Paper Planes| ChaeLisa

By Adeptarmy11

There are a number of reasons to love someone. They're all written in the Paper Planes. More

1. She Likes Pink & I Like Her.
2. Clowns Scare Her, But I Don't.
3. Because I kissed Her First and She Kissed Back.
4. She Likes Me Just the Way I Am.
5. Her Eyes Hold the Secrets I Long to Tell.
6. I Need Her, and She Needs Me.
7. She's The Answer to All My Questions.
8. We're Just Two Clueless Fools.
9. I'm Hers and Shes Mine.
10. I Love Her, And She Loves Me.
12. She's Worth Fighting For
13. Because She's My Hero.
14. I'm Her One & Only.
15. Because She Pinky Promises.
16. She makes my Reality better than my Dreams.
17. I'm the Bonnie to Her Clyde.
18. Because Angels Exist.
19. She Holds My Sweetheart.
20. If Our Love is Wrong.
21. Home Is Wherever I'm With Her.
22. She's The King to My Queen.
23. She Picks Up The Broken Pieces.
24. Marry Me?
25. Kiss & Makeup.
Bonus: Wedding Hangovers.
Bonus: Baby Fever.
Bonus: The Best Kind of Crazy.
Bonus: Holy Jolly 🎄
Bonus: Merry Chrysler pt. 🎅🏽
Bonus: Merry Chrysler pt. 🎅🏽🎅🏽

11. I'm her Island In the Flood.

7.5K 380 545
By Adeptarmy11

Lisa walks into the hospital room with red puffy eyes, her heart breaking at the sight.

The doctor is doing a check up on her. Sandara is in the waiting chair with Seulgi and Irene on the couch asleep.

A hand slips into hers. It fits like a puzzle piece, and it's warmer than the hot chocolate she was holding in the other hand.

"Hi monkey," Jisoo smiles weakly.

Lisa wonders how she can be this happy at a time like this. How she could be this strong, when she was weak.

"Hi Unnie," Lisa gives a small smile back.

"Is that hot choco?" Jisoo whispers out.

"Yeah. I was going to get you one, but I thought it'd be better for you to have chocolate milk." Lisa says, setting her drink down to pull it off her jacket pocket.

"Thanks Choco-mate." Jisoo says quietly. Her eyes are barely opens and they can see that she's fighting to stay awake. "Where's my Jennie?"

As if on cue the younger girl steps into the room. Her eyes are as irritated as the rest of them. A weak smile on her face as she holds the white bouquet of Daises in her hand.

A loud continuous beep scares them all. Making Jennie rush to Jisoo's side.

"It's okay. Nothing to worry about. Her heart rate just suddenly elevated." The Doctor says.

"It's cause Jennie is here." Jisoo whispers.

Soft smiles slip onto their faces while Jennie feels a blush cover her cheeks. Jisoo reaches for her hand and she accepts.

"You should sleep Jichu," Jennie says, trying not to cry at the state her girlfriend was in.

"I don't want to...I want to see your face for a little bit longer."

It makes a tear slip down Jennie's cheek.

Sandara has to look away from the scene before her. It pains her as a mother to watch.

"I love you Kim Jisoo. Promise you won't forget no matter what." Jennie whispers shakily.

"I promise Kim Jennie..." Jisoo manages to say before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

"She'll be weak for the next few days. We'll let you know more when the tests come back. I'm sorry I'm not able to tell you more at this point. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be back later in the evening." The doctor says, bowing before leaving the room.

Sandara stands up after him, rubbing Jennie's arm comfortingly. "I'm going to take a walk. Let me know if anything happens Okay?" She kisses the side of Jennie's head before kissing Jisoo's forehead. "Keep fighting baby." She whispers.

She leaves the room and Lisa follows after her, a few tears in her eyes.

"Eomma.." Lisa says weakly.

Sandara turns with glistening eyes of her own. Not hesitating to pull her into a hug.

"Shh Shh Baby everything will be okay." Sandara soothes her sobs although her own tears started to run down her cheeks. "She's strong. She can get through this. We can get through this as a family okay? Jisoo has always been strong for us. Now we'll do the same for her."

