23. For Better or For Worse

I found myself smiling a lot more often, just to see week by week the bump growing bigger. Currently I was in one of the guest bedrooms closest to mine and Elvis's room. It was going to be the babies room so I was looking at wallpaper and paint swatches. Elvis begged for me to just let him higher a room decorator, but I told him I preferred to do it myself. 

It would also give him and I a chance to go out to the stores together to pick out the furniture and toys. I kept going back and forth between the wallpapers and the paint swatches, I was sitting on the floor crossing my legs. I was stuck between one wallpaper, and two paint colors. I bit my lip. 

"ELVIS!" I called out, my voice echoing in the empty babies room and down the hall of the house. I heard two sets of footsteps racing towards the room. Elvis and Vernon barged into the room looking frantic and worried.

I smiled shyly realizing I probably startled them half to death, "Sorry...I just need help with choosing between three swatches."

I saw them both physically relax, Elvis let out a sigh and pulled me gently from the floor, "Baby you shouldn't be on the floor, and for the love of god woman...don't scare me like that again."

I giggled softly at his overprotectiveness, "I'm sorry dear husband of mine. It won't happen again."

I looked up at him and saw him smiling down at me, I heard Vernon leave the room. Elvis wrapped me up in his arms and held me close.

"You are enough to drive a man crazy, Mrs. Presley."

"I only want to drive one man crazy, Mr. Presley," 

He let out a laugh as he leaned in and rested his forhead on mine. I grinned up at him before remembering the swatches I wanted him to look at. I pulled away to pick the swatches up off the floor.

"I'm usually against wallpaper, but I don't think I could mind it if you loved it as well."

I showed him the wallpaper I had in mind:

"Or instead of the wallpapers I have these two colors picked out," I told him as I maneuvered to the paint swatches: