Get Demoted Into Cannon Fodder

By B1ackDiA

In other novels, the plot got messed up because of other people while Shi Shen, the male protagonist messed h... More

Prologue
Arc 1.1
Arc 1.2
Arc 1.3
Arc 1.4
Arc 1.5
Arc 1.6
Arc 1.8
Arc 1.9
Arc 1.10
Arc 1.11
Arc 1.12
Arc 1.13
Arc 1.14
Arc 1.15
Arc 1.16
Arc 1.17
Arc 1.18
Arc 2.1
Arc 2.2
Arc 2.3
Arc 2.4
Arc 2.5
Arc 2.6
Arc 2.7
Arc 2.8
Arc 2.9
Arc 2.10
Arc 2
Arc 2.11
Arc 2.12
Arc 2.13
Arc 2.14
Arc 3.1
Arc 3.2
Arc 3.3
Arc 3.4
Arc 3.5
Arc 3.6
Arc 3.7
Arc 3.8
Arc 3.9
Arc 3.10
Arc 3.11
Arc 3.12
Arc 3.13
Arc 3.14
Arc 3.15
Arc 3.16
Arc 3.17
Arc 4.1
Arc 4.2
Arc 4.3
Arc 4.4
Arc 4.5
Arc 4.6
Arc 4.7
Arc 4.8
Arc 4.9
Arc 4.10
Arc 4.11
Arc 4.12
Arc 4.13
Arc 4.14
Arc 4.15
Arc 4.16
Arc 4.17
Arc 4.18
Arc 4.19
Arc 4.20
Arc 4.21
Hidden Scenes
Arc 5.1
Arc 5.2
Arc 5.3

Arc 1.7

33.3K 1.8K 580
By B1ackDiA

No matter how beautiful Lin Yue was he was still paled in comparison to the female lead who looked to be out of this world.

She was a bit shorter than Lin Yue, had snow-white skin, waist-length wavy black hair, a pair of almond-shaped eyes and oval face she would undoubtedly become a stunning beauty once she has matured.

Shi Shen could understand why in the original storyline the female lead caught the male lead’s eyes but to him, she looked normal just like others, not worthy of his interest.

Even if the female lead has appeared, Shi Shen still continued with his act as he gave a light chuckled then unhurriedly said,” You really have a problem with your ear, Ji Lin. Or it might be because you are actually a foreigner that’s why you cannot understand Chinese?”

Hearing this Yan Ming slightly frown as she spoke instead of waiting for Ji Lin to retort back,” Lin Yue, aren't you too much? Why are you bullying a girl like this?”

In return, Shi Shen sneered,” Bullying? Without me telling you, you have already known who is in the wrong right?”

There was no way, she didn't know what kind of people she was hanging around with.

As expected, Yan Ming was a bit startled since she didn't expect Shi Shen to attack her instead of arguing with her like usual making a fool out of himself.

If his statement really was true, that’s mean she knew that Ji Lin was in the wrong but still protected her.

Although it was not much but her good reputation will get strained so she cannot let him have his way!

Nonetheless, she was quite good at controlling her emotions thus on her face there was only pure confusion.

“ I only believe what I see with my own eyes. If you don't accept that you were in the wrong then bring a witness out.”

A few people also happily chirped in,” That’s right! Lin Yue, you should have someone to back up your story ah! For me, it was clear as day that you were to one who started picking a fight with Ji Lin!”

“That’s right! Don't just openly lie through your teeth just like this. You are not embarrassed but I am!”

Meanwhile, Yan Ming inwardly sneered, she knew that even if Lin Yue was right no one would bother to come out to defend him thus he has automatically become the one who was at fault.

Others also had the same thought as her so they inwardly laughed at his stupidity at courting death.

Just wait until no one bothered to come out to be his witness it would be a really good sight.

But to their surprise, Shi Shen’s smile didn't even falter one bit as he lightly said,” Of course, I have a witness…” He then trailed off his sentence as he swept his eyes across the room and when the others thought that he couldn't find anyone suitable Shi Shen continued with mirth filled in his eyes,” Nothing is more reliable than security cameras right? I see it that they haven't removed them even the final exams has already ended.”

