.Rise And Fall.

By takenbyshawnbut_

Highest ranking: #1 in Rise. #1 in Fall. #1 in... More

.Rise And Fall.
.Rise and Fall. (1)
.Rise and Fall. (2)
.Rise and Fall. (3)
.Rise and Fall. (4)
.Rise and Fall. (5)
.Rise and Fall. (6)
.Rise and Fall. (7)
.Rise and Fall. (8)
.Rise and Fall. (9)
.Rise and Fall. (10)
.Rise and Fall. (11)
.Rise and Fall. (12)
.Rise and Fall. (13)
.Rise and Fall. (14)
.Rise and Fall. (15)
.Rise and Fall. (16)
.Rise and Fall. (17)
.Author's Note And Cast.
.Rise and Fall. (18)
.Rise and Fall. (19)
.Rise and Fall. (20)
.Rise and Fall. (21)
.Rise and Fall. (22)
.Rise and Fall. (23)
.Rise and fall. (24)
.Rise and Fall. (25)
.Rise and Fall. (26)
.Rise and Fall. (27)
.Rise and Fall. (28)
.Rise and Fall. (29)
.Rise and Fall. (30)
.Rise and Fall. (31)
.Rise and Fall. (32)
.Rise and Fall. (33)
.Rise and Fall. (34)
.Rise and Fall. (35)
.Rise and Fall. (36)
.Rise and Fall. (37)
.Rise and Fall. (38)
.Rise and Fall. (39)
.Rise and Fall. (40)
.Rise and Fall. (41)
.Rise and Fall. (42)
.Rise and Fall. (43)
.Rise and Fall. (44)
.Rise and Fall. (45)
.Rise and Fall. (46)
.Rise and Fall. (47)
.Rise and Fall. (48)
.Rise and Fall. (49)
.Rise and Fall. (50)
.Rise and Fall. (51)
.Rise and Fall. (52)
.Rise and Fall. (53)
.Rise and Fall. (54)
.Rise and Fall. (55)
.Rise and Fall. (56)
.Rise and Fall. (57)
.Rise and Fall. (58)
.Rise and Fall. (59)
.Rise and Fall. (60)
.Rise and Fall. (61)
.Rise and Fall. (62)
.Rise and Fall. (63)
.Rise and Fall. (64)
.Rise and Fall. (65)
.Rise and Fall. (66)
.Rise and Fall. (67)
.Rise and Fall. (68)
.Rise and Fall. (70)
.Rise and Fall. (71)
.Rise and Fall. (72)
.Rise and Fall. (73)
.Rise and Fall. (74)
.Rise and Fall. (75)
.Rise and Fall. (76)
.Rise and Fall. (77)
.Rise and Fall. (78)
.Rise and Fall. (79)
.Rise and Fall. (80)
.Bonus Chapter.
.Bonus Chapter.
.Epilogue.

.Rise and Fall. (69)

16.2K 592 65
By takenbyshawnbut_

I'm not try'na start a fire, with this flame
But I'm worried that your heart might feel the same
And I have to be honest with you baby
Tell me If I'm wrong, and this is crazy
But I got you this rose
And I need to know
Will you let it die or let it grow?

~Shawn Mendes.
....

|Chapter: 69|

"Remind me again, why are we doing this?", I asked irritatedly.

He lowly chuckled. "Don't you trust me Rena?", he fake pouted. I could've kissed that face for hours, that's how adorable he looked through the faint street light. I turned fully to face him with my hands on my hips trying to look intimidating.

"I do. But I'm not doing this", I said pointing to the only flower shop open at this late hours.

"I want to get you flowers. I know how much you love them", he said standing straight now. We were standing in a corner of a street, hiding in the dark. Why hiding? Oh well, we went to buy some flowers after he insisted he wants to and we didn't see the worst thing coming. He forgot his dang wallet in the truck!

"We can go, bring your wallet and buy. We don't have to steal it", I angrily said folding my arms. Yes right, he wants me to distract the grumpy shopkeeper lady while he sneaks and get it. That's illegal!

"Now where is the fun in that..", he smirked. "I'm a very lazy person Rena, I'd rather steal it than go, again come back and deal with the lady who looks like someone murdered her cat. That's a long and stressful way."

"And you think stealing is a less stressful way? We also may end up dealing with police if we get caught. Don't you think she is far better than that?" I ran my hands through my hair.

He smiled innocently at me in return, the kind which can even convince me to perform any crime. He was my weakness. "Alright. What's the plan?" I cannot believe I actually said that. What is wrong with me?

