Meant To Be #wattys2019

Oleh oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... Lebih Banyak

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 34: Don't let them change you

2.7K 247 39
Oleh oh_hi_byeee

"We are never abandoned. There is a door waiting for you to be opened. Be Patient."

"What are you even saying?", Anabiya questioned, totally taken off guard by the information she just learned.

Ruhina smiled widely as she quickly nodded.

"I'm getting engaged in two days, Anabiya! TWO DAYS!", Ruhina screamed and then hid her face blushing and Anabiya knew her friend wasn't joking.

Anabiya jumped out of Ruhina's bed and hugged her bestfriend as her eyes brimmed with tears.

And this time, they were of happiness.

After squealing and screaming and dancing, both the girls finally settled.

"Spill the beans, bish!", Anabiya ordered.

"Okay, so.... the guy's name is Zuhair. And well his alliance came in last week. My family liked the guy and his family and they wanted it quick. Well even I wanted it quick, so yeah we're getting engaged in two days!", Ruhina explained and Anabiya again squealed.

Yeah, it's a girls thing to scream and squeal.

"Anabiya, there's one thing too....", Ruhina trailed off and Anabiya nodded as she started to take a sip of some of her peach tea.

"Zuhair is Arhaan's friend. Well, actually it was Zuhair who saw me at the Saeed's grand engagement party and well he kinda had a small talk with me and the next I know is he brought this 'rishta'.", Ruhina revealed, unsure about Anabiya's reaction who surely looked surprised but looked quite chilled out.

"Why didn't you tell me before? When this alliance came?", Anabiya questioned instead and Ruhina sighed.

"You had.... You had your own stuff, Anabee."

And that's when guilt hit Anabiya... right in the guts.

"Ruhi.... Ya Allah! I'm so sorry! I was so busy crying and being sad with my own stuff that I forgot I have a friend to look after too! You were there for me every time.... be it happiness or sadness, highs or lows. I'm sorry. I'm such a bad and a selfish person!", Anabiya whined as she hid her face in the pillow, truly ashamed for her behaviour of the past few days.

While Ruhina tried to stifle her laugh watching the antics of her friend.

"You're such a drama queen, Anabiya! No wonder why our college friends call you that!", Ruhina finally commented and Anabiya looked at her with a funny expression.

The moment of happiness was then interrupted by a greeting.

"Assalamualaikum, girls!", Sanaya greeted as she stood by the door of Ruhina's room.

Ruhina and Anabiya both were taken a bit off guard by such sudden appearance of Sanaya but they both muttered the reply while Ruhina gave a polite smile.

"Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! Well it's a shame that I got to know about this from my mother and not from you.", Sanaya taunted and Ruhina cleared her throat.

"Uhm.... well.... I didn't inform anyone and I'm sorry about that."

And Sanaya then came inside the room and settled beside Anabiya, while Anabiya just busied herself with memes on Instagram.

"Oh so now memes are much more important than me? And couldn't you find a better way to ignore me?", Sanaya playfully taunted Anabiya and Anabiya sighed.

"Memes are important than anyone and you know it. Secondly, I'm not ignoring you.... well wait! Actually I am. I need some space from you.", Anabiya simply stated, her voice monotonous and void of any emotions and just when she got a call from Tanya, she couldn't be more happier.

"I need to go. Work calls.", she announced and then quickly gave a hug to Ruhina and almost ran out of the room.

"I lost myself.... a part of me when I lost my bestfriend....."

................

Days and time run quick enough, we all know, but the past two days seemed like seconds to Anabiya. The shopping and the hustle of the engagement arrangements kept Anabiya on her toes.

And finally the evening had arrived where her friend was going to get engaged.

Anabiya quickly finished her makeup and hair and got dressed in her beautiful long dress. She loosely wrapped her hijab and quickly rushed towards Ruhina's house.

"MashaAllah MashaAllah! Zuhair is going to be flattered! Poor guy! I'm sure he'll insist for the nikah tonight itself!", Anabiya commented as she entered Ruhina's room while Ruhina was a blushing mess.