Right after his sentence fell, Yan Ming’s face suddenly went rigid as she completely forgot about this point.

The staffs should have removed them by now, right? He was just bluffing-

But when she saw his confident looks, she knew that she could not gamble on this matter.

If it were true, what face is she going to have after that!

Shi Shen saw through her struggle so his smile deepened. He didn't leave a room for her to relax as he stood up and lightly said,” Come on, why don't we go and check? Didn't you say that you only believe what you see with your own eyes?”

His voice finally snapped Yan Ming back to her senses thus she quickly turned her head to look at Ji Lin with a questioning look on her face,” Lin er, was it really your fault?”

Hearing this question, Ji Lin wanted to deny at all cost but when she saw Yan Ming’s scary eyes she suddenly stuttered,” I-I..!”

Seeing this she ‘realized’ that Ji Lin was indeed in the wrong so she gave her a disapproving look,” Even though Lin Yue is a bit different from us you shouldn't do this to him! Now, apologize!”

Knowing that there was no way out for her, Ji Lin gritted her teeth while giving Shi Shen a glare she spat out her apology,” I’m sorry!”

Immediately right after she said this, Yan Ming put on a gentle smile as she softly spoke to Shi Shen,” Lin Yue, Ji Lin has already apologized so how about you let this matter go?”

With a raised brow, Shi Shen scoffed,” Is that the face of someone who knows her wrong?”

One of her minions that got embarrassed by Shi Shen a while ago roared,” Lin Yue, don't be too full of yourself! You are nothing here! No one will even care whether you disappear the next day!”

“Hoh? Is this an attempted murder? I can sue you, you know? So stop being such a jumping clown because I feel dizzy seeing you jumping around here and there.”

That person’s face instantly went red which like he was about to erupt any time soon but Shi Shen immediately cut in before he could say anything else,” I'm worried that I will have indigestion if I continue to talk to you guys, so I will let it go this one last time.”

Don't know whether it was intentional or not but when Shi Shen spoke his last sentence his line of sight suddenly landed on Yan Ming which caused her smile to froze.

Somehow, she felt like he has seen through her fake facade.

Not long after, the bell rang so everyone finally went back to their seat as the teacher walked into the room.

Only when he was inside the classroom did he perceive that the atmosphere was a bit wrong but he still proceeded to check the attendance.

When it was Lin Yue’s turn he was shocked by his new appearance that he went silent for a bit then he resumed his composure and continued on with his teaching.

Other teachers also reacted like this and didn’t say anything until the fourth period which was the math subject taught by Chi Cheng did he ask Shi Shen to stand up.

“Finally becoming a normal human being?”

To his reply, Shi Shen just stared at him without saying anything so Chi Cheng suddenly scolded him,” I'm asking you so reply back!”

Those who got embarrassed by Shi Shen this morning hide their smiles since they knew that a good show was going to happen soon.

Although, he got away this morning this time he was doomed for sure.

Meanwhile, Shi Shen calmly replied,“ I don't think my previous get-up was outrageous. What’s more is that in this school, there is no rule that prevents me from dying my hair and wear makeup.”

Chi Cheng was genuinely surprised because if it was on a normal day, Lin Yue would only grit his teeth and not retort back fearing that the school would tell the Nian family thus he always lashed his anger on him.

Being a teacher in this school although it sounded awesome when in fact he didn’t really have a high authority to educate these rich young masters and young misses. He always needed to cater to them in case he angered them.

But Lin Yue was a different case. Although he studied here, everybody knew that he was just an orphan who got picked up by the Nian family thanks to his deceased parents which used to be Nian couple’s close friends.

At first, they did not dare to make thing difficult of him in fear for angering Nian Qing and Qin Yifeng but when some students insulted him and saw that nothing happened in the next day they finally knew that Nian couple didn’t actually care for him thus they stopped being careful around him.

Therefore, Chi Cheng was enraged by Shi Shen’s statement that he loudly reprimanded him,’’ How dare you talk back to your teacher?! What’s a disrespectful brat. A homosexual like you was nothing but an immoral kid, a disgraceful existence to the society!’’

