I'm In Love With My Best Frie...

By _TheBibliophile

From strangers to best friends to lovers to best friends to strangers. A punitive realism that’s etched both... More

Prologue
1. Moving Out
2. Cheyenne Middle School
3. An Unfortunate Mishap (Sort of)
4. What Feelings?
6. Kisses from the Black Market
7. A Part from Then and Now
8. Keeping Up With The Chances
9. God Noodles
10. Grandeza de Escape
11. Stroppy Banters
12. Blame the Genes
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
IWMB Contest 03
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Interview with the characters!
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Epilogue
Thank You's, Author's Note, News (MUST READ)

5. Bros Before Hoes

11.4K 128 23
By _TheBibliophile

"So, your new friends will come over?" Mom asked again as she whisked the butter. She pulled out the cake mixer and plugged it in. "Will you please get me the frosting?"

I nod and walked over towards the fridge. "Yeah, they will. And where is the frosting?"

"Under the platter, [Yn]." She answered. Just as I was about to give her the icing, the doorbell rang. "Honey, will you please answer that?" She called out to my father.

"[Yn], answer the door." My father ordered from the living room.

"Mom, answer the door." I said which earned me a look from my mother.

Sighing, I walked towards the door, my footsteps thundering against the floor. Opening the door, I saw Keisha and Angela slumped on the floor, drizzled in sweat and were both gasping for air.

"Holy cheeseballs, what happened?!" I asked, helping them out to stand.

"You have no idea." Keisha alleged, wiping her sweat.

"We forgot to ask you your home address," Angela filled in, "which is injudicious for us, by the way. We have knocked over twenty houses. One of which was not so benevolent. Can you imagine? They let their wild dog chase us!"

I shoot them an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry. Um, come inside. You need to get some refreshments."

As soon as they stepped inside the house, they scanned everything with prodigious wonder. Their exhaustion gone and there, replaced their fascination. Angela stared at the ornamental embellishment dangling over the walls. "Wow, your house is beautiful."

"We just robbed this house so I thank the previous owners for that." I shrugged and walked away, hoping that they would follow me towards the kitchen area. Looking over my shoulders, I figured that they were still planted at their previous spot. "I'm kidding! Now, come on."

When we arrived at the kitchen, mom was halfway done with the food. Her face brightened when she saw my new friends. In a swift motion, she took her apron off and walked closer towards us. "Hello. You must be [Yn]'s new friends?"

Keisha and Angela grinned. "Yes. Nice meeting you, Mrs. [YLN]."

My mom tittered. "Oh, please, call me 'Tita'."

"My mom likes to keep the Filipino ethics." I said, noticing my friends' baffled expressions. "I'm half."

They both nodded and said a collective, "Ooohhh..."

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Whatever. Well, mom, we're going upstairs."

***

"Oh my gosh, you have a game room?!" Keisha wonders, as she run over the beanie bag and made herself comfortable.

I shrugged in response. "I guess."

I have never entered the game room yet until now. I admit, the room is imperturbable. An old pacman machine was perched on the wall just a few distance away from me. The huge flat screen was the main attraction of the room. I grabbed the game book and tossed it at Angela.

"This is fascinating." Angela said. "Can I live here forever?"

"Sure," I laughed, "let's just keep it a secret because the adults might freak out. I might give you cheese from time to time when I feel like it."

Angela rolled her eyes and went back to observing the room.

"Hey, I have an idea!" Keisha exclaimed out of the blue, causing both Angela and I to jump in utter surprise. "We should go to the park!"

Angela shrugged. "Well, I'm fine with that."

"Really," Keisha added, "[Yn], you have been in Oklahoma for what? A week? We should take you to Hafer Park. It is beautiful, I promise."

***

Hafer Park is a lovely substantial park with a volleyball court, small fishing pond, trails, and a playground. The ground is adorned with olive greensward that I just want to lay down and roll over it.

It is filled with people wandering around--some were frolicking in the court, kids were laughing with glee as they play in the playground, and others were just sprawled over the grass-talking and whatnot.

I stare in wonder at the sight before me. I am not much of Park-person, but visiting here can possibly change that aspect for me. My eyes landed on a busy corner where a kiosk was garlanded with flowers.

Ignoring the calls of my friends, I rush towards the field with roses and took one.

"You're going to give it to Greyson Chance?" A small squeak spoke behind me.

I turn around to glare at Angela. "No. I love roses."

"And you love Greyson." Keisha pipes up, earning a scowl from me which she dismissed with an eye roll. "You're so grumpy. Greyson wouldn't like that."

Deciding that I had enough, I placed the rose back to where I took it and faced my two friends. "I am craving for ice cream. Want to come with me?"

