I'm In Love With My Best Frie...

By _TheBibliophile

From strangers to best friends to lovers to best friends to strangers. A punitive realism that’s etched both... More

Prologue
1. Moving Out
2. Cheyenne Middle School
4. What Feelings?
5. Bros Before Hoes
6. Kisses from the Black Market
7. A Part from Then and Now
8. Keeping Up With The Chances
9. God Noodles
10. Grandeza de Escape
11. Stroppy Banters
12. Blame the Genes
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
IWMB Contest 03
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Interview with the characters!
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Epilogue
Thank You's, Author's Note, News (MUST READ)

3. An Unfortunate Mishap (Sort of)

12.5K 137 7
By _TheBibliophile

I stalked grumpily towards the school's refectory, my stomach grumbling loudly, causing me to cringe slightly at the sound of it but then glower at every single thing that appears in my peripheral vision. A lot of people halt from their tracks and tried to stare discreetly at me but I glared at them heatedly, triggering them to scamper away.

People should know by now that I am not a morning person. Tactlessly, a woman who had me in her womb for nine months didn't quite get the memo. I had trouble sleeping last night due to not getting used with the time zone difference. Being splashed by a cold water on my bare face at five in the ungodly morning makes everything ten times worse.

Without a second thought, I walked away before I could murder my own mother and grabbed a banana as I decided to go to school alone. Thus, having a grizzly [Yn] strut towards the coffee machine, unleashing her wrath by scowling at every single specimen who's brave enough to meet her eyes.

Grabbing my strong coffee, I hastily took a sip of it, feeling a bit relax. I could still feel some curious eyes staring at me but I chose to ignore them, my eyes fixated at the cup of life saver on my hands. I took my banana and started peeling it.

A sudden malevolent thought strike me. I have never actually seen someone slip and slide due to a banana peel in real life. Shrugging, I dropped the peel on the floor and hoped for the best.

What happens next is something I was not quite expecting. As if I was pulled out from a cliché film, I bumped onto someone, causing my coffee to spill all over the ill-fated person.

"Shit!" He exclaimed, fanning his varsity shirt frantically to somehow cool down the excruciating burn. I looked up and gasped to see my seatmate from yesterday. Alas, this time he was not smiling. His face was beet red from frustration as he stared down at me.

I opened and close my mouth like a fish desperately trying to gasp for air. Just as I was about to speak, there was a sudden girly squeal and a girl appeared right beside the guy. She stared in horror at the mess I created and then gave me a stony glare.

Honestly, I am not intimidated by her desperate attempt to scare the wits out of me. As if knowing that she's not doing well, she rolled her eyes and turn her attention back to the guy. "Oh my gosh! What the hell happened? This is a whole lot of trouble! Lauren will be so furious!"

The guy froze, his eyes widening at the mention of the name 'Lauren'. I instinctively imagined punching this Lauren girl. "No! Don't do that, Katy. I-I'm fine."

"You are fine?!" She screeched painfully, I swear almost all of the students covered their ears. She acknowledge my presence again, giving me a vicious sneer. I noticed that she is wearing the same outfit as Keisha so they might be on a same club or something. I can't see Keisha as a cheerleader but then, she sort of suits the role. "You! You have done this on purpose, haven't you?!"

I snapped back from whatever dimension of thoughts I was in and gave her a mischievous smile. "Why, no. Why would I do that?" I blinked innocently, clasping my chest theatrically.

"Liar—" She was cut off by the guy elbowing her lightly. Her eyes widened at the little deed but fortuitously pursed her lips shut.

"I am truly sorry, um," I started, "I wasn't looking my way and I didn't mean it."

For a moment, I thought it was the end of everything. Closing my eyes, I await for the throbbing blow or smack but as the seconds tick by, I felt nothing. Opening my eyes warily, I flashed a confuse look at the guy.

His jaw was clenched but at least he was not glaring at me anymore. I don't know what it is but it gave me a sense of relief. "It's...alright." The girl was about to protest about his quick acceptance but he shut her up with a look. I admit, I am bewildered and shock as well. I perceived him as the typical jock who'll push someone up the locker and threatening him/her that he'll make his/her life a living hell from now on, but boy, was I wrong. "Really, it's okay. Uh, I still have an extra shirt in my locker. Watch where you are going next time."

My head bobbed up and down at its own accord. I glance at the girl as she screamed at the guy, telling him that Lauren will definitely hear about this little incident. She shoved pass me and then the students started laughing. At first, I panicked, thinking that they might be laughing at me but when I turn around, I saw the girl on the floor, the banana peel just inches away from her six-inch heels.

My diabolical plan worked and I can't help but to giggle at the sight in front of me. I look back at the guy but he had a sympathetic frown etched on his gorgeous face. I scowled at his angelic personality and walked my way out of the mayhem I had just caused.

***

My eyes widened when I saw two people coming towards my way. Groaning, I turn around and walk the other way around. Inopportunely, they didn't get my message and dragged me towards a secluded corner.

"Oh gracious goodness! I heard about the mishap!" Keisha practically yelled in exhilaration. Her eyes were livelier than usual. She was tapping her right foot, a sign that she's agitated and thrilled. "Well, you know how rumors can spread like a wildfire. Cheyenne Middle School is never an exception. Did you really punch Katy Williams?"