Shi Shen’s expression remained the same, there was no trace of anger or fear on his face. He calmly reasoned,’’ I talked because you told me to and I spoke formally toward you so you cannot accuse me of being disrespectful. What’s more, is that a teacher’s duty is to enlighten and guide the students to the right path not concentrating on berating their faults. Homosexuals have not done anything wrong so it is a false accusation to say that they are immoral and a disgraceful existence.’’ He suddenly paused then it seemed as if a realization just hit him in which he innocently asked,’’ Or perhaps, did they burn your house?’’

Chi Chen was enraged to point that he lost his composure as a teacher,’’ Go out and stand in the hall until the last period! From now on, don’t enter my class!’’

With this threat, everyone thought that Shi Shen would become panic and beg Chi Chen for forgiveness.

But to their surprise, Shi Shen just calmly packed his books then swung his backpack across his right shoulder then calmly walked out with a serene expression on his face.

Everyone:”......’’Seriously, what’s wrong with him?

Shi Shen didn’t care whether he was banned from the class or not because Chi Cheng didn’t have the right to especially if the school was to investigate their argument today, they could not fault with him because the one who lost his composure was Chi Cheng not him.

Therefore, Shi Shen calmly stood in the hall feeling extremely relaxing, unlike a certain big brother who was enraged enough to blow up the entire school once he heard his subordinate’s report right after he came out of the meeting.

He was worried about his little brother’s safety at school thus he planted someone to watch over him in secret.

His father just came back to the company today so he had a lot of things to discuss with him so by the time he heard this it was already time for his little brother to leave the school.

While riding in the car to pick Lin Yue up from the school, Qichen made a call to someone.

Immediately right after the call has connected, the other person quickly picked up and respectfully greeted him,’’ Good afternoon, young master Nian. How may I help you?’’

Qichen’s expression was calm and he even had a smile on his handsome face but his tone was so cold that the other person instantly become tense once he heard his voice.

‘’ Mr.principal...I think we need to discuss something concerning your management.’’

Qichen’s two bodyguards who heard this knew right away that this principal would eat a really big loss this time since evidently, their boss's face looked like he was prepared to kill someone at any seconds now.

I will kindly lit a candle for you, poor soul.

Oblivious to everything that was happening on the other side, Shi Shen just steadily walked toward the gate after standing there for several hours straight.

His legs were sore so he could not walk normally but since he did not want the chauffeur to wait for him he immediately came out right after the class ended.

There were a lot of people gathered at the school gate which was different from usual. Shi Shen has not reached the crowd yet when he overheard some girls’ conversation.

‘’ Kyaa! Young master Nian is here! I got a peek at him and he is even more handsome in real life!’’

‘’ Seriously?! He is here?! But why?’’

‘’ Well, it seems like he is waiting for someone.’’

‘’Wait! Don’t tell me it is his girlfriend?!’’

‘’ No way!’’

Shi Shen didn’t feel surprised once he heard that the male lead was here, he only asked He Tian,’’ Is Yan Ming here?’’

He Tian immediately replied,’’ She is drooling over your big brother’s handsomeness.’’

He has already anticipated this since Nian Qichen would definitely come and pick him up despite his busy schedule and the man would not dare to let him wait either so he would arrive early and wait for him.

As for Yan Ming, just by meeting her this morning he knew that she would not ignore a big fish like Nian Qichen and directly walked away.

By letting a high schooler girl, Yan Ming met the cool and handsome older man, Nian Qichen there was no way she wouldn’t fall for Nian Qichen.

He didn’t care who fell for who first as long as these two got together was all that matter to him.

Even though he kind of pity Nian Qichen for getting a black lotus woman like Yan Ming as his wife, this was his work after all so there was nothing he could do.

His phone suddenly vibrated finally pulled him out of his thoughts.

He gently raised an eyebrow once he saw that it was Nian Qichen who called him.

‘’Hello.’’

