The Sergeants Gal (Bucky Barn...

By awkward_trouble

Olivia Ward (oc) x Bucky Barnes. 1940's fanfic Olivia ward falls in love with the Charming Bucky Barnes. A w... More

Summary
Diner
Lillies
The Swing
Steady
Coney island
The Expo
Through time
In sickness and in health
Mystery Woman
Behind the Mask
Target
The Picture
The Cradle
Regift
Daydreams
Nightmares
Therapy
Hydra
The Talk
Rooftop
Grand Central Station
Wipe him
Grief
Wake up
Hoping
The Last Experiment
Reunited at Last
Mornings
Show Me
After

Picnic

6K 145 19
By awkward_trouble

After about an hour Bruce had finished up and my back was as good as new. James led me back up to his room, we walked in silence as I processed everything he had told me.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

I nodded, "I'm just confused as to how it's possibly been so long...."

"The cryo machines work like a charm." He said bitterly.

"I'm sorry, for what they did to you." I said looking up at him.

He shook his head. "it's not your fault. The same happened to you, so..." He looked away as we walked into his room.

I walked in and took a seat on his bed. "do you think they're looking for me?" I asked.

"They might be, you were a great asset to them I'm sure." He sat nearby.

I nodded. "they told me I was saving the world." I mumbled looking at my hands.

"Don't beat yourself up, they told me that too." He placed a hand over mine.

I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. "i just don't know what to believe."

"Just listen to your heart, it'll tell you what's right." He said.

"I've killed dozens of apparently innocent people, I don't even think I have a heart." I sighed.

"Of course you do." He looked down at me. "You're nothing like them."

I nodded unsure. "is this weird for you?" I looked up at him.

He caught my gaze and looked away. "is what weird?"

"Talking to a familiar face that doesn't remember you." I said.

He nods. "A bit, but I'm just glad you're okay."

I nodded. "so, where am I staying?" I asked softly.

"You can stay here, I'll sleep in a guest room." He said.

"Are you sure? I don't want to kick you out."

He chuckled. "you're not, I'm offering."

I nodded. "okay, thank you James."

My stomach growled loudly and my eyes widened and I pulled away from James. "I'm so sorry." I blushed.

He smiled, "no worries, I could bring you something to eat if you'd like."

"Could you?" I blushed.

He chuckled. "I'll be back."

I nodded and watched him stand and walk out.

I smiled softly. If he didn't have a metal arm I never would have guessed he was once apart of Hydra. After a few minutes I realized I never told him what I wanted to eat. I hope he doesn't bring me something random. I should be lucky he's feeding me at all. I shake my head and stand walking over to the picture from earlier. I smiled softly. I wish I could be this carefree and happy. It looked like we used to be close friends.

After a while I heard the elevator ding and looked over at the door.

James walked in with a bag and a cup. He smiled and set them on a small table with a single chair.

"Hey." I smiled walking over.

"Hey, I brought you a burger." He smiled.

I bit my lip. "does it have pickles?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "no pickles, or mustard. I know you don't like those. Also I brought you a milkshake since you never really liked soda."

I grinned. "how could you possibly remember all that?" I walked over to the table.

He shrugged. "it's nothing."

"Thank you, James." I smiled and dug in.

--

"Are you sure you're okay sleeping somewhere else?" I asked.

He nods. "I'm sure, please make yourself comfortable."

I nodded. "thank you." I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I really mean it."

He sucked in a breath but slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. "Anything for you Doll."

I smiled softly and pulled away after a moment. "goodnight James."

"Goodnight Liv." He smiled and walked out closing the door on his way out.

I smiled and pulled off my shoes and his sweats. The shirt was large enough so I looked decent. I went to the bathroom to freshen up and walked back out turning off the lights. I crawled into bed and pulled the covers up. I smiled softly. It smelled like him. I stared at the ceiling until I felt myself drift off into a deep sleep.

--

"Bucky!" I giggled. "where are we going?" I walked cautiously with my hands waving around infront of me.

He laughed. "Its a surprise! Now would'ya stop asking doll? "

"Alright, but don't lead me into a tree or somethin'!"  I took calculated steps.

"I would never! Just trust me alright? We're near." He kept his hand on my waist as he led me.

"I do trust you." I smiled and let my hands fall down to my sides.

He led me for a few more seconds until he stopped. "Alright, remove the blind."

I grinned and pulled it off quickly. I grinned placing a hand on my chest over my necklace. "oh! Buck it's perfect!"

I stared down at the beautiful setting. Bucky has set up a checkered blanket with a picnic basket and some food and wine.

"This is so sweet Bucky!" I threw my arms around him.

"Only the best for you Doll." He chuckled, "wine?"

I grinned and kissed him.

--

I gasped sitting up placing my hand on my chest expecting to feel a necklace. I furrowed my brows. I don't own a necklace. I shook my head. That felt so real...

I stood up and decided to go find him. I opened the hallway door and friend seeing him on the floor with his eyes closed. "James? "

He furrowed his brows and I kneeled down placing a hand on his cheek. "Bucky." I whispered softly.

His eyes opened slowly and he frowned. "what's wrong?"

I shook my head. "what are you doing out here?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He said yawning.

"You shouldn't be in the hallway. This is your room." I stood up and offered a hand.

He took it as he stood up, "I know, I just wanted you to be comfortable." He said and glanced down at my outfit, also known as his shirt. He looked away and blushed.

"You can come in, there was something I wanted to ask you." I said softly.

He nodded. "okay, sure." He stepped inside with me.

"So, I had a dream... But it felt real..."

He nodded. "what was it?"

"You and I, we were at a picnic together, And we kissed..." I said softly.

His eyes widened. "oh."

"Was that real? Did that really happen?" I asked.

He looked like he was debating but he nodded. "yes, it was real."

"Why didn't you tell me that you and I, that we.. dated?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I didn't want to make anything weird..." He tucked his hands in his pockets like he does when he's nervous.

"I don't think it's weird.." I stepped closer to him.

"You don't ?" He asked looking down at me.

I shook my head looking up at him. "not at all..."

---
A/N: hey guys! Heres another chapter! I'm trying to get some filler out of the way before the good stuff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 779 36
Avenger James "Bucky" Barnes is fascinated and terrified by his feelings when a new woman enters in to his life, but little does he know he's not new...
3.4K 196 46
After nearly dying on the battlefield, Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes finds he has more in common than he ever expected with the doctor who saved his...
5.7K 171 49
The year was 1941, and the world was at war. Clementine Argent was just about to graduate from nursing school, and she couldn't wait to start her job...
3.8K 98 19
Y/N and Bucky have a complicated relationship. They love each other, but will that love be explored? Will they end up together? #1-buckyxreader 11/5...