"She's Not even gone and I miss her." Lisa cries.

"I know baby, I know..." Sandara rubs her back. "Everything is going to be okay."

•••

A few days pass and Jisoo starts showing signs of improvement to the point where she can be sent back home.

Doctors are still unsure of her condition but had told them that they'd call if anything came up. So if they didn't it was a good sign.

Jennie would be staying at their house for a few days, wanting to take care of Jisoo until she was back to 100%.

Sandara knocked on the girls door, poking her head in. "I'm headed back to work for a few hours to see how the restaurant is holding up. I'll be back soon. I made soup downstairs if you get hungry Jichu." She kisses her daughter's forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too eomma." Jisoo smiles. Her eyes getting heavy from the medication.

"I'll be waiting on her hand and foot. Don't worry eomma nim." Jennie assures.

"I know you will sweetie. Don't forget to get some rest too." Dara kisses the top of her head.

"I think I'll be going too, so that you can nap Unnie." Lisa stands up.

"Okay Limario...sarang-haeyooo," Jisoo sings with her eyes closed.

"I love you too Unnie." Lisa chuckles kissing her cheek.

"Ah—Lisa yah..." Jisoo calls again.

"What is it?"

"Keep in mind that I love you." Jisoo mumbles. The drugs were really setting in. "Mandu?"

"Yes?"

"Les take a nap," she slurs.

"Okay Jichu." Jennie giggles before laying down next to her.

"We'll leave you two. Rest well." Sandara says.

"Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!" Lisa sings before leaving the two to nap.

•••

After bidding farewell to her mother she drives over to Rosé's house. She's surprised to see a large black SUV in the driveway.

She decides it would be safe to call Rosé before surprising her.

"Hey stranger," Rosé greets.

"Hi, are you busy right now?" Lisa asks.

"Not at the moment. What's up?"

"Well I was planning to come and visit my oh so hot girlfriend when I noticed a black suv taking up the whole driveway."

"Oh shit, uhm yeah about that...my parents are home."

"Should I come back later then?" Lisa asks.

"No no, I want to see you now. I'll just come open the door for you Okay?"

"Are you sure?"

"Please? I want to see you." Rosé says, and Lisa could practically see the pout on her face.

"Okay, I'll park down the street." Lisa says.

"Okay. See yah."

"Bye babe." She hangs up.

As soon as she reaches the front door, Rosé is pulling her into the house and dragging her down the stairs to her bedroom. She can't even get a word out before Rosé is shoving her against the door and crashing her pink lips onto hers in a heated kiss, to which she gladly accepts.

It feels like hours of pure heaven when in fact it's only been a minute. Chaeyoung pulls away breathing heavily, leaving Lisa in a similar fashion.

"Well hello to you too," Lisa manages to say.

Rosé only smiles as she pulls on her white baggy tshirt, that made her look even more boyfriend/girlfriend material than she already was. Dragging Lisa towards the bed she lays her down on it, crawling atop of her to claim soft lips once more.

She utters a "hi" in between heated kisses and Lisa doesn't deny her wishes to devour the lips in front of hers.

"Holy what has gotten into you?" Lisa pants.

Rosé nips her bottom lip playfully, pulling away to look down at her handiwork. A hot and bothered Lalisa Manoban was her new thing.

"I just really really missed you," Rosé husks.

"Maybe I should stay away more often if you keep doing that," Lisa jokes.

"Please don't." Rosé pouts.

"Aish one second you're a hot sex goddess and the next you're the most adorable thing on this planet." Lisa sighs pinching her cheek. She holds Chaeyoung's waist firmly before flipping them over so that she's hovering over her. "I'm so lucky." She smiles.

There's a light blush that crawls up over Chaeyoung's cheeks, as the smile remains on her face. It's all she could do when Lisa was around.

"Your parents are back? Does that means we have to start sneaking around now?" Lisa asks.

Rosé sighs sadly. "Yeah..." It pains her to do so. But she just wasn't ready to come out to them. She didn't care about those at school, it's her father that she worried about. "I um...I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" Lisa asks while playing with Chaeyoung's pink hair.

