ME & ELVIS

By VAWALKER

Grace Matthews is forced to move once again with her abusive daddy to Memphis Tennessee where she meets the j... More

1. Memphis
2. Dinner at the Presley's
3. I Need A Hero
4. All Work No Fun
5. Elvis Started The Fire
6. He's Here?
7. Old Ways
8. Love Me
9.Memphis Is Home
10. Startling and New
11. The Crumbs That Fall
Yes, Finally.
Kidney
14. A Fast Kidney
15. Recovery
16. She's Back
17. I Do, Mrs. Presley
18. Weak Heart
19. Secret
20. A Leap Of Faith
21. Lipstick
22. The Bump
In Pieces
25.Try
the lies you tell
27. the arrival
28. Ten Years Later

23. For Better or For Worse

3.4K 79 36
By VAWALKER

I found myself smiling a lot more often, just to see week by week the bump growing bigger. Currently I was in one of the guest bedrooms closest to mine and Elvis's room. It was going to be the babies room so I was looking at wallpaper and paint swatches. Elvis begged for me to just let him higher a room decorator, but I told him I preferred to do it myself. 

It would also give him and I a chance to go out to the stores together to pick out the furniture and toys. I kept going back and forth between the wallpapers and the paint swatches, I was sitting on the floor crossing my legs. I was stuck between one wallpaper, and two paint colors. I bit my lip. 

"ELVIS!" I called out, my voice echoing in the empty babies room and down the hall of the house. I heard two sets of footsteps racing towards the room. Elvis and Vernon barged into the room looking frantic and worried.

I smiled shyly realizing I probably startled them half to death, "Sorry...I just need help with choosing between three swatches."

I saw them both physically relax, Elvis let out a sigh and pulled me gently from the floor, "Baby you shouldn't be on the floor, and for the love of god woman...don't scare me like that again."

I giggled softly at his overprotectiveness, "I'm sorry dear husband of mine. It won't happen again."

I looked up at him and saw him smiling down at me, I heard Vernon leave the room. Elvis wrapped me up in his arms and held me close.

"You are enough to drive a man crazy, Mrs. Presley."

"I only want to drive one man crazy, Mr. Presley," 

He let out a laugh as he leaned in and rested his forhead on mine. I grinned up at him before remembering the swatches I wanted him to look at. I pulled away to pick the swatches up off the floor.

"I'm usually against wallpaper, but I don't think I could mind it if you loved it as well."

I showed him the wallpaper I had in mind:

"Or instead of the wallpapers I have these two colors picked out," I told him as I maneuvered to the paint swatches:

I watched as Elvis concentrated looking from the wallpaper swatch to the blue and yellow. He held up the yellow.

"I like this one the most."

I smiled and  nodded, "Yellow it is."

Elvis pocketed the paint swatches, "I'll have Ren run out and grab the paint later, but right now it's almost lunch and you've been up here all morning making a decision. You need to eat lunch."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Fine, I'll go. "

I heard him chuckle as I took his hand and led him out of the room. He let me lead him down the stairs and into the kitchen where Vernon already was standing in front of the stove making soup.

"I knew he would be the one to convince you to come out and see the rest of the day," Vernon teased, I couldn't help but blush realizing I must of been up there longer than I thought.

"The task she set out for is done though," Elvis spoke up wrapping an arm around my waist, "She picked out a color-"

"We picked it out, I just narrowed it down for you."

Vernon laughed as he took the pot off the burner and poured some into a bowl for me. Elvis led me over to the island where there were three seats. He pulled one out for me and I sat down. Vernon sat the bowl in front of me before turning to grab a spoon out of the drawer. 

Elvis sat beside me before I spoke up once more, "You both spoil me too much you realize that right? I can cook, I can clean, I can-"

"We are listening to what the doctors said darlin'. You are to not lift anything over thirty pounds, you should be on your feet for a couple hours at a time so you don't stress out yourself or the baby, and you shouldn't be around anything that could cause you stress," Elvis stated matter-of-factly. 

I smiled slyly looking at Vernon who smirked at me, both of us sharing a look. Elvis was in love with this baby even though I haven't even had her yet. I say her because Elvis thinks it's a boy. We go back and forth all day everyday for the genders. But I really feel like this baby is a girl.

"Speaking of stress, can you at least let Ren or me paint the babies room. Just to ease my mind about you getting hurt," Elvis begged once more about painting, I giggled taking the spoon the Vernon held out to me.

"I'll be painting the room, but to ease your mind you can help," I told him as I blew on the bowl of soup. I felt a kiss on  my cheek.

"Thank you baby," he whispered softly in my ear before pulling away and standing up. I watched him as I ate a spoonful of soup.

"Now...I have to go. I have to set up tours and such. I can't keep my fans waiting too long."

I nodded slowly before eating more of my soup. I felt another kiss on my cheek before Elvis wandered off to his office.

"You're suddenly upset, what's the matter Gracie?" Vernon asked as he took a seat beside me.

"I worry," I shrugged trying to dismiss the conversation.

"About what?" 

Then again Vernon wouldn't give up, very much so like Elvis, "I'm worried that Elvis will be on tour when the baby comes....that he won't be there in time...I have a feeling that something is going to happen Vernon...something just doesn't feel right."

"Listen, I know that you'd be worried about him not going to make it, but I know Elvis would do everything in his power to be there."

"I knew being married to him was going to be a little different than your average working man, but I didn't even think about him missing time with our kids, I hadn't even had this one yet and I'm worried just how much time he's going to miss."

"Why don't you talk to him about it?"

I looked up at him and smiled slightly, "I think I will."

With that I got up from my seat and went towards the back of the house. The door was slightly open to Elvis's office, and I could hear him having a loud argument with someone on the phone. I raised my eyebrows, and even though it wasn't right, I listened in.

"Priscilla I told you I can't-"Elvis seemed upset, and I was too especially when I heard that name come out of his mouth, "No, I do love you, but I'm married-"

I felt my heart throb and beat faster, my hands got clammy as they tightened into fists. Was I honestly this naïve and stupid to think that I would have him souly to myself.

"I love my wife too! I can't leave her! She's carrying my child....w-what? Pregnant? How do you know?"

I nearly felt sick, if Elvis did in fact sleep with Priscilla than I would be ruined...she's just a child for Christ sake. Not to mention she's pregnant now too? I pressed my hands to my lips and turned away from the door.

"I can't do this Priscilla, not now. I won't throw away everything I've built with Gracie just because you're calling me now to inform me," Elvis hissed on the phone, his voice held so much venom. I couldn't- I wouldn't stand there a minute longer and walked away, my foot stepped on a creaky floor board and it groaned loudly. I heard Elvis hang the phone up loudly, I stood frozen in my spot. My heart pounding so loud it echoed in my ears, My breathing hitched and my eyes stung. Everything was perfect...Everything seemed to be getting better, but just when I thought it did-

"Gracie?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 391 16
Elvis and Priscilla's relationship is falling apart. Colonel Parker won't have it so he arranges a wife swap with country singer Loretta Lynn. Will P...
788 26 17
Twenty-two-year-old Elvis Presley, after just purchasing Graceland, goes back in time seventy-seven years to the year 1880 and sees what the Gracelan...
247K 7.1K 25
"No one loves you!" "Your worthless." "Your going to live your whole life alone!" These are things Grace White has heard all her life. Shes never ha...
16.1K 287 33
Elvis Presley and his youthful love, Dixie Lange, had a wonderful, beautiful feeling. Unfortunately, due to his own mistakes, Elvis impaired Dixie's...