21. Lipstick

It's been about three days since Elvis was informed of my pregnancy. It's been on and off with him,but he's been better then he was. He no longer sat glued to his seat in front of the tv in the jungle room. The tv he had replaced.

He seemed to go out a bit more often which made me both happy and sad because he wouldn't tell me where or what he was doing. Last night he didn't come home till early morning, waking me up in the process.

I didn't smell alcohol on him but I did see lipstick on his color....it was no shade I would wear. Instead of confronting him about it I left the room after dressing for the day and wondered outback to the stables.

There I decided to spend my time with my horses and in my little office to go over the next few months scedule. I even looked over the messages I missed and put them down in the calander. I planned to take a trip over to my work place today instead of sitting around waiting for Elvis. If he wanted to be how he was I decided to leave it. The doctor already told me if I made this pregnancy any more stressful there was a high chance to loose the baby.

I wont risk losing the baby. I've always wanted to be a mother. And if E was going around on me....then- nope deep breath in deep breath out. No more thinking about it I don't need stress.

I left my office and wandered along the stable doors opening the horses stalls as I went. They were trained to follow me to the open field where they could run and graze. I felt Thunder nudge my shoulder and I couldn't help, but let out a soft giggle. He always made me feel better.

"How you feeling today old man?" I rubbed his head and he snorted in response making me smile.

I walked over to the gate and opened it and the horses raced past me into the field.

"What are you doing up so early darlin'?" I was startled when his voice appeared out of no where from beside me. I saw amusement in his eyes but I didn't return the amused look. My face was void of emotion.

"I was woken up."

"Really? What woke you up?"

I rolled my eyes slightly annoyed, "You did. When you came home this morning."

I saw him shift and scratch the back of his neck, "Sorry darlin' I got caught up at the studio and the boys wanted to hang out for a little after."

I clucked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, "The boys huh?"

"Yeah we were discussing when we should tour again."

"I didn't know you fancied boys," I said as I started heading back into the stables. I heard him walking behind me.

"What? Fancy boys?"

"Yeah I mean you said you were hanging out with the guys last night and yet you come home with lipstick on your collar......" I didn't need to finish because I heard the sigh. I walked back into my office to do more work but he followed right behind me.

"Gracie you cant not expect it to happen! Everywhere I go I have girls throwing themselves at me! I don't let them do anything but I only have two hands for christ sake!" He exclaimed, frustration evident in his tone.

"Do not- and I mean do not talk to me like that Elvis! I have every right to assume! Especially the past we've had in our relationship!" I stood up quickly pointing at him. He stood still his expression going from posted to amused within seconds.

I looked at him upset and confused, "Darlin do you see yourself right now? Do you hear yourself?"

He walked slowly around the desk towards me and I back away walking around the other side of my desk.

"Dont change the subject Elvis," I spoke to him my voice wavering slightly. He still walked over to me, he grabbed my hand and tugged me towards him pinning my waist against the desk.

"You're so damn cute when your mad," he whispered as he leaned his forehead on mine.

"I'm trying to be mad at you why do you have to do this to me everytime?" I muttered in disbelief.

"Because I love you...and no matter what you think or say you are really the only woman that drives me crazy enough to say it. That and I promised you I would try and be a better man. A better husband."

I bit my lip striving to hold onto the inferno inside me but it was already gone. I let out a long sigh my head falling back. I almost squeaked in surprise when I felt Elvis put his lips against my neck.

His hands rubbed my waist and bit my lip for an entirely different reason.

"Why dont we go back inside....and make up?" He whispered husky in my ear, causing me to shiver.

Before I could answer Elvis swept me up in his arms and started to carry me back to the house.

"You know I'm still mad at you."

"You wont be in about 20 minutes."

I felt a blush creep up my neck. Damn you hormones for giving in so easily.