My jaws slack at the morbid information. "I did not!"

Both girls exchanged looks and shrugged.

"Did Greyson Chance strip off?!" Keisha wonders, literally squealing and jumping on her spot. Angela rolled her eyes but waited for me to answer the rash interrogation. "Does he have abs? Oh my gosh, how many is it? Six? Eight? Come on, girl. Share the juicy information."

I sighed. "Nine pack."

At hearing the 'juicy information', Keisha fangirled. She was fanning herself hysterically with her hands, sporadically smacking Angela, and jumping. Lots of jumping. Poor Angela.

"Keisha, she was being satirical." Angela pipes up. "It is scientifically confirmed to be impossible for a person of the opposite sex to produce nine abdominal muscles. If we are going to comprise Math and my favorite subject—Common Sense—in the equation, then I can infer that [Yn] right here is lying. It would be uneven to have nine abs, don't you think?"

Now I am alarmed yet stunned at this little woman in front of me. It is clear that she's brainy but sometimes, her wit can scare people away. I am beginning to like Angela as a friend.

"Whatever." Keisha huffed. "Well, enough with the fake rumors. You have to tell us the full details, [Yn]-Whatever-Your-Family-Name-Is. It is mandatory."

"Why do I need to tell you though?"

"Because we're friends." says Keisha.

"Actually, it is in contradiction of the law to force someone out of something unless you have the authorized license to do so. Subsequently, you are free not to tell us anything at all." added Angela. Keisha glowered at her, causing Angela to shrug innocently at her.

"We're your best friends, [Yn]." Keisha spoke again. I raised my brows in question. "I mean, we want you to be. Also, we'd rather hear the story from you. Ya dig?"

I shook my head and laughed. "Alright, I'll tell you."

"Let's go to the soccer field though. I need a fresh air." Angela said, as we walk down towards the field, both of them listening at me as I launch on my diabolical tale.

***

"And, that's what actually happened." I finished, my throat feeling raw from all the talking. Both girls were very attentive when I started talking and I honestly enjoyed their company. Keisha, visibly, cuts me from my story from time to time to squeal. Angela, though the polar opposite of Keisha, managed to cut me off too as she blurt out the science behind banana peel and why people slip and slide from it. "Also, no, Greyson did not strip off his clothes. But he was kinda tensed when they mentioned the name 'Lauren'."

Angela nodded in grave understanding whilst Keisha gasped excessively. She stared at me in horror and then proceeded to chew her nails. I asked them what's wrong but Angela was too busy telling Keisha to stop biting her nails and to stay calm.

I scan my eyes around the field and my gaze stop at a certain someone. Greyson was the only one in his team that's not wearing his varsity shirt. He was wearing a plain white shirt (which looks hot in him, by the way), but the guilt is still in the pit of my stomach and it makes me mad how I can't do anything about it.

"Seriously, Keisha." Angela reproaches. "Stop biting your nails."

"I can't! I am stressed out!"

"Your nails are an ideal location for bacteria to thrive, and that includes potentially pathogenic bacteria like salmonella and E. coli—which would love to call the underside of your nail tips home, by the way,—" Angela retorted, her doctor mode activated.

"It is true, Keisha." I commented. "As you bite your nails, those bacteria easily transfer into your mouth and the rest of your body, where they may lead to infections."

Angela nod her head profusely, giving Keisha a stern look. "Your fingernails may actually be twice as dirty as your fingers, considering they're difficult to keep clean, making this a prime point to transfer infectious organisms."

Keisha groaned, but fortunately decided to drop her hands. "Alright, mom and dad. I just can't help it."

"It's going to be okay." Angela consoled her. "She has onychophagia." She addresses me, filling me in with the new information.

"What are you stressed about anyway?" I asked curiously. "I hope you don't mind me asking that."

"It's just...Lauren." Angela choked out.

I raised my brows in surprise. What's with this Lauren chick and why does half of the school look like it's going to flip whenever someone mentions her name. This is like Voldemort all over again.

"Yeah, she-who-must-not-be-named." I rolled my eyes impatiently. "What's up with her? Why do y'all's blood drain out whenever someone mentions her name? Even Greyson Chance, which you said, is a pretty famous guy."

Keisha cackled like a madman. I am starting to doubt if the bacteria efficaciously entered her immune system and somehow fared to move their way up her brain to ruin her sanity. "Oh, dear. It's because Lauren is a queen beach." Okay, she actually said the word that rhymes with 'beach', but I can't say it yet since I just had my confession. "Also, she's Greyson's girlfriend."

I choked at what she said. I am not kidding. I accidentally choked on my own spit. My lungs were failing me, and I am pretty sure that my tears are welling up in my eyes. Both of the girls were freaking out beside me but when I calmed down, I scan through the crowd once again and saw Greyson sitting on the bench. He was holding a book on his lap and I can't help but to stare for a little while.

"[Yn], are you alright?" Angela snapped me out from my trance.

I blinked and looked away from Greyson. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
451 177 177
It's been A peaceful few years Since Henry Came back to town and stopped mother gothel and now. a New evil is On the rise meanwhile in Another versio...
675K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
626K 38.2K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...