11. The Crumbs That Fall

Elvis was over the moon when I shared with him the news of me carrying our child. I felt better with his acceptance, but was still very nervous how Gladys and Minnie would take it. I had a feeling Vernon wouldn't be too happy.

Elvis decided we should tell them over dinner, so he hired two maid/cooks for the morning and one for at night. Pauline was for night time as Elvis did still struggle to go to sleep, he suffered from insomnia. Nancy and Mary were the two he had hired for the day shift. He had argued with me saying that I wasn't to lift a finger. The woman all agreed with him of course once finding out my condition.

I sigh as I look towards Goliath, I wasn't going to be able to ride him for a while. It rubbed me raw not being able to do so. I felt arms wrap around me from behind.

"What's the matter little Darlin'," he huskily whispered in my ear, I felt his hand rub my still flat stomach.

"I'm just gonna miss riding Goliath," I mumbled before turning my head to look up at him.

"Oh, Darlin' you'll be back on him before you know it," he chuckled and kissed my cheek. I smiled softly and placed my hand over his.

"So how exactly do plan on telling everyone?"

"I figured we would just say it. It's better that way it's out in the open and then they can react freely to it."

I widened my eyes, talk about ripping the band aid off. I nodded, "Alright. No warming up to it I guess."

I looked back out to Goliath. I had been wanting to Talk to Elvis about something, but I didn't know how he would react to my idea. I didn't know if now would be a good time to bring it up as we already had to worry about the announcement tonight.

"Hey, E?"

"Yes, honey?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something that I really always wanted to do," I bit my lip, looking down before turning in his arms and looking up at him. I saw his face change to serious when he noticed this was important to me.

"What is it?"

"I wanted to open up a place in dedication to my mom....she had a love for horses and....well she was the reason I fell in love with them too. Goliath helped heal me with my mom's passing. Is there anyway I can-"

"Right now darlin' I don't know...."

"I have money, its not a lot, but the land I wanted to purchase for it was in my means. I just wanted-"

"Grace, baby, you are pregnant right now. Taking on a project like this, I don't want that being too much for you."

"It wouldn't be, it might even help keep me busy as I won't be going on tour with you. The last thing you need is a big bellied me being in your way."

He smiled softly down at me, "You could never be in my way...I'll tell ya what. After this tour, which is only a couple months, I'll have your land bought and we can run a horse ranch together. Yeah?"

I slowly grinned, "Promise?"

He nuzzled his nose against mine and pecked my lips softly, "I promise."

I giggled, "You are so mushy."

"That's because you make me feel like that Darlin'."

"Mr. Presley, dinner is all set for you," Nancy announced, "I'm sorry for the interruption."

"It's alright Nancy, we will be right in, Can you just make sure everyone knows as well?"

"Yes, Mr. Presley."