2175 C.E.

By jonbrain

In the year 2175, a Hegemony science vessel was detached to an uninhabited exoplanet in orbit of star RN-06 i... More

Prologue
I: RN-06
II: The Swordfish
III: Task Force 6
IV: The Coming of the Black Ship
V: Black Ship Scenarios
VI: The Dark Shape
VII: Patient Olivia Mattingly
VIII: Footprints in the Dark
IX: 4:25 AM
X: Rumors in the Night
XI: The Interrogation Room
XII: The Zaha-Katchem
XIII: Do You Remember the 24th of July?
XIV: Who Are We Now That You've Seen Us?
XV:Captive (Revised)
XVI: Interview with the Telepath
XVII: Who Watches
XVIII: The Terrorists
XIX: Calamity of Calamities
XX: Minutes to Midnight
XXI: Flight of the Black Probe
XXII: The Gathering Storm
XXIII: Iacta Alea Est (The Die is Cast)
XXIV: The Battle of Nova
XXV: The Debrief of Yong An-Hong
XXVI: "The Council of Elrond"
I: The Town of Jimeso is Burning
II: All the Medicine in the World
III: Shifts in the Winds
IV: Comes the Hurricane
V: Aftermaths
VI: Pray to the Stars
VII: Gennady Semyonov
VIII: Rorith
IX: Zakal-Faah
X: Operation ZERO
XI: Welcome to the Homefront
XII: The Awakening
XIII: The Trojan Horse
XIV: The Battle of Earth
XV: The Treaty of Yvar

Part 2

43 11 3
By jonbrain

I have mixed feelings about separating books into distinct "parts." On the one hand, The Lord of the Rings does it, so I can't quite bring myself to hate it. On the other, most of the times that I see it, it's a meaningless distinction done by people who read The Lord of the Rings and wanted to imitate it.

However, in this case, I have decided that this book really does want to be distinct here. Something has imperceptibly shifted in the story's constitution; every character has been pushed, at last, to the breaking point. What follows is the result, the culmination of the unconscious desires of 2175 C.E. I only pray that I am worthy to realize those desires.

To that end, I have chosen to obey the wishes of this story and place a separation here between what you have come to know, Part 1, and the new, Part 2. This part will have to be published much more slowly than the first, since unlike the first, I have very little applicable material for it. I am taking a week long hiatus for now so that I can plan, imagine, and lose myself once again in the writing of Part 2 of 2175 C.E.

I'd like to thank everyone who's been reading and voting, in particular those whom I've noticed, including brianshaber, triciabird, kasross, walterharding, misain, bornfree1980, Soapbarrr, DimitriusChildress, and most recently, dvr99174, as well as many, many others who I haven't mentioned. Thank you everyone, your support means a lot to me.

Thank you again, I hope to see you next week on Tuesday with I: The Town of Jimeso is Burning. Sincerely, the real jonbrain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 277 29
This is book 2 in the No Turning Back trilogy. If you haven't read book 1, read that before reading this. -- Vizor's gone. Everyone spared from his w...
64.5K 2.8K 35
*Book #1 In The Crashing Series* A long time ago, people used to think that Earth would be taken over by aliens. That we would all be destroyed from...
45 0 17
Humanity has long since spread from Earth, colonizing numerous nearby planets, moons, and even neighboring star systems. A united, peaceful expansion...
6.7K 1K 37
❖ Interstellar pilot and ex-adventurer Alex Gallegos must keep their team safe on an icy moon as sentient storms threaten to repeat the tragedy that...