‘’ Where are you? I’m at the school gate or are you still inside the building if so I will co-’’

‘’ I’m near the entrance but due to your high popularity there is human  traffic so I cannot get out.’’

‘’ Wait there, I will go in then.’’

Shi Shen hasn’t had the chance to refuse yet when there was a loud squeal as he saw the crowd slowly parted and not long after he saw Nian Qichen’s tall and handsome figure walked out.

‘’Isn’t this a bit exaggerated? He is not even a celebrity.’’

He Tian calmly replied,’’ Honestly speaking, he is the most popular person in this world so it is not exaggerated.’’

Shi Shen tacitly agreed with him thus he resumed a shock expression once he saw Nian Qichen walked out and was about to hide when he was a tad bit slower than the male lead who has spotted him from afar and immediately hurriedly walked over with a doting smile on his face as he called out,’’ So you are here, Yue’er!’’

Shi Shen almost tripped and fell once he heard what Nian Qichen has just called him so there was no need to talk about others. Their jaws have already dropped to the ground.

Ignoring others’ bewilderment expressions, Qichen has already arrived in front of Shi Shen in which he naturally reached out his right hand to ruffle the boy’s hair then talked in a gentle tone,’’ Let’s go! Mother and father are waiting for you at home to give their souvenirs to you. Also, lend me your backpack, I will carry it for you.’’

After staying petrified for half a day did the boy finally reacted by shaking his head,’’ N-No need to! I can carry it by my-’’

‘’ Give it to me or do you want me to carry you instead?’’

The boy immediately went silent as he hurriedly gave his backpack to the older man and hurriedly walked away but staggered due to his sore legs.

Qichen saw this and his eyes immediately darken as a dangerous glint flashed through his eyes but it quickly disappeared as he resumed his gentle looks while asked the boy in a puzzled tone,’’ Did you hurt your legs?’’

The boy quickly replied,’’ No, they are just a bit sore. Let’s go.’’

After walking pass by the crowd and entered the car, Shi Shen said in a dissatisfied tone,’’ Don’t come to pick me up anymore.’’

‘’ Why?’’

The boy immediately turned his head to look at the older man,’’ There is no need to do so I know that you are busy.’’

In return, Qichen casually replied,’’ Then I will come whenever I have free time.’’

‘’You!’’

‘’ You don’t know how happy my father was when he heard that I came to pick you up so it’s decided that I will drop you off and pick you up from your school. By the way, how’s your school?’’ Qichen tried to talk as normal as he could in order not to let the boy found out that he had already known what happened today.

This was the reason why he decided not to charge into the school to look for him.

He wanted the boy to directly complain to him, himself.

To his disappointment, the boy only paused for a bit then answered in his usual tone,’’ It’s fine. Nothing new happened.’’

Qichen only stared at him without blinking then he reconfirmed in a serious tone,’’ Really?’’

In return, Shi Shen softly hummed thus Qichen added,’’ You know that we are your family, right? We are on your side.’’

The boy suddenly went silent then he said,’’ I’m already grateful toward uncle and aunt who give me a place to stay and money to spend. They even protect my inheritance from those relatives of mine so I cannot ask for more. The fact that you treat me nicely these days is enough that’s why it is unnecessary to pay more attention to me.’’

Qichen’s eyes suddenly went dim as he heard this.

He still draws a line between both of them.

****

The author has something to say:

How Nian Qichen addressed Lin Yue inside his head:

Day 1: Damn Kid!

Day 4: Lin Yue.

Day 5: The boy/youth.

Not long after: His little brother.

Presently: Yue er~

Shi Shen:’’......’’ I suddenly don’t want to know the next one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.4K 164
Chu Mu Yun relied on his story of 《Demon Realm》 to become a one-hit-wonder in JJWXC, but he never expected that he, after writing out seven mental ca...
114K 5.9K 99
Cheng Zhi Chu was pulled into an infinite stream of horror games. If he didn't clear them, he would die. But can someone tell him why others clear th...
32.4K 954 18
Being born as an Ubuyashiki is not easy, girls should marry before the age of 13 and boys usually inherit the family curse being passed down from gen...
1.5M 82.5K 82
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...