"Stop....", Ruhina shyly protested though she was clearly ignored as Anabiya teased her continuously.

And within a minute or two, Sanaya came too and well let's just say, it was the very first time when Anabiya and Sanaya didn't talk.

Soon everyone was ready to go the main venue where the ceremony was about to take place and as decided, Ruhina was with her parents and her two bestfriends.

"Oh I must settle there. Some people need 'space' you know!", Sanaya bitterly taunted and Anabiya rolled her eyes.

"Really? I thought you could do better. Nevermind, not all are blessed with a good sense of humour and sarcasm.", Anabiya said and Ruhina giggled at the savage come back.

"People with a not so pretty face take the support of humour and sarcasm. My looks are enough for me to speak.", And here came the mean remark from Sanaya's side and Anabiya was really shattered. Before she could reply, Ruhina's mother arrived and Anabiya decided to keep it shut for now.

After twenty minutes, with thick air of tension between Anabiya and Sanaya, they all finally reached the hall.

Ruhina held Anabiya's hand, clearly nervous and Anabiya squeezed it, reassuringly.

"Ruhina you're getting engaged, not married. You're still mine.", Anabiya whispered which made Ruhina chuckle.

Anabiya laughed too and maybe it was the ambience or her temporary happiness or the affect of someone's gaze that made her glow.

Arhaan.....

Oh how was the young man supposed to stop his heart loving this young woman in front of her?

He smiled as soon as he saw Anabiya getting out of the car and then laughing without caring about the people around her.

He then noticed how beautiful she looked in the dark green gown adorned with golden stones.

The theme of the engagement party was pure desi and thus everyone was dressed as if in a desi fairytale.

Anabiya was still busy calming down Ruhina's nerves when her phone started to ring and as she looked at it, she felt a light push and she tripped, only to be held by her soon to be fiancè.

"Thankyou, Omar.", she quickly thanked him as she saw Sanaya who held a look of disappointment which then turned into a smirk.

"Really? She can stoop so low? She legit pushed you so that you can fall and embarrass yourself?", Ruhina angrily whispered as they continued walking inside.

Anabiya kept her mouth shut because she knew she would either cry or smash Sanaya's head. There was nothing in between. But she surely wasn't in favour of creating a scene at her friend's engagement party and steal the thunder.

Anabiya was so busy in avoiding Sanaya and her antics that she failed to noticed the instant reflex of Arhaan to save her when she was about to trip and also the hurtful and fury raged eyes when Omar held her.

Soon, people started to gather and everyone was now enjoying and the party was going on in full swing.

Nabeeha arrived with the Saeed Family and her soon to be in laws. Humaid arrived after a minute with Afia and her family.

Anabiya was even convinced that maybe the Nikah will happen today itself only judging by the number of people and the arrangements.

Sanaya, however wasn't concentrating on Ruhina nor the party. All she was focused on was getting on Anabiya's nerves.

And well, let's just say maybe she succeeded when she said the words, "You don't even deserve to be here. Look at the people present here and look at you. No one would even notice if you'll just leave. Oh by the way did I tell you how many proposals I got tonight?"

Anabiya took a sip of her drink and gave a small smirk.

"Congratulations. I feel sorry about those guys who just see the makeup laden face. You're lucky that they can't see your ugly personality!"

And with those words, Anabiya more of hurted herself than Sanaya because let's face it, Anabiya wasn't that type of a person who would use her words to hurt someone intentionally. And her bestfriend or let's say her 'ex bestfriend' was way off limits to get tasted by those words.

So without any further damage to herself or Sanaya, Anabiya straight away walked out of the hall and towards the parking lot, only to realise she haven't brought her car and going inside and asking her dad for his car keys won't help.

She was in no mood to go inside and again cross paths with Sanaya and break her mental peace.

Anabiya quickly took a local cab and asked the driver to drive her to the only place where she knew she'll find her peace and a calm from her chaos.