His face glowed up with a mischievous grin before he narrated his plan. It sounded as stupid as him and I immediately regretted for agreeing to go along with. People will think we are so screwed up if they find out. So I did the next best thing came to my mind, I hugged the nearest pole closed to my chest like my life depended on it.

"No, no don't", I whined when he grabbed my leg and started pulling. "Let go Nickkk..."

"No never!" With that he yanked me and we both landed flat on the ground with his arms wrapped around me. He was laughing while I was trying to stand up on my feet even though a part of me was enjoying it. I hit him on his chest. "Let me go."

"Only if you promise to do what I say. Will you?" He wiggled his eyebrows and I suppressed a giggle.

"I hate you so much right now", I said as I lay on the side of the empty road, according to the plan. He was trying his best not to burst out laughing.

"You'll love me again when I get you a flower", he replied.

I rolled my eyes at him before closing them and got ready for the act.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! MY GIRLFRIEND FAINTED... PLEASE HELP", he cried out in his fake half concerned and half scared voice. "HELP! SHE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE... I CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THIS UNCONSCIOUS LOOKING ANGEL..." Seriously, I thought. He is such a drama.

I heard heavy footsteps approaching us. "Oh good lord! What happened?", the shopkeeper lady asked. "This is why you kids should not be out this late", she spatted grumpily instead of helping us.

"Please look after the girl behind my every dream while I go find help", he pleaded. I heard him stand up and ran to a direction while I tried my best to keep a straight mask on my face. I felt the piercing stare of the lady burning through my face. I hate him for putting me in this kind weird situation. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. I swear, Nick will pay for this.

After a long silence she screamed, "Oi you little scumbag, bring my flower back." I opened my eyes and saw her running towards where Nick has managed to pull off a red rose from the many flowers on the bench. Wow! We did all that for a simple red rose. Why don't someone just kill me?

"Rena run now!", he yelled out. I stood up from my laying position faster than the flash. The lady stopped and turn to look at me, her eyes widen when she realised it was all an act.

"You too little missy." She angrily stomped her one foot. "Get back here stupid teenage kids!"

I ran in the same direction as Nick. He slowed down so that I could catch up with him. Once I was on his side, he grabbed my one hand laughing his ass off as he pick up his speed making me run faster. The cold wind brushed my cheeks and my short hair was dancing in the air. I was a panting mess but it was only like a warm up for him, oh I just realised how wrong that sounded. I mean he is a damn soccer player afterall while I'm a nerd, walking slowly with my books in the halls. I turn my head to see if she was still following us but praise the Lord, she wasn't.

"Have you lost some screws or your whole tool box?", I asked as I try to catch my breath.

"Huh?" He stopped laughing.

I pointed to his head. He laughed harder once he understood. "It's been missing since the day I was born", he replied. That's explains pretty much everything. I rolled my eyes at him.

"C'mon Rena, YOLO remember?"

"Yeah when my college application gets rejected after finding a crime record, I'll be wearing a 'YOLO' shirt screaming 'YOLO' on the streets as I run in circles." I let out a scoff.

"Now that've you said it. I think it's a good way to stop you going away from me...", he said slowly to himself but I heard it anyway. Then he turn his face to me, "I'd pay everything for that show. Plus, I'll get you a cap to go with your style." He threw his sinister grin on me. And somehow I knew, he'd do anything to make me stay here.

The old pick up truck came into view, that he parked like half mile away from the flower shop. He abruptly stop running before pulling me into his arms in the middle of the empty road. He rested his forehead on mine.

"You are only mine, I mean it when I say it", he said dangerously staring at my lips. I was surprised by his sudden act, sudden words. I wanted to say something in return, but with his heated stare I felt my throat get dried and couldn't focus on anything else but his lips.

Slowly he traced his soft lips on mine, driving my crazy. I smashed our lips together pulling him closer. He cupped my face with his free hand, running his thumb across my cold cheeks. We molded perfectly, forgetting we were in the middle of a road. The Lockswood woods stood on the sides making the night darker, only allowing some ray of moonlight to enter through them.

"It may die in a day but the memories we created for just a flower will stay forever and ever", he said after pulling away and handed me the red rose.

I lifted my head to meet his eyes. "You are turning so cheesy", I said smiling widely.

"Now whose fault is that?" He smirked. I shrugged my shoulders as we walk back to the truck. He helped me get up in its back before he climbed in too. Pulling me between his legs with my back touching his chest, he rested his chin on my head. I traced the soft petals of the rose with my fingertips lightly.

