Forever | h.s.

By caselovesoned

"Even if I were to leave you today, tomorrow, or years from now, you should know; I've loved you since, I lov... More

Forever
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 71
Chapter 72

Chapter 38

72 4 0
By caselovesoned

~Annabel's POV~

"Can I have this dance?" Mark asked, holding a hand out and bowing. I laughed, and took his hand. He led me to the middle of the ballroom, and slipped his fingers through mine, as his other hand traveled to my waist. I was a little bit uncomfortable under his touch, since I did have a boyfriend, but I realized Mark was my date afterall, and Harry wasn't even here. Classical music began to play, and we swayed along to the music, just as everyone else was.

"Thank you for being my date, it really means a lot to me." I smiled warmly.

"My pleasure, just make sure your boyfriend doesn't find out, because I don't really want to die anytime soon." He joked, chuckling.

We danced until the song ended, making minimal conversation, and having a good laugh now and then. Mark was actually a very good dancer. I would assume he was a member of the country club, or was a higher class, instead of working at an ice cream parlor, considering the way he danced, spoke, and acted. After the song ended, we walked back to the side of the room, and Mark left momentarily, to grab us two glasses of champagne.

"Thanks," I smiled, taking a tall, slim glass from him.

"My pleasure. Anyways, tell me about yourself." He smiled, crossing his ankles.

"What would you like to know?" I smiled back, raising an eyebrow.

"Anything."

"Well, I'm 19 years old, I'll be 20 in about a month-"

"No, not basic details! I want your story. Your actual, full life story." He pushed, smirking at me.

"Oh, you don't want to know that." I shook my head, laughing a bit.

"Sure I do. I asked, didn't I?"

"What about you? Why don't you tell me something about yourself?" I asked, trying to change the subject, and hoping he forgets about my story.

"Alright.." He breathes, looking up at the ceiling as if he was thinking. "I'm 20, and my father is Christopher Brookes."

"As in the CEO of Palace Enterprise?!" I gasped, intrigued.

"That's him." Mark nodded.

"Wow, I didn't know you came from a wealthy family." I blurted.

"Well," He began.

"No, no! That's not what I meant, I meant because you work at an ice cream parlor, and you-"

"Don't worry about it," Mark chuckled. "I know what you meant."

"Good," I smiled sheepishly, my cheeks turning pink.

"I only work at that ice cream shop, because I don't want to be known as Chris Brookes' son. I want to be known as my own person, and the only way that seems easy enough to achieve, is working somewhere low key."

"So, you don't want to follow in your father's footsteps?"

"I mean, his business is pretty awesome. It's cool, what he does. But I don't want to spend my whole life designing suits, and shoes, and whatever else he designs."

"But it's a brand name company, don't you want to continue it once your dad, you know..." I say, not wanting to say the word.

"I'll leave that to my brothers. They seem to want to carry on the family name more than I do, anyways. Why would I spend my whole life, working on something that's already so popular, when there's a whole world of different opportunities out there for me to discover?" He shrugs, sipping the champagne. I nodded, processing all that was just said. Mark Brookes, I realized, wasn't some snotty rich kid, that owned everything, and wanted more. He was down to earth, optimistic about life.

"Anyways," He clears his throat. "I believe it's your turn." So, he didn't forget. Just as I was about to argue back, Lilly appeared, with Calum by her side.

"Hey!" She breathed heavily. Her hair was a bit messy as well.

"Hey.. what were you just.." I frowned.

"What do you... oh my god!" She whispered the last part. Her hand parted from Calum's as she came closer to me. "We did not just have sex!"

"Good!" I laughed. She shook her head smiling, and took a step back, her hand connecting with Calum's once more.

"Anyways, you know how I was talking about introducing some people to you? They're here!" She smiled. I looked behind my shoulder at Mark, as Lilly tugged at my arm.

"I'll be right back!" I called out. He nodded, smiling. I tried as best I could to keep my balance, while Lilly tugged me through the crowded group of people, as well as trying not to spill my glass of champagne. I felt Lilly's grasp remove from my arm as we shoved through the crowd, and into an open area, at the last minute. I stumbled forward, surprised by the loss of support Lilly had on me. When she removed her hand, the force was still lingering around my body, and I fell forward into someone's arms.

