he opens it Zuzu pops out, and Elliot's high pitched scream makes everyone both jump and laugh as he falls on his butt. Zuzu bobs up and down happily, looking proud of himself.

"That'll teach you not to snoop, but considering its Halloween..." I trail off, and Elliot looks up to see Zuzu holding a goody bag in his mouth.

"It's a trick, and a treat." I giggle, and he grabs it after Zuzu drops it in his lap.

"Why am I not surprised you aren't in a costume Butch?" His mom asks, she and her mate dressed as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers.

"He is in costume! He's Derek Hale from Teen Wolf!" Haley laughs, and we all chuckle at his scowling face.

"And here's the perfect touch." I say with a grin as I take a headband with brown wolf ears and place it on his head. Everyone laughs as I pat his head, and as the song "In Love With A Monster" by Fifth Harmony starts to play I get another idea.

"Come on sourwolf, dance with me."

He growls playfully as he pulls me out to the living room floor.

"Let's dance then little Red."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 656 37
Meet Ashlyn Clarke, your typical self-centered College girl. She cares about herself, her family, and her future. She's a no-nonsense girl, who can't...
2.4K 425 54
JAREK She's an abomination-a constant thorn in my side. She has no right to be sheltered so closely by my mother and father, the alpha and luna of th...
340K 15.5K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
12.8K 496 38
Having a mate is supposed to be the best thing in a person's lives right? Wrong. When I first met my mate I found out something that changed everythi...