Akane Kuran: The Unwanted [Va...

By itschayse

I was the unwanted one. The one that my family just wanted to throw away. The monster, the one they all hated... More

Chapter One: Betrayal
Chapter Two: Friend
Chapter Three: Happy Birthday
Chapter Four: The Gift
Chapter Five: Punishment
Chapter Six: The Kiss
Chapter Seven: True Feelings
Chapter Eight: The Lost Hunter
Chapter Nine: New Friend
FlashAquarius (I had to... ._.)
Chapter Ten: Roommates
Chapter Eleven: The Secret
Chapter Twelve: Outside
Chapter Thirteen: Pain
Chapter Fourteen: Scandal
Chapter Fifteen: Kuran
Chapter Sixteen: Vampire
Chapter Seventeen: Goodbye
Intermission
Chapter Eighteen: Guard
Chapter Nineteen: Cross Academy
Chapter Twenty: The Talk
Chapter Twenty-One: Common Hatred
**Random Question**
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Voice
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rendezvous
Chapter Twenty-Four: Bickering in the Sunlight
Chapter Twenty-Five: Truth
Chapter Twenty-Six: Hunger
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Fang of Repentance
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Concern
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Protection
Chapter Thirty: St. Chocolatle's Day
Chapter Thirty-One: Birthday Party
Chapter Thirty-Two: Happy Memory
Chapter Thirty-Three: Son
Chapter Thirty-Four: New Student
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interogation
Chapter Thirty-Six: Bloodlust
Authors Note
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Date
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Confession
Soar
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Town
Chapter Forty: Little Boy
Chapter Forty-One: Mind Games
Chapter Forty-Two: Terror
Chapter Forty-Three: Him
Crimson Heart [Vampire Knight Fan-Fic]
Chapter Forty-Four: Peak
Chapter Forty-Five: Control
Chapter Forty-Six: Secrets Revealed
Chapter Forty-Seven: Arrival
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Dance
Chapter Forty-Nine: Twin
Chapter Fifty: Shizuka
Chapter Fifty-One: Princess
Chapter Fifty-Two: Friend
Chapter Fifty-Three: Horrid Remembrance
Chapter Fifty-Four: Challenges
Chapter Fifty-Five: Nightmare
Chapter Fifty-Six: Wake-Up Call
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Precious
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Shi-chan
Hello! (Q&A?)
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Weak
Chapter Sixty: Surprise
Chapter Sixty-One: Sacrifice
Chapter Sixty-Two: Nightmare
Chapter Sixty-Three: Worthless
Chapter Sixty-Four: Fear
Chapter Sixty-Five: Revenge
Chapter Sixty-Six: Goodbye (Pt. 1)
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Goodbye (Pt. 2)
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Lies
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Submit
Q&A
Chapter Seventy: Mission
Chapter Seventy-One: Help
Chapter Seventy-Two: Enough
A/N: Editing?
Chapter Seventy-Three: I'm Here
Chapter Seventy-Five: Pathetic
• Sincerely, Akane •
Chapter Seventy-Six: Goodbye
Chapter Seventy-Seven: Patience
Chapter Seventy-Eight: Save

Chapter Seventy-Four: Favor

1K 33 2
By itschayse

Yuuki and I stayed in each other's embrace for what seemed like forever. I didn't want to let her go but she was the first to break the hug, looking away from me nervously moments later.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She looked up at me. "I should be asking you that, onee-chan. How are you feeling?"

Now it was my turn to avert my gaze. "I feel....fine. Don't worry about me."

"You gave me a scare...." Yuuki cupped my hands into hers. "Please don't do that again."

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I won't."

My sister smiled. "Good."

We both stayed silent for a few moments. I didn't know what to say to her, yet I found myself speaking without realizing it.

"I'm sorry, Yuuki."

She looked up at me with wide eyes. "For what—"

I stood up abruptly. "For treating you like garbage these last few weeks. I-I just didn't know what to do. We grew so close and then I found out you were my sibling and I-I—"

Yuuki rose to her feet as well. "I understand, Akane. What matters now is the we can grow close as sisters."

She rested her head against mine and giggled slightly under her breath. I smiled.

"I should be getting back to the Moon Dorms before Kaname realizes I'm gone," Yuuki mumbled. "Do you want to head back with me?"

I nodded. "Of course."

We began to walk back to the dormitories hand-in-hand. For some strange reason, I felt like I was being watched.

Senri's POV

The air was cold. It was nighttime and it seemed as though I was walking through the town yet again. I knew that I would witness the same thing I have for what seemed like forever now.

It was beginning to grow unbearable.

There was no one around, or so I thought. I heard a scream.

"Senri!"

Just hearing her yell my name brought me on the verge of tears. I knew exactly what was coming.

What's worse is that I couldn't use my ability.

I never could.

The smell of blood would fill the air seconds later.

I would always become paralyzed as I witnessed a rope of blood pierce her body, going straight through her heart. A look of horror would wash over her face.

As she collapsed on the ground a figure would stand behind her with an evil grin plastered on his face. Moments later he'd always disappear in the blink of an eye.