"I actually wanted to ask if you would be my date for something this weekend. I know our last date was cancelled for good reason, and I'm honestly so happy Jisoo Unnie is Okay, but I just wanted to ask." Rosé shrugs shyly.

"What's the event?" Lisa smiles.

"It's a gala. My parents are holding it. And I know you can't publicly be my date but it's okay if only I know it right?"

"It's okay Rosie." Lisa assures, running her fingers through the soft hair. "I told you from the very beginning. I'm here to be whatever you need me to be." She smiles.

"I love you Lisa. I'm really sorry we have to do this whole secret relationship thing, but I promise I won't make you wait too long. You're honestly so sweet and caring and I hope I can be the same to you."

"I love you too Chaeyoung. I'll wait as long as you need me to." Lisa smiles before giving her a kiss.

•••

"I have to go now babe, apparently they need me back at home." Lisa says while standing up.

It causes Rosé to pout, "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah for sure." Lisa nods with a grin, leaning down to peck her lips.

"I'll see you out." Rosé says.

Lisa nods and they make their way upstairs to the front door. Rosé hopes they don't run into her father or else she'd have to explain why her 'friend' was over without permission.

"Oh Chaeyoung you're out of your room, I wasn't aware you were having a friend over."

The two freeze at the sound of Chaeyoung's mothers voice. Chaeyoung quickly composed herself, clearing her throat and giving a small smile.

"Um yeah she was just leaving. This is my friend Lisa. She just came to pick up some homework."

The word 'friend' tastes bitter in her mouth and it pains her to call Lisa that. As if the girl wasn't everything to her.

"Well it's very nice to meet you Lisa." The older woman says.

"You as well eomma nim." Lisa says, surprising her.

"Oh you speak Korean?" She says impressed.

"Yes, my family lived there for years before we moved here. I'm a Kim."

"That's Great Lisa, it's always be bilingual. I've been urging Rosé to speak more Korean. She often slips up on her words." Her mother chuckles.

"Mother. I can speak Korean just fine." Rosé groans embarrassed.

"I actually speak four languages." Lisa says proudly.

"You should stick around Chaeyoung more often. Maybe you'll rub on off on her." Her mother jokes.

"Okay eomma, Lisa needs to go now. Say your goodbyes." Rosé urges.

"Bye Lisa," Her mother waves with a chuckles as Rosé pushes them out the door.

"Oh my god she is so embarrassing. I'm sorry you had to deal with that." Rosé sighs.

"It's okay. She's quite cute." Lisa giggles with a shrug.

"She's something that's for sure," Rosé chuckles.

Lisa grabs her hand and pulls her closer. "I'll see you tomorrow." She says with a stupid grin on her face.

"I look forward to it. Let me know how Jisoo Unnie is doing okay?"

"I will for sure." Lisa nods.

"Okay go before I keep you here forever." Rosé giggles pushing her away.

"Okay okay I'm going bye," Lisa laughs. "Love you." She whispers.

"Love you too." Rosé whispers back to humour her.

•••

As soon as Lisa steps into the house she suddenly feels in easy. It makes the smile on her face fade. It's abnormally quiet when she steps into the living room.

Her family is in the living room, with Jennie.

"What's going on?" Lisa asks hesitantly.

"The doctor called..." Dara says.

She feels her heart sink at the news, immediately going to sit on the couch.

"What did he say?"

"I...I have lung cancer Lisa..." Jisoo whispers looking down at her lap.

"W-what—No...that's n-not possible..." Lisa stutters as her eyes fill with tears. She shakes her head adamantly. "P-please tell me it's not true."

"I wish I could." Jisoo says with a sad chuckle.

"It's stage two. We still have a fighting chance." Dara says hopefully. "We'll be doing whatever it takes."

"H-how could this even happen?"

"We're not sure right now. It could be genetics." Dara says.

"Ironic isn't it? I haven't smoked a damn thing in my life and this happens." Jisoo says. "I'm tired. I want to go to bed."

"Okay. Go to bed sweetie. It's been a long day, we should all get some rest." Dara says.