They both shook their heads in response. Angela sat on a wooden bench, taking her earphones out from her pockets and placing it on her ears. Keisha inspected her nails and pouted when she saw how badly chapped it was.

"I think we'll just wait for you here. The ice cream truck is just a few walk away. Do you see that?" She said, pointing at the minivan with a big 'Ice Cream' printed on each side of it. "I still need to fret over my nails."

I chuckled. "You do that. I'll be back."

"You do that!" She countered as I started walking away.

***

As I make my long journey towards the promise land, I stopped in my tracks to take a short breath and draw in the sweet trace concoction of soil and rain. I look around to see Angela and Keisha's figure a kilometer away from me, both were doing things on their own.

Deciding to take a quick break, I followed the trails which led me to a small lake. I sat down and watched the view in astonishment. The water mirrors the sun which gives it an exquisite ambiance, its rays scattering in diverse tints as the current move against it.

I heard the sickening crunch of leaves but I intend to ignore it, a bit sad that my lone time has been interrupted. A hand frivolously landed on my shoulder and I immediately look back to see who it was.

I gaped at Greyson with wide eyes. "Uh, what are you doing here?"

"I sure do hope you don't own this place because it would be really awkward." He replied, and I started freaking out inside-realizing that this is the first time that we're having a proper conversation. "Isn't this place breathtaking?"

I heaved a sigh. "Yeah. Is this your usual hangout? I'd like to apologize if your answer to my question is a 'yes'. Also, I'm sorry about the coffee mishap. Great, now I'm babbling too much. I should stop and leave. Bye." I started to stand but he stopped me by holding my wrist with his hand.

"No, you can stay, he said quickly, "And stop apologizing about the incident. I'm over it."

I breathed out a huge sigh of relief, causing him to grin.

"I've heard a lot about you. You're [Yn], right?" He asked me, letting out a chuckle. "Though I'm not sure if you really played football before."

I looked at him with my jaws hanging wide open. "How did you know?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, his eyes not meeting mine anymore. "I've heard about it."

"They talk about me?"

"Who wouldn't?" He beamed widely, as if noticing my expression, he added quickly, "I mean, students use to talk about the new students more often. It so happens that you are new and got in late."

I laughed awkwardly. "Yes, and the newbie who spilled a coffee over their King."

"Who said that?" He frowned, clearly not wanting the title I gave him.

I gulped nervously. "It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me." He replied, a look of seriousness clouding his eyes. "You are not a newbie. Yeah, sure you are a new student but that doesn't mean they have to degrade you like that. As I said, I'm over that coffee accident. They should get a life."

My cheeks warm up at his words. I cursed myself silently. I don't blush this easily but he managed to do it every single time. Add the fact that I thought he was upset with the title I gave him.

"It's not that bad." I answered. "I've had it worse."

Before Greyson could response, my beloved friends decided that this is the perfect moment to disrupt something.

"[Yn]!" They both called out.

I groaned inwardly and waved my hands so that they will see where I am at.

Greyson gave me a lopsided smile and stood up. I can't help but to feel a bit sad that he's leaving. "Well, it was nice talking to you, [Yn]. See you around. And just so you know, I ain't a King." And just that, he was gone.

I stared at his retreating figure, not bothering to entertain my friends' bombarding questions.

"Omg! Was that Greyson Chance?!" Keisha shrieked.

"Where's your ice cream?" Angela asked.

"What were you two doing?!"

"I don't see any ice cream wrapper around?"

"I need details!"

"I hope you bought the chocolate one. It's really delicious, I can guarantee you."

I gave them a look that shut them up. "Yes, that was Greyson Chance. I don't have an ice cream with me. We were just talking. There's no wrapper around because I didn't buy any. No details because y'all ruined it. Lastly, I sure do hope I did too. I love chocolate."

Keisha gave you an rueful look. "We're so sorry, we didn't know. We thought you were kidnapped and we started freaking out. I don't want to sign papers when you die."

Believe me, I am very willing to sign papers if y'all die.

Shut up, subconscious. They are sorry.

"Juvenile Delinquency is horrid." Angela agreed. "We are legit asking for your forgiveness, [Yn]. Don't worry we'll make sure you'll be able to talk to him again."

"No thanks." I said quickly, not wanting the idea of them planning something. It could probably end enchantingly or devastatingly. I love my friends but they can be weird sometimes. Okay, most of the time. "And of course I'll forgive you. Bros before hoes."

They beamed at my response. "True. Fries before guys."

"Books before dudes." Y'all know who said this.

As we decided to celebrate by buying ice cream, I can't help but to look back at where Greyson just left. A familiar tug ensued in my heart that made me somehow smile despite the circumstances.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 30K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...