"Oh, that's gotta be awkward." Lilly giggled. I could tell she was already drunk.

"I'm so sorry, I-"

"No worries." He helped me onto my feet, and I straightened out my dress with both hands. Wait. I looked around anxiously, and there it was. The shattered glass of champagne, lie on the floor.

"Oh no.." I groaned, as two waiters cleaned up my mess. I looked at the person who caught me, and I was met with a very handsome man standing infront of me. I already knew he was Australian, by the sound of his voice. His eyes were a bright blue, his hair blonde, and styled into a quiff. He had a lip piercing as well, which was actually quite attractive.

"Hi, I'm Luke." He smiled, holding out a hand.

"Annabel, sorry for falling on you." I blushed, shaking his hand.

"No worries." He smiled, exposing a dimple in the middle of his cheek, that reminded me quite a lot of Harry. We stared at each other a bit longer, our hands still holding, longer than they should be. Once I notice, I jerk it away, in somewhat of embarrassment, as I clear my throat.

"So, Lilly told me about you." I spoke, not knowing what else to say.

"And Calum told me about you." He laughed.

"Well, our friends are just,"

"Something." He finished, laughing along with me. The laughter died down slowly, leaving us again, in awkwardness and silence.

"So," I began.

"You look nice," He complimented.

"Thank you, you do too." I smiled at his kindness. I looked over to where Mark and I were previously standing to check on him, and he was talking to a pretty blonde. I smiled and turned back to Luke, trying to think of conversation starters.

"Grab a partner, it's time to dance another dance!" A lady announced through a loud microphone, freeing me from the awkwardness that was between us two.

"Well," I started to talk, about to tell him I should be back with my date.

"Do you.. want to dance?" He suggested, pointing to the dance floor.

"Oh, sure." I smiled, not expecting that. His eyes twinkled a brighter blue, and he smiled, taking my hand. Once we stepped onto the dance floor, he placed a hand on my waist, just as Mark did. He was a decent dancer as well, didn't trip or stumble once, and was very confident. He made me laugh multiple times as well, and his laugh was melodious. After the song ended, I thanked him, and we parted ways. I made my way back to Mark, just as he was kissing the beautiful blonde on the back of her hand.

"Hey," He spoke as he saw me.

"Who's that?" I teased.

"Hannah, she just came up to me, saw that I was alone." He chuckled, looking in her direction.

"Oh, well you guys looked very cute together." I nudged him. He brought his hand to the back of his neck, and let out a shy laugh.

"I don't know, I mean she's cute, and sweet, I just don't know much about her."

"Well, isn't that what dating's for?" I smirked.

"Yeah, I guess. I'll get her number." He smiled, taking a step in her direction.

"Now, for the special, slow ballroom dance for the night! Grab your date, and let's begin!" The lady announced once more.

"Right after this." Mark shifted his body towards me, chuckling. He led me onto the dance floor, as slow, beautiful music began to play, replacing the classical music that was filling the room before. Mark and I only danced for a fraction of 5 minutes, until someone tapped on my shoulder.

"May I cut in?" He asked Mark. Mark looked at me, and nodded, stepping aside.

"I'm gonna go find Hannah." He whispered, smiling. I nodded, and turned around, expecting to see Luke, but the person I came face to face with, wasn't him.

"Harry?" I asked, shocked.

___________________________

I don't know if any of you lovies expected this, but he's baaaack!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 781 27
One Direction Imagines with Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Louis. All take place before Zayn left the band. Range from Dirty to Sweet. I am not the cr...
2.3K 118 23
That last tour could have been his end, but it wasn't. Trigger warning: this story contains mature content such as racism, islamophobia, swearing, b...
323 0 44
This is something I wrote over 3 years and felt like I should have all my stories in one spot.
1.7K 215 18
The one thing every person takes for granted is time. You never know how much of it you have, and you should really cherish every moment, because the...