"You have to admit that was fun", he said and just then, it started to snow. He pulled the blanket over us, as the soft coldness touch our skins.

"Yeah, I wouldn't have it any other way", I said snuggling closer to him, and bury my face in his neck. His intoxicating smell hits me immediately. "This is what you call stargazing?", I asked extending my hand as the soft drops landed on it. 

"Nope, but this is so offbeat and..."

"...and beautiful", I finished. He nodded and kissed my head. That's how our stargazing night turned into snowfall night.

"Rena?" He called after a long peaceful silence. I hummed in reply closing my eyes as I lean more into his warm embrace. He was silent after that and I got irritated.

"What?", I asked.

"I wanted to tell you a joke about leeches. But I won't - they all suck."

I was confused for a second but then I got the pun. I hit him, making him laugh.

"Is that from internet? You're so original" I let out a small chuckle, sarcastically.

"You want to hear something original then?"

"Beat me."

"

You're the straw to my berry" he sang.

He ended up getting another hit from me and laughed heartily, "Sorry sorry..", he pulled me closer to him holding my waist and mumered in my hair, "I love you, Rena."

.

Ethan?"

....

"Ethan!"

....

"Eth..."

"...uh I I'm sorry I.. the answer is f '(x) = g(x)", he finally said it unsurely. My heart was beating fast since the time he hit the buzzer to answer but just kept standing, unmoving his jaw. Both the team were in tie and this question decides the winner, was the kind of situation.

"Your answer is absolutely... wrong. Would Saintfield like to try your luck?", the man asking the questions asked the other team while Ethan sat down with a huff, shoulders slumped.

The team captain stood up, fixing his black framed glasses. I crossed my fingers under the table because there was a little hope like if he gets it wrong too, we can get another chance.

"The answer is f '(x) = g '(x)."

"That's right and the winner is Saintfield High!"

They erupted in cheers while I try to sink more and more in my seat. My teammates patted my back saying it's alright and left. Ethan didn't move from his place while I watch everyone leaving the hallroom. I don't want to be but I was mad at him. It was a simple question, if he didn't know the answer he shouldn't have stood up.

"Pumpkin I.." He started but I abruptly stop him.

"No don't say sorry. What were you even thinking? You just stood up and did what... kept standing like a statue? I had to call you so many times in middle of the competition. What is wrong with you?", I snapped.

"I knew the answer but...."

"You knew? Then why didn't you answer it correctly? Is this some kind of joke for you Ethan?" I stood up and started grabbing my things off the table.

"You don't understand pumpkin", he sounded equally frustrated and stood up too.

"Yes I don't understand what you're trying to say. But what I do understand is, you're not being serious right now." I was ready to leave and almost made it out of the door but I halted when his next words hit me.

"It's hard okay, really hard when you lose someone so special just two months ago and found out you have.....", he cut himself off. You have what...?

I turn to face him and what I saw, made me fall in a well of guilt. I was acting like such a jerk lately. He lost his mother for God's sake and I was nothing but straight rude to him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have. I...", I was interrupted by my phone. Nick was calling but I cut the call and turn my attention back to Ethan.

"It's okay. I have to be somewhere else. Goodbye pumpkin." He was ready to walk out with his backpack.

I don't know what got into me but the next words just left my lips without my consent. "Ethan how about we go for ice cream later?"

He smiled. "You don't have to do this just because you feel guilty."

"Please? I swear its because you actually gave the team your best."

I waited for his answer as he stood near the doorway thinking.

"Maybe some other day...."

Only if I knew the meaning behind his maybe that day, a week ago. He left the town next morning and the last thing we did was fight. He didn't even give me a chance to redeem my mistake but took off suddenly without any notice just like he did in fourth grade. At the same time I don't think I deserve it anyway, for the way I treated him. He had the right to leave without telling me when I was simply an A class horrible person to him. I even tried to contact him but his number was no more available.

I closed my locker sighing. I took out the phone that buzzed in my pocket, to see I received a new text.

Rena, Nana is going batshit crazy that I didn't bring you with me. She nearly hit me with a fucking pan. Anyway, take care. Next time :)

That instantly brought a smile on my face.

******

Vote.Comment.Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 36.1K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
515K 14.7K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
183K 3.9K 23
COMPLETED A new boy joins the class and is anything but ordinary. Rafe is frantic, reckless, and unpredictable. He takes a seat next to the orphaned...
112K 3.1K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...