•••

Laying in bed late at night, Lisa couldn't quite get to sleep. Her mind was heavy with thoughts from Jisoo's news.

Grabbing her phone off the nightstand she checks the time. 2:35 am flashes across the screen. Deciding she's not going to be sleeping anytime soon she gets out of bed to head to the kitchen. Hopefully a cup of tea could fix her insomnia.

In the middle of waiting for her tea to boil, Jennie shuffled down.

"Hey What are you doing awake?" Lisa asks.

"Can't sleep. You?"

"Same." Lisa nods. "Want some tea?"

Jennie shakes her head. "No thank you."

"How about warm milk?" Lisa chuckles.

"You know me well." Jennie musters a small smile.

Lisa warms up a cup of milk for her before pouring her own tea. They sit on the bar stools in a comfortable silence. Their minds on the same exact thing.

"How do you feel?" Lisa asks.

"Well it's not everyday someone tells you your girlfriend is dying that's for sure..." Jennie says quietly whilst staring at her glass.

"I can relate on a certain level." Lisa sighs, doing the same. "I just hate seeing Unnie so weak you know? It feels foreign and...and mostly unfair. To think that someone who has always been so strong in your life could suddenly be knocked onto her knees when it's all just so damn undeserving. And I just keep thinking why Jisoo? Out of all the people in the world why is it my sister?"

"I was once told that the prettiest flowers were picked back into heaven...unfortunately for us Jisoo is the most beautiful." Jennie whispers. "I always knew she was an angel...I just hope she doesn't go to heaven too soon. Cause then my world would become a living hell. It's selfish isn't it?"

"I feel selfish too." Lisa says.

They fall into another silence. Letting their warm drinks soothe their worries away.

"In all honestly I'm scared." Jennie says. "I've never been more afraid in my damn life."

There isn't much Lisa can say at this point. What can she say when she's just as scared as Jennie? She knows words won't comfort her no matter what she says.

Leaning her head to rest on Jennie's shoulder, she utters two words.

"Me too."

•••

Rosé was sleeping when her phone started ringing loudly. Clearly she forgot to put it on silent.

Fumbling her hand on the nightstand she finally gets a hold of it. Sliding her thumb across the screen without even looking at who it could possibly be.

"Whoever this is you're disturbing my beauty sleep and unless you're the police or the love of my life I suggest you better pray I don't find you." Rosé mumbles into her phone tiredly.

"This is the police." Lisa says in her deepest voice possible.

Her eyes pop open and she looks at the caller ID. "Lisa..." She whines. "You just gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry," Lisa giggles.

That alone makes Rosé think losing sleep over this call is totally worth it.

"I really am sorry for calling you this late. I just needed to hear your voice." Lisa says.

"No it's okay. I'd wake up from a coma to take this call." Rosé jokes. "Is something wrong?"

"You could say that, but I'd rather tell you tomorrow when I see you."

"Okay." Rosé says. "We can go get breakfast before school."

"Sure. I'll pick you up." Lisa says.

They stay on the phone until Lisa starts yawning. She checks the clock to see that it's nearly 4 am and that they should both get some sleep.

"You should try and get some sleep." Rosé whispers.

"Mm'kay," She mumbles. "Thanks Rosie. Your voice is so soothing, and calm it makes all of my worries slip away. I love you..." She says before light snoring is heard.

"I love you too..." Rosé smiles.

There are a thousand things she could say to Lisa just to show her how deep her love really is. But instead she keeps them to herself.

Hidden in the wings of paper planes, they would be revealed one day.

But for today, she only tucks it away in a black box.

✈️ 'Because I'm her island in the flood.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 16.2K 41
High school fic, where the rich heiress with everything, finds herself wanting to get closer to the girl who has nothing. Mostly Chaelisa.
86.9K 3K 14
How can love be so unpredictable? Even if it's somewhere you'd never expect to find it. SHORT STORY Lisa G!P.
28.9K 1.7K 24
a story of two people in love. nothing extraordinary, just lisa and jennie being simply in love with each other. it should be simple, right?
120K 2.3K 40
When the time comes that you can't remember our story , would you still care to remember everything and love me even if our memories fade . It takes...