Handle With Care

By aismovingalong

"I dream of a better tomorrow, I can't have that without you." When Luke's parents are involved in a tragic c... More

INTRODUCTION
2. Spilt Coffee.
3. Black Swan.
4. Public Information.
5. Don't Dream It's Over.
6. Karaoke Date.
7. The Purple Sky and Prettiest Girl.
8. A Million Meanings.
9. Wedding Preparations.
10. The Best Best-Man
11. He's Single, She's Single.
12. Dance In The Dark.
13. Couldn't Be Happier.
14. Wrong type of Love.
15. Proper Christmas Dinner.
16. Unprofessional.
17. With care, please
18. Pretty Gross.
19. Love To Go To Hell.
20. What I Want, I Can't Have.
21. She Who Shall Not Be Named.
22. The Comments.
23. Vegas Baby!
24. Clubs & Casinos.
25. What Happens In Vegas...
26. A Night to Forget.
27. A Bad Idea.
28. Old Me.
29. The Best Years.

1. The First Appointment.

611 29 15
By aismovingalong

HANDLE WITH CARE

1. The First Appointment.

L U K E

What do you wear to your first public outing since your parents were killed over a year ago? Luke asked Jack this, his older brother who was the reason he had to choose what to wear for this unnecessary public outing.

What's this public outing you might be wondering? Luke was going to spend the rest of his life stuck in a small, none conditioned room with an uncomfortable couch and an elderly man asking way too personal questions. Obviously, it was this old mans job to ask these questions but it wasn't Luke's job to be asked these questions.

If Luke had a choice he wouldn't even go to these sessions, he would stay at his brothers apartment and bathe in self-loathing and mental hatred for as long as he wanted, which was for eternity, or at least until he was killed off.

The fact they were always an hour and a half long, no matter if Luke was late, made him hate whoever this probably lonely, old, and patronising man who deemed to be "helping" him. Luke didn't need help, which he told his brother for months, he just wanted his parents back.

With his parents back, the band could get back together and create a new, ground-breaking album that all his once dedicated fans could love to their hearts content. He would have his friends back too, which were thankfully in the band, who he missed nearly as much as his parents, but he couldn't face himself to see them again.

"Aren't you dressed yet?" Jack walked into his room, crossing his arms when he noticed his younger, broken brother still lying in bed, hiding from the world under his duvet.

After the accident, Luke had to stay in hospital for a few weeks until he was healthy again, and when he was Jack wanted to be there for him every step of his recovery.

Jack knew his little brother had a rough childhood, not one in which involved his parents or siblings, mostly just school and his own mind bringing him down.

He wasn't a very good big brother, he wasn't as bad as his older brother Ben, who dropped all contact with the others as soon as their parents died. Jack knew Luke needed everyone to help him through this, and he only had Jack.

Luke shut out all his friends, ignored their calls and texts and tweets, ignored the fans on Instagram and twitter, ignored the news outlets and radio stations. He shut the world out because that way it didn't feel as real.

"Hurry up and get dressed," Jack yanked the duvet off of his curled up little brother, dropping it on the floor as he started to rummage through his wardrobe. "You need to look smart." He mumbled, pulling out a button up and some trousers.

"Why? Aren't I supposed to look like I haven't left my house in a year because of a near death experience involving the most important people to me?" Luke did that a lot, he'd reference the accident and his poor state to get sympathy from his brother, because he felt like if he didn't he would be left alone all over again.

"My house," Jack corrected, throwing some clean underwear at Luke's bed bound body as he checked the clock for the time. 3:15pm. Luke's first appointment was at 4:00pm and Jack assumed they'd be walking so they needed to leave soon. "Get dressed."

With that he left the room, also leaving his little brother to whine and mumble to himself about how pointless this was going to be. The therapist couldn't do anything to help him, they couldn't bring his parents back or his old life back, what was the point?

Shuffling into his clothes, he wet his hands and ran them through his over grown hair before deciding he probably needed to shave too, considering he hadn't done it in months. Trudging his way downstairs, he was scowling at his brother who was fiddling with his car keys. "We walking or...?"

Luke walked to the door, slipping a jacket on before walking out the door and a little down the street before waiting for his brother. He most definitely wasn't getting in a car and he was slightly annoyed his brother even had to ask.

Jack caught up with him and had the directions on his phone, their destination being a 30 minute walk away.

Luke put his hood up and his hands in his pockets, he wasn't sure how 'famous' he was anymore, if he still even had any fans since he'd deleted all his social media's. He didn't want anyone to notice him, he didn't want people thinking he was making a come back or anything. He didn't want to give people hope.

On the way to the clinic Jack was lecturing his little brother about how to be polite and not to disrespected the therapist who was there to help him.

Admittedly Luke had lost his basic human manners ever since he'd locked himself away, mostly because he didn't need to care about how he acted around his brother.

Luke nodded along, not that he was actually listening, and licked his lips as Jack held the door to this hell hole open.

He hated it already; with its light blue walls and hospital flooring, to the fake plants and shitty radio in the corner of the room.

Luke groaned way too loud to for the silent waiting room, meaning the elder woman behind the desk gave him a pointed look which he didn't think about too much. He wanted to get this hour and a half out of the way and go back to bed to sleep in his self pity.

Jack nudged his side, frowning at the boy before wondering over to the grey haired lady and giving in his brothers name. She nodded and pointed to the second door at the far side of the room, telling the two that the therapist was ready.

Luke pulled his hood down before stepping towards the door, knocking as he stared at his brother who gave him a quick wave and told him he'd be back at the end of the session.

As his brother left, the door opened, and surprisingly, it wasn't a lonely, old and patronising man like he assumed it to be.