I knew exactly who it was. I wanted to kill him but I couldn't. I couldn't harm him in this state. All I could do was watch and suffer in the process.

I'd rush to her side and pick up her limp body; cradling her close as I felt her warmth fading.

"Akane, please...."

She would smile as she caressed my cheek as my tears fell on top of hers.

"I'm sorry I was never strong enough, Ri-chan...." In that moment she'd cough and a line of blood would flow from her bottom lip to her chin. "I will always love you."

I'd hug her tightly before moments later I would find my arms only wrapped around myself.

I knew it wasn't true. I knew Akane wasn't dying in my arms yet every time I saw her turn to ash it'd only feel more real.

Curse you, Rido.

I needed to escape. I needed to protect her. Who knows what she must be going through, seeing me but knowing it's Rido.

I wouldn't let him hurt her.

....but what can I do? I was stuck in this never ending nightmare of seeing the one I love most perish before my eyes time and time again.

This nightmare wouldn't become reality.

Would it?

Akane's POV

When I got back to my dorm I shut the door behind me and instantly smiled. I never thought I could be this happy about my sister. I never even thought I'd be able to love her so much.

I wanted a sister and now I had one. It made me happy. It even made me happy knowing that even when I'm going through this dark time she'd be there for me. Even though she was just awakened and is seeing her life through new eyes.

"What are you so giddy about, Akane?"

Arms suddenly wrapped around me from behind. I hissed under my breath which made the figure chuckle.

"Let go of me, Rido."

"Where oh where did this confidence come from?" he asked as he released his grip on me. "You do know who you are talking to, right?"

I looked away. "What do you want?"

"Why do you think I always want something from you, hm?"

I glared at him out of the corner of my eye.

He frowned. "You're no fun."

In the blink of an eye, Rido had me in an arm lock. Whenever I'd move, he'd only make it tighter.

"I won't say you're wrong, Akane." I felt his breath on my neck. "There is so much I want from you."

"Stop toying with me—" Rido bent my arm further, causing a piercing pain to travel up my body and making me silent.

"That's more like it," he cooed. "You need to learn your place, my dearest Akane. Don't go thinking that just because you have someone there for you that you have power."

I stayed silent after that. If I overstepped my boundary, who knows what he would do to Senri. Who was I kidding? Yuuki wouldn't be able to help me out of this scenario.

"This whole time I've hardly been able to control myself...." His voice trailed off as he licked my neck. "A little bite wouldn't hurt, would it? I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I take some in this body...."

I wanted to struggle but if I resisted anymore I was sure my arm would break. Rido chuckled.

"Good girl."

I prepared myself for the pain I would experience but it never came. I could feel his warm breath on my neck and I flinched, yet nothing pierced my skin.

"Haha...." His voice trailed off as he forcefully pushed me away, making me fall on the floor. "I'm such a fool. The smell of your bood would heighten the senses of the whole Night Class, even Kaname."

He walked over to me and bent down before perking my chin up. "I'll just have to award myself more after you help me."

Help...?

"You want to save Senri, don't you?" he asked with a sly smile. "All you need to do is do a little favor for me."

What—

"I'm in a bit of a pickle you see. It's been ten years and my body still isn't fully healed from the wound my no good brother gave me...." He bent down and whispered in my ear. "The time has come for me to be reunited with my love, so I need you to awaken me."

My eyes widened. I needed to awaken Rido....I could never do that! I could never awaken a monster!

What would happen to Senri if you decline?

I—I—don't....

I thought of what he just said for a moment, even the words he used.

"Love...?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Your sister, the reincarnation of my one and only. I just can't let her slip through my fingers. The time is now, Akane."

The word "love" that he used.... He didn't know the true meaning of it. He didn't really care about her. He only cared about her blood, and he'd use her as a pawn. All he'd do is hurt her....

He'd hurt my sister.

Just like he hurt me.

I gritted my teeth.

"I won't let you—" A rope of blood wrapped tightly around my throat, making me fall to my knees and gag.

"You're in no condition to negotiate," he hissed before his devious grin returned. "I'll let you think about what to do for tonight. I'm feeling that generous."

Rido released his grip on me and I began to breathe heavily. He began to walk past me but paused.

"Oh, Akane," he hummed. "What ever will you do? Will you save your father or let your beloved die?"

Once Rido left it took me a moment to possess what he said. My eyes widened.

Father...?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.9K 19
The Tsukumo family was a powerful and kind pureblood family. The two parents had a daughter, who inherited a great amount of power, that was sealed i...
1K 12 17
You are the youngest Kuran of the three. You were always the mistreated one bc no one needed you. They focused on Yuki and Kaname. Will you get your...
22.4K 912 52
"Are you lost little girl........i want your blood" the vampire then pushed my sister and went to attack her. she screamed "noo don't". she was so l...
5.8K 417 75
Akara?' '...' 'Akara, answer me,' Zero said, anger rising in his voice. I looked down at Zero, his set jaw and firm eyes saying all that was needed...