.........................

"Where is she?", Ruhina questioned for like fifth time and all she received was a negative answer.

"Call her. Anybody call Anabiya!", Afia suggested and Nabeeha pitched in.

"Her phone's with me."

Now the girls present in the room were worried and they couldn't just inform the elders as they knew they'll make a big deal out of it.

"How much attention does she need?", Sanaya commented and everyone looked at her with astonishment and anger.

"She never craves for attention.... unlike some people.", Afia commented as Sanaya made a face.

Yeah, Afia was quick enough to detect Sanaya's true colours. And let's just say, she disliked Sanaya. Alot.

The girls were still figuring out a way to find Anabiya, just then Nabeeha got a call from Arhaan.

"Nabeeha? Yeah, the engagement ceremony is about to take place. Where are you girls? And yeah Humaid and Ali are going crazy without seeing you and Afia. Also our lover boy Zuhair can't wait to be an engaged man. So yeah, be here, quick.", Arhaan said over the phone, though whatever he said was true but he obviously didn't state the fact that he wanted to see Anabiya too and it was kind of making him uncomfortable with not having her in front of his eyes or even around him.

"Arhaan..... there's a problem.... Actually-", before Nabeeha could complete, Ruhina shouted.

"I'M NOT GETTING ENGAGED WITHOUT ANABIYA. FIND HER. I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES!"

And yes, it was loud enough for Arhaan to hear and that's when he clearly felt his heart stop for a second as his throat went dry.

"Arhaan? Arhaan? Anabiya is not here. I mean she has been missing for an hour now. And you heard Ruhina, right? We need to find her.", Nabeeha said and Arhaan took a deep breath, just praying for the safety of the light of his life.

"Nabeeha listen. Just calm Ruhina down. I'll ask Humaid to talk to Zuhair and stretch the time of the ceremony. Maybe I know where she could possibly go. I'll bring her. Just keep the situation under control. Bye."

And with that Arhaan immediately explained everything to Humaid and rushed towards his car and breaking some traffic rules, he went to the only place he knew his Anabiya could be.

..........................

"You look like a run-away bride!", Anabiya was startled by the voice and then calmed down when she realised to whom it belonged.

"Why are you here?", Anabiya questioned, her eyes still on the crashing waves which were fiercely hitting the rocks and sand near the shore.

Fierce yet beautiful.

Arhaan sighed and settled beside Anabiya and smiled at how Anabiya tried to hold her hijab from flying away.

"To take you with me....", Arhaan said and Anabiya raised her eyebrow at him.

"To the party.", he completed and Anabiya pursed her lips.

"I don't feel good. I'll head home.", she lied and Arhaan shook his head, definitely not buying it.

"Look, maybe you don't remember it, but when we were in Dubai, you mentioned about how much you love beaches and always go near the sea whenever you feel burdened or low. And I know why you're here. So don't lie, Anabiya.  At least not to me.", Arhaan said and Anabiya looked at him with a small smile.

"I can't.... I'm tired Arhaan."

"I know you are. You are emotionally drained. I saw Sanaya's behaviour was at it's  worse today and you can't deal with it anymore. I saw when she pushed you and yeah the look she has been giving you is quite disturbing. But I know you're strong enough to deal with her. Don't run away from your life just because someone else is trying to ruin it. Ruhina needs you there. Why are you punishing yourself and your friend because of what some other person is doing? Look, Ruhina clearly said she ain't getting engaged without you. And she's worried. So you better get your butt up and come back to the party. And yeah, I know your sarcasm and comeback game is strong. So better use it. Get up now!", Arhaan ended his short speech and Anabiya just stared at him.

Arhaan got up and grabbed Anabiya's stilettos and gestured her to get up too.

"You know it's both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply. I can't take her words nor I can say those words to her!", Anabiya whined like a child and Arhaan slowly shook his head.

"Then don't use the words. Your punching game is strong too. I'm aware of it. I've seen you punching. Use it if she gets on your nerves.", Arhaan smirked and Anabiya laughed as she got up and grabbed her stilletos from Arhaan's hand.