He was actually a She. A good-looking She too; a curvy figure that could still be noticed in her formal attire (grey blazer with matching pencil skirt and a white button up), her wild curly hair in a bun, light make up and some black heels.

Luke couldn't help but look her up and down, he couldn't deny that she was attractive. She was the complete opposite of what Luke was expecting from the therapy thing but he was wide awake now, especially since she was raising an eyebrow at him.

"Everything ok Mr Hemmings?" She asked, her voice sweet and yet questioning as she opened the door wider for him to enter.

He gulped and nodded his head, shuffling into the room and taking a seat on the long black leather couch. Opposite it was a single cushioned chair, presumably for the therapist, and a coffee table in the middle.

His eyes wondered around the room, a book shelf along one wall with a multitude of books, albums and a stereo. Next to it was a filing cabinet, labelled with different dates and lastly next to that was a desk with a computer on.

The woman sat herself down on the chair, crossing her legs and relaxing her hands on her knee as she watched Luke observe her room. "Would you like something to drink?" She asked, pointing the door to the left of her desk that read 'kitchen'.

"Uh," he started, his mind still a little messed up from the sudden surprise of this wonderful woman who actually has to talk to him. "No I'm fine thanks."

"Alright, well since it's our first session I think it's mandatory we get to know a little about each other first." She spoke, smiling as Luke ran a hand through his hair, nodding to her words.

"I think I should know your name first," Luke stated, smiling back at her but feeling as though it was forced, because it was, he didn't normally smile anymore.

"Annie McCain, I'm 24 and my favourite colour is blue. I have a German Shepard called Bow and live in an apartment about a 40 minute walk from here." She informed, like she had done hundreds of times. "You?"

"Wow, straight to the point ok. Luke Hemmings and you can probably just search the rest." He shrugged, not too interested in talking about himself as he had done a millions times in interviews and fan questions and what not.

"Why would I search the rest? Do you have a problem with telling me?" She raised an eyebrow again, her head tilting as a piece of hair slipped from her bun. It curled down her nose, which she blew out of her face in a cartoon way that Luke found rather... cute.

"I assumed you'd do a background check or something, isn't that your job?" He didn't mean to sound rude but he hadn't really brushed up on his politeness recently.

"My job is to assist you with things no one else can. Whether that has anything to do with what is online is up to you. Is it something online?" She commented, tapping her finger against her knee as her eyes finally took in Luke's appearance.

"No, I don't go on social media anymore."

"And why's that?" She tucked the stray curl behind her ear, placing her arms on the arm rest and trying to maintain eye contact with Luke.

"Do you have to ask a question every time you speak? Like, is that mandatory for a therapist to always ask questions?" He ignored her last question, not in the mood to talk about the reasons behind his deep depression.

"It is my job to help you get through life and in order to do that I need to know what's stopping you. And no, I don't have to ask questions, it'd be rather awkward if I didn't though." She answered, trying to stay as professional as possible.

"Oh, right." He mumbled, scratching at the back of his neck and noticing how Annie was watching his every move like an eagle or something, she was a lot more intimidating than she first looked.

A silence settled and Luke felt like an ignorant child who thought it'd be funny to stand up to his parents or something. She wasn't going to speak now because of Luke's little out burst but he didn't know what to say, she was the one who was supposed to talk.

"So, Uh, how come you don't have a notepad? Y'know... for listing what's wrong with me." He pursed his lips, gesturing to her open hands then looking back up to her face.

"Oh so you can ask questions?" She chuckled, lightening the mood and making Luke's muscles relax, he liked that sound, and he'd likely do anything to hear it again.

"Yeah why not switch it up a bit huh?" He answered, not sure if he was flirting or just trying to make this less like a session.

Why would he be flirting? He thought, his mind wondering about this woman; who was she? He shouldn't care, even if he was seeing her three times a week for a total of four and a half hours it doesn't mean he should know her.

But the problem was, he wanted to know her. Yet he had only met her 30 minutes ago but something about the way she looked at him, and the way she spoke was a little more intimate than what he was used to.

He got attached very easily, especially now that he hadn't had any human contact (let alone female contact) apart from his brother for the past year.

"Are you even listening to me?" Annie smiled, her head tilting which Luke already noticed she did a lot.

"No, sorry." He shrugged, watching as her eyes rolled and she bit her lip.

Luke wasn't going to hate this as much as he thought he would, he might actually grow to like her. Maybe.

The first chapter is up!
A lot of plans for this story, this probably isn't the best first chapter but I PROMISE it will get better!!
While you're waiting for new chapters you should check out SEEING BLIND!
I will update wednesdays and sundays BST, hopefully
Thank you so much!
Also go check out You Found Me by lukes_valentine it's amazing!!

Header by kinkcth ! <3

Please Vote and COMMENT!

Lotta love
A x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 2.3K 21
The last thing Ashton ever wanted to do was hurt Luke, but he couldn't help it. The singer was just so beautiful, so ethereal and otherworldly that i...
48.1K 866 110
โœงใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ โ‹† ใ€€ใ€€ ยท * . ยท . ใ€€ ใ€€ * ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ . ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ * . ใ€€ ใ€€ . ยทใ€€ . ใ€€ ยท ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ . ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ *ใ€€ ยท ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ . ยท ใ€€ ยท + ใ€€. ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ ยท ** หš ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€.. ใ€€ . . ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ ยท +...
623 3 23
Hey my names Allison Summers. My parents and I were in a huge car crash which led to me forgetting about 2 years of my life. Yup 2 years of my life...
71.4K 959 83
Izzy has been going through life alone for years. But, when she's introduced to someone she can't live without, everything she's ever known is flippe...