She then realised people at the beach were staring them.

She looked at Arhaan and then noticed even he was wearing a Desi outfit.

A matte black kurta.

Though Anabiya hated to admit but yes,  her heart was pounding in her chest and she felt her cheeks getting hot and there was a smile playing on her lips.

Yeah, they were actually looking like a runaway couple.

And as they walked towards Arhaan's car, they both forgot about all the things they've been worrying about.

Little did they know there was a series of events awaiting them..... that will again shatter their hearts and will cause more damage this time.

..............................

Arhaan and Anabiya reached within fifteen minutes, thanks to Arhaan's inner racer.

As soon as they reached, Anabiya was about to open the car door only to be stopped by Arhaan.

"Anabiya, listen."

Anabiya immediately looked at Arhaan, with a big question mark plastered on her face.

"Avoid people who mess with your head. Avoid people who intentionally and repeatedly say and do things that they know upset you.Avoid people who expect you to prioritise them but take you for granted. Avoid people who can't or won't apologize sincerely.", Arhaan said the words that were so deep and so true. He didn't just say the words. He more likely explained them to Anabiya.

While Anabiya just smiled. She didn't expect Arhaan to be this understanding and this deep. And so with a small nod and wide smile, she alighted from the car and ran towards the hall only to be stopped by Arhaan's voice. Again.

"Anabiya your heels.... uhm sandals.... shoes... whatever it is, you forgot them.", Arhaan said as he swinged Anabiya's stilettos by holding them by their straps.

"Oh damn!", Anabiya facepalmed as she again ran towards Arhaan's car and slipped on her 'sandles'.

"You go inside. I'll just park and come. And yeah go to Ruhina. That girl is literally crying for you.", Arhaan said and Anabiya nodded.

"Oh by the way, Arhaan!", Anabiya called out.

"Yeah?", Arhaan asked.

"These are called Stilettos!", and with that Anabiya ran off, leaving Arhaan with an amused look on his face as he laughed.

..........................

Anabiya came in running and as soon as Ruhina saw her, she marched towards her with anger and Anabiya stopped dead in her tracks.

"Oh my Allah! Hope she doesn't hit me! Doesn't hit me! Doesn't hit m-", Anabiya's chanting was interrupted by Ruhina's bone crushing hug.

"You idiot! How dare you leave me alone?", Ruhina whisper yelled into Anabiya's ear and Anabiya sighed. She quickly apologised and Ruhina didn't ask much as she kind of knew the reason behind Anabiya's sudden disappearance.

"Okay you girls, if you both are done, can we proceed with the engagement ceremony?", Ruhina's mother asked and everyone chuckled.

Soon, the ceremony took place and as Ruhina and Zuhair exchanged rings, Anabiya couldn't help but grin like a child while tears shone in her eyes.

And involuntarily, her eyes searched for the guy in black kurta, and as soon as her eyes saw him, her heart fluttered as she realised those eyes were already looking towards her.

"You drowned in my thoughts as if you were always waiting...."

Arhaan and Anabiya weren't aware that there was another pair of eyes too, who was looking at both of them..... with not so pure intentions.

..............................

Hey my Sweeeettttkkkiiinnsss!

Okay so here's another chapter and well it hurts to say this but there are only fee chapters left! I LOVE THIS BOOK AND I DON'T WANNA STOP WRITING THIS BUT I HAVE TO OMA I'M CRYING.

Oh on the bright side, I'll be starting with a new book, obv after completing 'Meant To Be'.

I'll maybe post the description or Prologue next week.

And yeah, Like and Comment. I love your comments.

Dedicated to lubna_mb  ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
Love ya all.
          A.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

39.7K 3.5K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
3.8K 269 51
★★★ "When you are going to tell me about that Iram" Kabir asked. "Never" Iram replied looking icely into his eyes. _________________________ Kabir...
4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
599K 32K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...